Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 10th, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637038)

leighwj1960 Jul 17 2018 09:52 AM

I have noticed that if the pop up for my ship is on the screen and I happen to be offline at the time either the game crashes or the button to open the ships won't work until I go back online. Then when I do go online the pop up closes and I have to go to my port manually to start the next container
When the pop up works I have a problem that when I start my next container I only have the option to close the screen and I can't check to see if any ships are in my port

Puzzle Pieces Jul 17 2018 08:27 PM

Yes i have tried all the known things to set this right . It has been longer then the last fix. it happens every fix for the last few months and then it starts to sort its self out and the "fix" things again and there it goes. Saying things are ready to harvest up to a whole day before they are ready. it is like the irrigate is stuck on all farms numbered 13-36

Taz D Jul 17 2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puzzle Pieces (Post 6251814)
Yes i have tried all the known things to set this right . It has been longer then the last fix. it happens every fix for the last few months and then it starts to sort its self out and the "fix" things again and there it goes. Saying things are ready to harvest up to a whole day before they are ready. it is like the irrigate is stuck on all farms numbered 13-36

Hi Puzzle Pieces,
I am sorry, but have not been able to duplicate this. Only thing I can suggest is you contact Support concerning this.

To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

marymarcel Jul 18 2018 08:13 PM

Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Info - July 18th, 7:30PM

- The "Disable Super Neighbour Farming" checkbox was getting unchecked randomly for some users.

Taz D Jul 20 2018 06:08 PM

Raul has just added the following:

Post-Release Info - July 20th, 6:50PM

- Fixed a few issues with ship notifications but it's possible that some issues are still present, if you find any, please report on this thread. In the next few days we will add a red X to the notification box so you'll have the option to not open the ship if your busy at the time.

- Additional performance improvements to farm loading times, specially heavy loaded farms.

Sqrl Jul 22 2018 04:09 PM

Harvesting animal buildings is very slow. It takes ages for the green Ready to Harvest to change to the time to next harvest. It wasn't like this before. Just saying.

Taz D Jul 22 2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sqrl (Post 6252534)
Harvesting animal buildings is very slow. It takes ages for the green Ready to Harvest to change to the time to next harvest. It wasn't like this before. Just saying.

Hi Sqrl,
We have not noticed any slowdown in animal shed harvesting. Are you harvesting 1 at a time or with the harvest tools through the Harvest All button? How much time is the delay?

Are you noticing any other delays in other things you are doing?

Sqrl Jul 22 2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6252538)
Hi Sqrl,
We have not noticed any slowdown in animal shed harvesting. Are you harvesting 1 at a time or with the harvest tools through the Harvest All button? How much time is the delay?

Are you noticing any other delays in other things you are doing?

One at a time. I can do a full page of them before any turn, and usually it's easiest either to close the facility manager and reopen it, or click them again. If I click them a second time, then they change. It's very odd.

Apart from that, working SN farms is like treacle after a while.

Taz D Jul 22 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sqrl (Post 6252546)
One at a time. I can do a full page of them before any turn, and usually it's easiest either to close the facility manager and reopen it, or click them again. If I click them a second time, then they change. It's very odd.

Apart from that, working SN farms is like treacle after a while.

Hi Sqrl,
We have not been able to duplicate this. Only thing I can suggest is try clearing your memcache. It could just have been a one time slowdown in your internet links. For the SN work, the longer you work the more data is stored in your computer memory and that can slow things down.

Sqrl Jul 22 2018 07:35 PM

Thanks, Taz. I will keep on clearing the memcache :).

JudyD1651 Jul 23 2018 03:56 PM

This is not working for me. e) When a Super Neighbour is hired for design, you can now use your own Excavator tool if the 'Allow Selling and Buying' option is enabled for you, this will allow big sections of the farm to be cleared up quickly by the designer

Tiger Jul 23 2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252610)
This is not working for me. e) When a Super Neighbour is hired for design, you can now use your own Excavator tool if the 'Allow Selling and Buying' option is enabled for you, this will allow big sections of the farm to be cleared up quickly by the designer

Hi JudyD1651,

You can not use the Excavtor for everything on the farm. For protection, this tool will never work with any FarmCash items and also any Buildings, Trains, Ships, Tools or Facilities.

Was it any of those you were trying to delete? If not please let us know what it was you were trying to delete and at what point it's not working for you.

slimpat Jul 24 2018 08:22 AM

I am having problems with planting today I wanted to plant broccoli and honeydew planted instead of broccoli twice Is anybody else having this problem or is it just me

Tiger Jul 24 2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimpat (Post 6252666)
I am having problems with planting today I wanted to plant broccoli and honeydew planted instead of broccoli twice Is anybody else having this problem or is it just me

Hi slimpat,

Were you planting on your own farms or as a super neighbour for someone else? If you were planting as an SN the following feature was added this release. If the farm owner has used this then no matter which one you pick to plant, the one they designated for the farm will be the one planted >>

2. Super Neighbour Manager: A new tool in the toolbox (above the Buddy List tool) to manage Super Neighbours at a global level. For now, this screen will allow you to set the crop that your Super Neighbours will be allowed to plant on each farm in case she is granted the planting permission.

JudyD1651 Jul 24 2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6252614)
Hi JudyD1651,

You can not use the Excavtor for everything on the farm. For protection, this tool will never work with any FarmCash items and also any Buildings, Trains, Ships, Tools or Facilities.

Was it any of those you were trying to delete? If not please let us know what it was you were trying to delete and at what point it's not working for you.

It has never worked for me or my neighbor who has designed on my farms. I have the correct boxes checked for Super Neighbor design mode. I understand it doesn't work for FarmCash items, they hide when you click on the Excavator. The items were flowers, trees, paths, etc.

Tiger Jul 24 2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252678)
It has never worked for me or my neighbor who has designed on my farms. I have the correct boxes checked for Super Neighbor design mode. I understand it doesn't work for FarmCash items, they hide when you click on the Excavator. The items were flowers, trees, paths, etc.

Hi JudyD1651,

You wouldn't have been able to do it before this release as it was not available then.

Are you sure you're on the farm they gave you permission to design?
I have just tried this on a farm i SN for that i have design permissions for. I was able to use the excavator on flowers, trees and paths without issues.

Is the excavator showing in the tool box and have they given you permissions for "Allow Buying and Selling Items with my coins" ? If you both do have that permission and it's not working, try removing the permissions, reload and reset them again.

JudyD1651 Jul 24 2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6252682)
Hi JudyD1651,

You wouldn't have been able to do it before this release as it was not available then.

I have just tried this on a farm i SN for that i have design permissions for. I was able to use the excavator on flowers, trees and paths without issues.

Is the excavator showing in the tool box and have they given you permissions for "Allow Buying and Selling Items with my coins" ? If you both do have that permission and it's not working, try removing the permissions, reload and reset them again.

I understand I wasn't able to do this before this release. It is showing in the tool box and the appropriate boxes have been checked. I will try it again as you suggested and let you know if it works or not. Thanks.

JudyD1651 Jul 24 2018 10:49 AM

It is now working. Thanks!

Tiger Jul 24 2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252690)
It is now working. Thanks!

Great, you are welcome, thank you for coming back to let us know :)

JudyD1651 Jul 24 2018 04:39 PM

I have another question about the use of the Excavator in the designer mode. Does the person designing on your farm have to have an Excavator too?

Tiger Jul 24 2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252734)
I have another question about the use of the Excavator in the designer mode. Does the person designing on your farm have to have an Excavator too?

Hi JudyD1651,

As long as you own it, and you have placed it in your storage, they can use yours on your farm.

JudyD1651 Jul 24 2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6252738)
Hi JudyD1651,

As long as you own it, and you have placed it in your storage, they can use yours on your farm.

A neighbor and I tried this, she doesn't have the Excavator but I do and it is in my storage. All the appropriate boxes are checked for designing and she went to the appropriate farm, the one with the red dot. She laid some paths down then used my Excavator to sell them, it went through the motions as if it worked but they were still on my farm. She reloaded and they were still there. She tried it again but it didn't work.

Taz D Jul 24 2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252802)
A neighbor and I tried this, she doesn't have the Excavator but I do and it is in my storage. All the appropriate boxes are checked for designing and she went to the appropriate farm, the one with the red dot. She laid some paths down then used my Excavator to sell them, it went through the motions as if it worked but they were still on my farm. She reloaded and they were still there. She tried it again but it didn't work.

Hi JudyD,
Tiger is not available at this time. Both of you need to try clearing the memcache and try again. Tiger did check this and it worked for her SN and they didn't have the excavator either, so had to use Tiger's.

JudyD1651 Jul 24 2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6252806)
Hi JudyD,
Tiger is not available at this time. Both of you need to try clearing the memcache and try again. Tiger did check this and it worked for her SN and they didn't have the excavator either, so had to use Tiger's.

We cleared memcache and tried again and it did not work.

Taz D Jul 24 2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252818)
We cleared memcache and tried again and it did not work.

Hi JudyD,
Try removing your settings for them as SN, reload and reset them again.

JudyD1651 Jul 24 2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6252822)
Hi JudyD,
Try removing your settings for them as SN, reload and reset them again.

We did as you suggested and it didn't work.

Taz D Jul 24 2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252826)
We did as you suggested and it didn't work.

Hi JudyD,
Then I don't know what else to tell you to try as we couldn't duplicate this. It worked for Tiger. Only thing I can suggest is to contact Support and let them see if they can duplicate it with you.

To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

JudyD1651 Jul 25 2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6252830)
Hi JudyD,
Then I don't know what else to tell you to try as we couldn't duplicate this. It worked for Tiger. Only thing I can suggest is to contact Support and let them see if they can duplicate it with you.

Thank you.

marymarcel Jul 25 2018 08:14 PM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Info - July 25th, 8:55PM

- The Container Ready notification message now includes a red X, in case your busy and don't want to open the ship at that time
- When loading farms, the "Loading Farm..." text will only show for a few seconds and then you should see a % progress indicator
- Increased maximum limit of each type of product in storage from 100 million to 200 million

- Super Neighbours related bug fixes:

a) Changing ground cover was triggering a timeout error
b) Excavator could not be used if only the owner of the farm had it in storage
c) Can not navigate to other farms if none of the farming permissions were set

Taz D Jul 25 2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252930)
Thank you.

Hi JudyD,
Check the latest additions by Raul. This applies to your problem.

amanda1955 Jul 25 2018 08:59 PM

U never seem to get xps for fishing

Taz D Jul 25 2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda1955 (Post 6252954)
U never seem to get xps for fishing

Hi Amanda,
You only get XP for fishing as part of your Job Completion Bonus when working for a stranger hired in the market or inn. This is exactly the way Raul put it in this release:

d) You can now earn XP for fishing as part of the Job Completion Bonus, same as with flowers and trees

JudyD1651 Jul 25 2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6252946)
Hi JudyD,
Check the latest additions by Raul. This applies to your problem.

Ahhhh...so this tells me the one designing and the one whose farm is being designed on have to have an Excavator. I always put tools in storage immediately after I purchase them.

Taz D Jul 25 2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6252970)
Ahhhh...so this tells me the one designing and the one whose farm is being designed on have to have an Excavator. I always put tools in storage immediately after I purchase them.

Hi JudyD,
Not exactly. That tells you that was the case, but they have now fixed it. Now even if only the owner of the farm has the excavator and it is in storage then it should work correctly.

JudyD1651 Jul 25 2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6252974)
Hi JudyD,
Not exactly. That tells you that was the case, but they have now fixed it. Now even if only the owner of the farm has the excavator and it is in storage then it should work correctly.

Ok thanks going to test it out. :)

bliky Jul 26 2018 07:53 AM

I'm guessing this is related to last night's update, since I haven't seen it before. When I go to a neighbors farm to work their facilities, all their farms show up as blue instead of just the ones that have facilities on them. When I go to one without any facilities, I don't even get a popup, just an empty screen. I have already tried running the memcache tool and clearing my browser cookies. This makes it more difficult to work my friends' facilities that are spread across multiple farms.

Tiger Jul 26 2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliky (Post 6253010)
I'm guessing this is related to last night's update, since I haven't seen it before. When I go to a neighbors farm to work their facilities, all their farms show up as blue instead of just the ones that have facilities on them. When I go to one without any facilities, I don't even get a popup, just an empty screen. I have already tried running the memcache tool and clearing my browser cookies. This makes it more difficult to work my friends' facilities that are spread across multiple farms.

Hi bliky,

By any chance are you super neighbour for them or they super neighbour for you? This is happening in those circumstances. We have reported this to the developers.

bliky Jul 26 2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6253018)
Hi bliky,

By any chance are you super neighbour for them or they super neighbour for you? This is happening in those circumstances. We have reported this to the developers.

Ah... Yes, I think I am for all the ones I worked today! Thanks!

marymarcel Jul 26 2018 08:25 PM

Raul has updated the New release with this information:

Post-Release Info - July 26th, 8:00PM

- Bugfix: When working neighbors facilities, sometimes all their farms show up as blue instead of just the ones with facilities on them.

cdnwitch Jul 28 2018 09:12 PM

container notification

Good evening,

I have not been getting the container done notification coming up the past few days. Funny how reliant I have become on it to remind me to fill the next one.

Thanks

Terri