View Single Post
Old Aug 29 2012, 03:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
When you have the quest screen up, click on the lifesaver that is in the top right and it will give you one of the three, they are picked at random and you can only have one lifeline active at a time and can't be used for the final step in a quest. You can see more of lifelines in the Game Guide chapter quests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Once you have opened the lifeline you cannot open it again till that quest is finished or timed out. The lifelines are a random selection and you can not pick and choose which lifeline you want.

You can make chocolate chip cookies all the time because you have received the chocolate as a gift and it is in your storage.
Thank you both. So I guess I'll go back to what I said in my original post: They need to make it so we can use gifted items in quests. In this case, I have no friends currently playing who have the chocolate factory, but active friends who can send it to me as a free gift; and though I technically completed the quest, the game refused to recognize it and grant me my reward. Which is frustrating.