Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

theatercatz Feb 20 2020 05:10 PM

I may be in the wrong section, but I think it's unfair to make players work on cooperative quests only to discover they need money to finish it. i spend real money plenty of times and the fact that I spend more than an hour or two of my life on this game to find out I need to spend between $5-10-20 dollars to finish is a slap in the face. I'm not s sucker, and I don't appreciate being treated like one.

Taz D Feb 20 2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theatercatz (Post 6344118)
I may be in the wrong section, but I think it's unfair to make players work on cooperative quests only to discover they need money to finish it. i spend real money plenty of times and the fact that I spend more than an hour or two of my life on this game to find out I need to spend between $5-10-20 dollars to finish is a slap in the face. I'm not s sucker, and I don't appreciate being treated like one.

Hi theatercatz,
I moved your post to the General Feedback section thread about quests since this is not a suggestion.
The co-op quests are assigned randomly and do not know what facilities you own. You can always check the last step of the quest as soon as you open it to see what facility is required for that. Then it is your choice whether you buy the facility to complete the quest if you need it.

Denise Dianna May 04 2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlgray (Post 6210742)
They are not a logical outcome of the restaurants and do not correspond to anything in real life,

I disagree. I lived in Chicago. Every year there was a Taste of Chicago festival around Independence Day. Local restaurants set up tables very much like what the Devs have put in the game. Many cities have "Taste of" festivals. I think it a good idea. I do wish more of the "Taste of" were coin instead of farm cash.

lucie ke May 04 2020 07:08 PM

not always

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6344122)
Hi theatercatz,
I moved your post to the General Feedback section thread about quests since this is not a suggestion.
The co-op quests are assigned randomly and do not know what facilities you own. You can always check the last step of the quest as soon as you open it to see what facility is required for that. Then it is your choice whether you buy the facility to complete the quest if you need it.

i have found you can't always tell if the last fac is owned because you can own that one but the step before it won;t show if you own that one, happened a bunch

Taz D May 04 2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucie ke (Post 6355122)
i have found you can't always tell if the last fac is owned because you can own that one but the step before it won;t show if you own that one, happened a bunch

Hi lucie ke,

Even if you don't own the facility needed before it and true you can not see that one, you can always see the last facility or service needed by hovering over that step.

Denise Dianna Jun 15 2020 10:36 PM

earning farmcash

I have read plenty of complaints regarding the earning of farmcash and cooperative quests. I had two cooperative quests this week that I did not own the final facility for and I still managed to earn 2 farmcash. I think the developers are fairly generous in how we are able to earn.

Sqrl Jun 17 2020 05:53 PM

FarmTown has three ways to get FC. Some games barely have one.

mspenguin1974 Jan 13 2021 02:15 PM

Terrible Timing

I only really play for the quests since I work long hours, second shift. Right in the middle of growing 4-hour crops for a quest that I was getting close to finishing, I suddenly got switched to the new version and am unable to go back.

None of my browsers will let me use Flash so I lost all that time and effort for nothing. I hope you have frozen quests so we don't lose all our work and will have them back up soon. As it is right now, I have no reason to play anymore and I really enjoyed this game.

BonidaK Jan 13 2021 07:57 PM

Quests

DITTO Also hope we don't lose everything.

ALSO in reply to theatercatz: the first thing I do when opening up a new quest is to check and see if I can finish it! Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

SouthernLady28 Jan 16 2021 02:02 PM

I hope that they froze the quests also because they are a worthy challenge for me even if I cant finish the product