Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 1st, 2016 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626130)

Tiger Dec 02 2016 10:02 AM

Thank you very much to Raul and all the development team :D

Taz D Dec 02 2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpdad (Post 6116058)
If I boost a train, I gain products, if I boost a Cargo Ship I lose products? Am I reading this correctly??

Hi Grumpdad,
As in all of the cases where we get products like hired for harvesting or boosting trains, the ships will be the same. Any products added will be coming from the mayor and not your storage.

gffarmer Dec 02 2016 10:31 AM

Thanks for the updates. Great as usual!! Awesome new Christmas items!!!

Tom C Dec 02 2016 10:39 AM

The info on the ships is a bit disappointing, if I read it right it takes 45 to 60 minutes to load a container, at the max time for all it will be 10 hours to load the ship. I play farm town everyday and I do not even have that much time to load one ship let alone 7 ships and I know you can only load 1 a day. For me to do the ships they are going to have to change the way they are loaded, I just do not have 10 hours a day to sit and load containers, I have a job. I do like that they are coin ships and not farm cash.

Also how do neighbors know that a ship is docked at their port? If it is like the train boast and comes up in the gift section then my neighbors are going to be upset with me because I seldom do gifts. I only do them if I need a tree or flower, or some holiday gift. So my neighbors trains are going to get stuck at my farm.

Dr. Dirt Dec 02 2016 11:10 AM

I know some guys that work on the cranes at the port here in Savannah. If it took them 45 to 60 minutes to load a container they wouldn't have a job for very long. :)

sod farmer Dec 02 2016 11:11 AM

so someone who is extremely active but chooses NOT to participate could easily stall many ships at their first port simply by opting not to play. My farms keep e very busy and this addition seems to be something that will require a significant amount of time watching - working - responding to requests from ppl saying pls work my ship... will see how this plays out but not sure it will play well.

Rugged Barbie Dec 02 2016 11:14 AM

Great Update - thank you, Developers!
My dream came true - Ships are COINS and not Farm Cash!
Happy Dancing on my future Ships!
xoxoxo
Happy Holidays to All!

SeniorCornwall Dec 02 2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6116166)
Hi SeniorCornwall,
The sign factory is already in the store.

Thanks for the response. I had missed that

mcdaddie Dec 02 2016 12:33 PM

I am a bit disappointed with the whole new ship thing. It irritates me to know that now people that don't spend real money to get farmcash get the same benefit (i.e. products) that those of us that spent the FC get. So we wasted our money. I was really hoping that the ship would carry other products that we are short in to make it worth while to work both trains and ships. Notes stated that a fully worked ship in the proper amount of time would yield the same as a fully loaded train that returns. Was really hoping that ships would carry things like Chromite that aren't in the train cars. A beautiful scenario would be for us to load items that we could really use individually, but I know that would be a programming nightmare. I just can't understand why the redundancy between train and ship. Now the only thing our FC buys us with the trains is having the mayor do all the work for us when doing other peoples facilities. I am bummed.

Jean's Farm Dec 02 2016 01:57 PM

Oh my goodness.....I just bought the nativity people and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The Baby Jesus is even separate and can be placed on the crib. The animals are wonderful. Thank you so much.....it is really stunning!!!!

wsbohannon Dec 02 2016 03:36 PM

I just want to THANK the developers for the beautiful Nativity items. I was so surprised and pleased!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!.

Conjetta Dec 02 2016 04:35 PM

Will there be a way to OPT out of the whole boat thing? It seems like it will be much more involved than I have time for and I don't want to spend that much time on the game. I also don't want my neighbors having to wait on me to do anything. I want to farm. Period. I've been on farm town since 2009 and it would be awful to have to leave now because of being pushed to do something I don't want to do.

bjyhey3 Dec 02 2016 05:54 PM

Thank You for the update...Great stuff as usual :)

mastermouse Dec 02 2016 07:18 PM

thanks for the great Christmas items!

on another note..
the ships loading at neighbours ports could end up being a deterrent. I do play regularily however I have alot of inactive neighbours...my ship could get stalled at one of their ports or if I went on vacation for a week I could cause a delay for one of my active neighbours ships. I guess it will be a wait and see

Farmer Tony Dec 02 2016 08:00 PM

Cheers!!!!

Tom C Dec 02 2016 11:36 PM

They have not said what the ships will carry, I took the remark about bring back stuff like the train to mean we would have lots of product brought back. If it is a pop up tab that i have to click on to load a ship i can do that, but if it is in the gift section I will not be doing it. As far as being forced to quit the game because I do not load ships well I am not going to quit no matter how mad some people might get. I enjoy harvesting and planting and loading my factories, the rest of the stuff is just extra but nothing I have to do. I already do not do the quest, or co op quest the reward is not big enough for me to mess with it. At 2fc a week it will take 3 to 4 months to get enough to buy something. The Neighbor hood chain thing I quit after a month of coming in last or next to last, with loading factories 2 to 3 times a day, I went back to my 3 to 4 times a week thing and still come in last, with a lot less effort.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com Dec 03 2016 12:19 AM

WOW -- Thanks Raul and team!!! Looking forward to the cargo ships and seeing how to make them go. Thanks again!!!

bluehair Dec 03 2016 01:03 AM

ooh if the ships are coins I can use my FC to buy some tools but will wait till the ships come out currently have $151 farm cash with another 25 levels coming out that puts my total up to $176 plus FC from quests :)

annaH Dec 03 2016 04:13 AM

Thanks for all the great new stuff!
I thought I saw something about a cactus somewhere, but can't find it anywhere. Was I dreaming?

Aussie Rae Dec 03 2016 05:23 AM

thanks for the great update, looking forward to the ships and will wait patiently til they are released before making any decisions either way.. no point in stressing out or worrying.. just gives you heartburn and grey hairs, (ps... I already have all the grey hair I need, LOL)

Aussie Rae Dec 03 2016 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaH (Post 6116466)
Thanks for all the great new stuff!
I thought I saw something about a cactus somewhere, but can't find it anywhere. Was I dreaming?

I found Cactus by going to the Store and typing that in the search, found 3 listed, Prickly Pear Cactus costs 1,110 coins, harvests in 4 days, sells for 185 coins but at the moment there is no ? in the top right corner so its not currently used for anything.. Oh and they are classed as FLOWERS!! The Saguaro Cactus (with 4 arms) costs 100,000 coins and the Saguaro Cactus with 2 arms, costs the same. They are decorative items.:)

StoneFace Dec 03 2016 09:17 AM

so,

If the Cargo Ship(s) will cost coin.....

maybe I should really start accumulating coin.... just spent about 80Billion on expansions

I will have to post daily for the next two weeks, and maybe buy another hundred facilities..... ouch:eek:

jeannine_p Dec 03 2016 11:20 AM

personally, i think slashkey has made an excellent choice in making the ships coins. i know a lot of players on fixed incomes, but use this game for therapy, and why should they always have to miss out on the premium items simply because of a choice of groceries or game? many kudos to dev and team for making that decision. new trees... need more room to plant. can we drop some of those land expansion prices a little bit maybe? im starting to feel like i need to be friends with hugh hefner to upgrade a farm. lollll seriously tho, very happy with this update, well done dev team!!

ckerider Dec 03 2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conjetta (Post 6116318)
Will there be a way to OPT out of the whole boat thing? It seems like it will be much more involved than I have time for and I don't want to spend that much time on the game. I also don't want my neighbors having to wait on me to do anything. I want to farm. Period. I've been on farm town since 2009 and it would be awful to have to leave now because of being pushed to do something I don't want to do.

I agree with this completely. We spend enough time doing Farmtown and I don't want to HAVE to do anything that I feel is a waste of my time. I will wait until the "Ships" come to see how much work is involved. I do know that I have stopped contributing to the Neighborhood Chains contest simply because my group has only managed a 9 at best. Just not worth the effort! I have also played since 2009 but I have my limits as to what I am willing to do/buy in order to keep up with the game. Sounds like the 'SHIP THING" is not one of them so far.

Qivis Dec 03 2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6116482)
I found Cactus by going to the Store and typing that in the search, found 3 listed, Prickly Pear Cactus costs 1,110 coins, harvests in 4 days, sells for 185 coins but at the moment there is no ? in the top right corner so its not currently used for anything.. Oh and they are classed as FLOWERS!! The Saguaro Cactus (with 4 arms) costs 100,000 coins and the Saguaro Cactus with 2 arms, costs the same. They are decorative items.:)

As of when I tried to search for them around 8am eastern (US) time, search was not working for anything in the store. I am hoping the issue will be fixed by Monday if it has not been at this writing. Thanks for mentioning where you found the ones that are non-ingredients since it will make them easier to find directly. :)

Taz D Dec 03 2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6116590)
As of when I tried to search for them around 8am eastern (US) time, search was not working for anything in the store. I am hoping the issue will be fixed by Monday if it has not been at this writing. Thanks for mentioning where you found the ones that are non-ingredients since it will make them easier to find directly. :)

Hi Qivis,
I am not sure what issue you are talking about. The search in the store is working fine.

Qivis Dec 03 2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6116594)
Hi Qivis,
I am not sure what issue you are talking about. The search in the store is working fine.

As I said, it may have been a temporary glitch that was quickly fixed. Other temporary glitches have also occurred, but this is fairly normal shortly after an update and problems that I've seen in the last hour are not happening at the moment either. :)

MadamePondarosa Dec 03 2016 03:24 PM

Search

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6116598)
As I said, it may have been a temporary glitch that was quickly fixed. Other temporary glitches have also occurred, but this is fairly normal shortly after an update and problems that I've seen in the last hour are not happening at the moment either. :)

For me, the search function is up every update, but stabilise in among 2 days.

Now for the cactuses, they came in Nov release so not new now:)

tengunn Dec 03 2016 11:22 PM

Thanks for all the new goodies. Looking forward to the ship. I know they will work it out for us so that those who want can use it and enjoy it. Love this game after all these years.

Sandraneta Dec 03 2016 11:45 PM

Raul, A thousand thanks for the Jamaican restaurant, and all of the other goodies. You and your team continue to introduce remarkably creative elements to the game. It keeps the players intrigued. I have played for over 8 years and still look forward to the monthly updates. As a native Jamaican, I still look forward to a Jamaican flag in the flag shop. Because of the introduction of the Jamaican Resturant, hope springs eternal for the Jamaican flag. Again, thanks for everything.

dorissau Dec 04 2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckerider (Post 6116582)
I agree with this completely. We spend enough time doing Farmtown and I don't want to HAVE to do anything that I feel is a waste of my time. I will wait until the "Ships" come to see how much work is involved. I do know that I have stopped contributing to the Neighborhood Chains contest simply because my group has only managed a 9 at best. Just not worth the effort! I have also played since 2009 but I have my limits as to what I am willing to do/buy in order to keep up with the game. Sounds like the 'SHIP THING" is not one of them so far.

I am of the same mind. I left that "other" farm game because in order to build or add anything, you had to annoy your neighbors to death. This feels like the same thing. I don't think I want to nag my FT friends or get bugged by them either... 50 of them ??? wow. I'll will wait and see how obnoxious it gets.

nancyq2 Dec 05 2016 07:57 AM

Is there a reason we don't get notified when there are no update notices? Or will it always be on the first?

Tiger Dec 05 2016 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancyq2 (Post 6116802)
Is there a reason we don't get notified when there are no update notices? Or will it always be on the first?

Hi nancyq2,

The only game notification you get when there is a new release is a link above your game screen which, when you click on it, will bring you to the forum so you can read it. Releases are roughly once a month, they can be on different dates so no, not always on the 1st of the month.

PawPaw99 Dec 05 2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6116810)
Hi nancyq2,

The only game notification you get when there is a new release is a link above your game screen which, when you click on it, will bring you to the forum so you can read it. Releases are roughly once a month, they can be on different dates so no, not always on the 1st of the month.

Am I the only one that didn't get a notice this month or do I have others in my group of only finding out by exploring?

Tiger Dec 05 2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PawPaw99 (Post 6116962)
Am I the only one that didn't get a notice this month or do I have others in my group of only finding out by exploring?

Hi PawPaw99,

Everyone should have got a notice above their game screen. I'm sorry there is no way for us to be able to check on this.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the News and Announcements section for any updates.

Begonia Wildwind Dec 05 2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6116990)
Hi PawPaw99,

Everyone should have got a notice above their game screen. I'm sorry there is no way for us to be able to check on this.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the News and Announcements section for any updates.

I did not see a notice this month, either... No matter, though, I was watching for the update, and missed it by less than an hour! :D

nancyq2 Dec 05 2016 10:51 PM

Thanks for the response. I need to report then, I have not received the notice that a new update had been released for at least 3 months. I have heard from a teammate that she is having the same problem.

Qivis Dec 06 2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandraneta (Post 6116658)
Raul, A thousand thanks for the Jamaican restaurant, and all of the other goodies. You and your team continue to introduce remarkably creative elements to the game. It keeps the players intrigued. I have played for over 8 years and still look forward to the monthly updates. As a native Jamaican, I still look forward to a Jamaican flag in the flag shop. Because of the introduction of the Jamaican Resturant, hope springs eternal for the Jamaican flag. Again, thanks for everything.

Thanks, Sanraneta, for reminding me. Even though I am a United States citizen from birth, I am mostly Scottish. I'm overdue to check to see if they've added a Scots flag! :D

Qivis Dec 07 2016 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6116990)
Hi PawPaw99,

I have not gotten the notice the last couple months either. But when the time is coming for an update soon, I check my list of facilities for unowned items and the announcements in this forum.

Conjetta Dec 07 2016 02:10 PM

No answer since I posted this question. I'm still wondering if there is a way to opt out so your neighbors don't waste their time sending the ship to us. AND, what will be done if you don't have 50 active neighbors? Too many unanswered questions.