Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Hiring and Bonus Chest (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612686)

Palmarina Aug 01 2021 01:47 AM

USER ID number ( 1145656868 )
Hi, I noticed for many times now that when you hire someone at the market to harvest on several of my farms the employee seems to be gone after doing the first farm.
No trace of this employee, even not after clearing memcache and relaunching the game.
Then I go to the market to hire a new employee and all of a sudden the first one (the one that disapeared) is there again working farms.
This in annoying. Especially when the employees ask to work solo.
Why did the first employee seemed to be vanished? Is there a bug somewhere?

Tiger Aug 01 2021 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6458806)
USER ID number ( 1145656868 )
Hi, I noticed for many times now that when you hire someone at the market to harvest on several of my farms the employee seems to be gone after doing the first farm.
No trace of this employee, even not after clearing memcache and relaunching the game.
Then I go to the market to hire a new employee and all of a sudden the first one (the one that disapeared) is there again working farms.
This in annoying. Especially when the employees ask to work solo.
Why did the first employee seemed to be vanished? Is there a bug somewhere?

Hi Palmarina,

I have moved your post to the thread about Hiring as your post is not about the latest update.

We're not aware of any problems with hired workers not showing up. There's no way for us to be able to check why they were not showing up to you. You'd have to ask the hired worker if they had been having any difficulties at any time that may have caused it.

If you were online at the time and the notifications had stopped showing what they were doing, they could have stopped working for a while.

If you were online and following them farm to farm as they worked, they could have either gone to a different farm than the one you went to, or gone offline to work.

If you were using Show User Info to see which farm they were on, which can show you if they were working online, working offline or still on your farms but idle, the blue dot could disappear if they were having difficulty getting to the next farm to work or if they had run into a problem and had to reload for some reason and then used the return to hire message to return to the job to continue working.

Palmarina Aug 01 2021 12:48 PM

Hi, thanks for your reaction.
Next time this happens again I'll check what is described in your last paragraph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6458814)
Hi Palmarina,

I have moved your post to the thread about Hiring as your post is not about the latest update.

We're not aware of any problems with hired workers not showing up. There's no way for us to be able to check why they were not showing up to you. You'd have to ask the hired worker if they had been having any difficulties at any time that may have caused it.

If you were online at the time and the notifications had stopped showing what they were doing, they could have stopped working for a while.

If you were online and following them farm to farm as they worked, they could have either gone to a different farm than the one you went to, or gone offline to work.

If you were using Show User Info to see which farm they were on, which can show you if they were working online, working offline or still on your farms but idle, the blue dot could disappear if they were having difficulty getting to the next farm to work or if they had run into a problem and had to reload for some reason and then used the return to hire message to return to the job to continue working.

GRB Aug 01 2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6458322)
Hi pamelasimmons :)

I moved your post to the thread about Hiring.

When we tested this at market, as soon as the avatar name turned yellow, the hiring pop up was terminated.

Maybe there is a problem for some of the farmers and data is not updating fast for them.

If this is happening to you everytime you go to market to hire farmers, then please report it to Support.
To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then.

If you dont receive the automatic response then follow the instructions given in this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

This just happened to me today. Makes the hiring person to look like the bad guy. S0, something is still broke.

marymarcel Aug 01 2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB (Post 6458850)
This just happened to me today. Makes the hiring person to look like the bad guy. S0, something is still broke.

Hi GRB :)

Is this happening to you everytime you hire a worker? If not then maybe it is a slow data transfer.

If you get this problem constantly, then please report it to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then.

If you dont receive the automatic response then follow the instructions given in this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

boris44 Aug 04 2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6457602)
Im sorry this is happening boris44, please report this to Support.

If you can contact the farmer, ask her to go back to market and try a new hire to see if that fix the problem.

Or you can explain her you are going to leave the job and go back to see if you can get the bonus chest. Then close the game for a minute and when you load your farm again, you should get a pop up saying you were hired and there is more work to do so you can go back to her farms and continue working.

See if that way you can get the bonus chest.

Thank you for help marymarcel :)

marymarcel Aug 04 2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boris44 (Post 6459338)
Thank you for help marymarcel :)

You are very welcome boris44 :)

GRB Aug 04 2021 09:56 AM

It happened again today. First hire went Yellow. I waited 5 minutes then hired someone else, long after the second hire was working, the first guy shows up. This makes me look bad. Please fix this. It appears the timer starts when I send the hire request. If hire turns yellow, it should cancel the hire request, even if it is a delay between facebook and slashkey. This needs fixed

Taz D Aug 04 2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB (Post 6459354)
It happened again today. First hire went Yellow. I waited 5 minutes then hired someone else, long after the second hire was working, the first guy shows up. This makes me look bad. Please fix this. It appears the timer starts when I send the hire request. If hire turns yellow, it should cancel the hire request, even if it is a delay between facebook and slashkey. This needs fixed

Hi GRB,
I will copy your post to the closed thread for issues for the developers to look into this.

guess who Aug 06 2021 07:11 PM

Can we hire neighbours again????????????? I tried and my neighbour finds that they have no tools to be able to do the job.so tried someone else the same?? Thought this would have been a priority over releasing new factories etc

Taz D Aug 06 2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guess who (Post 6459690)
Can we hire neighbours again????????????? I tried and my neighbour finds that they have no tools to be able to do the job.so tried someone else the same?? Thought this would have been a priority over releasing new factories etc

Hi Guess who,
You have been able to hire neighbors since hiring was re-added. You need to check your settings when you hire to make sure tools are allowed.

smileyonebjc Aug 13 2021 02:29 PM

Super Neighbor

Can you confirm if you are a Super Neighbor do you get Experience Points. I got hired as a super neighbor and did 32 farms and did not get one experience point so I had her delete me as a super neighbor until I could ask the question. Thanks :)

marymarcel Aug 13 2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyonebjc (Post 6460638)
Can you confirm if you are a Super Neighbor do you get Experience Points. I got hired as a super neighbor and did 32 farms and did not get one experience point so I had her delete me as a super neighbor until I could ask the question. Thanks :)

Hi smileyonebjc :)

As superneighbor you can get xp if you plow the farms and/or if you have permission to plant those farms.

If you only harvest the farms, then you get a % of the products you harvested, chopped or for fishing.

You have more information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...66#post5832366

JNelson Aug 18 2021 02:07 AM

what are the new levels or protocols for hiring someone to design or setting a SN to do it... i was trying to help a newer player level up by planting flowers on mine and it wont let me hire them for anything other than moving stuff around --

Tiger Aug 18 2021 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6461154)
what are the new levels or protocols for hiring someone to design or setting a SN to do it... i was trying to help a newer player level up by planting flowers on mine and it wont let me hire them for anything other than moving stuff around --

Hi JNelson,

Nothing has changed. An SN can only plant new flowers for you if you have also added the option to allow them to use your coins. Without that they can only move the flowers around not plant new ones.

JuliesNotGoofy Aug 18 2021 06:52 AM

Hiring Issue

I hired someone from the marketplace to work on my farms and they never accepted. Their name did turn to yellow so I hired someone else. Several minutes later, after the other person was almost half done, that first person showed up and started working on what was left. Is there any way you can boot someone off your farms if that happens? I felt so bad for the second person I'd hired. Surely there must be some way to stop that from happening. Thank you for your help!

JNelson Aug 18 2021 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger (Post 6461158)
Hi JNelson,

Nothing has changed. An SN can only plant new flowers for you if you have also added the option to allow them to use your coins. Without that they can only move the flowers around not plant new ones.

he wasn't a SN, did a hire design farm together there wasn't anything to check for use coins

Tiger Aug 18 2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6461174)
he wasn't a SN, did a hire design farm together there wasn't anything to check for use coins

Hi JNelson,

You mentioned an SN which is why I said they needed that permission to do that for you.

The design together feature hasn't changed either, they can only move around what is on the farm not buy anything for you. The popup you see when you hire them to design, tells you that you are allowing them to move items on that farm, that you need to be present while they are doing this and the only other option in that popup is whether you want to allow them to move any FC items around.

Tiger Aug 18 2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliesNotGoofy (Post 6461170)
I hired someone from the marketplace to work on my farms and they never accepted. Their name did turn to yellow so I hired someone else. Several minutes later, after the other person was almost half done, that first person showed up and started working on what was left. Is there any way you can boot someone off your farms if that happens? I felt so bad for the second person I'd hired. Surely there must be some way to stop that from happening. Thank you for your help!

Hi JuliesNotGoofy,

It sounds like there was a temporary issue, who had the issue is not clear but there was a delay in that hire request disappearing from the the initial person you hired which allowed them to accept it. It does sound like the delay was at their end rather than yours.

Every time we have tested this it has behaved correctly and automatically cancelled the hire when it should.

If you can reproduce the problem every single time that the yellow shows and you then send the request to someone else you hire then you need to let support know so they can look into it as we haven't been able to reproduce it.

agb Sep 24 2021 05:52 PM

Farmtown "My Requests"

Please help me to be able to post to show on Farmtown Wall Requests.

Thank You!!
Angie:)

marymarcel Sep 24 2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agb (Post 6465958)
Please help me to be able to post to show on Farmtown Wall Requests.

Thank You!!
Angie:)

Hi Angie :)

First of all, you cant see your own post for Farmtown Wall Requests, only your friends will be able to see the posts to go to work your facilities.

When you click in Produce Faster button for regular facilities and in Get more Clients button for service facilities, you will get a pop up asking you if you want to ask your friends for help.

At the botton of the pop up you will see an option which says: Show in Farmtown Wall Requests.
That option needs to have a check mark. If there is no check mark, then add it and then click in the green check mark to get the pop up to post to facebook.

You have full information about this, in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...78#post5832378

SuzieRae Oct 09 2021 09:03 AM

Getting Called Back for Unfinished Farming

I've been having an issue this past week with messages about work having been left undone and asking if I would like to be rehired to finish the job ... The problem is, when I go back, there is nothing that needs to be done. This has happen several times over the past week. To make matters worse, there have been a couple (twice) of times that I have worked a large farm, but upon completion of the farm I have been told that there is still work to be done and if I leave I will lose my bonus; there was absolutely no work left to do; once was with trees, once was with crops. Is anyone else having these issues?

marymarcel Oct 09 2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieRae (Post 6467374)
I've been having an issue this past week with messages about work having been left undone and asking if I would like to be rehired to finish the job ... The problem is, when I go back, there is nothing that needs to be done. This has happen several times over the past week. To make matters worse, there have been a couple (twice) of times that I have worked a large farm, but upon completion of the farm I have been told that there is still work to be done and if I leave I will lose my bonus; there was absolutely no work left to do; once was with trees, once was with crops. Is anyone else having these issues?

Hi SuzieRae :)

I moved your post to the thread about Hiring and Bonus Chest.

Sometimes when you are hired for multiple jobs in many farms, it could be that on some farms not all items were ready by the time you arrived there.
So when you go back home, and let say trees got ready in 2 farms, you get the message to go back.

Other thing could be if you were hired to do multiple jobs including flowers but they are not watered. If the owner waters them, then when you go back home you get the message to go back and finish the work.

When you are working a farm and you cant get the bonus chest because you get the message that there more work, then you need to refresh the farm where you are, dont reload the game, just refresh the farm where you are by clicking in the rectangle.

Then you will see if anything was left and you will not lose your bonus.

SuzieRae Oct 09 2021 07:56 PM

Thank you. I was kind of at a loss as to what to do. I went back to every farm that said I had left work undone, but still couldn't find anything that needed done. I went so far s to click on individual tools to see if that changed anything, but nope; still found nothing. I appreciate the suggestions and will see how it goes.

bickymikulski Nov 26 2021 03:22 PM

Coins -points

I been checking my coins when ever i get hired in market place and noticed the gauge is hardly moving ,especially when i do ponds etc ,so decide after every farm i do say 6-7 i put what points, coins i have before i start when finished i add them all up holy **** am i missing the coins and points the guage isnt adding up my coins and xp ,i had it where it took away and went in reverse ??? dont know if any one else brought this up or not ,but wish this can be taken care of ......were talking millions of coins ....from when ever we harvest for people ...
why may i ask do we have to buy a seeder, harvester before we can but a combine plow /plant ,what are we going to do with all these other tools we have ??we wont be using gain ,again we at a loss with tools we had to buy and wont be using them?????:confused:,:confused:

marymarcel Nov 26 2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bickymikulski (Post 6473202)
I been checking my coins when ever i get hired in market place and noticed the gauge is hardly moving ,especially when i do ponds etc ,so decide after every farm i do say 6-7 i put what points, coins i have before i start when finished i add them all up holy **** am i missing the coins and points the guage isnt adding up my coins and xp ,i had it where it took away and went in reverse ??? dont know if any one else brought this up or not ,but wish this can be taken care of ......were talking millions of coins ....from when ever we harvest for people ...
why may i ask do we have to buy a seeder, harvester before we can but a combine plow /plant ,what are we going to do with all these other tools we have ??we wont be using gain ,again we at a loss with tools we had to buy and wont be using them?????:confused:,:confused:

Hi bickymikulski :)

Please provide your user id number so we can have a look at your data. You find that number into brackets in the message showing up above the game screen.

You can also read about what you get when hired in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...66#post5832366

If you want to make a suggestion about tools, please post it in our Suggestion section where we have all ideas ordered by theme for the developers to read.

You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

RIAP27 Nov 26 2021 08:39 PM

MEMCACHE link

I need to clear my memcache bt for the life of me can't find the link! My acct is crashing trying to work another farm from the hire site. I never have issues doing large amounts of water from my SNs farm every morning but this smaller farm kept crashing and thinks the work is undone. I never got my bouses. I'd like to clear the memcache but after sifting thru th help and support I can't find the link, It would be great if you could put it in a prominent location so its easy to find! Thanks.

Taz D Nov 26 2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIAP27 (Post 6473282)
I need to clear my memcache bt for the life of me can't find the link! My acct is crashing trying to work another farm from the hire site. I never have issues doing large amounts of water from my SNs farm every morning but this smaller farm kept crashing and thinks the work is undone. I never got my bouses. I'd like to clear the memcache but after sifting thru th help and support I can't find the link, It would be great if you could put it in a prominent location so its easy to find! Thanks.

Hi Riap,
I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring since that is what you have aproblem with.
The memcache link is all over the forums in many threads. We are bnot going to dedicate a thread in the Help & Support just for that. Instead after you run it from the link below try creating a bookmark for it in your browser.
The memcache link is https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

RIAP27 Nov 26 2021 08:49 PM

Thank you. I created a bookmark for it.

Indigo Rose Nov 30 2021 06:57 AM

Hi,
I had something happen today that I've never come across before. I was hired for a job but no bonuses were given, I think the whole job was 13 farms with no bonuses. I noticed this from the 1st farm and I thought they may have been added in together with the actual job as you go along. I then went to another persons job and the bonuses appeared as normal.
Any idea what might have happened? Just curious I know nothing can be done about it.
Thanks.

marymarcel Nov 30 2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indigo Rose (Post 6473574)
Hi,
I had something happen today that I've never come across before. I was hired for a job but no bonuses were given, I think the whole job was 13 farms with no bonuses. I noticed this from the 1st farm and I thought they may have been added in together with the actual job as you go along. I then went to another persons job and the bonuses appeared as normal.
Any idea what might have happened? Just curious I know nothing can be done about it.
Thanks.

Hi Indigo Rose :)

If the farmer who hired you was a stranger then you should have received the bonus.

As you didnt get it, the only things I can think about is you both could be buddies or neighbors one way so you didnt recognize each other. Other times you can be neighbors both ways but one of you changed the avatar name for a message and again you didnt know your were neighbors.

Aussie Rae Dec 29 2021 03:56 PM

this may be in the wrong area but here goes.... went to the job market to hire a fisherman to do over 30 farms of stacked fishing. Sent the hire to one farmer,(A) waited til the color changed from orange to yellow.. also no reply to my request. I then sent the hire request to another farmer(B) who accepted and promptly went to my farm 4 and started work, collecting the bonus as she progressed.. when she was on farm 15, suddenly a message popped up from the farmer(A) who had not replied saying he was on his way, and he arrived on farm 4 where he sat for ages... when farmer(B) had arrived at the last farm to be fished, farmer(A) showed up as well.. I tried to click on him to let him know what had happened but was unable to. So now farmer(A) will be ticked off with me when in fact it was out of my control. I thought once the color changed from Orange to Yellow the hire message would have timed out.. obviously it doesn't always work the way its supposed to...

Taz D Dec 29 2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6477218)
this may be in the wrong area but here goes.... went to the job market to hire a fisherman to do over 30 farms of stacked fishing. Sent the hire to one farmer,(A) waited til the color changed from orange to yellow.. also no reply to my request. I then sent the hire request to another farmer(B) who accepted and promptly went to my farm 4 and started work, collecting the bonus as she progressed.. when she was on farm 15, suddenly a message popped up from the farmer(A) who had not replied saying he was on his way, and he arrived on farm 4 where he sat for ages... when farmer(B) had arrived at the last farm to be fished, farmer(A) showed up as well.. I tried to click on him to let him know what had happened but was unable to. So now farmer(A) will be ticked off with me when in fact it was out of my control. I thought once the color changed from Orange to Yellow the hire message would have timed out.. obviously it doesn't always work the way its supposed to...

Hi Aussie Rae,
It is best to wait for at least 30 seconds after it turns yellow. That way they should get the message that the hire request has expired. It isn't working exactly as it should but isn't something the developers can work on right now.

Aussie Rae Dec 29 2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6477222)
Hi Aussie Rae,
It is best to wait for at least 30 seconds after it turns yellow. That way they should get the message that the hire request has expired. It isn't working exactly as it should but isn't something the developers can work on right now.

the original farmer(A) didn't show up until around 2 minutes after the second farmer(B) had been working. This happens quite a lot when hiring at the job market, many times the person hired just sits there for ages even if they do reply and accept the work... which is frustrating as many then don't actually go to the farm, a lot of times I give up and do the work myself.

Taz D Dec 29 2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6477250)
the original farmer(A) didn't show up until around 2 minutes after the second farmer(B) had been working. This happens quite a lot when hiring at the job market, many times the person hired just sits there for ages even if they do reply and accept the work... which is frustrating as many then don't actually go to the farm, a lot of times I give up and do the work myself.

Hi Aussie Rae,
The timing is something the developers can work on, just not until they get the rest of the game back working. The rest of your complaint is the players may be having problems or just them. We can't do anything about those.

JohnAlbertini Jan 02 2022 11:30 AM

I greatly appreciate that the last update seems to have fixed the "Web GL 2.0" crashes when working for other farmers! BUT it has reverted to the long ago problem of the save counter taking a LOOOOOOONG time to reach zero (30 seconds to go from 12 to zero) and as is ALWAYS the case the coins and bonus counts have one more increase even AFTER the counter reaches zero so it isn't AT zero when it says zero! Any way the save countdown can be sped up? Stupid to have to wait half a minute AFTER all the work is finish before moving to the next farm

Taz D Jan 02 2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6477770)
I greatly appreciate that the last update seems to have fixed the "Web GL 2.0" crashes when working for other farmers! BUT it has reverted to the long ago problem of the save counter taking a LOOOOOOONG time to reach zero (30 seconds to go from 12 to zero) and as is ALWAYS the case the coins and bonus counts have one more increase even AFTER the counter reaches zero so it isn't AT zero when it says zero! Any way the save countdown can be sped up? Stupid to have to wait half a minute AFTER all the work is finish before moving to the next farm

Hi John,
The time it takes for the counter to go down and save all the work is strictly an internet issue. The servers process those saves as soon as the data gets to them and replies back. You might try dropping back to the normal screen size and see if it goes any faster.

OrcaLinda Jan 10 2022 09:05 AM

my farm

No one can harvest /fish my farms. I dont know whathappen but please look inot it and fix it. I need that feature to work. thank you Linda Brown

marymarcel Jan 10 2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrcaLinda (Post 6478542)
No one can harvest /fish my farms. I dont know whathappen but please look inot it and fix it. I need that feature to work. thank you Linda Brown

Hi OrcaLinda :)

You need to provide more information about your problem, so please answer the following questions:

._ Is the problem with harvest/fish happening in all your farms or only in some particular farms? If it is in particular farms, please provide the name or number for those farms.

._ Are you able to harves/fish your own farms? If not, what happens when you try?

._ Who are the persons not able to work your farms? Farmers you hire from market, superneighbors or friends you hire?

._ Please describe what happens when they try to harvest/fish your farms.

Thank you :)

turbo terry Feb 02 2022 05:36 AM

When I go to the marketplace I try to hire one farmer to work on my farms - I do not like to be part of a group working on farms so I do not hire that way - sometimes the farmer I offer does not respond and their color turns yellow and I offer to somebody else - they accept and we leave - then I get the box that says the first farmer has accepted my offer and shows up to work - there needs to be a way to cancel that acceptance without me having to be rude and chase them away