Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- November 29th, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639302)

Raul Nov 29 2018 06:38 PM

New Release -- November 29th, 2018

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on December 19th, 10:00PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes: En Espaņol AQUI

1. 25 New Holiday Items: 3 as gifts, 12 at the top of the Holidays category in the store and 10 at the bottom.

2. New Farm 38 and the first 5 expansions:

New Farm (12x12) --- 31000000000 or 50 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 14x14 - 31500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 16x16 - 32000000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 18x18 - 32500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 20x20 - 33000000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 22x22 - 33500000000 or 25 FarmCash

3. Updated Train and Ship product output according to the initial release rule: When we released the trains years ago, the amount of each product delivered was supposed to be equivalent to 15 or 30 days worth of production, 15 days if the product was produced in a Farm Cash facility and 30 days if the product was produced in a Coin facility. There were also a few exceptions, products made in the The Petrochemical Plant and the Rubber Factory delivered 15 days worth of production, even when those were Coin facilities.

During the following years we have been increasing the production amounts on the factories but not on the output of the trains and ships, so with this new release we are in sync again with the original rule. See below all the product increases which applies to both, trains and ships:

Plastic Granules -----------> 33%
Rubber Sheet -------------> 125%
Cardstock -----------------> 50%
Paper Roll -----------------> 250%
Cotton Textile Roll --------> 100%
Sheep Wool Textile Roll --> 160%
Llama Wool Textile Roll --> 160%
Silk Textile Roll -----------> 160%
Canvas Textile Roll -------> 140%
Polyester Textile Roll -----> 30%
Cheese --------------------> 67%
Crude Oil Barrel -----------> 100%
Petrochemical Barrel ------> 333%
Red Ink --------------------> 133%
Yellow Ink -----------------> 133%
Blue Ink -------------------> 133%
Black Ink ------------------> 133%
Pile of Silver Nuggets -----> 213%
Pile of Gold Nuggets ------> 31%
Clay Block -----------------> 38%
Quartz Rock ---------------> 95%
Cinnamon Bundle ---------> 22%
Sugar ----------------------> 40%
Honey ----------------------> 40%
Beeswax -------------------> 40%
Pine Lumber Piles ---------> 200%
Oak Lumber Piles ----------> 200%
Maple Lumber Piles --------> 200%
Ebony Lumber Piles -------> 100%
Teak Lumber Piles ---------> 100%
Stainless Steel Sheet -----> 14%
Aluminum Sheet ----------> 14%
Carbon Steel Sheet -------> 11%
Brass Sheet ---------------> 11%
Iron Ore -------------------> 82%
Copper Ore ----------------> 82%
Chromite Ore --------------> 20%
Graphite Ore --------------> 20%
Aluminum Ore ------------> 40%
Zinc Ore ------------------> 80%
Kaolin Clay Rock ---------> 44%

4. New way for changing your status in the Hiring and Trading marketplaces (released 3 weeks ago): Instead of using the Change Status Message option in the avatar menu, you now have easily accessible buttons on the right side of the screen to show others what you want to do on those markets. See more info about this in the previous release thread notes.

5. Other minor improvements released in the past 2-3 weeks:

- BugFix: When switching from full screen to regular screen the new market status icons were covering other elements of the game
- When you click the CHAT button to open the chat, you can start typing right away instead of having to click on the chat text bar first
- Your XP score on the top now have space to fully display up to 9 Billion XP points
- The special levels from 976 to 1000 gave 2 farm cash each as a reward
- Removed the red circle under the trophy icon if all trophies were earned already

6. My Super Facility (coming in the next 1 or 2 releases): We started the development of this feature 2 weeks ago, the idea is to provide another way to acquire high demand products and also to incentivize and make trading easier between farmers. We are still adjusting some of the rules but in the meantime read below for a general idea of how the feature will work:

a) Every week you can upgrade one of your ingredients producing facilities (Mines, Mills, Semi-Trailer, Fish Farming, etc) to a Super Facility for the remaining of the week

b) The exact facility that will be upgraded will be chosen at random by the game

c) Every instance of that Super Facility will produce X% more than usual each day of that week

d) The extra production will be split in 2 buckets

e) You will be able to sell all the products in the first bucket to any farmer in the Trade Market at very
low prices, so there will be significant motivation to accept your offer

f) You will be able to sell all the products in the second bucket to any of your neighbours, again, at very low prices

g) For every product you sell, you will earn one back as a gift from the Mayor

h) At the end of each day, all the unsold products on each bucket are lost and the buckets starts filling again the next time you start productions on the Super Facility

7. Tanning Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Tanning Supplies.

Tanning Goggles
Tanning Cap
Tanning Bed Pillow
Heart Tanning Stickers
Sun Wall Decor
In Wall Timer
Bed Acrylic Shield
Bed Disinfectant

8. Food Container Factory (Coins): Produces Food Containers.

Pizza Box
Carryout Food Container
Carryout Soup Container
Soup Bowl
Food Container
Kitchen Canister Set
Meal Prep Container
Hermetic Jar

9. Tanning Salon (FC): Provides Indoor Tanning Services and can be stocked with products from the Tanning Supplies Factory.

10. Soup Kitchen (Coins): Provides Food Services for Low Income Families and can be stocked with products from the Food Container Factory, Soup Restaurant, BBQ Restaurant, the Instant Food Factory and the Ice cream Shop.

11. Taste of the Philippines (FC): Provides Philippines Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Filipino Restaurant.

12. Taste of Morocco (FC): Provides Morocco Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Moroccan Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - December 3rd, 9:30PM

- Released 25 new Holiday items, see more info in point #1 at the top of this thread.

Post Release Updates - December 19th, 10:00PM

- Released the Taste of the Philippines and Taste of Morocco service facilities.

Known Issues:

- None

bruhelmboldt Nov 29 2018 06:42 PM

Love it!! Thanks Raul and TEAM!!!

Joshuatree98 Nov 29 2018 06:42 PM

Release

Awesome release

L.A.Bob Nov 29 2018 06:55 PM

Christmas came early. Thanks Raul and team.

bluehair Nov 29 2018 06:56 PM

now to save for farm 38 :)

WillowTreeFarm Nov 29 2018 06:57 PM

Thank you so much for the update!

Taz D Nov 29 2018 06:57 PM

Thanks Raul!

beverduster Nov 29 2018 07:02 PM

christmas came early this yeark t y raul

marymarcel Nov 29 2018 07:19 PM

Thanks so much Raul and team :)

storm36 Nov 29 2018 07:33 PM

Thank you!

BarbLH Nov 29 2018 07:56 PM

Thank you for the new release. So happy for farm 38!

FarmerWitch Nov 29 2018 09:37 PM

Thank you!

Moose Mob Nov 29 2018 10:19 PM

November 29st?
(thanks for new stuff!)

Taz D Nov 29 2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose Mob (Post 6274310)
November 29st?
(thanks for new stuff!)

Better? :D

Lara Nov 29 2018 10:49 PM

thanks for the new stuff

lburn11 Nov 30 2018 02:07 AM

Thank you for the new release but once again you have added clay blocks for one of the ingredients in the new facilities. I have 37 farms and an open pit mine on each and I can't produce enough clay blocks to use in my facilities. The quantity needs to be increased ten fold. Thanks for all you do.

Grumpdad Nov 30 2018 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lburn11 (Post 6274326)
Thank you for the new release but once again you have added clay blocks for one of the ingredients in the new facilities. I have 37 farms and an open pit mine on each and I can't produce enough clay blocks to use in my facilities. The quantity needs to be increased ten fold. Thanks for all you do.

Strange that I have at least one of every facility and have over 1 million in stock . . . . . . . . .

peekachoo Nov 30 2018 05:23 AM

Thanks to Raul and the team for the update !

Tiger Nov 30 2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lburn11 (Post 6274326)

Hi lburn11,

Please, all suggestions for the game go in the Suggestions area. Here's the link to that area of the forum >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

earlgray Nov 30 2018 09:02 AM

I find it a little peculiar that a facility called "Soup Kitchen" would not stock any soup, only food containers, including a pizza box. Usually the term "soup kitchen" indicates a place where food is available free or inexpensively to people who are homeless or destitute.

mattie van tonder Nov 30 2018 09:15 AM

again I dont understand, we get 2 coin fac's = a Soup Kitchen (to provide food for low income families, as stated in the Store) containing only empty food containers, some made of plastic which should be a NO even virtually; = then a Food Container Factory which makes these food containers - now pardon me but where does the "food for low income families" part comes in. Dont think empty food containers are going to provide food for low income families, or did I miss something?? Or is it just that I think too much, just saying..........aw I forget the part that says 'be grateful for what you receive'........jeez!!

dorissau Nov 30 2018 09:46 AM

I agree... this was a total disappointment. Even the luxury look is soooooo wrong!!!

minxie63 Nov 30 2018 12:29 PM

Food Container Factory and the Soup Kitchen have the same products... i would rather go back to the old way of having a complete update every 2 or 3 months instead of a partial update every month! but either way, thank you!! :)

bjyhey3 Nov 30 2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minxie63 (Post 6274402)
Food Container Factory and the Soup Kitchen have the same products... i would rather go back to the old way of having a complete update every 2 or 3 months instead of a partial update every month! but either way, thank you!! :)

The food container factory makes the containers which are loaded into the soup kitchen along with other products from other facilities.

Palmarina Dec 01 2018 04:36 AM

thanks for the updates!
I am looking forward to the new feature re. trading :-)
xxx

debhurst51 Dec 01 2018 08:46 AM

Love new stuff and love the new designs of buildings/facilities. You guys are great and creative! Merry Christmas!

Fireball Dec 01 2018 11:55 AM

I really do not think that low income families can survive on empty food containers that are in the "Soup Kitchen". Where's the SOUP?????

marymarcel Dec 01 2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 6274554)
I really do not think that low income families can survive on empty food containers that are in the "Soup Kitchen". Where's the SOUP?????

Hi Fireball :)

Please open your Soup Kitchen and check that various products have been added to load this service facility.

RoseArienh Dec 01 2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6274558)
Hi Fireball :)

Please open your Soup Kitchen and check that various products have been added to load this service facility.

Whoa, nice! Thanks for that info. It talked me right into buying something on my wish list, too. :)

Redwhine Dec 01 2018 12:46 PM

Containers for the new Soup Kitchen are not being loaded into said Kitchen.

Qivis Dec 01 2018 01:01 PM

Several friend have been complaining that facilities have been disappearing from their Facility Manager or that at least the numbers have been considerably lower than they had been when they click the "start all" button since the update. I did not have this happen, but when I went to sort by "not owned" in the Facility tab to see what I still need suddenly all the items since the "taste of" type facilities began were listed. So I alphabetized all the factories in the Facility Manager and found that I did indeed still have what the store said was "not owned" except for a facility that someone just sent me but I did not receive - the Tanning Supplies Factory.

marymarcel Dec 01 2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwhine (Post 6274570)
Containers for the new Soup Kitchen are not being loaded into said Kitchen.

Hi Redwhine :)

I just checked your data and you dont have any containers stored.

But when visiting your farm, I saw the Food container factory is working correctly and you will be able to store more containers shortly and your Soup Kitchen is loaded with products and containers.

marymarcel Dec 01 2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6274574)
Several friend have been complaining that facilities have been disappearing from their Facility Manager or that at least the numbers have been considerably lower than they had been when they click the "start all" button since the update. I did not have this happen, but when I went to sort by "not owned" in the Facility tab to see what I still need suddenly all the items since the "taste of" type facilities began were listed. So I alphabetized all the factories in the Facility Manager and found that I did indeed still have what the store said was "not owned" except for a facility that someone just sent me but I did not receive - the Tanning Supplies Factory.

Hi Qivis

If your friends are having problems please tell them to register into the forums and then post here.

For your problem with Not owned in the Store, be sure you are not clicking in Not in this farm instead.

If the problem continues please contact Support. Same for the Tanning Supplies Factory as it shows as missing in your data. In this case, it would be better if your friend is the one contacting Support as they paid for the facility.

Qivis Dec 01 2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6274590)
Hi Qivis

If your friends are having problems please tell them to register into the forums and then post here.

For your problem with Not owned in the Store, be sure you are not clicking in Not in this farm instead.

If the problem continues please contact Support. Same for the Tanning Supplies Factory as it shows as missing in your data. In this case, it would be better if your friend is the one contacting Support as they paid for the facility.

I only reported this so that the person who I read about having the same issue would not be the only one and the friends I mention think this forum is useless and stopped using it years ago. (Although I disagree.) And I clicked NOT OWNED. Not "Not owned on this farm." Everything back to the lingerie factory is listed when "not owned" is selected using the funnel icon in the store's Facility tab.

marymarcel Dec 01 2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6274606)
I only reported this so that the person who I read about having the same issue would not be the only one and the friends I mention think this forum is useless and stopped using it years ago. (Although I disagree.) And I clicked NOT OWNED. Not "Not owned on this farm." Everything back to the lingerie factory is listed when "not owned" is selected using the funnel icon in the store's Facility tab.

Please check the amount of facilities and services you have placed on each of your farms.

Remember there is a limit on how many facilities you can have per farm (about 300/400) and if you exceded that amount this kind of problems could happen. Try to move the factories showing as not owned to another farm after empty them, and check if the problem is solved.

If that is not your problem, then contact Support team.

Clohar Dec 01 2018 07:13 PM

Are the two new Taste facilities have been released yet. When I check in the store in Not owned they are not appearing

marymarcel Dec 01 2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clohar (Post 6274626)
Are the two new Taste facilities have been released yet. When I check in the store in Not owned they are not appearing

Hi Clohar :)

They have not been released yet.

Qivis Dec 01 2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6274618)
Please check the amount of facilities and services you have placed on each of your farms.

Remember there is a limit on how many facilities you can have per farm (about 300/400) and if you exceded that amount this kind of problems could happen. Try to move the factories showing as not owned to another farm after empty them, and check if the problem is solved.

If that is not your problem, then contact Support team.

The limit on how many factories are allowed on each farm should have NO EFFECT on whether someone can send me a farm cash item. So you must be referring to another situation entirely.

vonalm Dec 01 2018 08:25 PM

so do we have the details of the new release yet? :confused:

Taz D Dec 01 2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 6274638)
so do we have the details of the new release yet? :confused:

Hi Vonalm,
Not yet. Don't know what the hold up is, but I am sure there is a good reason why.