Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

dnana Nov 18 2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy 11 (Post 5899978)
Thanks for your reply. The last time I stopped questing for 6 days I was told my new time frame would commence as soon as I COMPLETED a quest. However, as soon as I collected 3 completed quests (3 days after I returned) the COLLECT REWARDS bar turned blue and I received 1 FC. Is that what you are saying? If so, that's fine - Is the quota for 1 FC, not for 2, and then the week, as you said, starts over from there? It's NOT a big deal, but I sure would like to understand it. Again, thanks for replying. Happy questing!

Hi, grammy, let me esplain. :) Your new quest week starts when you collect FC, either 1 or 2, so whatever day you collect will be the first day of your new week and a week later, your 7 days will be up on the same day and the blue light will go on. The collect button turned blue after you took a break because 7 days had gone by and then you collected the coins for 3 quests. You did not have to take 1 FC at that time, you could have kept going and tried to get 8, but sometimes it's better to take the 1 FC and start over clean with a new week. The quests are timed to the second, so you don't want to take a chance on having them drop off while you are trying to finish more. See my sig for the name of a timing program (not supported by Slashkey, it's an outside developer) that really helps me keep track of exactly when my quests will start to drop off and let me know if you have any questions! :)

George61136 Nov 29 2014 10:08 AM

Quests: Keep extra completed quests

Currently, you have to wait 7 days from the completion time of a quest to collect Farm Town Caash. If I complete 3 quests in 3 days, I still need to wait for "day 7" to collect. If I complete 4 more in the extra days, and then claim the 1 FT Cash for the first three, I lose the later 4, which is very unfair.

We should be given the option to collect the FT Cash when the third quest is completed. That way, we can get the rewards we are earning, without sacrificing anything or waiting 7 days to start a new quest

marymarcel Nov 29 2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George61136 (Post 5904522)
Currently, you have to wait 7 days from the completion time of a quest to collect Farm Town Caash. If I complete 3 quests in 3 days, I still need to wait for "day 7" to collect. If I complete 4 more in the extra days, and then claim the 1 FT Cash for the first three, I lose the later 4, which is very unfair.

We should be given the option to collect the FT Cash when the third quest is completed. That way, we can get the rewards we are earning, without sacrificing anything or waiting 7 days to start a new quest

Hi George:)

It will be better if you post your suggestion in our Suggestion Section, you cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to the open thread for Quests suggestions.

About your problem saving quests, I dont have all facilities so not all weeks I can collect 2 farmcash. So some weeks, I only complete and collect coins for 3 quests and then open the others but not complete the last step for them after the following day from collecting cash. Of course you need to check when those quests expire, but now, you can check how long to collect farmcash again, by clicking in Claim farmcash button when it is still black. You will see how many days or hours you need to wait to collect again and then check your open quests to be sure they will not expire before your collection time.:)

Dulcinea Nov 30 2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George61136 (Post 5904522)

I couldn't agree more. I lost my FC reward by being busy with real life and not being able to log in and collect on the right day. When I was able to log in, one of my completed requests had disappeared! and I was down to only 2 completed quests, after having completed three and waiting for the seven days to pass so I could collect my FC. Totally discouraging. ;_;

Phonetek Dec 05 2014 12:17 PM

What's the deal here?

Why is it that to finish the final step of a quest that it is required to finish it with a facility you don't have? The facility is 32 Farmcash and I don't have it nor can I afford to buy it. I'd rather buy Christmas gifts for my 3 kids. Since the whole point of doing quests is to earn Farmcash it's rather unfair and a crock to do this especially to your loyal players since this game first hit Facebook. This needs to change or I'm done with this game and I'm sure many others won't be far behind. What are you going to do about this travesty?

Phonetek Dec 05 2014 12:29 PM

Seriously?

Instead of answering my previous post it was moved to page 151 in a thread? Who is going to go through that many pages to see it? One more thing, I seen others who said to just let the quest expire we will get a new quest. Well, since you have to get so many completed in order to earn Farmcash then how many quests will end in this fashion? Enough quests to keep us from earning it? That's dangling the carrot just out of reach of the rabbit if you ask me.

Taz D Dec 05 2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phonetek (Post 5906454)
Why is it that to finish the final step of a quest that it is required to finish it with a facility you don't have? The facility is 32 Farmcash and I don't have it nor can I afford to buy it. I'd rather buy Christmas gifts for my 3 kids. Since the whole point of doing quests is to earn Farmcash it's rather unfair and a crock to do this especially to your loyal players since this game first hit Facebook. This needs to change or I'm done with this game and I'm sure many others won't be far behind. What are you going to do about this travesty?

Hi Phonetek,
I moved your post to the thread concerning Quest Feedback. I am sorry this has happened to you, but the quests are given out randomly and not based on what facilities you have or don't have. There will be times when you get a quest that you don't have the facility to complete it. You are shown what facility is needed for the last step, so if you don't have that facility you can decide to buy or not and if not then don't work on that quest and let it expire.
If you wish to make a suggestion for this to change then feel free to put that in the Suggestion section. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion, in this case there is a thread for quest suggestions.

Phonetek Dec 05 2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phonetek (Post 5906462)
Instead of answering my previous post it was moved to page 151 in a thread? Who is going to go through that many pages to see it? One more thing, I seen others who said to just let the quest expire we will get a new quest. Well, since you have to get so many completed in order to earn Farmcash then how many quests will end in this fashion? Enough quests to keep us from earning it? That's dangling the carrot just out of reach of the rabbit if you ask me.

I stand by ^^^ this post. Each "Random" quest should take into account what Farmcash a farmer owns. I doubt it would take a genius to program such a thing to keep things fair. Besides, hypothetically say I buy the farmcash to buy this facility for 32 farmash to keep the effort put into it in order to complete the quest. It would take hundreds of quests to break even. I dunno Taz, I don't think any response you give will take away the feeling of getting taken. I think everyone plays the game to have fun an things like this sure take all the fun out of it. I guess since I don't see this something that will be fixed I'll stop complaining and move on to bigger and better things.

Taz D Dec 05 2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phonetek (Post 5906478)
I stand by ^^^ this post. Each "Random" quest should take into account what Farmcash a farmer owns. I doubt it would take a genius to program such a thing to keep things fair. Besides, hypothetically say I buy the farmcash to buy this facility for 32 farmash to keep the effort put into it in order to complete the quest. It would take hundreds of quests to break even. I dunno Taz, I don't think any response you give will take away the feeling of getting taken. I think everyone plays the game to have fun an things like this sure take all the fun out of it. I guess since I don't see this something that will be fixed I'll stop complaining and move on to bigger and better things.

Hi Phonetek,
As I said above you can put your idea in the Suggestions section and hope the developers make the change. It is up to them if they think it is a good idea.

yanafree Dec 05 2014 03:09 PM

DO NOT finish the last box in the quest if you are not going to have the 8 you need for that week. Save the last load for the next week and then you can get 8 for the next week. Do not finish all your quest unless you know you're going to get 8 in that 7 days. If you will have 3 quest for the 7 days, save the last box in other quest for the next week to add up to 8. :)