Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighborhood Chains Contest (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621818)

marymarcel Jun 24 2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnbauk (Post 6453402)
If I use the facility manager I can add load with "add all" and "start all".
But when I do so I do not get the XP like when I use the FCC menue.
With other words if not use the FCC item to fill the facilities but do with facility manager I lose the XP.

Hi Farnbauk :)

You should get the exact xp amount no matter if you use the NCC manager or the Facility Manager.

I just started batches using a factory in the NCC manager and then more batches using the Facility Manager and got the exact xp added.

pgold0541 Jun 25 2021 03:29 PM

ID# 1221672624
I'm having a bit of a problem with the NCC. I might add this same thing happened back in the "Flash" days. Here's the situation. I have 2 factories eligible to work. The first being the Rubber factory which has one facility. Instead of using the 'start all' button I manually clicked each amount (30 at the time) I specifically watched the pts that flashed on the screen as I clicked each time. The total was 300 pts. When I went back to the main page of the NCC and looked at My Neighborhood Chains and it showed under the Rubber factory only 224 points. Then I went to the other factory (Reading Accessories) and again manually click each facility. As I did each one I wrote down the amount of pts for that facility. I did this for each one, carefully watching the # of pts flashing on the screen. Then using a calculator I added them up for a total of 967 pts. I go back the the main NCC page and it showed the number of pts for the Reading Accessories factory as 682 pts. I first noticed this happening the last few months of the "Flash" version which is why I work the factories manually. I have read everything written in the Guide about NCC. Even though I am the only one playing, I still even read about multiple players in your chain. Even though this is not something just now happening in the new version, I am still curious why the difference in points. You guys are working so hard to get this game totally up and running and answering the same questions over and over with so much patience, I almost hate to bother you with this.

marymarcel Jun 25 2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgold0541 (Post 6453682)
ID# 1221672624
I'm having a bit of a problem with the NCC. I might add this same thing happened back in the "Flash" days. Here's the situation. I have 2 factories eligible to work. The first being the Rubber factory which has one facility. Instead of using the 'start all' button I manually clicked each amount (30 at the time) I specifically watched the pts that flashed on the screen as I clicked each time. The total was 300 pts. When I went back to the main page of the NCC and looked at My Neighborhood Chains and it showed under the Rubber factory only 224 points. Then I went to the other factory (Reading Accessories) and again manually click each facility. As I did each one I wrote down the amount of pts for that facility. I did this for each one, carefully watching the # of pts flashing on the screen. Then using a calculator I added them up for a total of 967 pts. I go back the the main NCC page and it showed the number of pts for the Reading Accessories factory as 682 pts. I first noticed this happening the last few months of the "Flash" version which is why I work the factories manually. I have read everything written in the Guide about NCC. Even though I am the only one playing, I still even read about multiple players in your chain. Even though this is not something just now happening in the new version, I am still curious why the difference in points. You guys are working so hard to get this game totally up and running and answering the same questions over and over with so much patience, I almost hate to bother you with this.

Hi pgold0541 :)

I moved your post to the thread about NCC.

That is because the bonus batches, you dont get xp for them. Bonus batches that the mayor provides the ingredients for do not count for your experience total.

The ingredients for those bonus batches are returned to you by the mayor so then the game deducts the XP for those bonus batches which is why you end up with less XP than you initially saw.

pgold0541 Jun 25 2021 04:08 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

marymarcel Jun 25 2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgold0541 (Post 6453690)
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

You are very welcome pgold :)

a womack Jun 26 2021 12:48 AM

Neighborhood Chains contest

I just purchased the Reading Accessory factory for the NCC and it's not showing that I own that factory when I open the NCC. How can I get it to add items. I even started one single batch using the Facility manager and it works there but it's not recognizing it on the NCC. I also reloaded the farm. Any suggestions?

Tiger Jun 26 2021 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a womack (Post 6453730)
I just purchased the Reading Accessory factory for the NCC and it's not showing that I own that factory when I open the NCC. How can I get it to add items. I even started one single batch using the Facility manager and it works there but it's not recognizing it on the NCC. I also reloaded the farm. Any suggestions?

Hi a womack,

When you bought the Reading Accessory factory you already had one of each of the FC facilities and 2 x rubber factories in the NCC. When you have 2 FC facilities in the contest you can only have 2 coin facilities in the contest.

If you would like a reminder on what the rules are for adding more coin facilities, you can either open one of the facilities in the contest and then click on Add More Facilities or you can check the game guide here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...14#post6060014

WyoSugar Jul 01 2021 09:32 AM

I have a neighbor who has 3 FC facilities in the neighborhood chain quest. He only had 2 of the coin facilities. He had been "remodeling" his farms and the other facility was in storage. He took it out of storage and loaded it but it's still not showing in the quest?

Is there a time limit for adding facilities to the quest?

Taz D Jul 01 2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSugar (Post 6454682)
I have a neighbor who has 3 FC facilities in the neighborhood chain quest. He only had 2 of the coin facilities. He had been "remodeling" his farms and the other facility was in storage. He took it out of storage and loaded it but it's still not showing in the quest?

Is there a time limit for adding facilities to the quest?

Hi WyoSugar,
Please have your neighbor report this here in the forums. We do have a tool we can use to fix this for them, but they need to report it here so we can fix it for them.

MOM GLENDA Jul 01 2021 10:56 AM

why is it not showing 2 taste of new orleans on the ncc i bought that one time it was out to buy.it on my farm 11 first one in last row at the bottom.

Taz D Jul 01 2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6454702)
why is it not showing 2 taste of new orleans on the ncc i bought that one time it was out to buy.it on my farm 11 first one in last row at the bottom.

Hi Mom Glenda,
I looked at your data and I only see 1 Taste of New Orleans on your farms. I do not see a 2nd one on the farms or in your storage.

MOM GLENDA Jul 01 2021 12:22 PM

ok i see what is wrong i did not buy but one taste ofs.one of all of them sorry got confused. since i own 2 of most of the others.it was the restarants i bought 2 off not taste ofs.so sorry

WyoSugar Jul 03 2021 11:38 AM

Hi Taz: He tried to join the forum but never received the email to activate his account, so he can't post anything on the forum. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6454686)
Hi WyoSugar,
Please have your neighbor report this here in the forums. We do have a tool we can use to fix this for them, but they need to report it here so we can fix it for them.

Taz D Jul 03 2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSugar (Post 6455178)
Hi Taz: He tried to join the forum but never received the email to activate his account, so he can't post anything on the forum. Thanks

Hi WyoSugar,
Please send me a PM with his username and email address that he registered with. Don't post those here.

bristowgail Jul 08 2021 12:31 AM

placed a Taste of Austria onto Farm 2 ... shows in my Facility manager but NOT in the NCC ... showing i only am working the Charcoal Retort facility and have no Taste of Austria to work ... altho i have it loaded 100%
have cleared cache twice and restarted the browser once and computer once
... any ideas how to get get the Taste of Austria to appear as workable in the NCC ?
thank you

Tiger Jul 08 2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bristowgail (Post 6455822)
placed a Taste of Austria onto Farm 2 ... shows in my Facility manager but NOT in the NCC ... showing i only am working the Charcoal Retort facility and have no Taste of Austria to work ... altho i have it loaded 100%
... any ideas how to get get the Taste of Austria to appear as workable in the NCC ?
thank you

Hi bristowgail,

I have moved your post to the thread about the NCC.

I have cleaned your NCC data. Please reload the game open the NCC and see if the Taste Of Austria is now showing up in there.

bristowgail Jul 08 2021 08:40 AM

thank you for your Magic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6455834)
Hi bristowgail,

I have moved your post to the thread about the NCC.

I have cleaned your NCC data. Please reload the game open the NCC and see if the Taste Of Austria is now showing up in there.

Thank you ... you're a magician ... it's present, available and working :)

Tiger Jul 08 2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bristowgail (Post 6455854)
Thank you ... you're a magician ... it's present, available and working :)

Great, thanks for coming back to let us know bristowgail!

FRANKLHOLDER Jul 08 2021 02:18 PM

NCC is enabled, but no NCC

I asked a question on FB on whether or not the NCC was again active and folks told me Yes it was, problem is I do not have NCC even though it is check marked. Can not participate at all in the NCC. Please help, and thank you.

marymarcel Jul 08 2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRANKLHOLDER (Post 6455914)
I asked a question on FB on whether or not the NCC was again active and folks told me Yes it was, problem is I do not have NCC even though it is check marked. Can not participate at all in the NCC. Please help, and thank you.

Hi FRANKHOLDER :)

I moved your post to the NCC thread.

I had a look at your data and the NCC for this week is open for your and you have points for it.

Please open your yellow tool box and then click in the following icon http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gamegu...C/NCC icon.png to open the NCC

If you need more instructions please visit the following thread from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

Enigma Cross Jul 10 2021 12:22 AM

Hello,
I may be posting in the wrong place, or even posting a query that is not acceptable. I apologise if either is the case. USER ID number ( 698250740 )
From the messages I see under "competing neighbourhoods" it is explained that these groupings are made according to how well each neighbourhood is performing Please correct me if I am stating this incorrectlly. Just minutes after this weeks groupings became released I see the following neighbourhoods ranked as such ....
#1 >5M
#2 a little over 2M
#8 (me) 700K
How is it fair that first is over 2 times the points as 2nd immediately the grouping is made?
I see this often, although not this great a difference before, and it makes it very very challenging for anyone else in this group to have a decent chance of a placing. I don't expect any action on this weeks contest, but I do hope to see the groupings closer together in future. Give us all a reasonable chance of getting a place.
I took a screenshot, but it seems that I can't insert an image, only a link and I have no idea how to make a link for it.

Tiger Jul 10 2021 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma Cross (Post 6456154)
Hello,
I may be posting in the wrong place, or even posting a query that is not acceptable. I apologise if either is the case. USER ID number ( 698250740 )
From the messages I see under "competing neighbourhoods" it is explained that these groupings are made according to how well each neighbourhood is performing Please correct me if I am stating this incorrectlly. Just minutes after this weeks groupings became released I see the following neighbourhoods ranked as such ....
#1 >5M
#2 a little over 2M
#8 (me) 700K
How is it fair that first is over 2 times the points as 2nd immediately the grouping is made?
I see this often, although not this great a difference before, and it makes it very very challenging for anyone else in this group to have a decent chance of a placing. I don't expect any action on this weeks contest, but I do hope to see the groupings closer together in future. Give us all a reasonable chance of getting a place.
I took a screenshot, but it seems that I can't insert an image, only a link and I have no idea how to make a link for it.

Hi Enigma Cross,

The game can only pick competing neighbourhoods out of those who have decided to participate that are similar to what yours is at that time.

What each farmer or neighbour within a neighbourhood does in the NCC before and after the competing neighbouhoods are picked is up to them.

It's unlikely that you saw the competing neighbourhoods at the exact same time that your competitors did. Some may have started adding points far sooner than when you checked it yourself. When there's a big gap like that it just means that the ones with more points are able to fill and refill more often than a lower ranked neighborhood is currently doing.

There's nothing stopping anyone from adding more facilities to the contest after those were picked. It may also be that more friends are working facilities than there were before which enables them to refill them more often or it could be a combination of both.

I've seen gaps of millions of points in it over the years and seen low ranking ones managing to close that gap considerably and some cases overtake ones that started out with far more points than the lower ranked one had started out with.

Enigma Cross Jul 10 2021 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6456174)
Hi Enigma Cross,

The game can only pick competing neighbourhoods out of those who have decided to participate that are similar to what yours is at that time.

What each farmer or neighbour within a neighbourhood does in the NCC before and after the competing neighbouhoods are picked is up to them.

It's unlikely that you saw the competing neighbourhoods at the exact same time that your competitors did. Some may have started adding points far sooner than when you checked it yourself. When there's a big gap like that it just means that the ones with more points are able to fill and refill more often than a lower ranked neighborhood is currently doing.

There's nothing stopping anyone from adding more facilities to the contest after those were picked. It may also be that more friends are working facilities than there were before which enables them to refill them more often or it could be a combination of both.

I've seen gaps of millions of points in it over the years and seen low ranking ones managing to close that gap considerably and some cases overtake ones that started out with far more points than the lower ranked one had started out with.

Hi Tiger,

Ok, that seems reasonable. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Enigma

Tiger Jul 10 2021 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma Cross (Post 6456182)
Hi Tiger,

Ok, that seems reasonable. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Enigma

You are very welcome Enigma Cross.

kevat508 Jul 11 2021 02:23 AM

Noticed yesterday my Neighbourhood Chains Contest hadn't selected competing neighbourhoods cleaned cache and memcache looked today still the same apart from the day counter has gone down to 3. \_(ツ)_/¯

Tiger Jul 11 2021 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevat508 (Post 6456346)
Noticed yesterday my Neighbourhood Chains Contest hadn't selected competing neighbourhoods cleaned cache and memcache looked today still the same apart from the day counter has gone down to 3. \_(ツ)_/¯

Hi kevat508,

As you only opened the NCC yesterday your competing neighborhoods won't show up until Monday, so please check that again tomorrow.

These are the rules for when those are selected:
  • For users starting the contest Thursday or Friday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Saturday 12AM EST.

• For users starting the contest Saturday or Sunday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Monday 12AM EST

kevat508 Jul 11 2021 05:31 AM

Ahh right thanks Tiger I thought I had selected it on friday. My mistake.

bristowgail Jul 15 2021 12:31 AM

happened again this week - no Romanian Restaurant

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bristowgail (Post 6455822)
thank you

sad to have to bother you again ... i appreciate the fix for last week ... in the new NCC week [just started] i have a functioning Theater facility

brought my Romanian Restaurant out of storage onto Farm 1 ... the NCC isn't recognizing the facility ... have not loaded it yet ... tried in/out of storage and onto different Farms ... cleared cache, etc

attached a snip of what it looks like on my end ... hope it helps ... will not load until it is 'seen' properly in the game

thank you for your patience and the fix [again]

Tiger Jul 15 2021 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bristowgail (Post 6456902)
sad to have to bother you again ... i appreciate the fix for last week ... in the new NCC week [just started] i have a functioning Theater facility

brought my Romanian Restaurant out of storage onto Farm 1 ... the NCC isn't recognizing the facility ... have not loaded it yet ... tried in/out of storage and onto different Farms ... cleared cache, etc

attached a snip of what it looks like on my end ... hope it helps ... will not load until it is 'seen' properly in the game

thank you for your patience and the fix [again]

Hi bristowgail,

I have again cleaned your NCC data this week, please reload the game, open the NCC and see if the Romanian Restaurant is now showing up in the NCC. If it is please only start a single batch of any item and check that points have been added for it before you start any more batches.

I suggest that you try to find some space on your farms before next weeks contest starts to get the rest of the facilities you have out of storage and on to your farms as this is what seems to be causing your problem every time. If you decide to do this, please do NOT store any of the facilities that in this weeks contest or that will cause you to abandon the contest.

Please also Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window and that's it completed. All this will do is clear any issues that may be causing a problem from your game data.

bristowgail Jul 15 2021 08:22 AM

NCC facility there now

thank you so much for your help - will get facilities out of storage before next week to avoid the non-function/not recognized issue

i've been storing them to slowly redesign my farms away from the crammed look into something more visually appealing - :o

Tiger Jul 15 2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bristowgail (Post 6456918)
thank you so much for your help - will get facilities out of storage before next week to avoid the non-function/not recognized issue

i've been storing them to slowly redesign my farms away from the crammed look into something more visually appealing - :o

Great, you're welcome and thank you for coming back to let us know bristowgail :)

Precious In His Sight Jul 15 2021 06:59 PM

abandoned quest

My neighborhood quest says that I have abandoned the contest for this week. It is probably because I tried to store one of the buildings right after I purchased it. Because of the pop-up I did not store it and there is no facility in my storage. Can you please reinstate me into the contest? Thanks, Georgia

Taz D Jul 15 2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precious In His Sight (Post 6457002)
My neighborhood quest says that I have abandoned the contest for this week. It is probably because I tried to store one of the buildings right after I purchased it. Because of the pop-up I did not store it and there is no facility in my storage. Can you please reinstate me into the contest? Thanks, Georgia

Hi Georgia,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the Neighborhood Chains Contest.

Yes it is because you tried to store one of the facilities. I am sorry, but we have no way to reinstate your contest. You will just have to wait until next week's contest.

WindRiver48 Jul 22 2021 08:34 AM

Sorry, but once again I had a FC factory in storage when the neighborhood quest started. Now that I've taken it out of storage, it is not showing in the quest. Thanks for any help you can give.

marymarcel Jul 22 2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRiver48 (Post 6457694)
Sorry, but once again I had a FC factory in storage when the neighborhood quest started. Now that I've taken it out of storage, it is not showing in the quest. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi WindRiver48 :)

Please provide your user ID number, you find it into brackets, in the banner above the game screen.

WindRiver48 Jul 22 2021 09:54 AM

factory not showing in neighborhood quest

Thanks

Taz D Jul 22 2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRiver48 (Post 6457730)

Thanks

Hi WindRiver,
I have cleaned your NCC data. Please close and reopen your farms to see if that fixed it.

garrysa Jul 22 2021 10:35 AM

I don't understand the scoring. Nearly every week, I can and do, outscore the next highest scorer on my team, sometimes by triple the number of points. Most of the time, I have either two or three facilities, while some people on my team have 12,16, and as high as 24, facilities. Yet I outscore those people by 3 times? Then, at the end on the week, invariably, if My team manages 3rd or forth place, there will be three or four people on my team, that post that their team finished 2nd or third. Some of these, according to what I am shown, accumulated 35,000 points, while I accumulated 1.8 million points, with only 2 or three facilities. Makes no sense. I have talked to others with the same questions, that just won't play NC anymore.

Taz D Jul 22 2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrysa (Post 6457738)
I don't understand the scoring. Nearly every week, I can and do, outscore the next highest scorer on my team, sometimes by triple the number of points. Most of the time, I have either two or three facilities, while some people on my team have 12,16, and as high as 24, facilities. Yet I outscore those people by 3 times? Then, at the end on the week, invariably, if My team manages 3rd or forth place, there will be three or four people on my team, that post that their team finished 2nd or third. Some of these, according to what I am shown, accumulated 35,000 points, while I accumulated 1.8 million points, with only 2 or three facilities. Makes no sense. I have talked to others with the same questions, that just won't play NC anymore.

Hi Garrysa,
You are not competing against your neighbors. You compete against other teams that are not your neighbors. Your neighbors do the same thing which is why they may be higher in their own contest group.

You get more points for your own team because your points are multiplied by the number of neighbors on your team.
Please read the Game Guide chapter 31 about the contest and it will explain what you are seeing:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

WindRiver48 Jul 23 2021 07:48 AM

Thanks Taz

Thanks Taz. I will try to get the rest of my factories out of storage before next week starts :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6457734)
Hi WindRiver,
I have cleaned your NCC data. Please close and reopen your farms to see if that fixed it.