Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

ImajeanB Jan 31 2012 07:08 AM

I really don't understand why some are making a big deal out of these quests. You can still play the game as always and enjoy it even without all the facs and tools. I am fortunate to have them and really enjoy doing the quests. Not for the coins I get but for something different to do. I am on my 5th and will complete it today. Looking forward to the next challenge! Thank you devs!!!!!!!!

Suz60930 Jan 31 2012 09:49 AM

I have done a couple quests and was well rewarded. But I don't think it's fair to have some of the quests involve Farm Cash facilities. A lot of players just don't have the money to spend. If we were getting more Farm Cash for leveling up, I could see it. But not on the stipend of $1 per level. At least make it possible to pass on a quest and get a different one. For now I think I'll pass on the whole quest thing.

StoneFace Jan 31 2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suz60930 (Post 5031214)
I have done a couple quests and was well rewarded. But I don't think it's fair to have some of the quests involve Farm Cash facilities. A lot of players just don't have the money to spend. If we were getting more Farm Cash for leveling up, I could see it. But not on the stipend of $1 per level. At least make it possible to pass on a quest and get a different one. For now I think I'll pass on the whole quest thing.

maybe the enhancement which the devs alluded to (being able to work with neighbors on a Quest) will come sooner than later.

patience

StoneFace Jan 31 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 5031030)
Good thinking ... please devs is this possible? I think I've done 6 now, but had trouble trying to remember them all. Just for my own interest, but I've written them down now and would love to have some sort of a record of the number we've done down the track.

I know I have done the max Quests, because I start the new one within an hour or so of when it is released..... scroll over the next "Lock" to see when the next Quest will open

I guess I have made 60mill or more... but it would be nice to have a record... being the anal farmer that I am..

:eek:

pamandpat Jan 31 2012 10:08 AM

love the quest

i like the quest, but i hope in the future when you complete a quest instead of coins the prize could be an item like a super cool house or any decoration that you can't buy in the store.;)

Grammy 11 Jan 31 2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suz60930 (Post 5031214)

Quests are extra fun, not mandatory. Lots of people who've been playing since there was 1 farm and have all facilities have been concerned that there is a lot of pressure on them to spend $$ and that there doesn't seem to be much reward for high level players. Levels and FC rewards only come at Devs' decision, regardless of how much time is put into the game. So, Quests can be seen as something to amuse high level players, and reward us for hanging around. I don't think fairness applies here - after all, when one starts playing there are lots of items out of reach until certain levels are reached. It's just part of the game.

gffarmer Jan 31 2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcassemjr (Post 5031126)
First, you should look up tragic.

Second is it really silly to financially support a game you enjoy? People will spend $10USD to go see a movie that lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours, with no lasting benefit. People will spend $3.50USD to rent a video, again with no lasting benefit. I have to disagree with you that it is silly to support a game that brings many players enjoyment. With out the financial support, the game would not exist.

I SO agree with you!!! Good points!

cottom Jan 31 2012 11:31 AM

NO INTERESTED in "Quests" I am farming, and I want to continue farming but all the "distractions" thrown at me is taking the fun out...

StoneFace Jan 31 2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamandpat (Post 5031230)
i like the quest, but i hope in the future when you complete a quest instead of coins the prize could be an item like a super cool house or any decoration that you can't buy in the store.;)

Great Idea.....

maybe they will also award a "smaller" version in a limited quantity, like 2 or 3 to be given to "favorite" neighbors.

:eek:

Grumpa Jan 31 2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secretsybs (Post 5031002)
Some of us don't have the fc to do that,,,nice to see support from others NOT

Being on a fixed income I also do not have the FC to purchase many of the items that need it.

But I still don't see what is not fair and what is not supportive of others.

I go to the store and pick up my medication that I must have, then I wonder around and see what I would like to have.

I then try to save up for it. No one there supports me by purchasing what I wish I had.

Is this not fair, I THINK NOT.

Just play the game with what you can afford to get. It is not like the developers don't give us a lot that we can use.