View Single Post
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm lost. Right now I only have trains on one farm - so that means I'd either have to put the Oil Refinery, Stone Windmill and Ink & Pigments Factory in storage or on my train farm, right? And if I buy all 3 boxcars, I can still only use one at a time, right? One week for Stone Windmill, one week for Oil Refinery, etc?

But the part I really don't get is - what do they do? Say the Stone Windmill one - does that mean that I load my Stone Windmill like always, then I send my train out so I don't have to use my Facilities Manager to store the flour for 7 days? What if my neighbors work my facilites so much that all the flour is processed before the 7 days is up. Is the train still out for 7 days? Using the "Store All" button is so easy - I can't imagine why I'd want my train to do that for me, so I'm thinking I must be missing something. Can someone explain?

I also don't like that once you send a train out, it becomes semi-transparent. Being able to design my farms to look a certain way is most of why I love this game and I think a semi-transparent boxcar is going to make me nuts. Is it possible to have a different way to display this?
Susan, you can buy and place the car on the farm with the facility where ever it is. Then put the car into storage and move it to your train farm. No need to move your facilities. If you buy all 3 cars you can use all 3 at the same time on the same train. You just cannot use 2 of the same.
The train is independent of your facility production and provides additional product. You can still fill your facility and neighbors work it and the train has nothing to do with that. What you get from the train is additional product if you can't make enough. And the train has nothing to do with your Store All button.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.