Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Hiring and Bonus Chest (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612686)

marymarcel Oct 30 2013 07:03 AM

Hiring and Bonus Chest

This thread is for reporting problems concerning Hiring and Bonus Chest.

Please read the Game Guide Chapter 10 - Hiring before you post in this thread.

Important Things To Remember:

Hiring neighbors,buddies or strangers:

Harvesting crops, trees, flowers and chopping trees:

Neighbors/Buddies - If you hire a neighbor or buddy you will receive a large box instead of a normal box. The benefit of a large box is only if you go to the market place to sell the item, there is no benefit of a large box in loading factories.

Strangers - If you hire a stranger from the market place you will receive 1 regular box and 1 large box.

Remember: You only receive products for harvesting and NOT experience points.

Plowing fields: You will receive 1 XP for each plot that is plowed no matter who does the plowing.

Doing your own plowing it cost 20 coins.

Neighbors/friends - When you hire a neighbor/friend it costs 10 coins per plot to plow.

Strangers - When you hire a stranger it costs 15 coins per plot to plow.

Fishing: You would get the same amount of fish whether you fish your waters or if you hire someone. If you have bait you will receive double the fish caught.

When you are hired to work other people farms, you will get the following:

Crops: When you harvest crops for someone else you will receive 25% of the selling price of the crop that you are harvesting and you will receive 10% of the crop that you are harvesting. You don't receive experience points for harvesting crops.

Trees, flowers and fishing: When you harvest trees, flowers, chop trees or fish you will get 100% of the selling price instead of 25% like you get for the crops, since the crops you would receive more coins when selling, this was changed to try and balance out what the employee received for trees, flowers and fishing. You will also receive 50% of what you harvest, chop or fish compared to the 10% for the crops.

Plowing: When you plow someone else's farm you gain 5 coins and get 1 XP for each plot you plow.

Bonus Chest:

The Bonus Chest can only be claimed if you are hired by a stranger and you must be hired in the Marketplace. If you are hired by a neighbor or buddy you will not be able to earn the Bonus Chest.

When you are hired by a stranger from the market place, you can earn a bonus from the Bonus Chest that will be located in the upper left corner just under where the coins and fuel are located. To be able to collect from the Bonus Chest you must complete ALL of the work on that farm that you are hired to do. If you don't see anymore work, but the Bonus Chest is saying there is more work to complete, you can do the following to see if there is something that is hidden:
  • Reload the current farm. Make sure that it is the current farm only, if you click on a different farm that will end the Bonus Chest on the farm you were working on.
  • The eye icon in the bottom right corner set it to hidden (eye is fully closed) if it is not already set to hidden.
  • For each task you are hired to do, pick up each of the corresponding single tools and see if there is any work that needs to be completed.

IMPORTANT! IF you only have ONE farm to work or you are on the LAST farm to work and you are going back to your own farm instead of back to the market, you must still click the bonus chest BEFORE you leave in order to collect it.

*** Remember that the Bonus Chest can only be earned if you are hired by a stranger in the market place. If you are hired by a neighbor or buddy you will not get a Bonus Chest. ***

For Suggestions on Hiring post in Ways to Improve the hiring process

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Farmer Donner Mar 16 2021 12:12 PM

Harvesting trees and flowers for others not counting

When I harvest or cut trees and do flowers on other farms I am getting no experience nor am I getting any of the crop. Is this a permanent change to FT or just mine not working properly? If you need my # I will send it to you privately.

Taz D Mar 16 2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer Donner (Post 6435314)
When I harvest or cut trees and do flowers on other farms I am getting no experience nor am I getting any of the crop. Is this a permanent change to FT or just mine not working properly? If you need my # I will send it to you privately.

Hi Farmer Donner,
I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring. You do not get experience for harvesting. To see the products added to your storage you may have to restart your farms to get them to update.
You can see what you get when working for a neighbor in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

tuthfairy Apr 15 2021 01:18 AM

Missing XP

I just was hired from the market and worked on about 30 some farms, harvesting and plowing all crops. As it turns out, I did not get any XP for this what so ever. Why did this happen and what can be done to fix this?
Thank you,
tuthfairy--Cheri
My user ID is 689706424

Tiger Apr 15 2021 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuthfairy (Post 6441182)
I just was hired from the market and worked on about 30 some farms, harvesting and plowing all crops. As it turns out, I did not get any XP for this what so ever. Why did this happen and what can be done to fix this?
Thank you,
tuthfairy--Cheri
My user ID is 689706424

Hi tuthfairy,

I have moved your post to the hiring thread. Thank you for your ID.

At the time of this post, your data shows your xp has increased quite a bit today from yesterday and that you have also been getting extra xp as part of the bonus chest when you claim those.

Some have found that when working quickly the XP doesn't always show as added right away. If this is what is happening and it doesn't look like it's corrected when you return home after a job, try reloading the game and it should update.

madennison Apr 19 2021 06:45 AM

When working on someones farm and you are kicked off for some reason can we have the opertunity to return & finish the job

marymarcel Apr 19 2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madennison (Post 6441974)
When working on someones farm and you are kicked off for some reason can we have the opertunity to return & finish the job

Hi madennison :)

I moved your post from Suggestions to Hiring thread in Help & Support to be able to answer you.

We already have this option. Please read the following information from our Game Guide:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...42#post6236742

GRB Apr 29 2021 09:00 AM

When I click on MAP to try to go to Job Marketplace, I just stay on my farm. The Status bar (S, H, W & M) does appear on screen. Any known issue with this?

marymarcel Apr 29 2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB (Post 6444274)
When I click on MAP to try to go to Job Marketplace, I just stay on my farm. The Status bar (S, H, W & M) does appear on screen. Any known issue with this?

Hi GRB :)

Please clear your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and try to go to market again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesnt work for you, then clear your browser cache. Take in mind the first time you load the game for the first time after the clearing, it will load slower as all graphics need to be loaded again.

GRB Apr 29 2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6444278)
Hi GRB :)

Please clear your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and try to go to market again.

If that doesnt work for you, then clear your browser cache. Take in mind the first time you load the game for the first time after the clearing, it will load slower as all graphics need to be loaded again.

THANKS, that did the trick

marymarcel Apr 29 2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB (Post 6444282)
THANKS, that did the trick

You are welcome GRB :)

leighwj1960 May 18 2021 07:49 AM

Twice yesterday I tried to hire someone from the Marketplace, the status bar turned yellow and I received the message that they were busy. About 10 or 20 minutes later I received a message from that same person that they were accepting the job and heading to my farm. Unfortunately for them I had already hired someone who had already done the work and my Super Neighbor was working on doing the planting

marymarcel May 18 2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leighwj1960 (Post 6447146)
Twice yesterday I tried to hire someone from the Marketplace, the status bar turned yellow and I received the message that they were busy. About 10 or 20 minutes later I received a message from that same person that they were accepting the job and heading to my farm. Unfortunately for them I had already hired someone who had already done the work and my Super Neighbor was working on doing the planting

Hi leighwj :)

As you got that problem twice, then please report it to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you do not find the automatic response then read the following instructions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Grasshopper12455 May 21 2021 10:30 AM

MARKET HIRING messed up

I hired someone in the market. It did not show that they accepted my request but they showed up on my farm as working. When I go to my farm and click on them I get the popup that should only appear when you're in the market place, asking if I want to hire for multiple, etc. It does not give a name for the person working...says 'someone' has harvested pineapple, etc.

Taz D May 21 2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grasshopper12455 (Post 6447642)
I hired someone in the market. It did not show that they accepted my request but they showed up on my farm as working. When I go to my farm and click on them I get the popup that should only appear when you're in the market place, asking if I want to hire for multiple, etc. It does not give a name for the person working...says 'someone' has harvested pineapple, etc.

Hi Grasshopper,
I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring.

SOmetimes the pop up may get lost in the transfer. As this requires data transfer between you and the hire then that has to go through Facebook.

You should still see the hire part of the menu as that would allow you to rehire and add more work while they are on your farm. You would even see that if your click on a neighbor.
Again the name for the individual would be data from Facebook and apparently that did not transfer correctly.

hellzfury May 22 2021 08:49 AM

Hiring @ Marketplace

Everytime I go to the Marketplace, to hire someone, it is real slow, my screen will freeze up, it goes black, then within a few seconds I am back at my home page on my computer. Telling me Chrome didnt shut down correctly---this has been going on ever since we have been able to hire people. I have been able to hire some, but it is really slow. I use a mouse and it seems that when I try to hire someone, the mouse moves really slow . It is like there is an overlay and you are trying to find the gap, So most of the time I have to do my own farming. Is this a problem that anyone else is having?

GRB May 22 2021 09:03 AM

I ask a person to work on my farm. I am guessing they never saw it. They turned Yellow. So I hired someone else. About 2 or 3 minutes into someone else working my farm. the first person that I attempted to hire finally accepted the job. Makes me look bad that I hired multiple people (which I NEVER do). Is there some timing issue or am I going to get the standard answer about data transfer going through facebook

Taz D May 22 2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellzfury (Post 6447798)
Everytime I go to the Marketplace, to hire someone, it is real slow, my screen will freeze up, it goes black, then within a few seconds I am back at my home page on my computer. Telling me Chrome didnt shut down correctly---this has been going on ever since we have been able to hire people. I have been able to hire some, but it is really slow. I use a mouse and it seems that when I try to hire someone, the mouse moves really slow . It is like there is an overlay and you are trying to find the gap, So most of the time I have to do my own farming. Is this a problem that anyone else is having?

Hi Hellzfury,
That sounds like your Chrome or your computer is having a problem of some kind. Make sure your computer and Chrome are up to date. You might also try uninstalling and reinstalling your Chrome to correct any problems in it.
Another thing you should try is to clear your browser cache. When you do this it will take longer to load the first time because it has to download all the graphics again.

Taz D May 22 2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB (Post 6447802)
I ask a person to work on my farm. I am guessing they never saw it. They turned Yellow. So I hired someone else. About 2 or 3 minutes into someone else working my farm. the first person that I attempted to hire finally accepted the job. Makes me look bad that I hired multiple people (which I NEVER do). Is there some timing issue or am I going to get the standard answer about data transfer going through facebook

Hi GRB,
I do not know if there is a timing issue, but i have seen this a couple times just lately. Fortunately when I have had this they have not clicked to come work until after all the work was already done, so conflict. I have noticed it is usually someone who has left the market.
I will keep watching for this and see if there is a pattern.

GRB May 22 2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6447810)
Hi GRB,
I do not know if there is a timing issue, but i have seen this a couple times just lately. Fortunately when I have had this they have not clicked to come work until after all the work was already done, so conflict. I have noticed it is usually someone who has left the market.
I will keep watching for this and see if there is a pattern.

Doesn't the request to hire expire? I believe in the past that there was a timer counting down.

Taz D May 22 2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB (Post 6447814)
Doesn't the request to hire expire? I believe in the past that there was a timer counting down.

HI GRB,
Yes the hire request is supposed to expire. When this was tested by the moderators it expires after 30 seconds and they are supposed to get a notice it is expired as well as you. My observation on this though has been that they left the market and may not have gotten the expired notice allowing them to go ahead and accept the hire.
As I said we will keep looking into this. I am not sure if there is any way around this happening occasionally.

JohnAlbertini May 22 2021 02:19 PM

I am working a fishing job I was hired at the job marketplace and it is not a friend, neighbor, or buddy but I am not getting any bonus.

Taz D May 22 2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6447854)
I am working a fishing job I was hired at the job marketplace and it is not a friend, neighbor, or buddy but I am not getting any bonus.

Hi John,
Are you waiting and making sure you have gotten all the fish? Let the red numbers go to zero?

What are you seeing when you try to leave the farm to go to the next one?

JohnAlbertini May 22 2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6447858)
Hi John,
Are you waiting and making sure you have gotten all the fish? Let the red numbers go to zero?

What are you seeing when you try to leave the farm to go to the next one?

Yes, I get all the primary coins and the counter is not showing any number waiting to be saved at all. The bonus chest never appears. I just cleared memcache and browser cache I'll see if that helps.

Taz D May 22 2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6447878)
Yes, I get all the primary coins and the counter is not showing any number waiting to be saved at all. The bonus chest never appears.

Hi John,
What was the employer's avatar name?

JohnAlbertini May 22 2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6447878)
Yes, I get all the primary coins and the counter is not showing any number waiting to be saved at all. The bonus chest never appears. I just cleared memcache and browser cache I'll see if that helps.

Just did a small job and the bonus worked.

Taz D May 22 2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6447898)
Just did a small job and the bonus worked.

Hi John,
Clearing your cache and browser cache would not help with this. I am sorry, but there is no way to know how much you would have gotten for the fishing job nor any way to restore the bonus.

JohnAlbertini May 22 2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6447882)
Hi John,
What was the employer's avatar name?

I think it was Marcela but not positive. Not a huge deal I think I would have had maybe 5-6 billion bonus total.

hortonpam May 25 2021 06:38 PM

my last two jobs everything shows finished but when i leave it never gives me points.

Taz D May 25 2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hortonpam (Post 6448314)
my last two jobs everything shows finished but when i leave it never gives me points.

Hi hortonpam,
Were they possibly for a neighbor or buddy? If so you don't get a bonus for those.
Who were you working for (avatar name)?
Did you see the bonus chest in the upper left corner as you were working?

hortonpam May 25 2021 08:28 PM

last person was Andrew and he is not a neighbor or buddy. I did not notice if bonus chest was in the upper left corner.

Taz D May 25 2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hortonpam (Post 6448342)
last person was Andrew and he is not a neighbor or buddy. I did not notice if bonus chest was in the upper left corner.

Hi hortonpam,
I see you apparently worked 5 farms for them, of which the middle 3 show no completion bonus. Unfortunately there isn't any way for us to know what that bonus would have been.
Before you work any additional hire work please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

You can contact Support concerning this as there isn't anything we can do through the forums for those. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

bbbjwilson Jul 16 2021 11:48 AM

Working neighbors facilities

I have been playing for almost 12 years and always thought you could work neighbor's facilities every 8 hrs and one of my neighbors said...NO it's every 12 hours. Please settle this quandary! Thanks!

Taz D Jul 16 2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbjwilson (Post 6457082)
I have been playing for almost 12 years and always thought you could work neighbor's facilities every 8 hrs and one of my neighbors said...NO it's every 12 hours. Please settle this quandary! Thanks!

Hi bbbjwilson,
I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring as that is what you are doing when you work a neighbor's facility posts.
I am sorry, but you both are incorrect. The following from the Game Guide chapter on hiring explains it best:

Reworking Neighbors Facilities: This is to explain the time between working a friends facilities before you can rework that same friend's post again. To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day.

Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day. If you want to work them say twice per day, you will have to work them all say in the morning, 9AM, and then do not work anymore facilities until after 5 PM, after that time you will be able to work them all again. The key point is that you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities after 8 hours has passed since the LAST facilities you worked. Basically what this is saying is that after you have worked a neighbours facility there must be a gap of 8 hours, where you do not work any facilities, before you can work the friends facility again.

There is a countdown timer that resets to 8hours each time you work facilities. You can see this timer in the Show Times (Clock), Gamewide section of the tool box. When you have a green check mark for Rework Facilites and Rework Service Facilties you can then, and only then, go rework the facilites you did prior to the 8hour gap.

boris44 Jul 21 2021 07:48 AM

bonus chest

I'm working 44 farms and not getting the bonus, shes not a neighbor nor is she my buddy

marymarcel Jul 21 2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boris44 (Post 6457574)
I'm working 44 farms and not getting the bonus, shes not a neighbor nor is she my buddy

Hi boris44 :)

I had a look at your data and I can only see a job bonus for an user and only for 1 farm.

When you start working, the bonus icon is not showing up? have you tried to refresh the farm you are working to see if it shows up?

You say they are not your neighbor or buddy but are you sure you are not in their buddy list or you are neighbors only one way?

As far as I remember the only time we have noticed about this is when the farmer is hiring the same person again and again over the time.

If you wish you can contact Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you dont find the automatic response then please read the following thread:

boris44 Jul 21 2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6457594)
Hi boris44 :)

I had a look at your data and I can only see a job bonus for an user and only for 1 farm.

When you start working, the bonus icon is not showing up? have you tried to refresh the farm you are working to see if it shows up?

You say they are not your neighbor or buddy but are you sure you are not in their buddy list or you are neighbors only one way?

As far as I remember the only time we have noticed about this is when the farmer is hiring the same person again and again over the time.

If you wish you can contact Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you dont find the automatic response then please read the following thread:

Thank you for the reply, and yes I'm sure she's not my friend, neighbor or buddy, nor am I on her buddy list, currently still working her farms and no bonus chest.

marymarcel Jul 21 2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boris44 (Post 6457598)
Thank you for the reply, and yes I'm sure she's not my friend, neighbor or buddy, nor am I on her buddy list, currently still working her farms and no bonus chest.

Im sorry this is happening boris44, please report this to Support.

If you can contact the farmer, ask her to go back to market and try a new hire to see if that fix the problem.

Or you can explain her you are going to leave the job and go back to see if you can get the bonus chest. Then close the game for a minute and when you load your farm again, you should get a pop up saying you were hired and there is more work to do so you can go back to her farms and continue working.

See if that way you can get the bonus chest.

pamelasimmons Jul 26 2021 02:03 PM

hiring workers

when i am hiring workers, when they turn yellow, then i wait a few minutes before i hire someone else. a lot of times after you hire someone else, here comes the person that turned yellow earlier trying to work. i think that whenever it turns yellow, then they shouldnt be able to come work after that. it wasnt that way before, and the 2nd person that i hire that actually wants to work is gyped because the first person comes and takes part of their work.

i would like to see this fixed please. once they turn yellow, they have like 20 seconds or something like that, they should maybe turn red or their hire link terminated.
thank you :)

marymarcel Jul 26 2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelasimmons (Post 6458314)
when i am hiring workers, when they turn yellow, then i wait a few minutes before i hire someone else. a lot of times after you hire someone else, here comes the person that turned yellow earlier trying to work. i think that whenever it turns yellow, then they shouldnt be able to come work after that. it wasnt that way before, and the 2nd person that i hire that actually wants to work is gyped because the first person comes and takes part of their work.

i would like to see this fixed please. once they turn yellow, they have like 20 seconds or something like that, they should maybe turn red or their hire link terminated.
thank you :)

Hi pamelasimmons :)

I moved your post to the thread about Hiring.

When we tested this at market, as soon as the avatar name turned yellow, the hiring pop up was terminated.

Maybe there is a problem for some of the farmers and data is not updating fast for them.

If this is happening to you everytime you go to market to hire farmers, then please report it to Support.
To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then.

If you dont receive the automatic response then follow the instructions given in this link: