Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Fishing and Bait (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634254)

Taz D Oct 12 2011 11:25 PM

Fishing and Bait

This thread is for help with problems with Fishing.
Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you.

Before posting a general question please check the Game Guide :
Chapter 19 - Fishing
Fishing Boats

Common problems....

Stubborn fish when using the single fishing pole.
The less fish in the water, the harder it gets. Click on the yellow rectangle in the farm selector to reload the farm you are on. It will reload the farm and spread the fish back out again making them easier to catch.
If you are hired to fish you will not lose the hire by doing this.
You will not be able to catch very single fish in overlapped waters or catch fish in waters placed of the edges of a farm with the fishing rod.

Overlapped waters and waters placed off the edges of a farm:
How a farmer designs their farms and the waters on them is entirely up to them.
To able to catch every single fish in overlapped waters or waters off the edges of a farm you will need to own the Turbo boat. Without a turbo boat you will find that you won't be able to catch every single fish in overlapped waters on the farm and you won't be able to fish the waters that are placed off the edges of a farm as those can ONLY be fished with a Turbo boat.
Hired workers can use the farm owners turbo boat as long as the boat they have allowed the use of their Tools in the hire. You will also need Fuel.

Storing bait.
When you store bait from your gift box, use "Store Ingredients" to store them to waters.

Gifted bait, bait from your fish farming plant and any bonuses you get from posting your own bait bonus gets stored with waters.
The exception to this rule is any bait you send to a friend when you click on their bonus post, your share goes to storage, which you can use to stock the Fishing Tackle shop if you own one or just sell at market.

Losing bait.
If you own the Fishing Tackle shop, you could be loading a lot of it into there for sale. Either do not load the bait into there, or if you have the load tool for that facility, go to the facility, open it and remove the checks from the boxes for freshwater and seawater bait.

All of topic posts will be deleted without warning. This thread is for help and support only. All feedback/suggestions need to be made in the feedback and suggestions area :)

Cortsgram Jan 23 2021 06:20 PM

Fishing Bait

I am trying to find out about bait for fishing. We are not able to accept gifts right now to exchange for bait and cannot work facility for bait. When I fish, I am using my bait and it is almost gone. Is it possible to fix it where bait is not used until gifts and facilities are working again?

Taz D Jan 23 2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortsgram (Post 6420762)
I am trying to find out about bait for fishing. We are not able to accept gifts right now to exchange for bait and cannot work facility for bait. When I fish, I am using my bait and it is almost gone. Is it possible to fix it where bait is not used until gifts and facilities are working again?

Hi Cortsgram,
I moved your post to the subject thread about Fishing and Bait.
There isn't any way to get more bait currently. Unfortunately we are all in the same boat, so to speak. If they turned off the bait then you will only get 1 fish instead of the 2 fish you get with bait right now at least until you run out. It would not work for turning it off.

Chet Evors Jan 26 2021 01:52 AM

To whom ever get's this let me know what is going on please. Instead of getting better it is preventing from doing what I was able do.1336382078 Suddenly when harvesting, my buildings and facilities are showing up.
Fishing, have the purple boat but plenty of bait and those buildings and facilities are show while doing both harvesting and fishing.
I can still harvest but can't fish at all.
have 1000000 of bait and show fish in the water but won't let catch me!~!
Was fine tell yesterday afternoon, fishing is not at all.
Sorry to complain but everything was working pretty good tell a day or two ago!

marymarcel Jan 26 2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Evors (Post 6421870)
To whom ever get's this let me know what is going on please. Instead of getting better it is preventing from doing what I was able do.1336382078 Suddenly when harvesting, my buildings and facilities are showing up.
Fishing, have the purple boat but plenty of bait and those buildings and facilities are show while doing both harvesting and fishing.
I can still harvest but can't fish at all.
have 1000000 of bait and show fish in the water but won't let catch me!~!
Was fine tell yesterday afternoon, fishing is not at all.
Sorry to complain but everything was working pretty good tell a day or two ago!

Hi Chet Evors :)

When you click in your purple boat you will see an eye in the botton right sice of your farms.
It it is fully open, then click in it to get it show as half open. That will hide all other items on the farm not matching with the tool you have in your hands.

Lessonlady Jan 28 2021 04:54 PM

I had a couple billion Freshwater bait in storage that i had been amassing. When everything started to work this week, it was there, then it was gone!! It has been gone for over 36 hours so I am worried it won't be back! I have started buying more but since I use over a million a day, I can barely keep up with it! Will I get my old storage back?

Taz D Jan 28 2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessonlady (Post 6423502)
I had a couple billion Freshwater bait in storage that i had been amassing. When everything started to work this week, it was there, then it was gone!! It has been gone for over 36 hours so I am worried it won't be back! I have started buying more but since I use over a million a day, I can barely keep up with it! Will I get my old storage back?

Hi Lessonlady,
It would not be possible to have that much bait that we know. The maximum for any item is 200 million. However if it is gone then no there isn't any way to get it back.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

That will not bring anything back that is lost, but may keep them from disappearing again.

I just checked and your storage is at 98%. I would not be surprised if you were missing more items. You need to go through the storage to the market to sell off some excess you have like your non-ingredients and part of any thing you have very high amounts of.

Precious In His Sight Feb 05 2021 11:12 PM

Fishing

This just started happening today. When fishing, it no longer shows pictures of fish caught or number of fish left to catch.

Taz D Feb 05 2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precious In His Sight (Post 6426502)
This just started happening today. When fishing, it no longer shows pictures of fish caught or number of fish left to catch.

Hi Precious in His Sight,
The developers removed the Coin and XP animations and the Show Feedback when Farming because they were causing major problems for those who were harvesting heavily layered waters and farms.

It should still show how many fish left to be caught if you move the mouse/boat over the water.

tharcicia Feb 06 2021 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6426506)
Hi Precious in His Sight,
The developers removed the Coin and XP animations and the Show Feedback when Farming because they were causing major problems for those who were harvesting heavily layered waters and farms.

It should still show how many fish left to be caught if you move the mouse/boat over the water.

I am sorry Taz this sounds pretty ridiculous to me. We have to suffer for those who do layering. I can remember that years back layering was not allowed.