Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 18th, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635666)

Raul Apr 18 2018 02:49 AM

New Release -- April 18th, 2018

As part of the new requirements by Facebook, every 90 days you will have to re-authorize the Farmtown game to access your basic information like name, picture and friends which are essential to the operation of the game.

***The only information about your friends that we access is the name and picture, and we use that info strictly inside the game, we don't provide or sell that info to any third party.***

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on May 10th, 11:30PM.

Hi There, En Espaņol AQUI

1. 46 x 46 farm expansions for farms 11 - 20: The price is 30 Billion coins or 30 Farm Cash.

Note: With the optimizations we released last year bigger farms perform well enough even on old computers and even better if the farm contains lots of duplicated items.

2. Employee / Employer Improvements:

a) When you are hired as an employee, if your browser crashes in the middle of your work or you reload your browser by accident, if you enter the game again in the next 10 minutes you will see another hiring screen explaining that you didn't complete your last job giving you the option to return to your previous employer farms and continue working.

b) When hiring others to work your farms if you enable the 'Let employee use my fuel' option, your fuel will always be used first, only when you, the employer, don't have fuel available the employees fuel will be used.

c) All and None buttons added to the Hire Multiple screen

d) On the 'Farmtown Wall Request' screen, we will highlight in pink those posts from users that you have visited recently to work their facilities. If you click on those posts, it's very likely that you receive the warning from the mayor that you already worked the facilities for that user.

3. Global Ingredient Planner Improvements:

a) When you open the Global Ingredient Planner we will show no information until you make the desired changes to all the filter dropdowns and then click the 'Update' button on the right, this way you don't have to wait every time you change each filter.

b) All your filter selections will be remembered the next time you open the Global Ingredient Planner

c) Added 18 months and 2 years time ranges

d) Added a new sort 'By Facility' where you can see the products grouped by facility type, ex: all your inks, all your metal sheets, etc

4. Facility Chains Manager Improvement: When you click the blue neighbour icon in the 'Add Chains' tab we will show you the info of each of those neighbours that you could potentially import/export products to.

5. Wildlife Removal Services (FC): Provides Wildlife Removal Services and can be stocked with products from the Critter Control Supplies.

6. Flavored Water Factory (Coins): Produces Flavored Water.

Lemon Water
Orange Water
Watermelon Water
Pineapple Mint Water
Grapefruit Rosemary Water
All Green Water
All Fruit Water
All Citrus Water

7. Beach Motel (Coins): Provides Beachside Lodging Services and can be stocked with products from the Flavored Water Factory.

8. Hungarian Restaurant (FC): Produces Hungarian Food.

Langos
Goulash
Fishermans Soup
Fozelek
Chicken Paprikash
Porkolt
Lecso
Somloi Galuska

New products from other facilities: Paprika in the Spice Factory.

9. Taste of Korea (FC): Provides Korea Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Korean Restaurant.

10. Taste of Britain (FC): Provides Britain Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the British Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

PS. The changes to the NCC we announced on the previous release will be released in about 2 weeks.

Post-Release Info - April 20th, 5:00PM

- BugFix: When hired by friends to work their farms or their facilities, sometimes a screen will show up by mistake asking you to complete legacy quests (those that require tools like Rake, Gloves and Water Hose).
- Better grouping of products in the 'By Facility' sort in the Global Ingredient Planner.

Post-Release Info - April 23th, 7:10PM

- The 'Reuse Last Itinerary' option for ships need some clarification, this option only works when you have at least 1 ship currently dispatched that has not been unloaded yet, we will update the wording of the confirmation messages to clarify this requirement.

Post-Release Info - April 24th, 10:30PM

- BugFix: Sometimes hire request sent in the market were lost, not reaching the intended employee.

- We replaced the 'Let employee use my fuel' checkbox by a dropdown with the following options:

1. Let employee use my fuel first -> this is the one we had earlier today
2. Let employee use my fuel last -> this is the one we had a month ago, before the last release
3. Do not let employee use my fuel

- We added this dropdown to the Super Neighbour setup screen, so you can specify whatever option you like for each of your Super Neighbours.

Post-Release Info - April 26th, 1:30AM

- Released the Hungarian Restaurant.

Post-Release Info - April 27th, 11:00PM

- While we continue troubleshooting the issue of missing Hire Request confirmation messages, we will be disabling and enabling again the 'Employee remaining hired after a browser crash' feature (2.a above). Currently it is disabled.

Post-Release Info - May 1st, 11:30PM

- Released old Mothers Day items and 8 new Mothers Day items, 2 as gifts, 4 at the top of the Mothers Day category in the store and 2 at the bottom.

Post-Release Info - May 9th, 2:00AM

- Bugfix: Players sometimes getting the "Wait I'm Busy" message by mistake on different contexts, like when moving avatar, trying to open the Facility Manager and may be other scenarios as well.
- Bugfix: Employees kept receiving hire requests even when they have already been hired and working the farm.
- Bugfix: Employers not receiving the confirmation message that the employee has accepted the hire request. On this one, we think there could still be situations where the confirmation message may not arrive, but at least this should be happening as infrequent as it was happening a month ago, before the recent changes.

Post-Release Info - May 10th, 11:30PM

- Continued improving message delivery reliability in the marketplace, for example, before this change, if you have sent a hire request to user U1, then another user U2 send you a hire request, if during the period that the hire request of user U2 is on your screen, user U1 confirms your hire request then you will not see that confirmation. What we did in this case is that all confirmations sent by other players to requests initiated by you will be queued and will be shown eventually after you close the current request being shown on the screen. This applies to buddy and selling product requests as well.

Also, before this change, if during that same period, another user U3 send you a hire request, that request will be simply ignored and the sender will never know. In this case, what we did was to send and auto-reply to the sender telling her that you are currently interacting with another user.

Known Problems:

None.

barbaraelwart Apr 18 2018 03:20 AM

Thanks very much for the update.

I have a problem today with the Notepad in the Facility Manager and now see it is part of the new release. However, when I press UPDATE - nothing happens !! Hopefully this will sort itself out soon :)

Keef Apr 18 2018 03:41 AM

awesome thanks for the new stuff

Lara Apr 18 2018 04:22 AM

thanks for the update

mareface Apr 18 2018 04:43 AM

YAY thank you!

mareface Apr 18 2018 04:59 AM

Just tried to load beach motel and the flavored water ingredients came up

texans Apr 18 2018 05:28 AM

How come then since I have all the facilities that I get a pop up message saying my farm has too many facilities?

aatredes Apr 18 2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mareface (Post 6235706)

I just had the same thing happen FYI

Edoka Apr 18 2018 05:51 AM

Thank you so very much for the team :-)
This release is special to me as I am Hungarian and always wanted to see Hungarian restaurant in my favorite game <3

kperry7411 Apr 18 2018 05:55 AM

awsome Thank you

CARMEN TERESA Apr 18 2018 05:58 AM

muchas gracias!

JuliaK Apr 18 2018 06:25 AM

hi all, thanks for the update and I know you all work extremely hard to keep the game functioning
BUT
am really undecided about the new facilities... it used to be one of each FC and Coins and then it went to 2 of each... now we have two coins and 4 fc in most updates and that is just becoming so expensive for the normal player and the are very clever in that if you dont purchase and you do the Quests, you may not be able to complete them without ALL the facilities. I know it is a FREE game and I realise they have to make some $$ to keep it going but yeah getting a bit tough on the pocket especially when both hubby and I play... its taking the fun out a tad

Tiger Apr 18 2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaraelwart (Post 6235682)
Thanks very much for the update.

I have a problem today with the Notepad in the Facility Manager and now see it is part of the new release. However, when I press UPDATE - nothing happens !! Hopefully this will sort itself out soon :)

Hi barbaraelwart,

I have just tried mine and it's working fine. Did you change the filters in there to what you wanted them to show before you clicked update? If you did which filters did you pick?

Tiger Apr 18 2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mareface (Post 6235706)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aatredes (Post 6235722)
I just had the same thing happen FYI

Hi mareface and aatredes,

The Beach Motel is loaded with the items from the Flavored Water Factory so you should be seeing flavoured waters to load in there.

JKatz Apr 18 2018 06:32 AM

It appears that hire requests in the market are not being rec'd. I've sent about 50 & never get an acceptance or refusal but people keep begging for jobs.

Qivis Apr 18 2018 06:53 AM

Suddenly one of my Super Neighbors reports that she cannot harvest my farms. Even though I have billions of fuel available she is getting a message that states she has tried to deduct too much fuel.

Tiger Apr 18 2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKatz (Post 6235754)
It appears that hire requests in the market are not being rec'd. I've sent about 50 & never get an acceptance or refusal but people keep begging for jobs.

Hi Katz,

I have just hired with no problems. Which jobs were you hiring for?

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again please.

Tiger Apr 18 2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6235762)
Suddenly one of my Super Neighbors reports that she cannot harvest my farms. Even though I have billions of fuel available she is getting a message that states she has tried to deduct too much fuel.

Hi Qivis,

What job is she doing when she gets that message? Is it just harvest crops or other items as well? Does she have any fuel?

An SN just tried trees, who has fuel and that seems to be working ok.

Palmarina Apr 18 2018 07:37 AM

Hi, thanks a lot for the updates.
However, when I click on the My Neighbours tab, I can't see my neighbours anymore. I cleared memcache, but that didn't help. Is it only me or do other gamers have a similar problem?

Qivis Apr 18 2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6235782)
Hi Qivis,

What job is she doing when she gets that message? Is it just harvest crops or other items as well? Does she have any fuel?

An SN just tried trees, who has fuel and that seems to be working ok.

She prefers crops but does other things as well. I suggested to her that she try clearing the Farm Town memcache but apparently she is having similar problems on the farms of others even after trying that.

What I did learn though is that she did not know that the available fuel is shown on screen while she is working on other farms. She asked how she would know when her own fuel is used up. So I think she probably did use it up and was trying to use mine when it hit zero. I also do not know what browsers other than Chrome she may use if this would make a difference.

JKatz Apr 18 2018 07:39 AM

Just harvest/plow on all my farms that are ready. I have cleared my cache & will try again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6235774)
Hi Katz,

I have just hired with no problems. Which jobs were you hiring for?

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again please.

Sqrl Apr 18 2018 07:49 AM

I don't understand the rationale behind the switch on fuel when hiring.

Tiger Apr 18 2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6235794)
She prefers crops but does other things as well. I suggested to her that she try clearing the Farm Town memcache but apparently she is having similar problems on the farms of others even after trying that.

What I did learn though is that she did not know that the available fuel is shown on screen while she is working on other farms. She asked how she would know when her own fuel is used up. So I think she probably did use it up and was trying to use mine when it hit zero. I also do not know what browsers other than Chrome she may use if this would make a difference.

Hi Qivis,

To to market and start to hire someone but don't complete the hire. Check in the hire window if you have allowed fuel to be used. When she is on your farm working, as of this update, it should be using your fuel not hers.

Qivis Apr 18 2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6235810)
Hi Qivis,

To to market and start to hire someone but don't complete the hire. Check in the hire window if you have allowed fuel to be used. When she is on your farm working, as of this update, it should be using your fuel not hers.

I have just worked the first 8 farms of another neighbor for whom I am Super Farmer and noticed my fuel did not drop by a single tank. This is consistent with the aforementioned update, but one of my accounts that I have kept for testing purposes (even after learning of Facebook's one account rule) just worked 2 of my farms and my fuel gauge did not change until I refreshed FT in my own browser window. And this is somewhat consistent with the changes as well even if a bit delayed. I am going to have to assume that the issue is something unique to Ana's account or computer since it will be a few weeks until even my testing account runs out of his own fuel and is able to experiment further. Thanks for the help and suggestions though. :D

I forgot to mention that she is 6 hours ahead of Eastern US time since she lives in Spain and I am in the same time zone as Slashkey if this makes any difference.

clougo Apr 18 2018 08:09 AM

global ingrediant planner

can someone point me to that please

Qivis Apr 18 2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sqrl (Post 6235806)
I don't understand the rationale behind the switch on fuel when hiring.

Many farmers have complained about having to use up their own fuel before they can use that of their employers. This is in part because fuel is also used when filling semi-trucks and using tools for collecting from and filling factories and shops. I seem to remember Raul saying something about possibly changing it in one of the surveys he sent me a couple months ago. :)

Sqrl Apr 18 2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6235846)
Many farmers have complained about having to use up their own fuel before they can use that of their employers. This is in part because fuel is also used when filling semi-trucks and using tools for collecting from and filling factories and shops. I seem to remember Raul saying something about possibly changing it in one of the surveys he sent me a couple months ago. :)

Oh sure, I understand why the fuel refuseniks wanted the change, I just don't see what's in it for those who've actually bought the Oil Refinery.

Tiger Apr 18 2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clougo (Post 6235842)
can someone point me to that please

Hi clougo,

Open your Facility Manager and up top right you will see a little notepad. Click on it and it opens the global ingredient planner.

peekachoo Apr 18 2018 08:21 AM

Thank you for the new updates , and for all the work you do on the game.

I may be a bit slow today, but what is the Global Ingredient Planner, and where can I find it .....thanks :)

Tiger Apr 18 2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekachoo (Post 6235862)
Thank you for the new updates , and for all the work you do on the game.

I may be a bit slow today, but what is the Global Ingredient Planner, and where can I find it .....thanks :)

Hi peekachoo,

Open your Facility Manager and up top right you will see a little notepad. Click on it and it opens the global ingredient planner.

Qivis Apr 18 2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sqrl (Post 6235854)
Oh sure, I understand why the fuel refuseniks wanted the change, I just don't see what's in it for those who've actually bought the Oil Refinery.

I have several neighbors who own 1 oil refinery, but refuse to buy more than one even knowing that it might lead to them running out of fuel more often than they would like - because they want to use farm cash for other things.

RoseArienh Apr 18 2018 08:38 AM

Thanks for the update! I've been wishing for exactly that type of beach motel. That was a nice surprise with my morning coffee. :)

debhurst51 Apr 18 2018 08:40 AM

Thank you guys/gals. Love new stuff; have to wait for payday though :( Love to see you getting more variety of regular restaurants and not the "Taste of" stuff. Those take forever to get to 100%. Cheers....Deb

Sqrl Apr 18 2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6235882)
I have several neighbors who own 1 oil refinery, but refuse to buy more than one even knowing that it might lead to them running out of fuel more often than they would like - because they want to use farm cash for other things.

There are many many things to buy with FC, to be sure! This is one reason why I suggested they make the refinery coins.

Lila63 Apr 18 2018 08:59 AM

I hire at the market and have always checked use my fuel. Some farmers have none and I'm happy to share. I don't understand the change. We have always had to use our own fuel to play. Not sure I want to share with people who have as much or more than I do. They get coins, XP, and a bonus for working and now they don't have to use their own fuel.

clougo Apr 18 2018 09:01 AM

global ingrediant planner

thanks for helping

Qivis Apr 18 2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lila63 (Post 6235898)
I hire at the market and have always checked use my fuel. Some farmers have none and I'm happy to share. I don't understand the change. We have always had to use our own fuel to play. Not sure I want to share with people who have as much or more than I do. They get coins, XP, and a bonus for working and now they don't have to use their own fuel.

It is just an assumption, but it looks like either Raul et al just took that part of the update offline again because of certain issues or the neighbor for whom I am working has run out. More likely the latter. My fuel was not changing while working as a Super Neighbor until I got to her 22nd farm and she is not online at the moment for me to ask her if she is out of fuel. So I cannot tell which is the case - only that my Super Neighbors are happy that they will be able to use my fuel in the future {from my 5 oil refineries that I keep using to make it even though I go months between fill-ups!} :D

Lila63 Apr 18 2018 09:18 AM

I'm hoping they change it back. I've unchecked my box until they do.

jeannine_p Apr 18 2018 09:22 AM

thanks for the update!! these are some wonderful updates to existing things, much appreciated. and the fuel change is brilliant. as it is, with all the facs i work, i only refuel about once every 2 years. i always have checked to let employees use my fuel, and since we can exchange gifts for whatever we want, getting fuel is no longer an issue for anyone, or shouldnt be. i dont mind sharing mine with others. well done devs!! <3

Moose Mob Apr 18 2018 09:35 AM

Isn't "Taste of Britain" an oxymoron?

(as I hang out in Thailand)