Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions About Cargo Ships (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626306)

StoneFace Dec 12 2016 07:25 AM

Discussions About Cargo Ships

It is a great move by the devs to bring the Cargo enhancement to the players for coin, and not for a ton of Farm Cash....

I think the cost will be much more than the $3-5 million coin for some of the facilities at each release.......... but..... no where near the $15-20 Billion coin required for the larger expansions of the farms.

so.... to bide the time till our ships come in.... (which I think, IMHO, will be in the next 24 hours).... what do you think will be the coin requirment for the ships or other items that might be available in the initial startup of this new addition to the game?

My guess... about $10 million for "minor" enhancements.... and maybe $20 million for ships.

We will know for sure soon.... soon.... soon:rolleyes:

marymarcel Dec 12 2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 6118266)
It is a great move by the devs to bring the Cargo enhancement to the players for coin, and not for a ton of Farm Cash....

I think the cost will be much more than the $3-5 million coin for some of the facilities at each release.......... but..... no where near the $15-20 Billion coin required for the larger expansions of the farms.

so.... to bide the time till our ships come in.... (which I think, IMHO, will be in the next 24 hours).... what do you think will be the coin requirment for the ships or other items that might be available in the initial startup of this new addition to the game?

My guess... about $10 million for "minor" enhancements.... and maybe $20 million for ships.

We will know for sure soon.... soon.... soon:rolleyes:

Hi Stone Face:)

I moved your post to General Feedback forum so you will all be free to post your thoughts about ships.

ftjill Dec 12 2016 09:45 AM

hmmmm...well...maybe 8 million for the first ship. Each additional ship will cost more than the one before. Each container will cost about the same as a train car.

I hope there will be a container that carries arabic gum. And one for animal products like cow milk and hen eggs.

I think Thursday for the ships.

summerlad Dec 22 2016 07:21 PM

are the ships operational yet? I don't find a tool for them...not sure how that's going to develop....will it just appear? thanks

Taz D Dec 22 2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerlad (Post 6120302)
are the ships operational yet? I don't find a tool for them...not sure how that's going to develop....will it just appear? thanks

Hi summerlad,
No the ships are not operational yet. You will find all the current information about them in the latest release thread in the News and Announcements section.

sizzlinsssandi Dec 23 2016 12:41 AM

If we want to only send certain containers on each ship are we allowed to do that, or does it require all the containers in order to send it out?

LazyMare Dec 23 2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi (Post 6120414)
If we want to only send certain containers on each ship are we allowed to do that, or does it require all the containers in order to send it out?

Hi Sandi

From the New Release http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626130

"" - You have a maximum of 24 hours to prepare as many containers as you can and then Dispatch the Ship. ""

So I would think that you can prepare as many as you want to or have time to.
You have to send it within 24 hours from starting to prepare it

ClaytinPA Dec 23 2016 06:31 AM

The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(

marymarcel Dec 23 2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytinPA (Post 6120506)
The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(

Hi ClaytinPA:)

You dont have to start all 10 containers. You can choose the ones you need more products and just start them. If you only want to start one container, then you will be ready to dispatch your ship.:)

skinni Dec 23 2016 08:41 AM

So about the ships. Can I buy 2 different color ships and get them both ready and then just launch 1 each day or do I have to wait to prep them 1 a day. If i have to wait and only prep 1 a day what's the point in getting more than 1 ship.