Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 10th, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637038)

Tiger Jul 12 2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6250854)
Thank you for the new release great job like always. I do have a question it says I can use excavator on my supper neibour farm so sell building in bulk. it shows up on the manger but when i click on the building the building disapers for sec then they are back..

Hi max_river,

You can not use the excavator for everything. For protection, this tool will never work with any FarmCash items and also any Buildings, Trains, Ships, Tools or Facilities.

max_river Jul 12 2018 01:47 PM

ty for the fast reply

Tiger Jul 12 2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6250866)
ty for the fast reply

you are welcome max_river :)

sestree Jul 12 2018 03:58 PM

I cannot speak for others, but I'm not having near the problems this afternoon that I did this morning. Thank you flash for fubar-ing everything again ..... Good on the devs for fixing adobe's mess.

nannyal Jul 12 2018 05:07 PM

I really love Farmtown and competing with friends as to who has more stuff and more XP, but it makes me sad to see all these taste of facilities for farm cash. Being on a very tight fixed income along with many other senior players it is impossible for me to buy them. Thank you for all you do, but please please think about making some of them for coins.

Cherry's Farm Jul 12 2018 06:28 PM

Since the new upgrade and the new NCC I am noticing the skipping problem from a few weeks ago is back again. I see that neighbours have worked my facilities but some facilites are skipped, i.e. I can see that they have worked Clients but not all Clients (NCC) are done, I checked the NCC filter facilities, it has happened several times, last night and this morning's posts. Some tell me they are getting the Oops incorrectly. So out of the 4 NCC facilities some remain unworked. I have tried reposting a non-NCC facility, we will see how that goes. Please excuse, if I need to post this elsewhere let me know.

Taz D Jul 12 2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6250930)
Since the new upgrade and the new NCC I am noticing the skipping problem from a few weeks ago is back again. I see that neighbours have worked my facilities but some facilites are skipped, i.e. I can see that they have worked Clients but not all Clients (NCC) are done, I checked the NCC filter facilities, it has happened several times, last night and this morning's posts. Some tell me they are getting the Oops incorrectly. So out of the 4 NCC facilities some remain unworked. I have tried reposting a non-NCC facility, we will see how that goes. Please excuse, if I need to post this elsewhere let me know.

Hi Cherry,
I just checked my NCC facilities and those listed around them in the facility manager and they are all very close in percentages. We will keep an eye on this and see if there is any change.

Cherry's Farm Jul 13 2018 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6250934)
Hi Cherry,
I just checked my NCC facilities and those listed around them in the facility manager and they are all very close in percentages. We will keep an eye on this and see if there is any change.

Thanks for the reply. Two neighbours have worked my farms and the NCC Shaved Ice Cart was missed both times, I used the NCC filter and all others on 80% both times and I could refill them. Same facility was missed a couple of times yesterday and once was another I think, I will keep watch when I am on, I always check constantly and refill after anyone has been in.

dorissau Jul 13 2018 05:24 AM

I decided I liked the new ship notification, but now I wish there were some way to turn it off. It always seems to pop up when I am doing something involved on my farm and there is no way to get rid of it except respond... and at that point, it turns off whatever I was doing and I have to start again. Would be nice if we could shut it off when we were going to do something precise on the farm.

Tiger Jul 13 2018 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 6250974)
I decided I liked the new ship notification, but now I wish there were some way to turn it off. It always seems to pop up when I am doing something involved on my farm and there is no way to get rid of it except respond... and at that point, it turns off whatever I was doing and I have to start again. Would be nice if we could shut it off when we were going to do something precise on the farm.

Hi dorissau,

Please also place your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum, where all ideas are gathered for the developers. Here's the link >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Dr. Dirt Jul 13 2018 08:09 AM

How exactly does the super neighbor manager work from the side of the super neighbor doing the work? I went to plant onions on a super neighbors farm that she had set for onions. When I went to choose onions I didn't notice any difference in the selection when I went to choose the crop to plant. All crops still seemed to be available to plant. Would it have not allowed me to choose anything else? I would have thought all other crops would be grayed out or only onions would have showed up.

Tiger Jul 13 2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6250994)
How exactly does the super neighbor manager work from the side of the super neighbor doing the work? I went to plant onions on a super neighbors farm that she had set for onions. When I went to choose onions I didn't notice any difference in the selection when I went to choose the crop to plant. All crops still seemed to be available to plant. Would it have not allowed me to choose anything else? I would have thought all other crops would be grayed out or only onions would have showed up.

Hi Dr.Dirt,

Yes as SN you don't know what they have chosen for you to plant and you will see the full list of crops. However no matter which one you select the one they designated for the farm will be the one planted. When you select any seed the icon in hand changes to the one they have chosen for you to plant.

Dr. Dirt Jul 13 2018 08:34 AM

OK thank you! :)

Tiger Jul 13 2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6251006)
OK thank you! :)

You are welcome Dr. Dirt :)

Santmyer Jul 13 2018 11:13 AM

Shaved Ice Cart is problematic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6250970)
Thanks for the reply. Two neighbours have worked my farms and the NCC Shaved Ice Cart was missed both times, I used the NCC filter and all others on 80% both times and I could refill them. Same facility was missed a couple of times yesterday and once was another I think, I will keep watch when I am on, I always check constantly and refill after anyone has been in.

I have been noticing since the pink shade option was implemented for already worked facilities and services that when the Shaved Ice Cart is the facility that a neighbor makes their post from, it is problematic as are a couple of others (do not remember the others). Those neighbors' post gives me a false negative when I go back to the request board later.

jade_p Jul 13 2018 08:41 PM

i love the change you have made to the ships while prepping. however, can you guys get sorted the fact that after my ship is dispatched, it still will give me the popup saying "such and such container is finisehed preparing" and then i click the green tick, and it opens up the ship manager. that's getting very annoying having it open after ive dispatched the sip. thanks for all you do!!

Tiger Jul 14 2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade_p (Post 6251138)
i love the change you have made to the ships while prepping. however, can you guys get sorted the fact that after my ship is dispatched, it still will give me the popup saying "such and such container is finisehed preparing" and then i click the green tick, and it opens up the ship manager. that's getting very annoying having it open after ive dispatched the sip. thanks for all you do!!

Hi jade_p,

Did you get the popup to load the last container or did you do it yourself? If you did get it, did the ship manager open or was the game still loading something so it didn't open?

If you are still getting this. Click the green check mark to open the manager, close it and then save the game. If that doesn't help also try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if that clears it up for you.

Sqrl Jul 14 2018 09:15 AM

Clearing the memcache does seem to stop the popup nagging you long after the ship has sailed.

Taz D Jul 15 2018 08:17 PM

Raul has just added the following to the release:

Post-Release Info - July 15th, 7:00PM

- We released a few changes to minimize the impact in performance of adobe latest flash player version 30, we have noticed the performance have improved significantly however the changes have touched several areas of the game and there could be some side effects to these changes, so please report any weird issue you may find on this thread.

Boo again Jul 15 2018 08:32 PM

wield

in just the last few minutes I have noticed that my #1 farm is greyed out for my super neighbor and hers for me. the only way to get to it is to set it as default and it cannot be reloaded.

Boo again Jul 15 2018 08:35 PM

well - my farm just blinked and #1 is fixed!!

Taz D Jul 15 2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo again (Post 6251478)
in just the last few minutes I have noticed that my #1 farm is greyed out for my super neighbor and hers for me. the only way to get to it is to set it as default and it cannot be reloaded.

Hi Boo Again,
Have you checked to see if it got set to Disable Super-Neighbor Farming under the farm name? If it is then try unchecking it, then click the green check and the Save button. Restart your farms and see if it stays that way.

Boo again Jul 15 2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6251486)
Hi Boo Again,
Have you checked to see if it got set to Disable Super-Neighbor Farming under the farm name? If it is then try unchecking it, then click the green check and the Save button. Restart your farms and see if it stays that way.

That was the first thing checked. Then checked farm name to make sure that was still set right. then cleared memcache and reloaded farm. Then I came to forum and read Raul's post. So I posted here cause it was "weird".

When I went back to my farm, it blinked and all was well. Really weird!

Puzzle Pieces Jul 16 2018 11:17 AM

Show names, show work info------- Shows things are ready anywhere from 1 day to 15 hours early.

Taz D Jul 16 2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puzzle Pieces (Post 6251586)
Show names, show work info------- Shows things are ready anywhere from 1 day to 15 hours early.

Hi Puzzle Pieces,
The only thing we know of that can cause this is the Date/Time being incorrect on your computer. This can happen at the time you started the crop or trees or flowers or can be when you checked the Show Work Info. It may nopt be incorrect now, but could have been at those times.

Puzzle Pieces Jul 16 2018 01:02 PM

The date time on my computer has never been off. The correlation between the two things has always been correct until the last couple updates about the time it gets insync again there is an update that screws it up.

Tiger Jul 16 2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puzzle Pieces (Post 6251602)
The date time on my computer has never been off. The correlation between the two things has always been correct until the last couple updates about the time it gets insync again there is an update that screws it up.

Hi Puzzle Pieces,

Taz is not available at the moment.

Have you tried running memcache or clearing browser caches recently? If not try that and see if it makes any difference. To clear your FT memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload. It might clear whatever is causing this for you. If it does not then all we can suggest is you report this to support, who may have more reports on this.

Margaret Spenst Jul 16 2018 06:42 PM

Lots of problems with loading farms and facs. Cant hire at the market. It says the farmer has left and he turns yellow. I tried 6 times and they were all yellow and still there.

Taz D Jul 16 2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Spenst (Post 6251622)
Lots of problems with loading farms and facs. Cant hire at the market. It says the farmer has left and he turns yellow. I tried 6 times and they were all yellow and still there.

Hi Margaret Spenst,
The ones you tried to hire may have rejected your hire and that would be why they turned yellow and were still there. Even if they have left it may take a while for the data to catch up and show them gone.
For your problems with the loading is it just slow loading or does it not complete the loading?

For your facilities problem is that for loading yours or working others?

sestree Jul 16 2018 08:02 PM

In the last 1/2 hour or so, any request that I try to send triggers a FB error. This happens with Chrome, Firefox, and on the Gameroom as well. I can accept but not send. Just an FYI. Yes I tried all the clear cache, reboots, etc ...... Again it's a FB error popup.

Taz D Jul 16 2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sestree (Post 6251658)
In the last 1/2 hour or so, any request that I try to send triggers a FB error. This happens with Chrome, Firefox, and on the Gameroom as well. I can accept but not send. Just an FYI. Yes I tried all the clear cache, reboots, etc ...... Again it's a FB error popup.

Hi Sestree,
This has already been sent to the developers. Only thing we can do is wait until either the developers find a way around this or Facebook fixes the problem.

Queen.of.Clutter Jul 16 2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sestree (Post 6251658)

It's not only Farm Town - it's Facebook itself. I play 4 versions of Criminal Case and it's the same way. I cannot send anything - the screen freezes.

Taz D Jul 16 2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter (Post 6251670)
It's not only Farm Town - it's Facebook itself. I play 4 versions of Criminal Case and it's the same way. I cannot send anything - the screen freezes.

Hi Queen of Clutter,
I found I can still post facilities and services. Seems to only be effecting gift sending for Farm Town.

Queen.of.Clutter Jul 16 2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6251678)
Hi Queen of Clutter,
I found I can still post facilities and services. Seems to only be effecting gift sending for Farm Town.

Same here ... just gifting is wonky. Same with the other games - I can play, but cannot gift energy. So it's definitely Face Book doing something to fix what wasn't broke in the first place, ha ha ha!

*** Just now couldn't boost a train, got an error message when I clicked the "DONE" -- had to reload the game.

Taz D Jul 16 2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter (Post 6251694)
Same here ... just gifting is wonky. Same with the other games - I can play, but cannot gift energy. So it's definitely Face Book doing something to fix what wasn't broke in the first place, ha ha ha!

*** Just now couldn't boost a train, got an error message when I clicked the "DONE" -- had to reload the game.

Hi Queen.of.Clutter,
Trains and gifts are done the same way so yes that would make sense.

Tom C Jul 16 2018 10:24 PM

cant add a neighbor

Taz D Jul 16 2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 6251710)
cant add a neighbor

Hi Tom C,
That is also part of the problem with gifts and train boosting. It is also effecting many other games besides Farm Town. This has already been reported to the developers. Unfortunately I am sure we will have to be patient until Facebook fixes the problem.

lgable Jul 17 2018 04:00 AM

The pop up to say a container on the ship is ready is completely out of sync with the ship, it does not show when it is ready to start another one, then pops up 2 or 3 minutes later if at all. As soon as all containers are full it is popping up every few mins. The time on my computer is not out .

NiMo1960 Jul 17 2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade_p (Post 6251138)

I get the exact same issues over all 4 of my accounts.
If I wait for the pop up to show I can wait for almost 30 minutes.
This new idea does not work and needs to be reverted.

RVDreamer Jul 17 2018 09:05 AM

I'm having the same problem. They also need to put a red X on it so it can be closed if you're not ready to go to it.