Old Oct 02 2012, 10:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
Gidday Kimmyann, I am not a mod, just a forum member. I had ur problem and it took me a couple of days to figure it out so here goes!

My problem was that I couldn't get far enough down the neighbours page to add my new friends. If that is ur problem too then here's what I learnt...

I had to delete non-active neighbours to make enough room down the bottom for my new friends to show up. I started with the ones who just say FaceBook user cos my understanding is that those people have de-activated their FB account, so I was safe in getting rid of them.

Then I made a note of the others who were inactive. I then considered if I wanted to keep them as friends on facebook. If I did want to keep them I left them as neighbours. But all the ones that I could live without I then unfriended in FB.

Now here's where it got weird for me... FB took overnight to make those neighs that I had unfriended disappear!

Another thing I encountered from messing about in that neighbours page (which I understand is a facebook page, not FT), is that my lappy didn't like it at all! Sometimes it would freeze or mini-freeze lots. I had to restart my lappy and sometimes that didn't help much. So I switched my lappy off overnight and that really helped.

Guess I'm saying that it was a real task to achieve adding my new neighbours but it was worth it in the end. I've ended up with more active neighbours than I've had for a long time and my neighbours page is a lot more up to date.

If any of this advice is wrong I stand to be corrected. I just thought outside the square and added 2 and 2 together. Oh, and I'm good at mixed metaphors too hehehe

Would love to know an easier way if there is one!
You did good but remember put neighbors at the same amount you had or more or you loose space on your FT storage, the storage amount of items goes with how many neighbors you have... so if you take one out put one back..