Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to lcswdonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I just got hired to work for someone. i said thank you and they never said youre welcome. how rude! Im going to stop saying thank you if ppl wont reply with youre welcome.
Here are some reasons they may not respond:

They may not speak English, I harvest and plow for a woman who speaks almost none, she looks for me in her buddy list as others think she is rude when she doesn't respond.

They are working in full screen mode, cannot see the chat bar.

They are not even at the computer; bathroom break, food break, let the dog in/out, put wood on the fire, take care of a screaming 2 year old, etc. The avatar stays put but no one is really there to read the chat bar.

They have a culture different than yours, even if they are in the same country. You are using your cultural norms to define rudeness.

They are on another open window working on a different farm in offline mode. I do this one often, especially if I am planting another field while you prepare the next one.

Just some random thoughts. I always say thanks, that is my culture. If they are not there at all, I do it through a message. If they do not respond, it is my choice to not overreact and think poorly of them. BTW I have been hired back off thank-you messages that I have left.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20