View Single Post
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:17 AM

It's wrong for people to assume that those who do not like the old, old way are greedy, inconsiderate, selfish, jump all over the place, don't give it a chance, etc, etc!
I always harvest/plow in a straight line preferably top to bottom, left to right. Jumping around is a waste of time and inefficient due to the erratic cursor movement. I try to go to an unused area and not to crowd anyone out.
If I feel there are too many workers I just thank the farmer and leave...there's always another job.
I try to be polite and considerate even if others are not. Sooner or later you will run into that person again. Plus, it pays off because people ask to be buddies or neighbors and that makes it more fun and interesting.
Yes, I have a good computer and pretty fast connection which I sacrifice to pay for, so why should I be penalized for those that do not (particularly if they are content to work at a slower pace)? "Equalizing" the playing field is like "dumbing down" our public schools...playing to the lowest common denominator shouldn't be the goal, but to encourage improvement even if it is "just a game"!
For me the issue is time...I work, commute, have family, etc. and already put many hours into this...if some "improvement" adds more time commitment I just may not be able to continue even though I enjoy it very much. I'm sure there are lots of other people in the same boat.
So please, THINK, before you spout off about the rotten characteristics of your fellow farmers...

Roozter