View Single Post
Old Nov 12 2009, 05:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Having achieved level 34, I've seen a number of changes in Farmtown happen, and I have yet not to be pleased with one of them. It is, by far, the most versatile game I've ever played, I'm allowed to be creative, and it's just a lot of fun. I must admit, for awhile, harvesting was a challenge, and I still feel a glitch now and then, but learning how the game works gives me an advantage. My avatar doesn't say "Wait I'm busy" anymore. If it says "Saving", I wait until it's saved. I use the "Save Pending Changes" option. I haven't had to re-harvest, -plow, or -plant since I started using that. Refresh is my friend, but I don't have to reload to get that one tree back that I hid. Now I can uncheck, then recheck the "Show Trees" tic (or flowers, or buildings). I never got the hang of the marketplace hiring/harvesting/plowing scene. I've harvested and plowed my farm many times myself just because I don't want to go to the marketplace. It's scary in there. When I do hire a worker, I pick one who isn't shouting HIREMEHIREME, I hire ONE, then ask them if they want help. Some do, most don't. I simply do not see the sense in hiring five, but maybe those that do just like to see them scatter. If the harvester does a good job, I hire them to plow. Thank you for a wonderful game, and I hope the future holds bigger and better things for those of us who love it.