Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- September 30th, 2016 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625142)

RoseArienh Oct 01 2016 02:18 PM

What a nice surprise! Thanks so much! :)

Dbutrfli Oct 01 2016 02:38 PM

Thanks, always enjoy all the new items. Great job developers!!

Dulcinea Oct 01 2016 02:40 PM

A coin restaurant and a fish market. Cool! :)

Greatgig Oct 01 2016 02:56 PM

Anyone else getting a FB message that your Farm Town posts are blocked? Didn't have this problem last night but I can't get any of my FT posts to work.

AlyceAnn Oct 01 2016 03:18 PM

What is Facebook doing NOW? Its blocking all my facility posts. AND great update!! Chopping is now FUN!

Taz D Oct 01 2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatgig (Post 6103938)
Anyone else getting a FB message that your Farm Town posts are blocked? Didn't have this problem last night but I can't get any of my FT posts to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlyceAnn (Post 6103942)
What is Facebook doing NOW? Its blocking all my facility posts. AND great update!! Chopping is now FUN!

I have sent an email to the developers. Facebook has done this before by setting security level too high.

Taz D Oct 01 2016 04:05 PM

It appears posting is now working.

Snookie Sue Oct 01 2016 07:15 PM

Love the new chainsaw. Thanks so much for the new release. Quite a surprise.

Norlene Adams Oct 02 2016 01:57 AM

I got kicked out of facebook when I posted my CLIENTS tonight - couldn't post FACILITIES because I can no longer get back into FB! How do you suggest I fix this problem? I got a notice telling me I was deleted because I possibly have Malware on my computer and then gave me steps to check on said Malware, which included DOWNLOADING their company to scan my computer. That's exactly how you get Malware! I have since run short and long scans with my Norton account, and I don't have Malware. I just got kicked out of facebook because I posted my CLIENTS. Please help me get back on facebook and back to my farm! THANK YOU
BTW - To add insult to injury, I was to collect $2 farm dollars from my co-op quests tonight, so I missed that opportunity also!

Aussie Rae Oct 02 2016 03:34 AM

this happened to a lot of us some time ago, the only way to get back on facebook is to do as they ask, and then it will be fine.. we have all been there, done that... its just facebook being a pain as usual, they were stopping a lot of us from posting this morning but now that has been resolved.. its not farmtown but FACEBOOK that is the cause of this... doing as they ask won't result in you getting malware.. and I am sure one of the moderators will be able to explain more when they get on... sorry mods if I jumped the gun by replying to Norlene Adams....

knolan Oct 02 2016 05:43 AM

Thank you !!!

THANK YOU FOR THE NEW FLOWERS !!! They are my favorite items to decorate with.

Norlene Adams Oct 02 2016 09:51 AM

Thank you Aussie Rae

I appreciate your reply Aussie Rae. My resident computer expert is my soninlaw, and he also recommended not downloading their company to run a scan. It's so dangerous for your computer to allow a 3rd party to access it. I guess I'm permanently kicked out of facebook and farm town. I have been playing since 2009? - about 2 weeks after it appeared on facebook. I'm so sad.

Taz D Oct 02 2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norlene Adams (Post 6104150)
I appreciate your reply Aussie Rae. My resident computer expert is my soninlaw, and he also recommended not downloading their company to run a scan. It's so dangerous for your computer to allow a 3rd party to access it. I guess I'm permanently kicked out of facebook and farm town. I have been playing since 2009? - about 2 weeks after it appeared on facebook. I'm so sad.

Hi Norlene,
Many of us had to do the same thing last time that Facebook raised their security level. It is a simple procedure and does not permanently install the program they use on your computer. It is safe to use and will quickly get you back into Facebook and Farm Town.

Quilted Acres Oct 02 2016 10:44 AM

Hi there, I hate to bother you guys but It said that all the Halloween decorations are in coins. What abotut the 4 other FC items... Pumpkin Tree and the Smashed Witch and the other two. I wondered why when I clicked on the Smashed witch it wouldn't give it to me. Are they going to be coins? Thank you

Taz D Oct 02 2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quilted Acres (Post 6104186)
Hi there, I hate to bother you guys but It said that all the Halloween decorations are in coins. What abotut the 4 other FC items... Pumpkin Tree and the Smashed Witch and the other two. I wondered why when I clicked on the Smashed witch it wouldn't give it to me. Are they going to be coins? Thank you

Hi Quilted Acres,
It does say the 10 new items are in coins, not that all of them are for coins. The ones that are farm cash are from past releases.

Norlene Adams Oct 02 2016 11:04 AM

Thank you Taz and Aussie Rae - running the scan now.

SCAN COMPLETED AND I'M BACK ON FACEBOOK AND AT THE FARM! THANKS AGAIN TO BOTH OF YOU! ♥

jeannine_p Oct 02 2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norlene Adams (Post 6104202)
Thank you Taz and Aussie Rae - running the scan now.

SCAN COMPLETED AND I'M BACK ON FACEBOOK AND AT THE FARM! THANKS AGAIN TO BOTH OF YOU! ♥

one last thing norlene, you can also uninstall that program as soon as you run their scan. thats what i did. glad ur back in!!

Norlene Adams Oct 02 2016 04:31 PM

Thanks for that additional info jeannine p :)
UPDATE:
TAZ said that the program to scan and clear my computer of any malware would not stay permanently on my computer, and it HAS disappeared. Can't find it on my list of programs to uninstall. So - I think all is well. They listed 4 items cleared from my computer which were all related sites, and when I googled them I found that they were mostly used on Windows 8. My computer came loaded with W8 (which I hated), but I now have W10 - it was downloaded in July, I think. Those programs might have come with W8.

Texas Belle Oct 02 2016 05:51 PM

What is going on? while clicking on a friend's timeline to go to her facilities, this is what came up...Notice
Leaving Facebook
You followed a link on facebook.com that redirects to another website: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...3080a4962af52c
You can now continue to this website, or go back to the page that you were on before.
Remember, only follow links from sources that you trust.
Go BackFollow Link

Is this something new? The most interesting thing that caught my attention was the line that says "Leaving Facebook" and that it goes to another site, are we separating from FB.... hurrrayyyyyyyy

Taz D Oct 02 2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Belle (Post 6104270)
What is going on? while clicking on a friend's timeline to go to her facilities, this is what came up...Notice
Leaving Facebook
You followed a link on facebook.com that redirects to another website: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...3080a4962af52c
You can now continue to this website, or go back to the page that you were on before.
Remember, only follow links from sources that you trust.
Go BackFollow Link

Is this something new? The most interesting thing that caught my attention was the line that says "Leaving Facebook" and that it goes to another site, are we separating from FB.... hurrrayyyyyyyy

Hi Texas Belle,
As that is on Facebook, I don't think Farm Town had anything to do with that except that it was a post from Farm Town.

Wayne L Oct 02 2016 07:21 PM

:) Love the new tools & regular upgrades.But Question in near future could fruit Trees that are in gifts also be for sale in the store please.

Aussie Rae Oct 02 2016 07:32 PM

really disappointed in the low amount of Crawfish containers produced in the Fish Farm Plants... taking forever to get any stock for the Cajan Restaurant, thank goodness we can post for ingredients or we would never get enough.. hope they increase the amount produced.. waiting 6 hours for 12 units is not funny... and I have 9 Fish Farm Plants... looks like I need to buy some more...

Taz D Oct 02 2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne L (Post 6104278)
:) Love the new tools & regular upgrades.But Question in near future could fruit Trees that are in gifts also be for sale in the store please.

Hi Wayne,
If you want the developers to see your suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section where they look at them. You can't start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggest.

Qivis Oct 03 2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6104282)
really disappointed in the low amount of Crawfish containers produced in the Fish Farm Plants... taking forever to get any stock for the Cajan Restaurant, thank goodness we can post for ingredients or we would never get enough.. hope they increase the amount produced.. waiting 6 hours for 12 units is not funny... and I have 9 Fish Farm Plants... looks like I need to buy some more...

Agreed. They also need to add bonuses for them just like the other items had when they first went live!

mcdaddie Oct 03 2016 08:59 AM

To the Dev's
I have usually been one of the first to complain or bring the attention to problems that stem from a new release. I also generally back that up with why can't these problems be tested pre-release. Not this time!! I would like to commend Raul and his team for the new release, the new tools, the great restaurant, and other new items that were released with NO problems or issues. This is a great showing of your dedication to the task and the quality to back it up. I haven't seen many releases in the past that there weren't 3 or 4 new notes about getting something fixed. It is great and makes me smile. I hope the adjustments to ingredients that you will release soon will also make us all smile. Thanks so much for this game and your work to make it the best on FB.

Steve

Silly-Billy Oct 03 2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 6103626)
New products from other facilities: Crawfish in the Fish Farming Plant.
--Raul

Any hints as to when we can begin earning Belts for these?

Billy

Clohar Oct 03 2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silly-Billy (Post 6104462)
Any hints as to when we can begin earning Belts for these?

Billy

As I seen in another reply for such question that should come in few days when they will increase production for several products of high demand

rjohn726 Oct 03 2016 06:19 PM

Thanks for farm 31, I knew it was going to be here at this time, don't bother to ask.

All is fine also

JoGilliam Oct 04 2016 07:55 AM

Nice!!

Thank you Thank you :) Great stuff!! :)

jeannine_p Oct 05 2016 11:22 AM

thanks for the update, all great stuff!! any idea when the increase in needed items is coming out??

Texas Belle Oct 05 2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6104274)
Hi Texas Belle,
As that is on Facebook, I don't think Farm Town had anything to do with that except that it was a post from Farm Town.

Oh no, that is Facebook at its best... just wanted to let you know in case somebody else got it too, nothing like being prepared, :)

iadiedee Oct 05 2016 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. ... at one update recently we were given the opportunity to personalize the toolbar (as attached shows). But I now forget how to do that adjustment to replace the yellow log truck with the newer purple one. I'm sorry to be a bother but I can't find the instruction that I followed before.

TY for your help.

Taz D Oct 05 2016 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadiedee (Post 6104906)
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. ... at one update recently we were given the opportunity to personalize the toolbar (as attached shows). But I now forget how to do that adjustment to replace the yellow log truck with the newer purple one. I'm sorry to be a bother but I can't find the instruction that I followed before.

TY for your help.

Hi iadiedee,
Click on the bent arrow (for shortcuts), next to the save button in upper right corner of your farms. There are instructions in that on how to replace those shorcuts.

imcgowan Oct 07 2016 02:52 PM

Product increases

In the 9/30 new release, it was noted that item #6 :

Production Increases for several products in High Demand (Coming in a few days)

Did this happen yet and if it did can you share what products were involved?

Thanks,

Isabella

Taz D Oct 07 2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imcgowan (Post 6105194)
In the 9/30 new release, it was noted that item #6 :

Production Increases for several products in High Demand (Coming in a few days)

Did this happen yet and if it did can you share what products were involved?

Thanks,

Isabella

Hi Isabella,
No it has not happened. Considering that hurricane Matthew is ravaging the eastern coast of the US, I am sure that the developers have been a little busy with the weather and aftermath. I am sure they will resume getting those out as soon as possible.

Dr. Dirt Oct 07 2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6105198)
Hi Isabella,
No it has not happened. Considering that hurricane Matthew is ravaging the eastern coast of the US, I am sure that the developers have been a little busy with the weather and aftermath. I am sure they will resume getting those out as soon as possible.

I can relate!

imcgowan Oct 08 2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6105198)
Hi Isabella,

Thank you for letting me know. I had no idea that they were in the path of the storm or if any of the employees were. Of course I completely under stand and hope all that are in the path stay safe. I'm in the northeast and it looks like we will have minor issues of rain and higher tides, but nothing like I have been witnessing on the television.

Thank you again.

rockcandymountain Oct 08 2016 01:26 PM

6. Production Increases for several products in High Demand (Coming in a few days)

When may this be released? The latest update mentioned a few days.

Tiger Oct 08 2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6105378)

Hi rockcandymountain,

There's no news on this yet. It may be delayed due to the hurricane in that part of the US which they may have had to deal with.

Nighthawk12345 Oct 08 2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6105378)

Slashkey is located in the Miami-Dade County of Florida. Hurricane Matthew did not make land fall in Florida,it tracked quite close up the east coast and a lot of area's were hit with 100+ mph winds and heavy rainfall and this has cause damage to power and telecoms.

Also it was forecast that Matthew could of made landfall, so a lot of people were told to evacuate the coastal area's, when the state of emergency was declared so there is a good chance a lot of Slashkey workers have not return yet or are dealing with damage to there homes.

So I think at the present time we forget about what happening with the update and pray that everyone is safe and wish them a speedy recover.