View Single Post
Old Dec 24 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.
Summarising irrigation is much more complex than summarising fertlisation. A farm is either fertilised or not fertilised, but a farm can have some elements that are still irrigated and some that have been harvested and therefore are not.

What if a farm has one tree that was irrigated a week ago and hasn't been harvested? What if a farm has some crops that are irrigated and some not? Would it be better to show farms that have been irrigated in the last 20 hours, or farms that have not (and therefore can be irrigated)?

No matter how the farm's situation is summarised, it will likely be misleading or won't meet someone's need, and I think this is why we don't have an irrigation symbol for the farm selector.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm