View Single Post
Old Jan 06 2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelight View Post
From post by Patsy Anne: "Like raynorcp says - if only someone would give us a clue as to why the playing field is still so different for players? Is it something I can correct or is it down to the game devs - in other words do i need to sort hardware or the internet connection OR should i be patient for the dev to complete their work? please just tell us!"

The other evening I had two neighbours working for me on one of my farms. One neighbour absolutely belted through the plots with her coins / XPs crediting immediately. The other had incredibly bad lag problems and server time out problems.

We talked about it and compared notes. The main difference we could identify between the two players was their internet connection. The zippy one has cable broadband and the poor lagger uses a mobile broadband dongle.

I've also chatted with others and a fair number who have lag problems have 2 Gb or less of RAM on their computers.

I have no doubt that there are also Slashkey server issues at work here but too many people blame them entirely and I don't think that is fair.

The real answer is probably that there are a number of contributory factors, some of which Slashkey can address and others that the players need to address or to accept.
Thanks for this. I tend to be zippy, but I saw someone today who totally didn't get any credit for her work. She moved quickly but all I saw was harvests queueing without clearing. I had to hire someone behind her to finish the job, and it was like half the farm. I feel terrible that it happened but even as I rehired her, she still saw the farm as done.