View Single Post
Old Apr 19 2010, 05:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Blake View Post
Inviting friends to help produce faster doesnt really seem to work for me when it comes to customising who gets invited to work on my farm. Plus the request only loads up on my profile when I would like it to show up on my friends walls. I have tried to do it as shown elsewhere but doesnt seem to work....so, in very easy steps, could someone plz explain how to do this...cheers
First make sure that the people you want to see your wall post have the permission to see it. Unless you have gone in and set the privacy settings to let some see your wall post and some not you do not need to worry about this step but if you have you might want to think about changing that. If you have it set where they see none of your wall posts it is hard to change individual wall posts to let them see it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to tell you how to let some see the wall post and some not assuming that everyone can see all your wall posts, if that is not the case pm me and I will explain more.

Now click on account > edit friends > friends > create list > name it anything > add people to this list > create list.

You have now just created a sub list of friends, this list can be edited at any time. It might take fb a few minutes to update the wall post options with this list so if you do the next part too soon you might not see the list, but it shouldn't take fb too long to catch up. Once you have this list done go to farm town and click on produce faster when the wall post comes up there is a pad lock at the bottom beside publish.

Now click on the lock > customize > in these people choose specific people > type in the name of your list > click on save (you might need to hit the tab key to see save) > publish.

You are all done only the people on that list can see the wall post. This will have to be done every time you post and only want some people to see the wall post. People have a default setting where they see none or all, to let them see some but not all you have to change each individual post. Which is why you want to create a list makes it much faster. Now you only need to post one facility wall post a day people can work in all your facilities on all farms through that one post.

I hope this helps if you need any more information or don't understand something here pm me and I will try and help you.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.