Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Tools (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414906)

tk61 Jan 03 2011 02:37 AM

7 farms, 95 piggies and I have never run out of manure. I have so much pig poop that I do not even collect it everyday now.

Scarlet Jan 03 2011 07:28 AM

76 pigs is more than enough for 7 farms :)

SueW170 Jan 04 2011 10:55 PM

I now have the orange manure spreader and plenty of manure. When I fertilize a farm with pine trees on it, all my crops and all my harvestable trees fertilize; however, some pines fertilize while others don't. Though maybe mature ones don't fertilize, but that isn't the answer. Any explanation? Not a gripe of problem, but I am curious.
BTW, I love the look of the fertilized trees on my winter farms. Gives them a frosty look.

Taz D Jan 04 2011 11:01 PM

Sue just like the crops, if the tree is fully grown it will not fertilize.

SueW170 Jan 05 2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmslave (Post 4301586)
Sue just like the crops, if the tree is fully grown it will not fertilize.

Okay, thanks for the info. Of course, it's hard to know if a pine tree is fully grown or not since they come back from the stump looking just like a fully grown tree and are choppable. So, now I'll know that if they don't fertilize they are full grown.

Scarlet Jan 05 2011 07:25 AM

I think what this means is that you (or I!) have to fertilize before the chopped trees reappear.

SueW170 Jan 05 2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet (Post 4302534)
I think what this means is that you (or I!) have to fertilize before the chopped trees reappear.

Probably. Though the first time I fertilized with the orange manure spreader, many full grown pines got fertilized which other didn't. Oh, well, either way, it's still a bonus to have even part of them be fertilized:)
I am adding a few more pigs now to have more fertilizer available since a small number was adequate when only crops were fertilized. No problem since we can exchange gifts.

Scarlet Jan 05 2011 06:36 PM

You still only need to fertilize every three days. I have 75 pigs which keep all my farms fertilized with some to spare.

SueW170 Jan 06 2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet (Post 4303858)
You still only need to fertilize every three days. I have 75 pigs which keep all my farms fertilized with some to spare.

Just went back and counted my pigs. I have 10 in the pen and 27 in the sty. That seemed enough for my 7 farms (not all fully expanded and none planted edge to edge with crops) before the orange spreader and ability to fertilize trees was added.
Thanks for your comment. I think I will add more pigs -- maybe build up to 60 or so.
Too bad all that virtual cow, goat, sheep and chicken manure goes to waste LOL

Tony D Jan 06 2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueW170 (Post 4305114)
Just went back and counted my pigs. I have 10 in the pen and 27 in the sty. That seemed enough for my 7 farms (not all fully expanded and none planted edge to edge with crops) before the orange spreader and ability to fertilize trees was added.
Thanks for your comment. I think I will add more pigs -- maybe build up to 60 or so.
Too bad all that virtual cow, goat, sheep and chicken manure goes to waste LOL

I reckon you need another 30 Sue...