Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Farm Contests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Contest Help (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616842)

marymarcel Oct 30 2013 07:03 AM

Contest Help

This thread is for asking for assistance concerning anything to do with the farm contests.

Before asking for help please ensure that you have read all the first posts in the following threads:

If you have read those posts and have followed all the directions included within them but are still having problems, please post here.

Please do not post in this thread unless you have a question about the contest or need help with the contest.

While we appreciate all feedback and suggestions, please do not share your thoughts or ideas here in this thread, instead please post in Feedback on Contests

Any post that is not a question or a request for help will be removed by one of the moderators.

wrsearlessr@att.net Sep 16 2015 12:46 PM

Am I reading this right? You can only use things in the store and/or gifts that are now being shown. You cannot, say for instance, use a mom with child from Mother's Day or butterflies from I believe Easter or any people that were sold in the store for holidays or decorations also? Thank you for answering this question for me.

marymarcel Sep 16 2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrsearlessr@att.net (Post 5998938)
Am I reading this right? You can only use things in the store and/or gifts that are now being shown. You cannot, say for instance, use a mom with child from Mother's Day or butterflies from I believe Easter or any people that were sold in the store for holidays or decorations also? Thank you for answering this question for me.

Hi wrsearlessr:)

I moved your post to the Contest Help thread

There are no restrictions for this month competition, so you can use any items your want.:)

Rhonda5 Sep 18 2015 03:28 PM

how do I get to the page where it shows how to make waterfalls ,buildings ,boxes etc?

marymarcel Sep 18 2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonda5 (Post 5999550)
how do I get to the page where it shows how to make waterfalls ,buildings ,boxes etc?

Hi Rhonda:)

I moved your post to the Contest Help thread.

I'm sorry but the moderator who was handled those forums couldn't continue supporting them any more.

sandee parlor Sep 21 2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T (Post 5996454)
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce the opening of the best farm Competitions :) Good luck to everyone :)

Please be sure to read the rules in the post above here :)

Hi Rob T I have entered the wrong Farm number in the competition 'Trains' it should be farm 27 not 26 is there some way I can change this error ???

marymarcel Sep 21 2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandee parlor (Post 6000202)
Hi Rob T I have entered the wrong Farm number in the competition 'Trains' it should be farm 27 not 26 is there some way I can change this error ???

Hi sandee parlor:)

I moved your post to the Contests Help thread.

I just fixed your farm number, thank you:)

sandee parlor Sep 21 2015 09:01 AM

thank you very much

marymarcel Sep 21 2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandee parlor (Post 6000286)
thank you very much

You are very welcome sandee:)

billypanther Sep 21 2015 01:50 PM

sorry - it does it again - the link goes to the wrong farm - this is my farm 1 - I guess the link should be ix=24 - why does it do this ? - thanks for changing it - can't find how to edit the post

marymarcel Sep 21 2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billypanther (Post 6000362)
sorry - it does it again - the link goes to the wrong farm - this is my farm 1 - I guess the link should be ix=24 - why does it do this ? - thanks for changing it - can't find how to edit the post

Hi billypanther:)

I have just fixed the link to your farm.

Your farms are linked to the forum, but when you post a farm into the contests, you need to provide the link to that specific farm. You have instructions on how to get it in the following thread

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616838

Thank you:)

ALRaum Sep 22 2015 02:56 PM

https://www.facebook.com/al.raum#

marymarcel Sep 22 2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALRaum (Post 6000538)

Hi ALRaum:)

This link goes to your facebook profile, but your farm photo is set only to Friends, not to Public.

I'm not your friend, so I can't see the photo and I cant fix it for the contest. Please set your photo to Public. Thank you!:)

fredam Oct 06 2015 08:40 PM

2 Farms

I have 2 farms on different accounts ( I'm so addicted ) but I would like to enter just one of my farms in the contest but when I log in it comes up with the wrong account and I can't change it to use the farm I want to ...Is there anything I can do please, Thank you .:)

Taz D Oct 06 2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredam (Post 6004538)
I have 2 farms on different accounts ( I'm so addicted ) but I would like to enter just one of my farms in the contest but when I log in it comes up with the wrong account and I can't change it to use the farm I want to ...Is there anything I can do please, Thank you .:)

Hi fredam,
I moved your post to the thread about contest help to better answer you. There isn't a contest open currently that you can enter. New contest will be open soon.
The way you do this is when you enter your picture then make and paste in a link to that specific farm. How to do that are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616838

Rivervale Oct 09 2015 01:55 PM

I posted my entry for the October contest, and mistakenly put my farm info and link in the title. I cannot edit it. :( Please help

marymarcel Oct 09 2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivervale (Post 6005202)
I posted my entry for the October contest, and mistakenly put my farm info and link in the title. I cannot edit it. :( Please help

Hi Rivervale:)

I sent you a private message.

Rivervale Oct 09 2015 03:18 PM

How do I make my Farmtown Album public? I see no option, other than clicking on each photo, one at a time, and changing the audience.

marymarcel Oct 09 2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivervale (Post 6005226)
How do I make my Farmtown Album public? I see no option, other than clicking on each photo, one at a time, and changing the audience.

Hi Rivervale:)

Yes, it seems that is the only way. If you can set to Public some photos please? :)

trina531 Oct 09 2015 08:00 PM

I would like to share how I make sure I have posted my farm correctly before I submit it.
Below your post you will see 2 options.
."Post a quick reply"
"Go to Advance"

I click on "Go to Advance" Once I am there there are two options:
"Submit Reply"
"Preview Post"
Click on the "Preview Post"
If my farm picture is there I know I am ready to post my farm. If not I go back and correct my errors.
I hope this helps.
Happy Farming

EZ Duzzit Oct 13 2015 06:17 AM

I am seeking clarification of the rues for the Halloween competition, please. I understand that Halloween items must be used in a "picture farm" type of design, but does the entire design have to be made from Halloween items -- or do some just have to be included in the design being entered?
Thank you very much.

marymarcel Oct 13 2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZ Duzzit (Post 6006042)
I am seeking clarification of the rues for the Halloween competition, please. I understand that Halloween items must be used in a "picture farm" type of design, but does the entire design have to be made from Halloween items -- or do some just have to be included in the design being entered?
Thank you very much.

Hi EZ Duzzit:)

You can use any items you want, but some Halloween items must be included into your design. Perhaps you can do your design using other items, but some of the Halloween ones must be included into some of the designs or to complete the general view of your farm.:)

kheller2244 Oct 16 2015 08:33 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Trick-o-Trick in a Farmtown neighborhood!

marymarcel Oct 16 2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kheller2244 (Post 6006950)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Trick-o-Trick in a Farmtown neighborhood!

Hi khelle:)

You need to post your farm for the contest in the following thread

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617214

Please read the instructions given in that thread about how to post your pic. Thank you:)

Mischief1 Oct 22 2015 04:16 AM

I entered my farm for the Halloween comp but the picture isn't showing. #29. Ty.

marymarcel Oct 22 2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mischief1 (Post 6009066)
I entered my farm for the Halloween comp but the picture isn't showing. #29. Ty.

Hi Mischief1:)

Your photo is now fixed, please remember that photo must be set to Public in your Facebook profile till the winners have been announced.:)

liz4 Oct 22 2015 10:52 PM

which category?

how do you know which category you're in?
i've been playing since dec 2014 and am lvl 675.
but this is the 1st time i've tried anything like this.

so, am i a novice cuz this is the 1st time i've ever designed?
or am i advanced cuz i'm lvl 675?

thanx so much ;O

marymarcel Oct 23 2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz4 (Post 6009386)
how do you know which category you're in?
i've been playing since dec 2014 and am lvl 675.
but this is the 1st time i've tried anything like this.

so, am i a novice cuz this is the 1st time i've ever designed?
or am i advanced cuz i'm lvl 675?

thanx so much ;O

Hi liz4:)

First thing, welcome to the Forum and to the Contests:)

We do not add a farm to Novice or Advanced lists because of the farmer level or if this is the first time they enter the competition.

We decide the category based in some specific things, for example the design techniques the farmer use in their farms. :)

carolinablue Oct 23 2015 12:01 PM

Will you please help me link my farm, marymarcel? My name is Bebe R Wells and my farmer name is carolinablue. Thank you very much.

carolinablue Oct 23 2015 12:06 PM

marymarcel, it is farm 28 and is named Blue's Boo. Thank you again for your help.

marymarcel Oct 23 2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolinablue (Post 6009534)
marymarcel, it is farm 28 and is named Blue's Boo. Thank you again for your help.

Hi carolinablue:)

Your farm name and link was just added to your entry.:)

carolinablue Oct 23 2015 03:56 PM

Thank you so much marymarcel for all your help. I appreciate it very much.

marymarcel Oct 23 2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolinablue (Post 6009586)
Thank you so much marymarcel for all your help. I appreciate it very much.

You are very welcome carolinablue:)

sandee parlor Oct 29 2015 03:16 AM

hi guys can I re submit my farm I accidently took a photo with the avatar in the middle of my picture...thanks

marymarcel Oct 29 2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandee parlor (Post 6011006)
hi guys can I re submit my farm I accidently took a photo with the avatar in the middle of my picture...thanks

Hi Sandee:)

I moved your post to the thread for Help to be able to answer you.

After checking your photos on the forum and in your facebook profile, and visiting your farm, I have just added your photo where your avatar is not showing up.

Your post is # 48 in the Halloween Contest thread.:)

sewbee2 Oct 29 2015 04:48 PM

As usual, the photo does not appear. Please add this farm to your contest. Thanks so much for all your efforts, Marion Nickey aka sewbee2

marymarcel Oct 29 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewbee2 (Post 6011218)
As usual, the photo does not appear. Please add this farm to your contest. Thanks so much for all your efforts, Marion Nickey aka sewbee2

Hi sewbee2:)

I moved your post to the Contest help thread to be able to answer you.

Your farm photo was added to your post. It is post # 51 :)

scooter911 Oct 29 2015 07:35 PM

can I edit photo I entered.new at this and didn't post farm link

marymarcel Oct 29 2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter911 (Post 6011270)
can I edit photo I entered.new at this and didn't post farm link

Hi scooter:)

I have just added your farm link to your entry.

Please remember that your photo must be set to Public in your facebook profile or it could disappear from your post in the forum.

To set the photo to Public, please open your Farm town album, and click in your photo.
You will see the photo and on the right you will see your name and the date, besides the date you can see who are able to see that photo. Click there and set it to Public.

Thank you:)

sycamor Oct 30 2015 03:55 AM

FT competition

Hello, could you please check my entry into the FT H. competition. I think I did it right with the picture and farm link. http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...968&farm_ix=20
Thanks for any help/direction you can give!
sycamor
Tripper