Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- May 3rd, 2017 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629154)

Aussie Rae May 03 2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket (Post 6160306)
Re using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out not working in the latest version of Chrome when in full screen mode - mine is working just fine :D

same here, never had any problems with it, in fact don't have any of the problems a lot of people post about... :)

Taz D May 03 2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetoocraft (Post 6160794)
I'm confused. I want to purchase the 5X5 harvest, plant, plow Combine EX and was under the impression that I did not need to purchase all the previous Combines and related equipment. It says tool(s) so I am assuming you are talking about all the EX tools. When I attempted to purchase the Combine EX 5X5, it states I must already have the regular one 16x16. This is such a waste of money to HAVE to purchase tools we are not going to use.

"Quote" To buy these tools you *do not* need to own any of the regular crop tools 18x18. However, say you are using a Combine Harvest-Plow Ex of any size, if you switch to the highlight mode and you also own the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18, then that's the Combine that will be selected instead of the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 16 x 16.

Hi lovetoocraft,
In order to buy the EX 5x5 tools you do have to own the 16x16 tools including the combines if you want the EX 5x5 combines. This is the way it has always been for purchasing tools.
You can look at the tools in the store and it will have an Unlock button if you need other tools and it will tell you what you need before you can buy that particular tool.

mhope23 May 03 2017 11:02 PM

Still waiting for better ships.

It was the ship time limits that got me frustrated caused me to put my ships into storage. you get your ships nearly filled and oops 24 hours are up and "dang you have to start over" Maybe if I could have hired "trained" loaders. (Pay an insurance fee or a loader fee or whatever you want to call it to make loading go quicker.) I could have gotten loaded sooner. on the one and only ship
I own, or the sixth one. It should not make any difference how many I own nor how many I have sailed. The ship thing still needs to be better thought out.
Now that being said, I like the sounds of the store and the new arrangement so we know what we are lacking for a purchase. also finding tools, not in storage will help folks a great deal. Thanks very much for these grand improvements. The expansions? Well for those that can afford them, Bully! Me I will keep plugging along with what I have and try to grow a little here and there.

Snookie Sue May 03 2017 11:56 PM

Ditto!

New possibilities won't help me at all. Ships for me are probably always going to be decorative. :(

leighwj1960 May 04 2017 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 6160202)

4. Regular Harvester, Plower and Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18 (FC) (Coming later today): If you already own their 16 x 16 versions, then you can buy these regular crop tools and work on 324 crop fields at a time.

Where are these tools? It has been more than 24 hours and is now the NEXT day.

knolan May 04 2017 06:39 AM

Cargo Ships

Why can't they put a cancel button to cancel a cargo ship? Sometimes, when I've made a mistake & chosen the wrong container or ship, I want to cancel it, but I can't. So I need to wait a full 24 hrs before I can start over. There should be some type of option for us to cancel a ship or container.

knolan May 04 2017 06:53 AM

EX Crop Hover info

When are they going to put the crop info when using the Combine EX? I need to know the crop info when I hover over the completed crops. I don't always plant the same crop on each farm. I have several crops on 1 farm that I use for the quests. So that, even if a crop is ready to harvest, I don't always harvest it right away, there are times when I need to know what crop I'm replacing. Because I can't always identify what the crop is & how long it will be good for before spoiling, so I need to hover over the crop to get the crop name & time frames. When are they going to fix that option? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know.

marymarcel May 04 2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knolan (Post 6160870)
Why can't they put a cancel button to cancel a cargo ship? Sometimes, when I've made a mistake & chosen the wrong container or ship, I want to cancel it, but I can't. So I need to wait a full 24 hrs before I can start over. There should be some type of option for us to cancel a ship or container.

Hi knolan :)

It is better to post your idea in our Suggestion section to have all ideas in the same place.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestiosn:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

marymarcel May 04 2017 07:02 AM

Hi all :)

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Updates - May 3rd, 11:50PM

- There has been some complications in the release of the new tools, we expect to release them soon, most likely tomorrow.

Dan H May 04 2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leighwj1960 (Post 6160850)
Where are these tools? It has been more than 24 hours and is now the NEXT day.

Release Notes: Post-Release Updates - May 3rd, 11:50PM

- There has been some complications in the release of the new tools, we expect to release them soon, most likely tomorrow.

Texas Belle May 04 2017 10:06 AM

Thank you Raul & Co., like always you guys rock... THANK YOU!!

Tom C May 04 2017 11:30 AM

It would be nice to have everything ready for once when putting out a new release, instead of, later today, tomorrow, later this week. Just for once it would be nice to have a whole release ready.

Dulcinea May 04 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 6160202)
6. Easier to know which tools are required to buy another tool in the Store: When a tool X is locked because of required items that are still not owned, instead of just hiding the 'Buy' button we are now showing an 'Unlock' button. This 'Unlock' button will remove all tools from the screen and display only those tools required to buy the tool X. If any of those required tools is also locked because of other required items still not owned, the same thing will happen, an Unlock button will appear and so on.

This way you can drill down and back (using the Back button on the top) and navigate the full required items structure for any tool.

Very useful, thanks. :)

JoGilliam May 04 2017 01:19 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the changes, I always think that you are working to improve the game and resolve problems for us.

I especially liked the idea that improvement on the ships may come - I had put mine all in storage. I could accomplish the loading and sending out each day (I'm retired), but honestly it just took so much energy that I started getting very tired and it wasn't fun. Once I put them where I couldn't see them it was better. I did them nonstop for about 3 weeks.

I am looking forward to trying out your ideas for improvement, and have brought them back out again to see how you handle the next iteration of this feature.

JoGilliam May 04 2017 01:23 PM

Another comment - it would be so helpful to have a filter in the Tools section of the store that was "Not Owned" - like the one in the facilities.

Thanks for all you do to keep the game fresh and fun!

Taz D May 04 2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoGilliam (Post 6161086)
Another comment - it would be so helpful to have a filter in the Tools section of the store that was "Not Owned" - like the one in the facilities.

Thanks for all you do to keep the game fresh and fun!

Hi JoGilliam,
Please put your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all of the suggestions together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

TGrrrr May 04 2017 01:49 PM

Zoom Out Farther

Hello !
I would like to suggest that it be enabled for us to zoom out farther now with the bigger farms. It would make working the farms much easier :)

Taz D May 04 2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGrrrr (Post 6161094)
Hello !
I would like to suggest that it be enabled for us to zoom out farther now with the bigger farms. It would make working the farms much easier :)

Hi TGrrrr,
Please put your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all of the suggestions together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

Denise Dianna May 04 2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 6160546)
I do not have time to prepare the containers one at a time. Need to give us a tool that does them all at once. Guess my ships will be staying in my harbor,and my port will continue to be closed. At some point I see myself deleting the harbor and turning farm 32 in to a field.

why not prepare one container and send that out?

DianeCK May 04 2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftjill (Post 6160466)
I posted about getting this error message too.
Requested seal food from the Frozen Foods factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy.duck@gmail.com View Post
Is anyone else getting a message that they cannot request facility products from friends? The error reads

"Our security systems have detected that a lot of people are posting the same content, which could mean that it's spam. Please try a different post.
If you think you're seeing this by mistake, please let us know."

I reported it to Facebook, but it may be an issue with this release.
Hi kathy.duck,

Which ingredients did you ask for? Is this happening with requests all from the same facility or different ones?

I also have seen this when I tried to post the new items to my wall. the factories were fine so far. just on the new items..

Taz D May 04 2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCK (Post 6161126)
I also have seen this when I tried to post the new items to my wall. the factories were fine so far. just on the new items..

Hi DianeCK,
The developers have been made aware of this. As this is a Facebook security message then they may have to be the ones to fix this.

mlrobards May 05 2017 08:11 AM

I am so waiting for new tools! Wanted to thank Devs. for the delay. Making sure they're working right is awesome :)

Rugged Barbie May 05 2017 10:35 AM

I, too, got the security issue this morning when trying to post copper ore and petrol barrels for a quest. I closed out FT, returned about an hour later and was able to post for petrol barrels and something else. However, I had already started the process for copper ore so don't know if that was the initial trigger.

BTW, love this game and am totally confused about the new EX tools and what I don't have to already own to buy them. :confused:

Taz D May 05 2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie (Post 6161262)
I, too, got the security issue this morning when trying to post copper ore and petrol barrels for a quest. I closed out FT, returned about an hour later and was able to post for petrol barrels and something else. However, I had already started the process for copper ore so don't know if that was the initial trigger.

BTW, love this game and am totally confused about the new EX tools and what I don't have to already own to buy them. :confused:

Hi Rugged Barbie,
The ingredient requests Facebook security message is intermitent. It's happening with some posts but not all. You will not know until you try if there will be a problem. As it is a Facebook security message that pops up we may well have to wait for them to resolve the problem.

For the EX tools you first have to own the 16x16 original tools before you can buy the EX 5x5 tools. Then the EX 6x6 and EX 7x7 (when they are released) would have to be bought in order.
If you go to the store and hover your mouse over a tool and see an Unlock button instead of the Buy button you can click on that and it will show you what you need to buy first before that tool will be unlocked.

JoGilliam May 05 2017 11:22 AM

Graphite

Any hope for graphite to be added to the ores in the ships and/or trains?

Thanks for all you do.

Taz D May 05 2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoGilliam (Post 6161270)
Any hope for graphite to be added to the ores in the ships and/or trains?

Thanks for all you do.

Hi JoGilliam,
If you wish to make a suggestion, please post it in the Suggestions section where the developers will see it with all the other suggestions. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

dorissau May 05 2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlrobards (Post 6161222)

I am so waiting for new tools! Wanted to thank Devs. for the delay. Making sure they're working right is awesome :)

The tools will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be some!

Aneida May 05 2017 04:24 PM

Thank you for the update.

dofford May 06 2017 08:25 AM

I have dispatched a ship and yesterday and when I started loading the Pink Ship and the loading time is still 48 min. Should be 43 min buy my calculations.

Tiger May 06 2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dofford (Post 6161386)
I have dispatched a ship and yesterday and when I started loading the Pink Ship and the loading time is still 48 min. Should be 43 min buy my calculations.

Hi dofford,

The reduced preparation time for the ships has not been released yet.

DCN-Toujours May 06 2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlrobards (Post 6161222)

AGREE!!!
Thanks Raul & Team!!

Tom C May 06 2017 01:23 PM

This idea to reduce the loading time of the containers is stupid. I would still have to come back to ft several times a day to load the next one. I do not have the time for that, I need to be able to load all containers at once. That is the only way the ships are of any value. I will not be sending out ships or opening my port until that time.

I said a few months ago that having a new release every month should be changed to a few a year since they are never ready when released. Case in point this release the big stuff in this release does not work or has not been put in play. No tools working and the time to load ships still has not been put in place.

craftyoldlady7 May 06 2017 02:52 PM

Love the new ex tools, waiting patiently for the 7 x 7's! Please, could you find a way to do something like the seaport manager for the trains? I have 8 or 9 trains and it is difficult to keep track of which are ready to unload. Like if you have 2 or 3 friends who didn't click to move train on and you have 8 or 10 more hrs before unloading, the time going to the farm that has that train is wasted. If you have only 2 or 3 hours to be on 'puter every minute counts

marymarcel May 06 2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyoldlady7 (Post 6161490)
Love the new ex tools, waiting patiently for the 7 x 7's! Please, could you find a way to do something like the seaport manager for the trains? I have 8 or 9 trains and it is difficult to keep track of which are ready to unload. Like if you have 2 or 3 friends who didn't click to move train on and you have 8 or 10 more hrs before unloading, the time going to the farm that has that train is wasted. If you have only 2 or 3 hours to be on 'puter every minute counts

H craftyoldlady7 :)

It is better to post your idea in our Suggestion section to have all of them in the same place and easier for the developers to read them.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Queen.of.Clutter May 06 2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 6161282)
The tools will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be some!

Or not ...........

Nancy Corbin May 07 2017 01:53 AM

Thanks for the encourgment.

mcdaddie May 07 2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyoldlady7 (Post 6161490)

Hey craftyoldlady, There is a tool I use everyday. Go to the toolbox, open it, find the pic of the clock (Show times), open it and click on the button named "Trains" and it will give you a list of all your trains. Any with a green check mark is ready to be unloaded, and any with an # of hours left will be on all still out for pickup. Hover your mouse over the number and it will tell you if any are still available to send more requests for help out. I use this tool daily. I think you will find it very valuable with all the trains you have.

maggiel29 May 07 2017 12:19 PM

Cargo ships: - I thought the dispatch remaining time would decrease if you had sent out ships in the previous days? I dispatched ships every day for three days. My 4th ship - the brown one is preparing. It is still showing its normal time of 56 mins - does this new feature only apply when you get to day 7?

Tiger May 07 2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 6161698)
Cargo ships: - I thought the dispatch remaining time would decrease if you had sent out ships in the previous days? I dispatched ships every day for three days. My 4th ship - the brown one is preparing. It is still showing its normal time of 56 mins - does this new feature only apply when you get to day 7?

Hi maggiel29,

It hasn't been released yet.

maggiel29 May 07 2017 01:55 PM

Hi Tiger - thanks for the response about the ships and the preparation time! I missed the vital sentence "coming in a few days" duh .................