Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- March 26th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312926)

Raul Mar 26 2010 10:52 PM

New Release -- March 26th, 2010

Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which contains:

1. 5 new crops (muchrooms, bell pepper, sweet potato, artichoke, soybeans)

2. Bamboo tree

3. Easter Items

4. The "Produce Faster" button located on the "What's cooking" tab on each facility is already working, so your friends can help your facility to produce faster. This is how it works:

- You click on the "Produce Faster" button and post a request to your friends wall asking for help

- When a friend click on the post link or image and goes to your farm to work on your facilities, they can complete up to 20% of the production you have pending on all the facilities

- You also get +3 XP for each product type they work on

- The Major compensates your friend with some goods as well (those are taken from the Major reserve, they are not deducted from your prodution)

- Your friend also receive 3XP for each product type they work on

- Once a friend navigates to your farm using the link/image on the post, they can work on any facility you have on any of your farms.

- Once a friend work in your farm, he/she can not work again until next day.

New cool facilities almost ready!

Thanks,

--Raul

Capt. Conor Mar 26 2010 10:55 PM

Thanks Raul, I love the constant updates that are coming back :) Thanks for the little hint too ;) (shhh, we won't tell Bert :P )

janisko Mar 26 2010 10:56 PM

Thank you, Raul.... The new additions of the last and this upgrade are fantastic.

Glitch in the PRODUCE FASTER window. Once you select people to send the request to you can't save the list or click on PUBLISH! Save is stuck inside the other window and publish is behind the window. I can't send this request to over 160 people! HELP!!!

ellshere Mar 26 2010 11:04 PM

Thanks so much Raul.

We are working on a thread for everyone showing the new items and explaining the procedures for gifting the new Easter items as it is slightly different than previous gifting processes.

Momthebomb191 Mar 26 2010 11:08 PM

THANK-YOU!!!!!!! I appreciate all the wonderful new additions. The Easter items are so colorful and greatly appreciated. I can't wait to try the new crops. I am staying up past my bedtime to decorate and plant new items. Thanks again for all your efforts to make us happy. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! :):):D:D
Sharon aka Mom the bomb

JAS0643 Mar 26 2010 11:23 PM

Thank you for the new stuff I can't wait to plant the new crops. I also like the Easter stuff and can't with to decorate my farm with them. I can't wait to see what new facilities you have in store for us. I hope we get new flowers soon we have not had new flowers since July of last year. In your next release of crops how about a crop worth more then pineapples it has been the top dog long enough something needs to out do it.

hickchick Mar 26 2010 11:38 PM

Appreciate new stuff and the produce faster sounds very cool. However, unless i have missed something, the new crops are ****. Worth less than anything else so far.

crazyladyj111 Mar 26 2010 11:44 PM

my sugar mill is gone

can anyone help me my sugar mill is gone :-(

JAS0643 Mar 26 2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hickchick (Post 3328754)
Appreciate new stuff and the produce faster sounds very cool. However, unless i have missed something, the new crops are ****. Worth less than anything else so far.

You have a right to your own opinion but new crops are never **** in my opinion. Would I like something that is worth more the pineapples yes but not all crops can be worth more then pineapples. Also do you want crops that are only long term crops added to the game? I don't I want a mix added to the game so that means that some of the new corps will not be high priced crops but they will be short term corps. There has to be a balance in what is added to the game. Well that is just my opinion on the matter. Also if you look at the hourly net of the crops raspberries is your biggest money maker not pineapples.

janisko Mar 26 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momthebomb191 (Post 3328670)
THANK-YOU!!!!!!! I appreciate all the wonderful new additions. The Easter items are so colorful and greatly appreciated. I can't wait to try the new crops. I am staying up past my bedtime to decorate and plant new items. Thanks again for all your efforts to make us happy. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! :):):D:D
Sharon aka Mom the bomb

And you're doing one fine job!

kaylene Mar 27 2010 12:01 AM

love the new seeds and the Easter additions :D thanks so much :)

Mr. H Mar 27 2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hickchick (Post 3328754)

Actually, it looks to me like artichokes and soybeans are an improvement over the previous best 4 and 12 hour crops. That's good news for those of us that plant primarily shorter term crops.

A quick glance at the other crops and I'd say they might not be the biggest payday but the profitability looks pretty good. Plus, we don't know what kind of new facilities are in the works and if these crops may become important in the future.

Wilde Lily Mar 27 2010 12:45 AM

Thank yo Raul!!!! :D :D :D

kiwirick Mar 27 2010 01:15 AM

New aditions look **** nice, but tis a pity that I still get Error x025 on my dairy even after clearing cache etc

JAS0643 Mar 27 2010 04:40 AM

I posted a request for people to help me at my facilities and wall post says this "The Major will compensate you with 20% of all the goods completed. You will receive 3 XP for each product type that you work on." I think there is a misspelling in there. Shouldn't that say Mayor not Major? Here is a screen cap.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...0Town/ftf5.jpg

anotherfarmer Mar 27 2010 04:43 AM

i just want to say THANK-YOU love all the new items, with vday, pattys and now easter, its been great :D ALWAYS people complaining cant please them all, some are not happy unless they are complaining but knowing it is a FREE game which gives us hours of fun, meeting people and more, cant complain with that so thank you again.... now back to playing ..........lol

essexboy Mar 27 2010 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 3328610)
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which contains:

1. 5 new crops (muchrooms, bell pepper, sweet potato, artichoke, soybeans)

2. Bamboo tree

3. Easter Items

4. The "Produce Faster" button located on the "What's cooking" tab on each facility is already working, so your friends can help your facility to produce faster. This is how it works:

- You click on the "Produce Faster" button and post a request to your friends wall asking for help

- When a friend click on the post link or image and goes to your farm to work on your facilities, they can complete up to 20% of the production you have pending on all the facilities

- You also get +3 XP for each product type they work on

- The Major compensates your friend with some goods as well (those are taken from the Major reserve, they are not deducted from your prodution)

- Your friend also receive 3XP for each product type they work on

- Once a friend navigates to your farm using the link/image on the post, they can work on any facility you have on any of your farms.

- Once a friend work in your farm, he/she can not work again until next day.

New cool facilities almost ready!

Thanks,

--Raul

cheers for the new crops and the many easter items to choose from.
wow I cant wait to see the new facilites.......tell me more.....hehe.:D

lynxkay Mar 27 2010 05:08 AM

Hi,
Since you updated i have lost my crops i know they are there but i cant see them please help!!!!

Toy Mar 27 2010 06:40 AM

Fabulous new updates! I'm one happy farmer! :D

Farmer Edward Mar 27 2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janisko (Post 3328626)
Thank you, Raul.... The new additions of the last and this upgrade are fantastic.

Glitch in the PRODUCE FASTER window. Once you select people to send the request to you can't save the list or click on PUBLISH! Save is stuck inside the other window and publish is behind the window. I can't send this request to over 160 people! HELP!!!

I click on produce faster, the request comes up to post to wall, but it won't let me publish.

LoreneC Mar 27 2010 09:25 AM

I was able to publish and one of my friends made 2800 coins for one click! I hope this gets worked out for other people as it is very easy.

janisko Mar 27 2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer Edward (Post 3329522)
I click on produce faster, the request comes up to post to wall, but it won't let me publish.

I had the same problem this morning. I had to click on PRODUCE FASTER about six times before the publish button would work.

But.. To the developers. We have the option to send this request to a specified list of people. I cannot send it to all 160 of my friends. They'd kill me. When I choose the specific list and put in the names the SAVE button is below where I can get to it and the PUBLISH button is behind this window. As a result I cannot post this on my wall or my neighbors walls. It would be great if we had the option of sending it to FT neighbors only instead of either everyone or having to type each name.

Is anyone else having this problem?

LoreneC Mar 27 2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

But.. To the developers. We have the option to send this request to a specified list of people. I cannot send it to all 160 of my friends. They'd kill me
Your friends who don't want to see this can click to hide the application. That is what I did with FarmVille so their posts do not show up on my wall. This can be done with any game application. If you are worried, there is a message place when you publish where you can explain this to them.:)

janisko Mar 27 2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreneC (Post 3329582)
Your friends who don't want to see this can click to hide the application. That is what I did with FarmVille so their posts do not show up on my wall. This can be done with any game application. If you are worried, there is a message place when you publish where you can explain this to them.:)

I understand that but people who don't play games get irritated and I don't want to knowingly irritate well over 150 people, some of who aren't friends but business associates! The option is there to send it to the people we're neighbors with. I just hope they fix it so I can use it.

prettyponies Mar 27 2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janisko (Post 3329574)
It would be great if we had the option of sending it to FT neighbors only instead of either everyone or having to type each name.

I second that! Just want to send it to my FT friends. Please!

SunnyD Mar 27 2010 09:55 AM

Way cool with the new updates.... Only problem I have is that since Yesterday It takes literally hours for me to load FT. seems with all the new working additions like the plants It has made Farm Town huge... And too much for a dial up connection.. I only play Farm Town because of this happening with other applications. I am on my fifth time Clearing Cache rebooting and attempting to load it is almost 11am and have been doing this 9 am... Think I am finally booted out of Farm Town for good...... waaaaaaa... Yes I went to the loading trouble main thread and did what it said I have had to do that delete that particular folder a few times since playing this game... Generally with updates I have to do that. Yes my Flash is the latest, I removed flash yesterday and did a reinstall.... any new ideas would be appreciated.. I have 84 MB HD , available 512 MB Ram.so it is not that... I have a Pentium 4 processor. 2.79 ghz . I design web sites for a living. And have no troubles uploading.... so I have a well performing PC....

saddletramp69 Mar 27 2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyHallow (Post 3329650)
Way cool with the new updates.... Only problem I have is that since Yesterday It takes literally hours for me to load FT. seems with all the new working additions like the plants It has made Farm Town huge... And too much for a dial up connection.. I only play Farm Town because of this happening with other applications. I am on my fifth time Clearing Cache rebooting and attempting to load it is almost 11am and have been doing this 9 am... Think I am finally booted out of Farm Town for good...... waaaaaaa... Yes I went to the loading trouble main thread and did what it said I have had to do that delete that particular folder a few times since playing this game... Generally with updates I have to do that. Yes my Flash is the latest, I removed flash yesterday and did a reinstall.... any new ideas would be appreciated.. I have 84 MB HD , available 512 MB Ram.so it is not that... I have a Pentium 4 processor. 2.79 ghz . I design web sites for a living. And have no troubles uploading.... so I have a well performing PC....

uh darlin, think it could be your dial up connection???

saddletramp69 Mar 27 2010 10:42 AM

Raul, the soybeans should of been a 3 day crop and soybeans have to be sprayed with Roundup to kill them so they can be harvested be for it freezes.. Just some fyi from a real life farmer....

Charo Mar 27 2010 10:53 AM

Thank you for the new crops! Can't wait to see what they look like! I don't really care if the new stuff makes less coins than what we already have, it's nice to have some more variety! I'm also looking forward to more facilities to make greater use of the crops and trees.

lulu836 Mar 27 2010 11:03 AM

I clicked on the button to make the facilities run faster and got quite a surprise. My only option was to publish to my wall. I can never use this option because I have many friends who do not and do not want to play FT. Besides I would seem to be a total idiot by posting this on my wall.

We need to have the option for specific neighbors as we do in gifting. If left as is I don't think many people are going to use it.

I know this is a ploy to get everybody's friends to sign up for FT because if they don't sign up for FT then they cannot help. This effort to get more people to sign up for FT is not very subtle. Sort of like using a hammer to kill an ant. Rethink this guys.............make it so that we can pick out our FT friends and leave the rest alone.

Thank you for your patience.

earlgray Mar 27 2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janisko (Post 3329602)
I understand that but people who don't play games get irritated and I don't want to knowingly irritate well over 150 people, some of who aren't friends but business associates! The option is there to send it to the people we're neighbors with. I just hope they fix it so I can use it.

First of all, thank you very much for the new crops and bamboo trees - love them! Still waiting for lilacs, though (please?).

Regarding the issue of posting requests to our Facebook pages, I completely agree with those who are not willing to do that. I started playing Farmville just recently (mostly just to see what it's like, nowhere near as good as FT) and I HATE it that more than half of my news feed now is posts about FV, I'm about ready to hide that app myself. And I always say no when it asks if I want to post something. Out of all my FB friends the farmers are a small group, and I don't want to clutter up my other friends' pages with farming requests. So PLEASE don't start shifting things in that direction.

SueHacker Mar 27 2010 11:16 AM

I second that! Just want to send it to my FT friends. Please!

I also agree and even better would be to be able to just help with the facilites when you visit your neighbors farms, which I do everyday. I am standing right there watering or raking and I cannot help with the processing. Instead I must try to track down their facebook page and look for a help request?

SunnyD Mar 27 2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddletramp69 (Post 3329662)
uh darlin, think it could be your dial up connection???

yup I believe it is no longer available for some Dial up users that is why I said this hon....(It takes literally hours for me to load FT. seems with all the new working additions like the plants It has made Farm Town huge... And too much for a dial up connection..) afraid FT is gone gone for some of us on dial up.. I have a really big great dial up server it is not one of the mom and pop types... so I do believe that with the new additions Farm Town is gone bye bye; for me any ways... probably not all dial up users......

mblant01 Mar 27 2010 11:36 AM

I am still not able to publish my request to "produce faster". I get the box to post, but when I click publish nothing happens. I hope there is a fix coming for this?

toonsarah Mar 27 2010 11:36 AM

I agree with those who have said they don't want FT stuff posted on their wall. I play FT for fun, as do a few of my FB friends, but other FB friends are business associates and I don't think it looks very professional for me to be urgin them to help on my farm when we have a working relationship. Please reconsider and find a way that just our FT friends can help, maybe when they come to our farm to rake, water flowers etc or by some "private invitation" system. Until you can do something like that I will have to rely on my own energies to process things ;-)

But I'm not complaining - I love the new update and am pleased to have some new crops to try out. Thanks for giving us something new at 1 and 2 days as that's what I like to plant most often!

By the way, any chance of a third farm? Please??? I want to get some of the new facilities but I love my two farms and don't want to have to dismantle what I've created so carefully.

Mathew123 Mar 27 2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS0643 (Post 3328730)
Thank you for the new stuff I can't wait to plant the new crops. I also like the Easter stuff and can't with to decorate my farm with them. I can't wait to see what new facilities you have in store for us. I hope we get new flowers soon we have not had new flowers since July of last year. In your next release of crops how about a crop worth more then pineapples it has been the top dog long enough something needs to out do it.

Wheat is already outdoing the Pineapples since you get 600 coins by using the Wheat Mill to make flour.

Plus, you only have to pay 80 coins for each square of wheat rather than 300 coins each square for pineapples.:)

lulu836 Mar 27 2010 11:42 AM

I forgot to thank the devs for their constant help and for giving us new things to play with. However, to be technically correct there is no such thing as a stand-alone bamboo tree. In my real life backyard I have been trying for many years to kill a stand of bamboo. It reproduces like a herd of rabbits. So if we are to have a "bamboo tree" it needs to be planted in a pot and not in the ground as if it were a productive attractive tree.

jmdoda4438@comcast.net Mar 27 2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu836 (Post 3329870)
I forgot to thank the devs for their constant help and for giving us new things to play with. However, to be technically correct there is no such thing as a stand-alone bamboo tree. In my real life backyard I have been trying for many years to kill a stand of bamboo. It reproduces like a herd of rabbits. So if we are to have a "bamboo tree" it needs to be planted in a pot and not in the ground as if it were a productive attractive tree.

I know what you mean about bamboo, so I "potted" mine and it works good may even be able to use crates, as I used the shamrock hats and i love it!!

SunnyD Mar 27 2010 12:01 PM

Yay my ISP has an Accelerator for my dial up connection...Downloading that now... That will be so helpful... I have been to the gift page and there are no new gifts.... Is that due to my FT server not having posted them yet? Just curious......If there will be some.. I do see in the store that most of the Easter stuff can be requested that is way cool..... FT is the best.....

Aunt Heidi Mar 27 2010 12:02 PM

When we logged on to WF-40 this morning, my farmer friend found crops growing on her fields that she did not plant. My two farms are as I planted them.

Thanks for the new crops.

I'd really like the "Hire workers for production facilities" process to allow us to choose whether the request goes to Farm Town friends, or the Facebook world at large.