Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

Mrs Mags Jan 30 2012 11:46 AM

I love the Quests...I've found myself looking forward to seeing what new Quest there would be each day...Only thing I would like to see...not sure if it can be coded....would be to make it so your Quests are tailored to which FC facilities you own...or the ability to beg or work for the stuff needed for the Quest....
Thanks Devs...the Quests are a great idea..:)

rmtvbrooks Jan 30 2012 12:16 PM

I'm not having any problems with the quests. I can start a new one each day even if the old one isn't finished yet. If I don't finish, I don't get a reward and the quest just expires. So if I choose not to do a particular quest, then I just skip it and wait a day for a new one. No big deal. I like that the quests are optional and are not all over the screen like other games where you can't ignore them. At least here, you have to open the quest menu and accept a quest before one is sent to you. Kudos to the developers for doing it this way. It's a good way to change things up, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. And you can pick and choose which ones you want to do.

gffarmer Jan 30 2012 12:33 PM

I love the quests! They are fun. Great job devs!

Happy pants Jan 30 2012 02:08 PM

I'm enjoying the quests as well.... thanks for a fun addition to the game.

artisanrox Jan 30 2012 03:51 PM

The awesomest thing about the quests is that I can totally ignore that they're there. :D

(and i don't mean that disrespectfully or facetiously!)

LeeClements Jan 30 2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artisanrox (Post 5030226)
The awesomest thing about the quests is that I can totally ignore that they're there. :D

(and i don't mean that disrespectfully or facetiously!)

i worry about the old people FORGETTING that they are there:eek:

dnana Jan 30 2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miamine (Post 5028994)
Ah... so each person has a different quest....

I'm thinking.. I can't use me boat to catch fish for quests, and also I can't use the fish that I get from others farms...

Yep... I been fishing for every Tom, Dick and Harry in the Market place... but I still can't get the fish that the stupid quest thing wants (nods head.... yep, this is a push to get us to spend more farm cash) :(

Maybe I should sell me boat on ebay and get the big sea coast instead

HI, you can use your boat but it has to be on your water to count for your quest. someone fishing for you does not count, you fishing for someone else does not count. :) (someone probably answered this, but I got to go home now, can't read to the end.) :)

dnana Jan 30 2012 04:32 PM

I'm loving teh quests, on my 5th one, all have been successful. I did have a glitch, tho. I had started #3 to make lasagna noodles and had planted my 10 wheat. Next day, my quest is to make linguine noodles and I need 10 more wheat! why didn't I plant 20 yesterday! so, I start #4 and plant 30 more wheat and resign myself to waiting 40 more hours (planted an extra 20 just in case it wants more noodles today!). Today, #3 wheat is done so I harvest those and go to the mill to make flour. Then I go into the manager to see if 5 is ready to open yet, and I see that #4 is on the same step as #3 (making flour). How can this be? I only harvested 10 wheat for #3 and it is enough to cover #4?? well, I took the flour to the pasta factory for both #3 and #4 and about 5pm, both of them were done! :):) got 3.06mill for each one and #4 was done 14.5 hours earlier than it should have been! nice glitch! :)

HelenJS22 Jan 30 2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird (Post 5029822)
Cranky old lady resisted, then finally clicked on Quest - imagine!!!! It was FUN!!!!! I even stopped whining to myself about not enough instructions - learning curve part of the quest!! What a great idea. As for a Quest Farm - I am going to see how I fare without one. I assume all quests can be accomplished even if I have to wait cause I maxed out a facility. I know I won't finish as fast, but so far I have learned to check Quests before I do anything else. Thanks for a reward to longtime players - GREAT!

I love this :D I too have learned very quickly to check out the quest before doing ANYTHING !!!! So many of us had major doubts about the coming of 'quests' ... You're right IT'S FUN !!

We should have trusted our great Farm Town team shouldn't we.

melizabeth5 Jan 30 2012 05:50 PM

Love those quests!

I had doubts in the beginning, after doing the first one...I was hooked! This may not be the right way to go, but I have Farms 12 and 13 designated as my Quest farms. I plant crops when it is needed and have enough of all trees on these two farms, which will be harvested only when needed. I work the quests before doing the usual activities. I am working on the 5th quest with 2 hrs left to finish. It will be 14 hours before the next quest, which gives time to take care of other farm business. When I get a quest needing a facility I don't have, I will use the farm cash from this last level up to buy it or...yay if it is a coin item! As a last resort, I will buy the farm cash for a game I love and enjoy so much!!!