View Single Post
Old Jul 05 2010, 04:50 PM

I NEVER hire anyone who says they only work alone. That's being unsocial! I do wish people would be a little specific though. Some stand there and just say "work" or "ready" or something like that. You hire them to do crops and flowers and get a no thanks. You cannot tell who's there to hire and who's there to work and sometimes I attempt to hire 4-5 times before I find a "worker".

When I go to the MP to work, I do specify that "I am looking for a plowing job, please". I am always hired very quickly and usually the person has several farms to plow. I honestly do not want to harvest, I have far more money than I can ever spend. So, my purpose is to up my exp. I have noticed that those who say they will harvest are also picked very quickly.

One thing to remember when hiring someone, if they seem to be pretty slow, check their level. You can do that by clicking on their avatar, and on the pop-up menu, select Send Message. That will show you the level. You can then just back out. I hired one recently that was painfully slow. A level check showed she was level 23. It takes a bit of time to build up speed so take that into consideration. I did eventually ask her if she would like some help... . got a "yes please" reply so I hired another person. I also hired both to plow.

Sometimes when they appear to just be standing there doing nothing, most likely, their system locked up or they got kicked out. I had that problem yesterday with a few people. You can try to rehire them again while they're at your farm - if you don't get a response, you can assume they're not really there.