Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 03, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315150)

Raul Apr 03 2010 12:20 AM

New Release -- April 03, 2010

Hey there,

This release add support for a 3rd farm. Here are the details:

1. To buy the 3rd Farm, you need to have the 2nd Farm already

2. You can buy the 3rd farm in:

a. Farm Cash: 40 Farm cash for a 12x12 farm and 20 Farm cash for each additional upgrade. Notice this is 50% cheaper compared to when we launched the 2nd farm. Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

b. Coins: 1000000 coins for a 12x12 farm, but you need to have at least 30 neighbours

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

cletis Apr 03 2010 12:25 AM

Really getting tired of things being based on the amount of neighbors you have.

auntmomof4 Apr 03 2010 12:28 AM

can i move my facilities from one farm to another by putting them in storage?

Capt. Conor Apr 03 2010 12:30 AM

Thanks Raul,

Double T Dude Ranch Apr 03 2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntmomof4 (Post 3358966)

Yes you can :)

JAS0643 Apr 03 2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntmomof4 (Post 3358966)

Yes you can BUT make sure they are not producing anything or have anything you need to collect before you put it in storage as you will lose all of it if you don't. Once the facility is not working click on it and click on add to storage then go to the farm you want to move it too and bring it out of storage and place it where you want too.

Thank you for the 3rd farm I have already bought it and can't wait to start using it.

Tom C Apr 03 2010 12:43 AM

Can you move animals from one farm to another?

JanMac57 Apr 03 2010 12:48 AM

Love you devs! Doing a happy dance on my new industrial farm!!!!! Now can I exercise restraint and bring it up in size gradually???? Probably not! Thank you!
:D :D :D

Double T Dude Ranch Apr 03 2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 3359038)
Can you move animals from one farm to another?

No you cannot. Friends can gift them to you and you can open them on the farm you want them to be on.

Double T Dude Ranch Apr 03 2010 12:53 AM

Oh yeah...thanks Raul :) A perfect spot to place all my new facilities :D

Wilde Lily Apr 03 2010 01:17 AM

Thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

amberdh Apr 03 2010 01:29 AM

Wow. This new release is in the future. It is still April 2nd at my house!! lol

Thanks Devs!

kiwirick Apr 03 2010 02:26 AM

Many thanks to Raul for helping me with the X025 error, and to all the devs & mods who help with the game. Big thanks to Molly, Ellshere & double t, for their help and advise to us all.

essexboy Apr 03 2010 02:54 AM

cheers for the 3rd farm option.its great and ive already got the 12 by 12 size.:)

jmwilkes Apr 03 2010 03:32 AM

New farm available

Like other users I am annoyed that the third farm is restricted by the number of neighbours you have. I am level 80 and have two fully developed farms was really looking forward to being able to buy another farm.

Maybe those of us without enough neighbours should all stop playing in protest.

Come on developers be fair!!!!!!!!!!!

anotherfarmer Apr 03 2010 03:42 AM

Thank YOU, well it has NOT been all about just farming to me its been about making friend all around the world and in saying that i make friends along with playing this GAME and with making friends i made neighbours so I have enough.......... its a game, its free obviously it gives us lots of fun and laughs so I have NO complaints at all........ so again thank you

silky Apr 03 2010 04:00 AM

Thanks! will we be able to keep upgrading the size like we have with the other 2 farms? cant wait to start decorating!!!!

kiwirick Apr 03 2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmwilkes (Post 3359430)
Like other users I am annoyed that the third farm is restricted by the number of neighbours you have. I am level 80 and have two fully developed farms was really looking forward to being able to buy another farm.

Maybe those of us without enough neighbours should all stop playing in protest.

Come on developers be fair!!!!!!!!!!!

level 80 and less than 30 neighbours??? Come on. help those lower down the levels,. Help yourself by visiting your neighbors and gaining more fuel. Help yourself by inviting people to help you with your facilities. Help yourself better yourself by meeting people from all round the world.

Just my thoughts.

I enjoy meeting new people, online and in person. I enjoy helping people with their farms, and people suggesting ideas to me. Try meeting at least one new person a week, and learning who they are, and what they like.

anotherfarmer Apr 03 2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirick (Post 3359486)
level 80 and less than 30 neighbours??? Come on. help those lower down the levels,. Help yourself by visiting your neighbors and gaining more fuel. Help yourself by inviting people to help you with your facilities. Help yourself better yourself by meeting people from all round the world.

Just my thoughts.

I enjoy meeting new people, online and in person. I enjoy helping people with their farms, and people suggesting ideas to me. Try meeting at least one new person a week, and learning who they are, and what they like.

100% agree.............clap clap clap lol

rkneale Apr 03 2010 04:24 AM

purchased my 3rd farm and upgraded up to 16x16 but not getting xp for them.....can anyone help with this?

Charo Apr 03 2010 04:27 AM

Yay!!! I knew it was coming when I saw the space for picking farms to harvest/plow got bigger. ;)

Thank you!!

MinkyMillie Apr 03 2010 04:38 AM

I am annoyed too jmwilkes .... was looking forward to having a 3rd farm and think it is unfair that we can only purchase one if one has 30 neighbours (i have 17) or buy one of the promotions ... whilst if your currency is dollars no penalties at all. Remarks made in response to your post cannot even be bothered responding too but i'm all right Jack springs to mind. Going to harvest what is growing then that is it ... sad cos have enjoyed it.

kiwirick Apr 03 2010 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinkyMillie (Post 3359570)
I am annoyed too jmwilkes .... was looking forward to having a 3rd farm and think it is unfair that we can only purchase one if one has 30 neighbours (i have 17) or buy one of the promotions ... whilst if your currency is dollars no penalties at all. Remarks made in response to your post cannot even be bothered responding too but i'm all right Jack springs to mind. Going to harvest what is growing then that is it ... sad cos have enjoyed it.

MinkyMillie, feel free to add me as a neighbor, get more active neighbors as you will need em for planting etc, but don't give this up. awesome game, and look how long it took you to get where you are.

Charo Apr 03 2010 05:09 AM

I have a question. If we drop below 30 neighbors, does our 3rd farm go away?

krbrown2000 Apr 03 2010 05:25 AM

So do I understand it right? If you use farm cash, it doesn't matter how many neighbors you have? But if you buy it with coins, you have to have 30 neighbors? I hope that's right, because I'll never have 30 neighbors! But, doing that app of the day thing, I'll eventually have the farm cash!

Thanks for the upgrades!

Filletutta Apr 03 2010 05:31 AM

3. farm

I love this, thanks alot :)

kiwirick Apr 03 2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krbrown2000 (Post 3359654)
So do I understand it right? If you use farm cash, it doesn't matter how many neighbors you have? But if you buy it with coins, you have to have 30 neighbors? I hope that's right, because I'll never have 30 neighbors! But, doing that app of the day thing, I'll eventually have the farm cash!

Thanks for the upgrades!

Add me as a neighbour. The more the merrier. Helps you with third farm. Helps others.

JemimaPuddleduck Apr 03 2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinkyMillie (Post 3359570)

Sadly I agree, I came for the game, have said before it is not right or safe to add so many strangers to facebook in order to get more priveledges and nowq another farm when surely perserverance and loyalty to the game should suffice, many people have now left, i've read of people losing many neigbours due to lack of interest so now.? . we are being used as a tool to bring more people back? and what exactly are we bringing them back to?? oh of course.. suppose its the modern trend now to use people for own sole benefit... bad practice !!!!
and why should we have to install daily applications that misues our info (yes they do !!!)

sorry but nope.. was fun, always did say you are again being too punitive for farmers who want to play the game.. and njo its not about the social side, maybe a year ago yes.. but these days.. pffft no one says hello or thankkyou.. seems general interest in game is now replaced by greed :( and self gain..
cheers

kiwirick Apr 03 2010 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemimaPuddleduck (Post 3359770)
Sadly I agree, I came for the game, have said before it is not right or safe to add so many strangers to facebook in order to get more priveledges and nowq another farm when surely perserverance and loyalty to the game should suffice, many people have now left, i've read of people losing many neigbours due to lack of interest so now.? . we are being used as a tool to bring more people back? and what exactly are we bringing them back to?? oh of course.. suppose its the modern trend now to use people for own sole benefit... bad practice !!!!
and why should we have to install daily applications that misues our info (yes they do !!!)

sorry but nope.. was fun, always did say you are again being too punitive for farmers who want to play the game.. and njo its not about the social side, maybe a year ago yes.. but these days.. pffft no one says hello or thankkyou.. seems general interest in game is now replaced by greed :( and self gain..
cheers

Hi Hon, (Hope the PC police dont get me, and no offense meant). I'm in New Zealand and play on dailup. average connection in 28.8k I have added a lot of people from around the world as friends for this game, BUT have also blocked them from facebook, but allowed them for this game. Yes I am greedy for this game...MY NAME IS RICK AND I AM ADDICTED. if you like the game, there are ways for you to play. don't give it away unless you want to.

toonsarah Apr 03 2010 06:12 AM

Please please please reconsider about the 30 neighbour rule. I am desperate to get a 3rd farm and was so excited when I saw the announcement, only to be knocked back by that limit. I'm not being anti-social as some here have suggested - I struggle to keep 11 neighbours to allow me to hire plowers because every time I reach that number some give up the game and I have to look for others. 30 is way too many in my opinion and you'll lose a lot of support. Maybe you could make it cheaper for those who have more neighbours but still possible for those of us who have fewer? I would happily save coins up to 3 million if it meant I could have another farm for all the facilities!

And yes, I know I could pay with coins but I prefer not to do that. Had I known this would happen I would not have wasted the coins I've been given on buying buildings so another possibility might be if I could swap those to get my coins back to purchase the farm?

kiwirick Apr 03 2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonsarah (Post 3359822)
Please please please reconsider about the 30 neighbour rule. I am desperate to get a 3rd farm and was so excited when I saw the announcement, only to be knocked back by that limit. I'm not being anti-social as some here have suggested - I struggle to keep 11 neighbours to allow me to hire plowers because every time I reach that number some give up the game and I have to look for others. 30 is way too many in my opinion and you'll lose a lot of support. Maybe you could make it cheaper for those who have more neighbours but still possible for those of us who have fewer? I would happily save coins up to 3 million if it meant I could have another farm for all the facilities!

And yes, I know I could pay with coins but I prefer not to do that. Had I known this would happen I would not have wasted the coins I've been given on buying buildings so another possibility might be if I could swap those to get my coins back to purchase the farm?

feel free to add me as a neighbor :)

dinoe Apr 03 2010 06:28 AM

This is totally ridiculous.requiring you to have 30 neighbors for 3rd farm or all that farm cash.Why ? being a level 80 an no increase in levels is boring enough,harvest, plow,harvest plow bla bla. im losing neighbors as it is now.Having both farms harvested today an thats it.When f. t. comes to its senses then i will come back to farming.

ojwulff Apr 03 2010 06:31 AM

Having a challenge in the game is great. So, requiring neighbors is a nice function of the game. It's very easy to round up neighbors.

Molly Mew Apr 03 2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirick (Post 3359310)
Many thanks to Raul for helping me with the X025 error, and to all the devs & mods who help with the game. Big thanks to Molly, Ellshere & double t, for their help and advise to us all.

That's nice of you to say, Rick, I'll make sure the others see this too.
Thank you. :)

And thanks to Raul for yet another fantastic update.
:D

secannon Apr 03 2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinoe (Post 3359850)
This is totally ridiculous.requiring you to have 30 neighbors for 3rd farm or all that farm cash.Why ? being a level 80 an no increase in levels is boring enough,harvest, plow,harvest plow bla bla. im losing neighbors as it is now.Having both farms harvested today an thats it.When f. t. comes to its senses then i will come back to farming.

I agree that the 30 neighbours requirement is ridiculous. I do NOT want to add total strangers as Facebook friends, thus giving them access to my wall, contact info, etc. Now, if I could have people as Farm Town neighbours WITHOUT having to add them as Facebook friends, it would be different. But I only add people I know as Facebook friends. Developers, either change the ridiculous 30 neighbours requirement, or let us add neighbours without having to add them as Facebook friends!

KayGee Apr 03 2010 07:36 AM

As with many others, I am a bit disgusted about the neighbor rule. Don't have 30, don't want 30. My question is this. If I bite the bullet and buy the 3rd farm, will the upgrades be locked to me to buy with coins? In other words, does the 30 neighbor rule apply just to the initial 12X12, or do you have to pay farm cash for the upgrades if you're one of those antisocial people who don't want people all over the world seeing your friend list? I have tons of coins since I am a loyal and diligent participant in the game.

LoreneC Apr 03 2010 07:44 AM

I dont have neighbors for a 3rd farm either, level 80 etc.

It is OK!

Gosh, all FB games have a neighbor requirement it is just the way it is.

What I do have is two full farms, fun facilites, harvest buddies I work with every day. I can make lots of coins with two full size farms.

My glass is half full!!

Gisli Apr 03 2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 3358906)
Hey there,

This release add support for a 3rd farm. Here are the details:

1. To buy the 3rd Farm, you need to have the 2nd Farm already

2. You can buy the 3rd farm in:

a. Farm Cash: 40 Farm cash for a 12x12 farm and 20 Farm cash for each additional upgrade. Notice this is 50% cheaper compared to when we launched the 2nd farm. Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

b. Coins: 1000000 coins for a 12x12 farm, but you need to have at least 30 neighbours

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Is the offer for free Farm Cash by downloading the application of the day only available for certain countries? The list in the Earn Coins tab is always empty for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by secannon (Post 3360110)
I agree that the 30 neighbours requirement is ridiculous. I do NOT want to add total strangers as Facebook friends, thus giving them access to my wall, contact info, etc. Now, if I could have people as Farm Town neighbours WITHOUT having to add them as Facebook friends, it would be different. But I only add people I know as Facebook friends. Developers, either change the ridiculous 30 neighbours requirement, or let us add neighbours without having to add them as Facebook friends!

I am like you, I don't like adding strangers to my facebook account. But it's easy to block all information from people on facebook. I have made a list of the farm town forum neighbours, and the people on that list don't have access to anything on my profile. They can see what my name is but that's it, they can't see my contact details, my photos etc.

SallyL Apr 03 2010 08:00 AM

Thanks

Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul[/quote]
Thank you for the third farm. As soon as I get more farm cash I will buy more facilities and put them on there.:)
I don't get app of the day every day. I go and check and sometimes several days goes by. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Not complaining.

Patricia Arlene Apr 03 2010 08:12 AM

Thirty neighbors seems like a lot to me.