Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 12th, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636522)

Raul Jun 12 2018 12:33 AM

New Release -- June 12th, 2018

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on July 9th, 10:00PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes. En Español AQUI

1. Farm 36: See prices below.

New Farm (12x12) --- 25000000000 or 50 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 14x14 - 25500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 16x16 - 26000000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 18x18 - 26500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 20x20 - 27000000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 22x22 - 27500000000 or 25 FarmCash

2. The Onion crop is now a 2 day crop instead of a 3 day crop.

3. 'Show Facility Info' across all farms: The 'Show Facility Info' button in the 'Show Names' screen will show you a summary of all your facilities by farm, grouped by type, ex: Factories Workable, Factories Non-Workable, Services and Animal Buildings.

4. Improvement to the process of becoming mutual neighbours: When you accept a neighbour request from a user, if that user is not your neighbour yet, you will be ask if you want to send a neighbour request back to that user, so you can become mutual neighbours.

5. More controls over your Super Neighbours work: You can now specify exactly which farming operations each of your super neighbours is allowed to do on your farms, ex: harvest trees/flowers/crops, plow, fish, chop and plant.

6. 'Disable Super Neighbours Farming' at the farm level: This option in the 'Farm Name' screen will allow you to mark the farms where you don't want your Super Neighbours doing any kind of farming work, for example, your design farms, or your quest farms.

7. Filtering and Sorting the Helpers section: There is a new row at the bottom of the game that will allow you to filter and sort all the actions from your helpers.

8. Other improvements released in the past 3 weeks:

a) Each color box in the legend of available work at the top left of the 'Show Work Info' screen is now clickable to filter by specific work type.

b) While working Super Neighbour farms, when you access the 'Show Work Info' screen, after you close that screen, the farm selector will be updated to show in blue the farms where there is still work available

9. Window Cleaning Services (FC): Provides Window Cleaning Services and can be stocked with products from the Window Cleaning Supplies Factory.

10. IT Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces IT Supplies.

Network Cable
Network Wall Plate
Computer Key Lock
Computer Case
Server Rack
Cable Management Panel
Network Patch Tool
Network Wire Tester

11. West American Restaurant (FC): Produces Western American Food.

Barbecued Oysters
Hangtown Fry
Dungeness Crab Tostada
Cobb Salad
Chimichangas
Fish Tacos
Cioppino
Butterscotch Budino

12. Data Center (Coins): Provides IT Hardware and Data Services and can be stocked with products from the IT Supplies Factory.

13. Taste of Portugal (FC): Provides Portugal Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Portuguese Restaurant.

14. Taste of Russia (FC): Provides Russia Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Russian Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Info - June 12th, 3:30PM

- BugFix: Some users are not able to perform certain type of work at Super Neighbour farms.
- BugFix: Can not close the Ingredient Planner or the Store Help screens.

Post-Release Info - June 12th, 10:10PM

- The 'Show Work Info' should be showing correct information now, it's now aware of the kind of work you are allowed to do on your Super Neighbour farms. If you are only allowed to fish and chop, then when you open the Show Work Info only fish and chop work will be shown. When you close the Show Work Info screen, the farm selector will highlight in blue only farms with fish and chop work available.

Also, if you start playing with the legend buttons at the top-left, for example if you click the blue 'F' button, then only fish work will be shown, in this case, if you close the Show Work Info screen at that moment, the farm selector will be updated again to highlight only farms with fish work available, in other words, whatever your work selection in the Show Work Info screen was at the moment that you closed the screen, that selection will also be reflected on the farm selector. To show again All work available, click the pink All button.

- Removed the 'Show Facility Info' button from the NCC screen.

Post-Release Info - June 15th, 2:30PM

- We just released again all the changes and bug fixes from the 10:10PM release above, our developer was able to take care of the last issue remotely, and this time all harvesters are showing up in your toolbox.

Post-Release Info - June 16th, 3:20AM

- Released 5 facilities.

Post-Release Info - June 18th, 10:15PM

- In the 'Show Facility Info' screen, we are now showing the farm name when you mouse over the buttons.
- In the 'Show Facility Info' screen, we are now showing the total amount of facilities when you mouse over the legend categories at the top left of the screen.
- BugFix: Some of the 'Show Facility Info' numbers were not correct due to the inclusion of trains and ships.
- BugFix: When hired for only trees or flowers the tool that was auto-selected to perform the work was the small harvester.

Post-Release Info - June 19th, 4:10PM

- BugFix: Issues with the Semi-Trailer truck in the Facility Manager.
- BugFix: Super Neighbours planting permission was reset unexpectedly.

Post-Release Info - June 20th, 2:30AM

- Released Farm 36.
- BugFix: Some tools were not auto-selected correctly when hired. Please report on this thread if there is any tool that is still not auto-selected correctly for you.

Post-Release Info - June 20th, 6:45PM

- We have reverted the auto-selection feature to the way it was before the release, so the ordering of the tools should go back to normal, and the delays when switching tools should go back to normal as well.

Post-Release Info - June 25th, 6:50PM

- Released the West American Restaurant.

Post-Release Info - July 2nd, 6:45PM

a) The Transplanter tools now have a new "Duplicate Pattern" option that duplicates any flowers and trees pattern you have in your farm. On the first click in the farm it will select the pattern and each click after that will buy from the store all the required trees and flowers and will plant them in your farm. This option does not duplicate trees or flowers that are available via gifts only.

b) Filter Seeds and Trees by Harvest Time in the Store

c) Sort Trees by Category in the Store: Loggable Trees, Harvestable Trees, Loggable Bushes, Harvestable Bushes, Decorative Trees, Decorative Bushes

d) You can now earn XP for fishing as part of the Job Completion Bonus, same as with flowers and trees

e) When a Super Neighbour is hired for design, you can now use your own Excavator tool if the 'Allow Selling and Buying' option is enabled for you, this will allow big sections of the farm to be cleared up quickly by the designer

f) When you are trying to navigate to another farm while the Farm Selector is expanded, the status messages from your workers will be ignored, this will allow you to change farms easily

g) When the game notifies you about a Ship Container being done, once you click the green tick the Ship Manager for that ship will be opened so you can prepare the next container

h) When you check the 'Disable Super Neighbour Farming' option in the Farm Name screen, your Super Neighbours will still be able to visit your farm but they will not be able to work on it

i) When sending a hire request, the avatar name label background color for the player you are trying to hire will change to Orange. If the player reject the request or if the request expires after 30 seconds, the color will change to Yellow, this will provide a hint to avoid sending several hire request to the same players.

j) When using the 'Show Work Info' screen when hiring others at the market, the legend buttons at the top right will now consider the work types your are trying to hire for, for example, if you didn't select fish as a work type, if you click the blue F button in the legend, no farm will be colored. Also, clicking the buttons in the legend will not alter the statuses of the farm checkboxes.

Post-Release Info - July 3rd, 4:30PM

- BugFix: The transplanter tool was ignoring some of the flowers when duplicating pattern, the only flower that the tool can not duplicate is the Glads, which is the only one not available in the store.
- BugFix: The marks for private and quest farms were lost for some users, they are now restored.
- BugFix: The Ship Container Ready notification was not working when players changed farms, from now on, if you start preparing a container and move to other farms, you will still see a notification when that container is done preparing.

Post-Release Info - July 9th, 10:00PM

- BugFix: Some hard core users with more than 2 Billion fuel may have lost their fuel.

Known Issues:

- None

RichmondGuy Jun 12 2018 12:35 AM

Lost SN tools

Since this release came out, I'm not able to fish ponds at SN farms. This just started a few minutes ago.

RichmondGuy Jun 12 2018 12:43 AM

Looks like all options except crops have been deselected for SNs during this upgrade.

Grumpdad Jun 12 2018 12:49 AM

When this upgrade came out it stopped me being able to load containers in the ships, the ones not done displayed ready in 7 days, I have sent the ship out without the remaining ones.

JstMeQQ4Fun Jun 12 2018 12:50 AM

when doing ships only able to load first container

Kenn318 Jun 12 2018 12:55 AM

No Autoselect Tools

Autoselecting tools while working as a SN is not available. Plus only some tools are not available at all. For example, cannot harvest trees as there is no tool for this! This just happened this evening.:mad:

Grumpdad Jun 12 2018 01:01 AM

Onion is now showing as a 2 day crop, not 3? Onions are ready on my 3 day farms before the other crops.

chelonia Jun 12 2018 01:28 AM

Can't do my SN duties. Can only H/P/S. Is she going to have to reset all of her farms to let me do everything?

texans Jun 12 2018 01:49 AM

you have to have your super neighbor change it. There are more options

shirl312 Jun 12 2018 02:03 AM

I cant even use my own tools at sn farm, why not?

Qivis Jun 12 2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenn318 (Post 6245286)
Autoselecting tools while working as a SN is not available. Plus only some tools are not available at all. For example, cannot harvest trees as there is no tool for this! This just happened this evening.:mad:

This is only a guess since I am not a moderator, but it looks like part of the update that Raul has yet to describe will require (or allow?) your friends and other farmers to select what work they want Super Kenn to work before you will be able to do it. Only the harvesting and / or planting is left unchanged. I had logged into the account of a friend who have me her credentials before she quit farming and noticed the changes right away. I checked her settings for me as Super Qivis and noted that all but the harvesting and planting boxes and fuel selection were unchecked.

Update to my previous post: I checked my Supers and it would appear that anyone who is selected to plant for a neighbor can only harvest and plant for them and not do anything else until the neighbor edits the Super Neighbor settings. All of my Super Neighbors whom I previously had selected NOT to plant for me had their settings unchanged. Hopefully in the next few hours Raul and / or the moderators will confirm what I see. I am guessing they are not here yet because in the eastern US it is still 4 in the morning....

RozeeS Jun 12 2018 03:14 AM

As posted above by others not all the tools are showing up when working a friends farm as a super neighbour. The only ones available to me are the line down for fertilising, irrigation and watering and the line down for sowing or the combo line for harvesting/plow/sow. All the others tools are greyed out for harvesting trees, flowers or fishing. I have tried this on the chrome and firebox browsers and both are the same. This has just happened as the update was put out.

Have read a couple of other posts gone back to my farm and there is now the options to edit the super neighbour to allow individual planting, plowing, fishing trees etc

A bit annoying as can't help those neighbours until they come on and edit. Would it have not been better to have selected all items on the list by default and let the neighbour make the choices once they come back on the game?

Qivis Jun 12 2018 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelonia (Post 6245294)
Can't do my SN duties. Can only H/P/S. Is she going to have to reset all of her farms to let me do everything?

I have done some investigation because my neighbor who is planting for me could not do anything other than crops. It looks like anyone who was previously selected to plant for us had everything else unselected, but ONLY my Super Neighbors who I have allowed to plant have been effected this way. So she will have to edited Super Neighbor for you and anyone else she has assigned to plant for her and you will have to do the same if you have selected anyone else to plant your farms. I hope this helps since it is only 4 in the morning and the moderators may not have insomnia.... :p

redjade27 Jun 12 2018 03:35 AM

If the major things are not yet being released, why not just release them all together. I was happy to see a release at first until I read that no facilities or the new farm are being released yet. Is this one all fixes?

Susan Canning Jun 12 2018 04:05 AM

Love being able to close my Quest farm so SN

Aussie Rae Jun 12 2018 04:55 AM

the numbers don't add up in the new feature of Show Farm Names when selecting Show Facility Info. On my farm 1, I have a total of (according to this new thing) 273 Workable Facilities, and 7 Non Workable Factories, plus 6 Animal Buildings... when I go to the Facilty Manager, and select Regular Workable by Friends, the number shown is 268, Non Workable is 7. some how I have another 5 facilities that have magically appeared but are nowhere to be found... hope you can clarify this for me, :) if may just be a glitch, not overly worried ... just curious... LOL

Dulcinea Jun 12 2018 05:40 AM

When I click on my Neighborhood Chain Contest, in the Contest Info tab, and then on the Facilities in Contest, there's a new Show Facility Info button. Click that and I supposedly get info on the different types of facilities on each farm in the contest. Except it's hidden under the Missing Facilities? button.

Dr. Dirt Jun 12 2018 05:50 AM

After using the show work info button when on a super neighbors farm when I close the window all the farms show as blue. It used to only show the farms with available work as blue. Please change this back like it used to be. My super neighbor says this is happening with her as well.

Dr. Dirt Jun 12 2018 06:23 AM

Just tried it at another super neighbors farm. 11 farms had work 35 of them were blue.

Aussie Rae Jun 12 2018 07:09 AM

another problem is that once you open a window ( to check which ingredients you need in a facility for example) the window cannot be closed... have to reload the entire game.. this is a repeat of a problem we all had not so long ago, :)

Qivis Jun 12 2018 07:30 AM

Note to everyone, when we have turned on everything while a neighbor has been on our farm they have have had everything light up when they have either refreshed the farm they are on or moved onto the next farm. I forgot to turn everything back on for my Super Neighbor on the other side of Sol 3 (also known as planet Terra or Earth) earlier and just did. She had to refresh the game and not just my farms to get the tools to work. And yeah, I also had the problem with the sub-windows not closing that Aussie Rae mentioned earlier.

harrywhitmore@comcast.net Jun 12 2018 07:35 AM

Thank raul and staff , looking forward to farm 36, i like the new stuff already in place , keep up the good work

NiMo1960 Jun 12 2018 07:45 AM

Work info bit is now all wrong.
You can select "Show Work Info" and it shows correctly, but as soon as you move farm all boxes go Blue again EXCEPT the farms you've been on.
It now means we have to write down which farms have work on.
Please correct, or return to original set up.

sestree Jun 12 2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6245342)
Just tried it at another super neighbors farm. 11 farms had work 35 of them were blue.

I am seeing that as well. However, whenever the devs do any changes to something existing, it always screws things up for a bit. Be patient. I'm honestly just glad they didn't take my suggestion for the facility manager because last time it was changed, mine was fubar'd for over 2 weeks.

sestree Jun 12 2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiMo1960 (Post 6245386)
Work info bit is now all wrong.
You can select "Show Work Info" and it shows correctly, but as soon as you move farm all boxes go Blue again EXCEPT the farms you've been on.
It now means we have to write down which farms have work on.
Please correct, or return to original set up.

it will fix in time. Again, everytime the devs make a change to something existing, the risk is that it will cause issues with what is already there. It happens. They'll get this fixed. It's much easier to roll out new vs make additions to what is already there. Dunno why - just do. Da Hubster did programming and DBA and I used to beta test new software developments and platforms. We both saw this kind of happenstance often.

Dr. Dirt Jun 12 2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sestree (Post 6245394)
it will fix in time. Again, everytime the devs make a change to something existing, the risk is that it will cause issues with what is already there. It happens. They'll get this fixed. It's much easier to roll out new vs make additions to what is already there. Dunno why - just do. Da Hubster did programming and DBA and I used to beta test new software developments and platforms. We both saw this kind of happenstance often.

True but they won't know to fix it if no one lets them know it's broke. :)

mindyj5 Jun 12 2018 08:17 AM

Referring to this: b) While working Super Neighbour farms, when you access the 'Show Work Info' screen, after you close that screen, the farm selector will be updated to show in blue the farms where there is still work available
and the addition to the details:
- The feature 8.b) is currently working as expected only when you are allowed to perform any kind of work on that Super Neighbour farms.

I can do all work for my sn but now all farms are in blue even though there is no work available, they should be green. I've done all of the work thru farm 18, for example but all farms are in blue which means there is work but, there isn't. I can work with it though, just click show work info and click the farms that need work, from there so it's not a big deal but prefer how it worked before because I didn't need to keep clicking show work info, all the farms without work were green, before this change.

abarrow Jun 12 2018 08:44 AM

on f-3 w-202 when going to storage and clicking on the see what to make it brings up the list of things but then cannot x out of the screen have to reload the game to get out of it. can use the back arrow but it will take you to your facebook home page. have cleared memcache several times and my sn also advised she is having the same issue she is f-3 w-204. just started happening since the upgrade thank you

Taz D Jun 12 2018 09:37 AM

Please post suggestions in the Suggestion section where we gather all by subject to make it easier for the developers to see.

Please keep this thread for posting any problems with this release.

JNelson Jun 12 2018 09:41 AM

when have quests open if you click on something to check its not letting me x out of it, have to reload game - not sure if this related to release move to correct location if this is wrong place

dnreynolds Jun 12 2018 09:41 AM

WHY ??? I have to ask WHY? Once again we have a "New Release" and most of it isn't ready … WHY ??? Why not wait until everything is ready to roll and THEN put it out to the farmers? Month after month this happens .. If necessary, why not go without a release one month so the developers can "catch up". It's frustrating to see "New Release" and have to see that we have to wait for everything to be available to us. Thank you

JNelson Jun 12 2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnreynolds (Post 6245442)
WHY ??? I have to ask WHY? Once again we have a "New Release" and most of it isn't ready … WHY ??? Why not wait until everything is ready to roll and THEN put it out to the farmers? Month after month this happens .. If necessary, why not go without a release one month so the developers can "catch up". It's frustrating to see "New Release" and have to see that we have to wait for everything to be available to us. Thank you

or change it so have a new release every 2 weeks instead of once a month, seems like that would be better for the developers

JNelson Jun 12 2018 09:51 AM

regarding the new change to NCC ... NOT LIKE new NCC open to all, this will create even more problems because you have default set to turned on for both NCC (and sea port). New players have no idea what these are and will have very few facilities which will hurt your group and some people only play occasionally. there are a lot of player who do not want to participate in these 2 things but are not aware they need to turn them off. please change the NCC (and sea port) to default off and the players who want to participate in these very nice options will turn them on ....

BethFB Jun 12 2018 10:18 AM

Will the SN be able to add fields to the farm or not? Would they be able to in the future?

Thanks.

Taz D Jun 12 2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 6245470)
Will the SN be able to add fields to the farm or not? Would they be able to in the future?

Thanks.

Hi BethFB,
That is already available in the Design part of the Super Neighbor. You have to allow them to sell and buy using your coins.

Pegasus_III Jun 12 2018 11:04 AM

Tools missing when working for neighbors

When I work for my SN, I have only H/P and H/P/S tools. I can water and fertilize but I cannot use the tools in the columns of Harvest, Plow, Harvest Trees, Chop trees, harvest flowers. They do work on my own farms for me.
Thanks for all you do!!

Taz D Jun 12 2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegasus_III (Post 6245490)
When I work for my SN, I have only H/P and H/P/S tools. I can water and fertilize but I cannot use the tools in the columns of Harvest, Plow, Harvest Trees, Chop trees, harvest flowers. They do work on my own farms for me.
Thanks for all you do!!

Hi Pegasus,
I moved your post to the New Release thread in Announcements as this has to do with one of the new release items.

5. More controls over your Super Neighbours work: You can now specify exactly which farming operations each of your super neighbours is allowed to do on your farms, ex: harvest trees/flowers/crops, plow, fish, chop and plant.

Known Issues:

- Some users are not able to perform certain type of work at Super Neighbour farms. We will release a fix later today for this, if you can wait you don't need to do anything else, it will work as usual after the fix. If you don't want to wait, you can ask your Super Neighbour to edit your permissions and enable all the farming operations.

Tom C Jun 12 2018 11:12 AM

Noticed this the last time we had new products that we would get bonus with. When I go into the facility manager I harvest animals first, store stuff next, then load factories next I send out request for help for factories, next I load the service facilities here comes the problem does not matter how long I wait before clicking to open the service facility send out help request as soon as I click it a bonus window will pop up and then be lost open service facility, I have to close it to get the bonus and then open the service facility again. Why is the bonus window only coming up as soon as I go the open a facility.

jdentel Jun 12 2018 11:16 AM

game locks up and won't close the ingredient planner in the facility manager

Taz D Jun 12 2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 6245498)
Noticed this the last time we had new products that we would get bonus with. When I go into the facility manager I harvest animals first, store stuff next, then load factories next I send out request for help for factories, next I load the service facilities here comes the problem does not matter how long I wait before clicking to open the service facility send out help request as soon as I click it a bonus window will pop up and then be lost open service facility, I have to close it to get the bonus and then open the service facility again. Why is the bonus window only coming up as soon as I go the open a facility.

Hi Tom C,
The bonus pop up will not open until you have clicked a certain number of times. You can see the same thing when we have a crop bonus as you are harvesting. It takes a few clicks harvesting before the bonus pop up shows after you have reached the new belt.