View Single Post
Old Jan 29 2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
Most of the time if they're mute, they've become fearful that if they say anything about wanting a job they'll be considered "beggers". Try it sometime; send a hire request to someone whose avatar is just standing there looking cute, and see how fast you get a response.

I have a hiring test of my own. If they're able to use a mouse, and can demonstrate that by clicking to accept my hiring request, the job is theirs. I don't care what they say or don't say in the MP. And if the job doesn't work out (i.e., they leave the farm for whatever reason) I go hire someone else.

The crops get harvested and the fields plowed regardless of who does them.
I don't really see why they will become fearful to say even one sentence. If even saying one sentence / responding to a question posted by another player could be considered begging, the chat function would be pretty useless. I don't mind employees leaving the work in the middle, either; I'm just of the mind that work is available to people who seek them appropriately. There're surely people who find silently waiting agreeable, but they're not the type of workers I prefer.