Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- February 19th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305086)

Raul Feb 19 2010 08:22 PM

New Release -- February 19th, 2010

Hi There,

We just released a new version with support for harvesting different animals.

Here is how it works:

Chicken Coop: Allows you to harvest the eggs of the hens and geese and sell the eggs at the marketplace. The Hen is a new animal that your friends can send you as a gift. You can harvest them once every day.

Wool Shed: This is a new building that allows you to harvest the wool of the sheep and llamas and sell the wool at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 2 days.

Dairy Shed: Allows you to harvest the milk of the cows and goats and sell the milk at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 3 days.

You just need to click on the animal building and select the harvest option. All the animals on your farm related to that building will be harvested at once. Note that depending on your computer power and other factors, having an exesive amount of animals on your farm can make the game slower.

The Dairy Shed has been moved from level 49 to level 27. A new Stone Cabin has been added on the level 49.

Also, your item storage capacity has been increased. Now you can storage 5 additional items for each neighbour you have.

Thanks

--Raul

Capt. Conor Feb 19 2010 08:23 PM

Thanks for the update, more levels are really needed though.

txfishermn Feb 19 2010 08:41 PM

More Levels!

Is this it? Level 60 and no further? I would like a bigger farm or at least another. This is a great addiction!:p

b_in_ms Feb 19 2010 08:45 PM

Thank you for letting us start making more use of our animals than just for decoration. I just bought the wool shed and dairy shed. I have had the coop for a long time.
I look forward to using these in my farming.
I really appreciate all the hard work you have putting into this for our enjoyment and I am looking forward to bigger and better things.
I have been playing for almost a year now and can appreciate all the hard work you have done to make this game more enjoyable for all.

Farmer_Susan Feb 19 2010 08:53 PM

Thanks, Raul! Eager to try the new features.

Harvest Moon Feb 19 2010 09:02 PM

Thanks for the great update..the dev team has done an excellent job again...xx

JAS0643 Feb 19 2010 09:02 PM

Thank you for the updates I can't wait to play with them.

Tyler45 Feb 19 2010 09:05 PM

Great job devs. Hopefully your next task is more levels :)

Farmer_Susan Feb 19 2010 09:08 PM

Thank you thank you THANK you for the extra storage! I went to rearrange my farm to make room for the new items and having the extra storage helped so much! Y'all rock!

JAS0643 Feb 19 2010 09:48 PM

I noticed that we can not hire to harvest the animals, is there a reason for this? It's not that big a deal just wondering. Also I would like to see the other animals harvested, like maybe meat from the pigs, without killing the pigs for the ones that don't like that idea.

donnamishel Feb 19 2010 09:52 PM

thank u very much devs!!!

Pam the Farm girl Feb 19 2010 10:07 PM

THANK YOU! (Yes, I was shouting. Sorry about that.)

silvia8917 Feb 19 2010 10:16 PM

Wow thank you! ^^
Just want to confirm, would the animals go "wasted" like the crops too!

SunnyD Feb 19 2010 10:45 PM

Cool new features..... Just a little disappointed that the new buildings aren't on a more rustic scale that you had seemed to be doing as with the barn, chicken coop and tool shed from before..... the new ones seem to be cartoon like..(can't please everyone I know) maybe it is just looking that way in the store personally I am waiting to see them on someone's farm before I get them... was shocked when I saw the amount you had raised the storage though that is totally fantastic......

lcswdonna Feb 19 2010 10:53 PM

New stuff

thank you, thank you, thank you. New toys!!!

niknik007 Feb 19 2010 11:04 PM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Now I can put my Valentine's Day items in storage without having to sell off my other stuff!! Off I go to play with the animals!!

JAS0643 Feb 19 2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyHallow (Post 3196230)
Cool new features..... Just a little disappointed that the new buildings aren't on a more rustic scale that you had seemed to be doing as with the barn, chicken coop and tool shed from before..... the new ones seem to be cartoon like..(can't please everyone I know) maybe it is just looking that way in the store personally I am waiting to see them on someone's farm before I get them... was shocked when I saw the amount you had raised the storage though that is totally fantastic......

The building do not look cartoon at all to me.

justmecookin Feb 19 2010 11:06 PM

Thank you Raul...Love the update...

opheeelia Feb 19 2010 11:13 PM

Thank you, thank you! LOVE the stone cabin, I put it on my second farm and love it.

Sandie Angel Feb 19 2010 11:14 PM

Oh this is great!!! Finally some new stuff!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!! I wish I could have it day before yesterday, for i have just built my castle wall for my little playground. Now I will have to find some rooms for the new stuff. Will have to re-arrange everything again. :)

Thank you Raul!!!

Sandie Angel :)

Sassy Kathy Feb 19 2010 11:56 PM

Can the animals be placed in the buildings? I got rid of my animals a long time ago, except for my horses and dogs. I would start collecting them again if they can go inside the buildings.

Kay Pasa Feb 20 2010 12:09 AM

Thank you so much for the new stuff, especially the hens! I been waiting and asking for them for a long time. I love the new log cabin also. Ya'll are great!

Liriel Estel Feb 20 2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS0643 (Post 3196074)
I noticed that we can not hire to harvest the animals, is there a reason for this? It's not that big a deal just wondering. Also I would like to see the other animals harvested, like maybe meat from the pigs, without killing the pigs for the ones that don't like that idea.

The other farm game uses pigs to dig up truffles.;)

Thanks for the good work devs. I appreciate the new additions.

kittykat1958 Feb 20 2010 12:27 AM

any kind of update is great but it seems like ft is trying to become another fv,you have been able to harvest their animals for awhile now,i dont play fv any more hated that game love ft way more so please stop trying to be like them,Also why oh why did you get rid of the rose wagon and heart trees from the valentine day stuff but yet you kept the stupid flower heart

JAS0643 Feb 20 2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liriel Estel (Post 3196542)
The other farm game uses pigs to dig up truffles.;)

Thanks for the good work devs. I appreciate the new additions.

So what does farm ville have to do with farm town or what I posted. This is not farm ville so no need to bring them up here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittykat1958 (Post 3196594)
any kind of update is great but it seems like ft is trying to become another fv,you have been able to harvest their animals for awhile now,i dont play fv any more hated that game love ft way more so please stop trying to be like them,Also why oh why did you get rid of the rose wagon and heart trees from the valentine day stuff but yet you kept the stupid flower heart

Farm town planed to have the animals harvestable not long after the game started. Bert one of the developers even posted what they planed to do with the animals. Not long after that farm ville started the harvesting of animals and copied just about everything Bert posted on this forum, so they didn't bring that into the game here at that time. So the point I'm trying to make is that Farm town is not being like farm ville they are just a. doing what they planed all along, and b. what the players have been asking for.

Judy1953 Feb 20 2010 01:06 AM

Thank you so much for the new excitement - no complaints from me - just lovely to have something new to do. Can't please all the people all the time I guess - thanks again.

lolcat Feb 20 2010 01:48 AM

Thank you Devs for the great additions to the game! I love the design of the Stone Cabin and Wool Shed. And I am SOOO glad to find you increased the storage!

But could you guys please bring back the Rose Wagon and Love Bird Trees??? You guys kept the FT Pumpkins, Autumn Trees, and Cauldron from Halloween/Autumn, and the Flower Arch and the Flower Heart from Valentine's Day, so why not these two items? It's a shame to have these nice items in the store for just a short amount of time. I would have bought more but there was no more room on my farm or in storage. I thought they would probably be in the store as long as the Christmas items... Reconsider please :)

Judy1953 Feb 20 2010 01:56 AM

I kept my love bird trees - just liked them so much and thought they would probably disappear. :D

xgonenutzs Feb 20 2010 02:34 AM

WOOT WOOT !!
new things , thank you so very much for all you do :-)

felicitycoombs Feb 20 2010 03:07 AM

it would take a long time to make your money back on these new sheds. I like my animals and only keep a small number so I am not bothering to lock them up in sheds.

essexboy Feb 20 2010 03:22 AM

what a great a refreshing release this is.thanks dev team:)

JanMac57 Feb 20 2010 03:25 AM

Thank you! Absolutely delighted with the new stone cabin. Looks great on my farm. I know others are asking for the rose wagon back (glad I kept mine) but I'd love it if you'd consider a seasonal tab for some of these items. As one Kiwi friend says, their winter doesn't start for a bit yet and their fall is coming up fast. I've a mountain theme and would love to be able to buy snow or snow trees again. At least with the seasonal tab, it would let more celebrate their seasons as they happen. At any rate, great addition. The sheds will be fun to play with too!

debjones334 Feb 20 2010 03:31 AM

thank you thank you! Keep up the good work.

Aero 1 Feb 20 2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 3195850)
Hi There,

We just released a new version with support for harvesting different animals.

Here is how it works:

Chicken Coop: Allows you to harvest the eggs of the hens and geese and sell the eggs at the marketplace. The Hen is a new animal that your friends can send you as a gift. You can harvest them once every day.

Wool Shed: This is a new building that allows you to harvest the wool of the sheep and llamas and sell the wool at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 2 days.

Dairy Shed: Allows you to harvest the milk of the cows and goats and sell the milk at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 3 days.

You just need to click on the animal building and select the harvest option. All the animals on your farm related to that building will be harvested at once. Note that depending on your computer power and other factors, having an exesive amount of animals on your farm can make the game slower.

The Dairy Shed has been moved from level 49 to level 27. A new Stone Cabin has been added on the level 49.

Also, your item storage capacity has been increased. Now you can storage 5 additional items for each neighbour you have.

Thanks

--Raul

:(:(:(:(: Good update for those who have animals no good for those of us who dont and dont wish to have any because as you say it slows the game down. Dissapointed would have like some new seeds at least. I am happy for those farmers who will enjoy this update but for me the last 2 updates have been dissapointing. :(:(:(:(:(:

JAS0643 Feb 20 2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felicitycoombs (Post 3196722)
it would take a long time to make your money back on these new sheds. I like my animals and only keep a small number so I am not bothering to lock them up in sheds.

You don't have to put the animals in the sheds, in fact you can't put them in the sheds. The buildings just let you harvest the animals on the farm. If you have 1 hen or 1000 hens when you click on the chicken coop it will harvest all of them at one time.

Zoe101 Feb 20 2010 04:11 AM

Boring boring boring this update is boring like the last one. Animals slow the game down got rid of all mine for this reason so why would i want to get more animals just to use these buildings :confused: I know I could have the buildings for decoration but would of been happy with new seeds more than anything. :(
It just keeps getting worse. :(

jlb Feb 20 2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe101 (Post 3196798)
Boring boring boring this update is boring like the last one. Animals slow the game down got rid of all mine for this reason so why would i want to get more animals just to use these buildings :confused: I know I could have the buildings for decoration but would of been happy with new seeds more than anything. :(
It just keeps getting worse. :(

I have to agree. Animals slow this game down so bad I hate harvesting on a farm that has animals because its so slow. I too am dissappointed with this update as I was with the last one. I might use the buildings but for decoration only. We need new seeds and more farm items. Iv been playing since April 09 and the game has come a long way since then but these last 2 updates have been no good to me at all.

Im happy for those farmers who will enjoy this update though. After all you cant please everyone and this is just my opinion and I am just giving my feed back which is what the devs want. I look forward to the next update maybe there will be something in that one to keep me interested. Thanks devs for all your hard work.

Debbie Zes Feb 20 2010 04:37 AM

Thank you for the information . I don't fool with many animals , the most I have is white rabbits , only because Im waiting on Easter items .

IM more into building stuff not animals . We really need more levels ,
as of right now ALL my neighbors and friends aren't on Farmtown
they all went to other games , farmville and 4 other games .
Looks like the media make farmville the number one game .

Know me , Im more devoted to farmtown , I feel one game ( habit )
is enough .

Building , levels , coins , xp , and holiday items , what I'm more
interesting in . Im a planner , love to build . You didnt give us
a condo building so I build my own . I always said , in real too ,
if you want something bad enough , you've to do it yourself .

I been on here for 7 months .....

tharcicia Feb 20 2010 05:27 AM

Thanks especially the storage this makes me very happy for I keep loosing neighbours and storagespace. For everybody is off to farmville well I am not donīt like the game anyway compared to farm town! ;-)

Keep up the good work!

jefferyprimeau97 Feb 20 2010 06:08 AM

umm how come my dairy shed and chikin coop and wool shed will only let me put just 1 animal in them