Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

kourty Apr 24 2012 06:12 PM

I didn't even know the steps to the quest went to the double digets..lol. I have never seen one either, and I play them all the time.!!!!!!!

Grammy 11 Apr 24 2012 07:37 PM

"Perhaps, when we are mousing over the steps in a quest, it could tell us exactly which facilities we need to complete said quest. I am kinda bummed, as I actually took the time to read the Game Guide, and it said Beauty Salon for the Eau de Toilette. "

When I have to use a facility I always move cursor over the order and the facility picture appears along with the name. Isn't that true for everyone?

rocker grrrrrl Apr 24 2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird (Post 5132830)
"Perhaps, when we are mousing over the steps in a quest, it could tell us exactly which facilities we need to complete said quest. I am kinda bummed, as I actually took the time to read the Game Guide, and it said Beauty Salon for the Eau de Toilette. "

When I have to use a facility I always move cursor over the order and the facility picture appears along with the name. Isn't that true for everyone?

Yeah it does, but only if you have completed all the prior steps. If I have not completed all prior steps, it won't tell me which facility is needed. It just says to "complete steps highlighted in green first" But a prior poster told how to get around that... :)

HelenJS22 Apr 24 2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Star (Post 5132446)
I understand that the quests are random, but I am wondering why my neighbors get so many 10, 11, 12 and 13 step quests, while I am lucky to get 6 or 8 steps once in a while. I have been keeping a list since the beginning and so am not mistaken. I have bought most of the facilities, farm cash as well as coins, so have only had two quests that I could not complete due to lack of facilities. In the last 25 quests I have gotten:
5 2-step,
4 3-step,
5 4-step,
3 5-step,
5 6-step,
1 7-step,
2 8-step. I have not had any 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, or 14 steps. In fact I have not had anything above 8 in the last 38 quests... My neighbors continue to get higher numbers of steps and have been getting the 11, 12 etc. and very few 2, 3, or 4 step quests. Is this just bad luck, or is there something I can do to increase my odds of getting the higher number of steps? I have always finished the quests well before the deadline. Thank you for you attention to my issue. I started the quests about 3 days after they were available and have only missed 3 or 4 days when I did not have internet access. Thanks again.

I'm know that the quests are totally random ...... but I'm also quite sure that a little gremlin who lives on my farm knows exactly when I have plenty of time to play FarmTown and when I am so busy with real world stuff that I have little play time left.

It is then that he chooses my quests and gives me a tiny 2 or 3 step quest when I have plenty of time to do the quest ..... and a 12 step quest when I'm so busy that I would kill for a small one :eek: :rolleyes: :D

.... and that's just the way it works :p

Miz judy Apr 24 2012 11:26 PM

OH my! I have played the quest since Feb 1- and have made millions, and millions and I spend them coins too. Its been lots of fun-but it does take factories and some we do not own, but we just let those quest slid by. So far only three I've not played. Today finished 4- quest and have 3- by morning to do/ They make more coins than working all the time for others.

Ghandi Apr 25 2012 10:12 AM

I stopped playing the game before Quests were released. Clearly sometime in early 2009 or probably even way before is when I stopped.

Anyway, I'm level 28 and an old account. How do you initiate a Quest?

Tiger Apr 25 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghandi (Post 5133562)
I stopped playing the game before Quests were released. Clearly sometime in early 2009 or probably even way before is when I stopped.

Anyway, I'm level 28 and an old account. How do you initiate a Quest?

Hi there,

Welcome back :)

You do need to be level 30 before you can start them, but when you do get there........

Click on the yellow toolbox, then the green arrow to expand the toolbox. Look for an icon that' looks like a dice. Click on that and then the "Accept quest" button.

Ghandi Apr 25 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 5133642)
Hi there,

Welcome back :)

You do need to be level 30 before you can start them, but when you do get there........

Click on the yellow toolbox, then the green arrow to expand the toolbox. Look for an icon that' looks like a dice. Click on that and then the "Accept quest" button.

And I can say "Back in my day farming was hard work! We didn't have machines, or tools, just other people to harvest for you!" :p

HelenJS22 Apr 25 2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghandi (Post 5133734)

And I can say "Back in my day farming was hard work! We didn't have machines, or tools, just other people to harvest for you!" :p

LOL, the tools make it much more simple, but have you figured out yet that there are now FOURTEEN farms :eek:

Ghandi Apr 25 2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 5134106)
LOL, the tools make it much more simple, but have you figured out yet that there are now FOURTEEN farms :eek:

It took me awhile, but I did figure it out. I still only have 1 farm.

When I stopped playing the game(forgot why after all this time) I had 1 million+ coins. At the time, I thought that was a lot. Quests weren't here, no vehicles. You could harvest crops and trees and that was it. Sounds like a "When I was your age..." speech :p

Anyway, while having no vehicles I think I was grandfathered in some advantages. I can plow up to 3x3 and I said, I have no vehicles. I don't know if this is normal as I've known nothing else. I never harvest myself and go to the Market to do it so I don't know if I can do more than 1 plot at a time yet.

Apparently you can make a lot of money on Quests and I want another farm and to expand so I'm trying to get to level 30 to start them up. :)