Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Receiving-sending-exchanging Gifts (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242882)

Taz D Dec 10 2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 5738222)
Did the send gifts page get redesigned? Before, I would click on the item I wanted to send, then click on proceed and then a window would come up and I would filter it to show just my Farmtown friends. I would pick 50 of them and send a gift. Now, when I click on my Farmtown friends, a scrolling list comes up where I need to click on the right hand side of the screen to choose who I send to. Is this new? Are my gifts being sent?

It is new but Facebook redesigned those and yes your gifts are being sent.

KimberlyAnnie Dec 10 2013 04:18 PM

I haven't tried to buy Farm Cash recently, but am unable to send or accept gifts. When I try to send, I select the gift and click "proceed to send" which takes me to a blank white page. When I try to accept gifts, it will not accept them. The exchange and ignore options work, but after exchanging a gift it still will not let me accept the gift. This issue has been going on for about 4 or 5 days. I have cleared the FT memcache, computer's browsing history, and rebooted my computer numerous times to no avail. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
P.S. The rest of the game is working just fine.

KnightRider Dec 10 2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyAnnie (Post 5738258)
I haven't tried to buy Farm Cash recently, but am unable to send or accept gifts. When I try to send, I select the gift and click "proceed to send" which takes me to a blank white page. When I try to accept gifts, it will not accept them. The exchange and ignore options work, but after exchanging a gift it still will not let me accept the gift. This issue has been going on for about 4 or 5 days. I have cleared the FT memcache, computer's browsing history, and rebooted my computer numerous times to no avail. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
P.S. The rest of the game is working just fine.

Have you tried to use a different browser? It could be that you received a bad update on the browser that you currently use.

KimberlyAnnie Dec 10 2013 04:24 PM

I have tried Chrome and Chrome Incognito. Will try another browser. Thanks! Fingers crossed. :)

kevincrooks Dec 10 2013 04:24 PM

Gift accept buttons.
 
I cannot accept my gifts any more when i click on accept it just gets a yellow hue around it and nothing happens.

KnightRider Dec 10 2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevincrooks (Post 5738270)
I cannot accept my gits any more when i click on accept it just gets a yellow hue around it and nothing happens.

Try using a different browser to see if maybe you downloaded a bad update to you browser, if another browser you still have the problem, then you can try to clear the Farm Town memcache. The memcache is different than your computers cache, this is Farm Town’s cache on their server, sometimes the cache on their server gets bad data or data that doesn't let new data be stored and needs to be cleared. To clear the FT memcache, click on the blue Click Here that is shown in my signature line and you will see a list saying unsetting, this is normal, once the page loads it is done and all you need to do is close that page and your farm if it is open, then clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and close it. Then sign back in and you are ready to go.

kevincrooks Dec 10 2013 06:10 PM

Gift accept buttons.
 
Thankyou very much Nightrider mem cache cleaner doesn't do it but different browser did work.

KnightRider Dec 10 2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevincrooks (Post 5738306)
Thankyou very much Nightrider mem cache cleaner doesn't do it but different browser did work.

Your welcome.

If you want to keep using the browser you was using you might want to check and see if there is an update to the browser that you was using or maybe the browser downloaded a bad update and you might need to uninstall and then install it again.

Chazlin99 Dec 10 2013 09:28 PM

Facebook Changes to gift list!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5738238)
Yes, it looks like Facebook has went and changed it to about everyone, it now shows in a single column on mine also, others have complained about this before, but it was for a few that had the change.

I hate this new single list of possible gift recipients that facebook has taken on itself to impose on us all, WTF? Do they know how many people are my friends and how many games I play, oooo and how they lump everyone into the same list of my different games player list? Do they...I wonder...seems I am always wondering, Whew, I am so tired of dealing with this sh#@! Pardon me! I am pis#@#! Afterall, I pour hard money into these games and just expect these experts to DO THEIR JOBS...HELLO! But no...I have to put up with this...yet another injustice to our system? I think not...maybe I should quit, that will teach them...no money honey! Who knows? I doubt anybody is reading this plight of the small player. Whew! That took a lot of effort! Thanks for listening, er NOT! :eek:

Taz D Dec 10 2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazlin99 (Post 5738466)
I hate this new single list of possible gift recipients that facebook has taken on itself to impose on us all, WTF? Do they know how many people are my friends and how many games I play, oooo and how they lump everyone into the same list of my different games player list? Do they...I wonder...seems I am always wondering, Whew, I am so tired of dealing with this sh#@! Pardon me! I am pis#@#! Afterall, I pour hard money into these games and just expect these experts to DO THEIR JOBS...HELLO! But no...I have to put up with this...yet another injustice to our system? I think not...maybe I should quit, that will teach them...no money honey! Who knows? I doubt anybody is reading this plight of the small player. Whew! That took a lot of effort! Thanks for listening, er NOT! :eek:

I read it, but you are barking up the wrong tree. The games do not have any control or input into what Facebook does. The only ones you would be hurting are the game developers who have to use the tools provided them by Facebook.
Now a solution to your problem would be to create Facebook friends lists for each of your games. Those you can use for sending your gifts in each of the games by only clicking on Request for each name in your list. In fact I find the single column easier because I can start at the top of the list and just click in the same spot as the list scrolls up.
To create those lists follow the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349654


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.