Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Tools and Fuel (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594642)

Rob T Mar 25 2013 08:27 PM

Tools and Fuel

This thread is for reporting problems concerning any of the tools or fuel. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Chapter 20: Fuel Everything you need to know about fuel is included here.

Chapter 21: Tools Everything you need to know about tools is included here.

It is now possible to have more than 4 Billion fuel.
As of May 2020 you can now top up your fuel, it no longer gets replaced when you refuel.

Important Things To Remember About The Tools On Your Farm

1. Any of the Farm Cash tools for harvesting (crops, trees, flowers), plowing, chopping, fishing will work on other peoples farms, including the 3x3 coin tools. These tools MUST be in storage for this to work.

2. You can access your tools from the Yellow Toolbox, there isn't any need to take them out of storage.

Important Things To Remember About Fuel

1. You only will be able to refuel once a day. Click on the fuel station icon and at the bottom of the pop-up you will notice that it tells you when you can refuel again. Example: You will be able to refuel in 5 hours and twenty minutes.

2. If it seems you are using fuel quicker than expected:
    Please remember that:
    • Using the Start All at the top of the Facility Manager uses Fuel (turbo tools)
    • Using the Store All at the top of the Facility Manager uses Fuel (Forklifts)
    • Cashing out uses Fuel (Armored Truck, Farm Cash Item not the decoration)
    • The more work you do, for yourself or for others, the bigger the farms, the more fuel you will need.
    • Fuel is sold in the Gas Station service facility, which you can uncheck if you own the load tool for that facility, so it's not used there.

Missing a tool? Please read the first post HERE

For Suggestions for Tools post in Machinery/tools both functional and non-functional

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

TootTootTootsie Jan 23 2014 09:52 PM

It finally worked! Thank you very much.

Taz D Jan 24 2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TootTootTootsie (Post 5765366)
It finally worked! Thank you very much.

You are welcome. Glad it worked. :)

Jackie Fregeau Jan 28 2014 01:58 PM

fuel

I keep running out of fuel and I don't use that much.

marymarcel Jan 28 2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie Fregeau (Post 5767158)
I keep running out of fuel and I don't use that much.

Hi! fuel is used in lot of tools, you can read more about this in the following thread from the Official Game Guide

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338882

Also, if you have the Gas Station which is a service facility, it is loaded with fuel tanks so you are selling them and perhaps you dont have enough tanks when you need to refuel. If you have the tool to load that service facility, uncheck the fuel tanks from it or if you load the Gas Station without tools, dont load the fuel tanks.:)

richey808@charter.net Jan 29 2014 12:37 PM

problems purchasing this is my 3rd time to ask for help

I am having problems in purchasing tool. I had purchased all the tools up to the silver harvest sow plow, I sold the ones I did not need not knowing that you would add more tools and selling the ones we don't need would complicate the issue. I purchase the next green harvest plow sow trying to get back up to silver and brown. the game shows the action but does not load the tool or deduct the cash. This is my third time to contact for help since Thanksgiving and I have not even received even a reply. From Slashkey.
:mad: and getting :mad:er by the day.

Taz D Jan 29 2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richey808@charter.net (Post 5767406)
I am having problems in purchasing tool. I had purchased all the tools up to the silver harvest sow plow, I sold the ones I did not need not knowing that you would add more tools and selling the ones we don't need would complicate the issue. I purchase the next green harvest plow sow trying to get back up to silver and brown. the game shows the action but does not load the tool or deduct the cash. This is my third time to contact for help since Thanksgiving and I have not even received even a reply. From Slashkey.
:mad: and getting :mad:er by the day.

Do you have the green plow, harvester, seeder, and harvest/plow combine?
When you try to purchase does it show green under it when you try to set it down on the farm or does it show red? If it is red then you are not in a clear spot to set it down. It has to be green under it.
You need to contact Support as we don't have any way to check your data to see what is going on. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks for them to respond depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings/support/

gertyglowbug Feb 05 2014 11:11 AM

Accessing hiring farmers' equipment

I hired farmers to HP for me. I made sure the box was checked allowing them to access my equipment. However, they reported that they couldn't access my tools. Is there a step I or they are missing?

Sheepy47 Feb 05 2014 11:27 AM

Using employers' tools

I was hired to harvest/plow and before finishing, got a pop up message'employer has no money left'. I couldn't finish and lost my bonus. Did this mean the employer had chosen to let me use his tools and had no fuel. I have all big tools and plenty of fuel, so why couldn't I use my own if indeed the message did imply I could use his. Thanks

Taz D Feb 05 2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gertyglowbug (Post 5769718)
I hired farmers to HP for me. I made sure the box was checked allowing them to access my equipment. However, they reported that they couldn't access my tools. Is there a step I or they are missing?

Maybe a step they are missing. If you have the combine for that then it should show for them in place of the Gift Box. They would not need to go into the extended tool box for it. They do have to have fuel too though because they use their own fuel.

Taz D Feb 05 2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepy47 (Post 5769734)
I was hired to harvest/plow and before finishing, got a pop up message'employer has no money left'. I couldn't finish and lost my bonus. Did this mean the employer had chosen to let me use his tools and had no fuel. I have all big tools and plenty of fuel, so why couldn't I use my own if indeed the message did imply I could use his. Thanks

No. You would be using your own fuel. They may have run out of coins to pay for you to work. It costs the employer for you to plow.

Sheepy47 Feb 05 2014 12:02 PM

Thanks, never thought of that!

jack daniel's Feb 07 2014 04:44 PM

Green freestyle

Could someone please explain how to use the green freestyle thank you

Taz D Feb 07 2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack daniel's (Post 5771034)
Could someone please explain how to use the green freestyle thank you

The best explanation is in the Game Guide. Here is a link to that section:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...26#post5275626

kazwv10 Feb 08 2014 08:39 AM

Harvester tool

I bought a harvester that does 2x2 yesterday and when i try to fill it up with fuel it says i need to own a seeder or harvester when i already do.... i am only on level 11 though, although i have played this before on a diff facebook account and cant remember if i needed to be in a higher level or not.

Thanks

Karen :)

Taz D Feb 08 2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazwv10 (Post 5771322)
I bought a harvester that does 2x2 yesterday and when i try to fill it up with fuel it says i need to own a seeder or harvester when i already do.... i am only on level 11 though, although i have played this before on a diff facebook account and cant remember if i needed to be in a higher level or not.

Thanks

You bought a 2x2 harvester or a 2x1 harvester? The 2x1 is available at level 10, but the 2x2 is not available until level 16. If it is the 2x1 it does not require fuel.

kazwv10 Feb 08 2014 10:20 AM

Thats what i thought but its saying i need fuel? oh yeah my mistake sorry it is 2 x 1 iv just gone to level 12 now...

Taz D Feb 08 2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazwv10 (Post 5771334)
Thats what i thought but its saying i need fuel? oh yeah my mistake sorry it is 2 x 1 iv just gone to level 12 now...

Fuel requirements were removed for those in the Jan 8th release:

- Remove fuel requirement for all 2 x 1 tools, this will allow new users to start using those tools sooner when hired without the fuel requirement

Try harvesting and see if it actually still needs fuel. If it does I will alert the devs to this.

KnightRider Feb 08 2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazwv10 (Post 5771322)

Thanks

When you went to the fuel station was the harvester in your storage for the program to see the harvester, if it is on your farm it will not recognize that you have it.

kazwv10 Feb 08 2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5771338)
Fuel requirements were removed for those in the Jan 8th release:

- Remove fuel requirement for all 2 x 1 tools, this will allow new users to start using those tools sooner when hired without the fuel requirement

Try harvesting and see if it actually still needs fuel. If it does I will alert the devs to this.

I have tried this and it is still saying i need fuel :rolleyes:

kazwv10 Feb 08 2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5771354)
When you went to the fuel station was the harvester in your storage for the program to see the harvester, if it is on your farm it will not recognize that you have it.

Nope this didn't work neither lol

supertrucker Feb 09 2014 09:19 AM

'Gifting' tools

forgive me if the title is cryptic, first of all...

a friend has some tools, i have some tools, and a mutual friend has very few. i know we can't sell (or gift) our UNUSED tools to our friend, and i know we can 'gift' her tools from the store, that's not an issue... what we want to know is, can a tool be gifted to someone if said tool requires an already-existing one, but the recipient doesn't have the first one? ie could one of us gift gift our friend a 10x10 harvest/plow/plant tool, if she doesn't have any of the tools that the 10x10 tools require?

Taz D Feb 09 2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertrucker (Post 5772014)
forgive me if the title is cryptic, first of all...

a friend has some tools, i have some tools, and a mutual friend has very few. i know we can't sell (or gift) our UNUSED tools to our friend, and i know we can 'gift' her tools from the store, that's not an issue... what we want to know is, can a tool be gifted to someone if said tool requires an already-existing one, but the recipient doesn't have the first one? ie could one of us gift gift our friend a 10x10 harvest/plow/plant tool, if she doesn't have any of the tools that the 10x10 tools require?

The simple answer is no. In fact the store will not let you send a tool if they do not have the required previous tools.

supertrucker Feb 09 2014 10:45 AM

thanks taz... i wasn't sure how that worked...

farmgirly4 Feb 09 2014 02:01 PM

Tools when Hired

When someone hires me to work on their farm, how can I tell which tools they have that I can use? For example, if I am hired to harvest, all the harvesters and combines show up in the tool box and I have to click on each one to see if I can use it. Is there a better way to know which tools are available to me?

KnightRider Feb 09 2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmgirly4 (Post 5772118)
When someone hires me to work on their farm, how can I tell which tools they have that I can use? For example, if I am hired to harvest, all the harvesters and combines show up in the tool box and I have to click on each one to see if I can use it. Is there a better way to know which tools are available to me?

Right now there is no easier way to see which tools you can use except for trying each tool unless you can ask the person which tools they have. In future releases they hope to have the ability to only show which tools are available.

honeyg56 Feb 10 2014 02:16 PM

Sharing Tools

If someone wants to use my tools, does anyone know what I need to do to let them?

Taz D Feb 10 2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeyg56 (Post 5772482)
If someone wants to use my tools, does anyone know what I need to do to let them?

When you hire on either the single hire or the multiple jobs hire there is a check box for you to indicate whether you allow them to use your tools.

KnightRider Feb 10 2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Henry (Post 5772538)
I recently started a farm and my fuel station does not show under the green Farm $. I have gifts of fuel and they show when I go the Map and click on fuel station it shows that I have fuel but the is no "refuel" now button. It has been this way for over a week. I am at level 24.

Do you own a harvester or seeder? You must own one of these two tools in order to use the fuel station, the tools can be coin tools or FC tools.

Southern_Wolf Feb 10 2014 06:38 PM

New Tool Suggestions for Farm Town by Southern_Wolf

I have suggestions for a few new tools.

Suggestion by Stan Sansom (aka - Southern_Wolf) on 2-10-2014 @ approximately 6:25 p.m. Central Time Zone and I would appreciate credit for my ideas.

I suggest making a tool (tree spade and planter) that allows a farmer to move trees (plural) when rearranging farm(s) or after a farmer buys more farm land and increases their farm size. This could be a set of tools that increase in size - just like the plows, harvesters, planters. A farmer should be allowed to move trees in bulk amounts around on their farm or into storage. If done properly it would be tools that that could make money for FT.
A similar tool or tools should be developed for moving flowers.
The tool(s) need to be able to simply move the flowers around on the farm or to place them in storage for future use.

Taz D Feb 10 2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern_Wolf (Post 5772586)
I have suggestions for a few new tools.

Suggestion by Stan Sansom (aka - Southern_Wolf) on 2-10-2014 @ approximately 6:25 p.m. Central Time Zone and I would appreciate credit for my ideas.

I suggest making a tool (tree spade and planter) that allows a farmer to move trees (plural) when rearranging farm(s) or after a farmer buys more farm land and increases their farm size. This could be a set of tools that increase in size - just like the plows, harvesters, planters. A farmer should be allowed to move trees in bulk amounts around on their farm or into storage. If done properly it would be tools that that could make money for FT.
A similar tool or tools should be developed for moving flowers.
The tool(s) need to be able to simply move the flowers around on the farm or to place them in storage for future use.

You need to post this in the Suggestions section so the developers will see them. There is a thread for Machinery. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to one in that section.

queleary Feb 10 2014 08:09 PM

Refueled by accident

I almost refueled by accident (I thought I was getting a bonus for working someone's farm and hit refuel by accident). I still had 18 million gallons of fuel. Luckily I hit the x to get out and I realize that was my error but it may be better if those two things weren't so close :( Or if there was a great big flashing message that asks if you want to refuel when you still have fuel LOL

Thanks. And happy farming.

Taz D Feb 10 2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queleary (Post 5772650)
I almost refueled by accident (I thought I was getting a bonus for working someone's farm and hit refuel by accident). I still had 18 million gallons of fuel. Luckily I hit the x to get out and I realize that was my error but it may be better if those two things weren't so close :( Or if there was a great big flashing message that asks if you want to refuel when you still have fuel LOL

Thanks. And happy farming.

There is a warning message if you click to refuel that you will lose any fuel you currently have.

MJoanne Feb 11 2014 03:26 AM

Missing 1-click button machine

Hi Farmtown

I realize that my 1-click button machine is gone.

:(

Regards
Joanne

beeflady Feb 11 2014 09:30 AM

what has happened to using tools on all farms? It doesn't work, only shows you can use seeder on the farm it is located

Danuta Feb 11 2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeflady (Post 5773118)
what has happened to using tools on all farms? It doesn't work, only shows you can use seeder on the farm it is located

same here, can not use my tools

Taz D Feb 11 2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJoanne (Post 5772746)
Hi Farmtown

I realize that my 1-click button machine is gone.

:(

Regards
Joanne

What 1 click button machine would that be?

Taz D Feb 11 2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeflady (Post 5773118)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danuta (Post 5773150)
same here, can not use my tools

To the best of my knowledge you have always had to either move the tool to the farm you wanted to use it on or it had to be in storage to use it on all farms. The only ones that would work on all farms were the facility loading tools.

bobo243@aol.com Feb 11 2014 01:01 PM

farmtown blocked supply

my farmtown equipment has been checked off as of today..cant use sprinkler system or other tools can you help me get this taken care off..

bobo243@aol.com Feb 11 2014 01:04 PM

need help on farm town

my equipment cannot be used for some reason can you fix this .i have 18 farms please see what is going on..someone from farmtown is messing with me for some strange reason.i havent done anything wrong..