Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- March 22nd, 2019 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640642)

kikarne Mar 23 2019 05:02 AM

Thank you

The Game is getting more enjoyable all the time.. my only problem is that many, very much used, ingredients (harvests ++ ) take too long to produce. I also wondered if it isn't time to look at the cost of some of the tool prices... could the lower end ones be made cheaper, or more available for Coins ??

Again... Many thanks.

Tiger Mar 23 2019 06:13 AM

Please members. This thread is just for feedback on the the New Release. If you have new ideas for the game or are requesting changes, improvements etc, you need to post them in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers look for them. You can not start a new thread there, what you do is find a thread with a title that most suits your idea and post in that thread. Here's the link to that area >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Judybluefeather Mar 23 2019 07:00 AM

My suggestion concerns the new trader warehouse function and how it will affect regular quests, specifically in reference to the trader lifeline. Will there be some sort of restriction on using products from the warehouse in the quests for the trader lifeline? No matter what the answer is, it needs to be clearly delineated in the directions for that function, so it can be easily referenced.

Sonytone Mar 23 2019 07:47 AM

thank you for the update, Raul and team!

StoneFace Mar 23 2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Bob (Post 6291486)
Thanks for the update. 10 years I have been playing and it is still fun!

Same here, LA Bob..... running 2 accounts at 2 billion points each.... and after buying multiples of the factories for coin and at least one of every FC facility,.... well, it does mean I spent a lot over the last 10 years.

I will continue to do so.... spend some each month and enjoy.

Thanks Raul (you can put my check in the mail) :cool:

mlrobards Mar 23 2019 08:18 AM

I usually get all factories, but adding yet another factory that uses more flowers?!?! I don't have the space to fill, I won't be getting it.

TexasStar Mar 23 2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6291550)
Hi TexasStar,
Please note that you may run into problems with Edge for several parts of the game. Information on those are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906

Thanks for the heads-up! At least for now my Opera browser is still working :)

Alexandra_J Mar 23 2019 09:06 AM

Question: Why can't the Parade Float that stocks just flowers go into the Flower Stand like the other flowers go. It seems a waste of farm cash buying the Parade Float.

Tiger Mar 23 2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6291646)
Question: Why can't the Parade Float that stocks just flowers go into the Flower Stand like the other flowers go. It seems a waste of farm cash buying the Parade Float.

Hi Alexandra_J,

It's up to the developers what they put in what facility and what that facility will cost. We are not privy to the decisions they make.

Just because something could be used elsewhere doesn't mean they are going to do it.

Taz D Mar 23 2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judybluefeather (Post 6291626)
My suggestion concerns the new trader warehouse function and how it will affect regular quests, specifically in reference to the trader lifeline. Will there be some sort of restriction on using products from the warehouse in the quests for the trader lifeline? No matter what the answer is, it needs to be clearly delineated in the directions for that function, so it can be easily referenced.

Hi Judybluefeather,
As the Trading Warehouse has not been released yet I moved your questions to the current release. They are still working on all the details and I am sure that will be addressed before they release it.

JudyD1651 Mar 23 2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6291654)
Hi Judybluefeather,
As the Trading Warehouse has not been released yet I moved your questions to the current release. They are still working on all the details and I am sure that will be addressed before they release it.

So the Trading Warehouse is something entirely different from the Super Facility?

Taz D Mar 23 2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6291658)
So the Trading Warehouse is something entirely different from the Super Facility?

Hi JudyD,
Yes it is a separate thing, but will aid in the selling for the Super Facility products to your neighbors.

Farmer Donner Mar 23 2019 11:06 AM

While I love your support..I am retired and do not have the income to keep adding and adding facilities. I've been a player for many years and just cannot continue buying with real money farm cash. So the alternative is to not play a complete game because I don't have the facilities needed? Sorry for the whining but have been thinking it for awhile.

Violet Blooms Mar 23 2019 12:59 PM

Love the special needs addition! Thank you!

frostyvb56 Mar 23 2019 01:12 PM

upgrade

Thanks for another upgrade. How ever my wallet just groaned with the costs associated with it

Granny Goodwitch Mar 23 2019 01:24 PM

March Forum Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 6291390)
thanks but 2 coin facilities to 4 FC facilities is and has been very unbalanced imho.

I strongly agree. This imbalance is increasingly creating a disadvantage in the neighborhood contests and also in the quests for those who simply can't afford 90-plus FC every month or so. It is discouraging and making me lose interest in FT.

And while I'm at it, the inability to have more than one semi truck is infurating because of the additional need for more of some of its products. THe bakeries, the brewery and the meadery, for example, cannot get enough yeast, in large part because the neighborhood contests makes it desirable to post two or more times a day to be competitive. Why is this the only facility where only one is allowed?

Tiger Mar 23 2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Goodwitch (Post 6291706)
I strongly agree. This imbalance is increasingly creating a disadvantage in the neighborhood contests and also in the quests for those who simply can't afford 90-plus FC every month or so. It is discouraging and making me lose interest in FT.

And while I'm at it, the inability to have more than one semi truck is infurating because of the additional need for more of some of its products. THe bakeries, the brewery and the meadery, for example, cannot get enough yeast, in large part because the neighborhood contests makes it desirable to post two or more times a day to be competitive. Why is this the only facility where only one is allowed?

Hi Granny Goodwitch,

About the semi trailer, what do you mean you are only allowed one? You can have one one each farm, the same as the facilites.

Candi Yam Mar 23 2019 01:40 PM

Played this game over 10 years ago and left because a few people in my real life came to the market and harassed me, using my real name...So I left..I came back after Farmville and Candy Crush, and I enjoy it. Battled cancer while playing....But you just about have to be a millionaire to play now..... I enjoy the farms with such beautiful art work....You know Johnny Taylor sang "its cheaper to keep her" ;-) To still be in Beta phase it sure is costly to play. Thanks for giving me an outlet as I battled

Texas Belle Mar 23 2019 03:09 PM

Thank you Raul & Co., now to play....

Dulcinea Mar 23 2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6291646)

Sadly, I have to agree. Not just a second facility for the same purpose, but a FC one to boot. Really unhappy about this one. :(

FarmerWitch Mar 24 2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6291398)
I'm not impressed with this update/new release. This is called Farm Town..a farming game. We've asked for different types of animals...cows, horses, chickens among other items.

With all respect to the Admins ... This is not a suggestion ... it is feed back on the current game and gives expression to how many of us are feeling about the game. I agree with JudyD1651 wholeheartedly and think that any other people who feel the same should mention so ... the Devs want to know what we like and dislike about the current upgrade

Aussie Rae Mar 24 2019 04:36 AM

thanks for the update and the new facilities, which no one is forced to buy, :)

phsl Mar 24 2019 06:26 AM

I agree with so many others that it is getting way to costly. Also, adding 6 facilities every month is getting to be too many. I don't even know what I have at this point. It is getting more difficult to find the ingredients for the Quest because with the large number of items. It's just a mathematical issue! I have not been able to purchase the larger tools so it takes me a long time to do just the farming to have enough crops for my extensive facilities. I used to enjoy planning cities with my facilities and also set up farms. Now I just have to find a spot to plop the new facility. In short, too much too fast, and too many real cash items.

StoneFace Mar 24 2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phsl (Post 6291846)
I agree with so many others that it is getting way to costly. Also, adding 6 facilities every month is getting to be too many. I don't even know what I have at this point. It is getting more difficult to find the ingredients for the Quest because with the large number of items. It's just a mathematical issue! I have not been able to purchase the larger tools so it takes me a long time to do just the farming to have enough crops for my extensive facilities. I used to enjoy planning cities with my facilities and also set up farms. Now I just have to find a spot to plop the new facility. In short, too much too fast, and too many real cash items.

I understand that problem.... had it myself in the early years. So I made a word.doc with every facility and ship, train etc.

If you want I can email you the form. Then you can open your facility manager, use it in alphabetical order and fill in just one column on the form .

Keep it up to date with each release.

bluehair Mar 24 2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6291838)
thanks for the update and the new facilities, which no one is forced to buy, :)

100% agree..I tend to only buy coin facilities now :) save my FC for tools

sandielm Mar 24 2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

I agree with you! I think they should work on some speed of the farms also. They have so much on them you can hardly do any work. Way to many facilities right now. Yes I also know you can extend them but the larger you make them it the harder it is to move them.

Sylentiger Mar 24 2019 09:33 PM

thanks

:D Thank you Raul :cool:

okceasyrider Mar 25 2019 03:48 AM

I'm curious about the new Parade Float. It uses the flower "Lisianthus." Where do you find this flower is it in a secret place?

Tiger Mar 25 2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okceasyrider (Post 6292078)
I'm curious about the new Parade Float. It uses the flower "Lisianthus." Where do you find this flower is it in a secret place?

Hi okceasyrider,

Lisianthus is in the flower section of the store. You might find searching the flower section Alphabetically easier or the quicker way is to click on the search box at the top of the store and start typing Lisianthus. It will then come into view.

knolan Mar 25 2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmyer (Post 6291494)
thanks for the update I am amazed that they can come up with ideas every month we have quit buying the tastes of as with two of us playing it is to expensive but that is our choice we still enjoy playing even if we have to miss some of the quests

More & more people are unable to afford the high cost of Farm Cash. Unfortunately, the company has eaten the greedy bug & doesn't realize that it's past the point of taking advantage of the addicts obsessions. Now is the time for them to take a lesson from Sam Walton.

I too, am unable to afford extra Farm Cash items. It's never too late to change the mission & strategy so that most players can afford to purchase additional items. Why not reduce the items to 15 FC instead of 50? Or, charge Coins instead of FC which would be even better.

dorissau Mar 25 2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knolan (Post 6292106)
More & more people are unable to afford the high cost of Farm Cash. Unfortunately, the company has eaten the greedy bug & doesn't realize that it's past the point of taking advantage of the addicts obsessions.

I agree. Elderly and on a fixed income, I just can no longer afford to "keep up". And it seems there are an abundance of FC things and only some idiotic facility to buy with coins. Where did FARM go ????

earlgray Mar 26 2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

I have to agree. Although I stopped buying every last new Farm Cash facility and tool a long time ago, and firmly believe that this game can be enjoyable without owning every single facility and tool, having $20 worth of Farm Cash items released every single month is just unreasonable. And I agree that adding so many facilities every month has ceased to be fun. I too used to derive the greatest part of my enjoyment from FT by creating new farm layouts, but now it just seems like I need to create new farms and layouts for the sole purpose of having a place to put new facilities, unless I go the route of hiding them all behind other objects, like some players.

It's also true that it's become nearly impossible to get 2 FC for completing cooperative quests, because the sheer number of products produced by the ever increasing number of facilities, especially products for which there is limited use, makes it too difficult too frequently to find all the ingredients necessary to complete enough of the quests. I enjoy doing the regular quests, and used to enjoy doing the cooperative quests. I would like to see the developers either find a way to change cooperative quests to make it more possible to complete them and obtain the 2 FC, or come up with some other type of quest or process to earn FC on a regular basis.

And in general, I don't feel like a lot of the new things added to the game have added to the FUN factor - they just feel like ways to scramble to try to keep up with the constantly increasing need to get more, more, more of everything (and some of those just seem too complicated and time consuming, on top of it). They haven't made the game more enjoyable.

dave1949 Mar 26 2019 01:52 AM

Being an OAP on limited budget, I completely agree what was said by Earlgray

marymarcel Mar 26 2019 03:20 PM

Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Post Release Updates - March 26th, 4:00PM

- Released the Taste of Taiwan service facility.

WillowTreeFarm Mar 27 2019 11:56 AM

Thank you Raul and team for the update. I started playing Farm Town 10 years ago today. This game has gotten me through some rough times and I'm so thankful it is still going strong. I may not live another 10 years but I hope Farm Town lives on.

StoneFace Mar 27 2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm (Post 6292326)
Thank you Raul and team for the update. I started playing Farm Town 10 years ago today. This game has gotten me through some rough times and I'm so thankful it is still going strong. I may not live another 10 years but I hope Farm Town lives on.

I hope you both live on as long as there is dirt to be bought (probably 100 farms worth - can you imagine?)

My 10 years comes in April

KnittyGirl Mar 29 2019 05:35 PM

I agree DianeCK. I, too, have been playing for about 10 years and I try to set aside my $39.99 to buy farmcash. It is getting so costly to buy fc facilities and to expand my farms. This last update with 4 fc facilities and 2 coin facilities was not what I expected. I wish they'd go back to even amounts of facilities for fc and coins.

drr30 Mar 30 2019 07:17 AM

Farm cash factory

I also agree with the many players we have way to many farm cash factories. I would like to see an upgrade in tools. We haven't had one since the purple hand was created. Just my opinion but the majority of farm cash factories is a waste of money the only ones worth buying are the oil refinery, oil factory, and cinnamon factory the rest is useless. I have a farm with almost 3000 factories and less then 20 are farm cash factories. My point is you really don't need to spend a lot of money on this game if you play smart I spend less then $20 a month and most of that goes for train cars.

ArielB Apr 01 2019 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 6291390)
thanks but 2 coin facilities to 4 FC facilities is and has been very unbalanced imho.

I agree -- please provide more coin facilities!

Tiger Apr 01 2019 04:20 PM

UPDATE!

Post Release Updates - April 1st, 5:00PM

- Released 16 new Easter items, 2 as gift, 12 at the top of the Easter category at the Store and 2 at the bottom.