Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions About Cargo Ships (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626306)

StoneFace Dec 12 2016 07:25 AM

Discussions About Cargo Ships

It is a great move by the devs to bring the Cargo enhancement to the players for coin, and not for a ton of Farm Cash....

I think the cost will be much more than the $3-5 million coin for some of the facilities at each release.......... but..... no where near the $15-20 Billion coin required for the larger expansions of the farms.

so.... to bide the time till our ships come in.... (which I think, IMHO, will be in the next 24 hours).... what do you think will be the coin requirment for the ships or other items that might be available in the initial startup of this new addition to the game?

My guess... about $10 million for "minor" enhancements.... and maybe $20 million for ships.

We will know for sure soon.... soon.... soon:rolleyes:

marymarcel Dec 12 2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 6118266)
It is a great move by the devs to bring the Cargo enhancement to the players for coin, and not for a ton of Farm Cash....

I think the cost will be much more than the $3-5 million coin for some of the facilities at each release.......... but..... no where near the $15-20 Billion coin required for the larger expansions of the farms.

so.... to bide the time till our ships come in.... (which I think, IMHO, will be in the next 24 hours).... what do you think will be the coin requirment for the ships or other items that might be available in the initial startup of this new addition to the game?

My guess... about $10 million for "minor" enhancements.... and maybe $20 million for ships.

We will know for sure soon.... soon.... soon:rolleyes:

Hi Stone Face:)

I moved your post to General Feedback forum so you will all be free to post your thoughts about ships.

ftjill Dec 12 2016 09:45 AM

hmmmm...well...maybe 8 million for the first ship. Each additional ship will cost more than the one before. Each container will cost about the same as a train car.

I hope there will be a container that carries arabic gum. And one for animal products like cow milk and hen eggs.

I think Thursday for the ships.

summerlad Dec 22 2016 07:21 PM

are the ships operational yet? I don't find a tool for them...not sure how that's going to develop....will it just appear? thanks

Taz D Dec 22 2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerlad (Post 6120302)
are the ships operational yet? I don't find a tool for them...not sure how that's going to develop....will it just appear? thanks

Hi summerlad,
No the ships are not operational yet. You will find all the current information about them in the latest release thread in the News and Announcements section.

sizzlinsssandi Dec 23 2016 12:41 AM

If we want to only send certain containers on each ship are we allowed to do that, or does it require all the containers in order to send it out?

LazyMare Dec 23 2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi (Post 6120414)
If we want to only send certain containers on each ship are we allowed to do that, or does it require all the containers in order to send it out?

Hi Sandi

From the New Release http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626130

"" - You have a maximum of 24 hours to prepare as many containers as you can and then Dispatch the Ship. ""

So I would think that you can prepare as many as you want to or have time to.
You have to send it within 24 hours from starting to prepare it

ClaytinPA Dec 23 2016 06:31 AM

The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(

marymarcel Dec 23 2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytinPA (Post 6120506)
The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(

Hi ClaytinPA:)

You dont have to start all 10 containers. You can choose the ones you need more products and just start them. If you only want to start one container, then you will be ready to dispatch your ship.:)

skinni Dec 23 2016 08:41 AM

So about the ships. Can I buy 2 different color ships and get them both ready and then just launch 1 each day or do I have to wait to prep them 1 a day. If i have to wait and only prep 1 a day what's the point in getting more than 1 ship.

Qivis Dec 23 2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytinPA (Post 6120506)

As has been pointed out, you do not have to get all the container cars ready before dispatching the ship. But you're right. It does give those of us on Social Security, disability, retired, or on vacation an advantage! :D

Taz D Dec 23 2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinni (Post 6120622)
So about the ships. Can I buy 2 different color ships and get them both ready and then just launch 1 each day or do I have to wait to prep them 1 a day. If i have to wait and only prep 1 a day what's the point in getting more than 1 ship.

Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 11:09 AM

Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...

LazyMare Dec 23 2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6120790)
Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...

Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point. :)

Ouiser Boudreux Dec 23 2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6120654)
Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.

So again, what is the point of having more than one ship? I must be missing something ???

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyMare (Post 6120822)
Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point. :)

So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...
:confused:

Tiger Dec 23 2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6120894)
So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...
:confused:

Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6120898)
Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.

But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.

Tiger Dec 23 2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6120902)
But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.

Hi NooNoo,

You can post your worries in the New Release thread and when Raul reads all the members posts in there, he may add to his post more information.

I can't help you with neighbours that are away on holiday, but the Ships Logbook does show you the picture of the neighbour your ship is at. If you go to the Neighbours tab at the top of your game screen and perhaps set it to "Activity" you should be able to find your friend there and if you click on their name it will take you to their FB profile so you could send a message that way if the ships been stuck at their port for many hours.

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 02:27 PM

And if the neighbour doesn't do ships so is never going to look in the ship tool?

This is the feedback forum. I am giving Feedback. Perhaps Raul can read the feedback thread???

R and S Farms Dec 23 2016 02:28 PM

Question about the loading of neighbors ships. Does the person loading these neighbors ships get anything from loading them? tyvm

Tiger Dec 23 2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R and S Farms (Post 6120978)
Question about the loading of neighbors ships. Does the person loading these neighbors ships get anything from loading them? tyvm

Hi R and S Farms,

It hasn't been mentioned in the notes about the ships. It might be worth you asking this in the new release thread where the developers will see it and then they might add to their notes if they do.

storm36 Dec 23 2016 05:05 PM

can we have more than 1 ship on the same farm like trains, like 1 of each color or do they each need to be on their own farm?

marymarcel Dec 23 2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storm36 (Post 6121126)
can we have more than 1 ship on the same farm like trains, like 1 of each color or do they each need to be on their own farm?

Hi storm36:)

Yes, you can have all 7 cargo ships on the same farm if you want :)

BethFB Dec 23 2016 05:20 PM

I wish they had a start all button to start all containers being loaded in twelve hours and we had another twelve hours to dispatch it. It would be so much easier for those who work during the day and not being able to be on a desktop to load each container every hour.
I love the idea of the ships.

Beth

BethFB Dec 23 2016 05:30 PM

Also, do we have to get each one of the ships or can we like hit up the other colors and not care about the other colored ships?

Tiger Dec 23 2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 6121166)
Also, do we have to get each one of the ships or can we like hit up the other colors and not care about the other colored ships?

Hi BethFB,

As long as you meet the requirements for level and neighbours i think you can buy any ship you want. You certainly don't have to start with the blue one if you have a faster loading one as i have loaded the yellow one first and it's working fine here.

BethFB Dec 23 2016 06:45 PM

Okay, thank you, Tiger.

notaparagod Dec 23 2016 07:12 PM

I think we are going to get a lot of product for not a lot of coins or effort. It only takes a few seconds to log in and click a new container. I won't get much on days that I work, but on days off, I can certainly take a few seconds when I need to. There seems to be a lot of complaining for something that will only benefit us.

Taz D Dec 23 2016 07:36 PM

I am going to temporarily close this thread until the cargo ships rules and any bugs are worked out. If you have questions please post in the Official Cargo Ship thread in Help & Support or in the new release, so that we have all those in only those two places to make it easier for the moderators and developers to see.

den5092001 Dec 25 2016 08:41 AM

cargo ships

I have two ships sitting at first port. This player does not seem to play anymore. so my ships will return in seven days with nothing because of this. That's not good. Thanks for your time

Soxie Dec 28 2016 03:30 PM

Cargo ships are a joke

I think some Einstein at Slashkey needs to rethink how these cargo ships are done. It's been 2 days, my ship has been docked at neighbor #2 for 1 1/2 days AND NOT GETTING LOADED!!! So what happens in 4 days when my ship can't go to any other ports? I get NOTHING because of ONE STUPID NEIGHBOR!!! I have trouble finding neighbors for this game as it is, the ones I DO have clearly aren't daily players so I do what I can to do these new tools or whatever and I have to rely on neighbors whether I get goods or not? It's hard enough trying to complete any co-op quests having to wait on neighbors!!

Qivis Dec 28 2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soxie (Post 6124574)
I think some Einstein at Slashkey needs to rethink how these cargo ships are done. It's been 2 days, my ship has been docked at neighbor #2 for 1 1/2 days AND NOT GETTING LOADED!!! So what happens in 4 days when my ship can't go to any other ports? I get NOTHING because of ONE STUPID NEIGHBOR!!! I have trouble finding neighbors for this game as it is, the ones I DO have clearly aren't daily players so I do what I can to do these new tools or whatever and I have to rely on neighbors whether I get goods or not? It's hard enough trying to complete any co-op quests having to wait on neighbors!!

Please read the first page of the forum regarding the update for December 1, 2016. At the end of the notice from Raul announcing the update he also gives very clear statements that changes have been in the works to how the cargo ships work. And before you consider what he has written too complex, remember that it is a work in progress and other methods of delivering the goodies are being considered.

Taz D Dec 30 2016 08:51 AM

I have reopened this thread now that the changes have been made to the Cargo Ships. If you just want to discuss the cargo ships pro or con please do so here.

If you have a question or problem with your ships please post in Hel & Support Cargo Ships thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490

If you have a suggestion about the cargo ships please post it in the Suggestions section:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066

ButchBowWow Dec 30 2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soxie (Post 6124574)

You do realize this is a game, right? You're getting all stressed out over a game. One of my ships has been stuck in the very first port for 5.6 days, it's no big deal. Patience, the devs will get it sorted and make it more functional for us.

I've been playing this game for 7 years and trust me when I say the devs here are the best. They have spoiled us rotten and there are no other games out there that treat their players as well as these men and women do here.

Dulcinea Dec 30 2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButchBowWow (Post 6125630)
You do realize this is a game, right? You're getting all stressed out over a game. One of my ships has been stuck in the very first port for 5.6 days, it's no big deal. Patience, the devs will get it sorted and make it more functional for us.

Hey, if it's not worth getting frustrated over, it's not worth playing. And for that first week, the cargo ships were frustrating indeed. So far the changes are working beautifully for me. :)

trina531 Dec 30 2016 07:11 PM

Well I decided to try a ship just to see what it was all about and try to understand what everyone was in a dither about. :confused: First it is a farmer's choice to do them and I think they should realize that there may be choppy seas before there is smooth sailing. I do appreciate the ability to skip ports and look forward to seeing if the other fixes you are working on will help. :)I have a couple of SUGGESTIONS to help.:rolleyes: I do the trains and love the option when I can choose who I send my trains too. I usually choose people who have helped me. I also love the farm stats option so I do not have to go to each farm to check on my crops. Is there a way to incorporate the ships into these options? If this is post is not in the correct place feel free to move it. People need to calm down until the choppy seas settles. Thank you for always trying new things to keep the game interesting. Will I continue with the ships...who knows... will probably see how the fixes go and then make a decision if they sail or go into dry dock. My choice..will I support those who do them.... OH YES....one of the reasons I have stayed with this game is for the friendships and support I get when I need help.:D

Taz D Dec 30 2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trina531 (Post 6126006)
Well I decided to try a ship just to see what it was all about and try to understand what everyone was in a dither about. :confused: First it is a farmer's choice to do them and I think they should realize that there may be choppy seas before there is smooth sailing. I do appreciate the ability to skip ports and look forward to seeing if the other fixes you are working on will help. :)I have a couple of SUGGESTIONS to help.:rolleyes: I do the trains and love the option when I can choose who I send my trains too. I usually choose people who have helped me. I also love the farm stats option so I do not have to go to each farm to check on my crops. Is there a way to incorporate the ships into these options? If this is post is not in the correct place feel free to move it. People need to calm down until the choppy seas settles. Thank you for always trying new things to keep the game interesting. Will I continue with the ships...who knows... will probably see how the fixes go and then make a decision if they sail or go into dry dock. My choice..will I support those who do them.... OH YES....one of the reasons I have stayed with this game is for the friendships and support I get when I need help.:D

Hi Trina,
Please put your suggestions in the Suggestions section and not in the feedback section. You can't start a new thread in that, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestions.

RozeeS Dec 31 2016 04:53 AM

The biggest issue with ships is visiting Ports of farm town neighbours who no longer play.

All of this could have been avoided if Farm Town had adopted the same system as other games on Face Book. When someone removes you as a friend on FB it also removes them and you from the games you play. This has always been an annoyance with me on FT because it didn't. And not until recently could we remove a neighbour from their list. I do not feel at all neighbourly when I have to load a ship of someone who has removed me from Face Book but has kept me as a FT neighbour when I have removed them from FT! Yes I know I don't have to load it but what is there to do when it is just sitting there!

I also have a few neighbours and FB friends who no longer play or play very occasionally. Some are elderly and it means I will have to remove those people from FT and also loose some storage space. Then to find new people to play this game in order to have my ship visit farms of people playing regularly.

I like the idea of the ships but this has not really been thought out very well. It seems you have included lots of people on my ship list that no longer play and have not for some time, in some cases years, while others that do play on occasions are not on the "port" list.

Has this been done in some mistaken thought that those who haven't played in a while/years will suddenly come back and play. Well that is my thoughts on it and misguided in my opinion.

I have kept people who no longer play on my list for storage purposes but it seems now I am going to have to remove people from the FT game and find new ones. At the expense of maybe upsetting a few, if and when they come back!

Yes we can move our ships on with a count limit, but we loose the goods for that farm and the count getting bigger. Defeats the object of the exercise doesn't it!

widow lyn Dec 31 2016 10:06 AM

I guess I am one of the lucky ones as my 1st ship made the rounds with very few problems, the longest wait I had at a port was 3 days but once that farmer came back from vacation and loaded it, it was smooth sailing through the remaining ports. I do like the idea of choosing your own ports of call.