Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Display Issues, Preferences, Sounds and Music (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594614)

Taz D Oct 12 2011 11:25 PM

Display Issues, Preferences, Sounds and Music

This Thread is for posting issues about display, preferences, sounds/music. Please read the information here before you post. Thank you!

Some common display issues on FT can be fixed by:
  • Clearing your cache.
  • Updating your flash player.
  • Right clicking your mouse on the farm screen and selecting "Show all".
  • By adjusting your browser settings to 100%.
    or Pressing "CTRL" and "0" (zero) on your keyboard resets some browsers

For anything to do with Preferences see Chapter 03 - The Preference Bar

To turn off the Sounds or Music in the game :

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gamegu...Sound Icon.jpg Hover over the sound icon and another icon will drop down, the music icon. To turn all sounds off, click on both icons to turn them red.
http://r1.slashkey.com/images/Tiger/...on all off.png

Suggestions for Preferences post in Settings/ Pop ups/ Preferences/ Filters

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

farmtownpatty Dec 04 2013 11:46 AM

Farm window

Hi, for some reason my farm window is messed up. I have to go full screen to to open toolbox for reason and other problems. My window is not has shrunk and not large enough to play the game without going to full screen. I did have a green bar around screen and is now gone. I go to the market to work and can't message other farmers what I need done, it is so far under the screen that I can't get to it. This all happened when I purchased the 10 x 10 tools, which I could not go to the store to buy and figured out I had to click on the in the tool box and it told me I had to purchase via the store and clicked on arrow and then it allowed me to purchase. Is anybody else having this problem? TY!

KnightRider Dec 04 2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmtownpatty (Post 5733238)
Hi, for some reason my farm window is messed up. I have to go full screen to to open toolbox for reason and other problems. My window is not has shrunk and not large enough to play the game without going to full screen. I did have a green bar around screen and is now gone. I go to the market to work and can't message other farmers what I need done, it is so far under the screen that I can't get to it. This all happened when I purchased the 10 x 10 tools, which I could not go to the store to buy and figured out I had to click on the in the tool box and it told me I had to purchase via the store and clicked on arrow and then it allowed me to purchase. Is anybody else having this problem? TY!

Try right click anywhere on the farm and then click on show all and see if that helps.

jejfedwards Dec 04 2013 12:38 PM

clicking is touchy again

when i go to click, its reposting same thing 2-3 times.. i dont know if this is because of new updates again or a face book issue but we lose our up to 5 different ingredients we can ask for.. please check this bug and fix it again..

Taz D Dec 04 2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jejfedwards (Post 5733302)
when i go to click, its reposting same thing 2-3 times.. i dont know if this is because of new updates again or a face book issue but we lose our up to 5 different ingredients we can ask for.. please check this bug and fix it again..

If you are getting multiple clicks then you need to check your mouse. If it is a wireless mouse then change the battery or if it is a wired mouse then you may need a new one.

dorissau Dec 04 2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5733258)
Try right click anywhere on the farm and then click on show all and see if that helps.

It does help, but it's a pain to have to do that every time I change anything I'm doing. Most of the applications won't work in full screen, so this is a real problem. I tried three different browsers, changed my screen resolution and cleaned up everything. Nothing helps !! fix it, fix it !!!

KnightRider Dec 04 2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 5733430)
It does help, but it's a pain to have to do that every time I change anything I'm doing. Most of the applications won't work in full screen, so this is a real problem. I tried three different browsers, changed my screen resolution and cleaned up everything. Nothing helps !! fix it, fix it !!!

If it does it every time then it sounds like you might have some setting in your browsers that have changed the screen zoom, are you talking about screen resolution or screen zoom? They are two different items, screen resolution you have to go into your computer control panel settings and screen zoom you change that in your browser settings or internet settings for some browsers. In Google Chrome you can tell if the zoom is different than 100% which is normal, by looking at the address line at the far right, you will see a magnifying glass with either a "+" or "-" inside it showing whether the zoom is higher or lower than 100%. The screen zoom only affects items in the browsers and screen resolution affects the icons on your desktop main screen and browser information.

dorissau Dec 04 2013 09:36 PM

riginally Posted by farmtownpatty View Post

My problem is exactly the same as this.. in "regular" mode, the screen is so small and I cannot access any of the tools top or bottom.

Taz D Dec 04 2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 5733586)
riginally Posted by farmtownpatty View Post

My problem is exactly the same as this.. in "regular" mode, the screen is so small and I cannot access any of the tools top or bottom.

Right clicking in the farm area and checking "Show All" should fix that. I find the Toolbox gets shifted down sometimes when I go from full screen to normal size and clicking the Show All fixes it.

JoSinger Dec 05 2013 07:58 AM

Toolbar for maximizing, saving, etc. Not Working Maximized

Hi again,

I posted this problem last night. I did get some new information. The toolbars are working fine in I.E, but not working in Chrome.

I cannot use these tools when my farm is maximized in Chrome. It works great in I. E., but I far prefer using Chrome to do my farming. I. E. is very slow and wonky.

Thanks so much for your suggestions,

Take care,
Jo Singer

KnightRider Dec 05 2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoSinger (Post 5733910)
Hi again,

I posted this problem last night. I did get some new information. The toolbars are working fine in I.E, but not working in Chrome.

I cannot use these tools when my farm is maximized in Chrome. It works great in I. E., but I far prefer using Chrome to do my farming. I. E. is very slow and wonky.

Thanks so much for your suggestions,

Take care,
Jo Singer

What happens when you click on the toolbars when you are in full screen, I am figuring when you mean toolbars you mean the toolbar at the top of the game, since last night you said it was the preferce tab that wasn't working, Chrome has different setting than IE does, go into the Chrome settings and make sure that popups are allowed for:

slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
facebook.com
apps.facebook.com
After you set those you will need to close your browser for the changes to set.

garrysa Dec 09 2013 08:08 PM

I cannot hide/undise trees, flowers. buildings

Here is a printcsreen of my game...I can't do anything that requires me to see trees, flowers, or buildings.

Taz D Dec 09 2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrysa (Post 5737566)
Here is a printcsreen of my game...I can't do anything that requires me to see trees, flowers, or buildings.

Did you hide them in your preferences? If so then recheck the boxes for those and they will reappear. Or if you hid them by clicking on an individual tree, flower or building, just restart your farms and they will reappear.
I just went to your farm and they all appear to me.

garrysa Dec 09 2013 09:09 PM

I did hide them using preferences. The game display now is such that preferences are not accessible to me...they are above the top boundary. I can barely click on my toolbox. All was good until about five days ago.

Taz D Dec 09 2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrysa (Post 5737618)
I did hide them using preferences. The game display now is such that preferences are not accessible to me...they are above the top boundary. I can barely click on my toolbox. All was good until about five days ago.

Right click on your farm and choose Show All in the drop down menu. If it doesn't fix it imediately restart your farms after doing that.

garrysa Dec 09 2013 09:14 PM

That fixed it...thanks!

Taz D Dec 09 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrysa (Post 5737634)
That fixed it...thanks!

You are welcome. Glad that worked. :)

Queen.of.Clutter Dec 17 2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsdasher@centurylink.net (Post 5697954)
I did all that was suggested to alleviate the problem with my full screen but it did no good. I still cannot use it because I have those green blobs and don't know what's there.

Playing around with my Flash - I use Google Chrome - and when I went into - about://plugins - saw that both the integrated flash (pepperflash) and the stand alone were both enabled. Although Google says it doesn't affect the game, it really does slow it down with both running. I disabled the Pepperflash version and those darned green blobs came back in full screen. I went back into the plugins and enabled the Pepperflash version and the blobs disappeared.

Thought I would mention it as it may be a work-around solution for those stupid pixel blobs in full screen.

Jean's Farm Dec 18 2013 11:12 AM

Problem in the store

Just tried to type something into the store search. It doesn't show what you are typing but it does take you to that item. I was thinking my keyboard needed a new battery but as you can see from this....it doesn't. Anyone else having that trouble......

And I just did my memcache and cleared my cache a day ago. :)

Taz D Dec 18 2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean's Farm (Post 5745122)
Just tried to type something into the store search. It doesn't show what you are typing but it does take you to that item. I was thinking my keyboard needed a new battery but as you can see from this....it doesn't. Anyone else having that trouble......

And I just did my memcache and cleared my cache a day ago. :)

If you were in full screen then it won't show anything you type.

Jean's Farm Dec 18 2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5745138)
If you were in full screen then it won't show anything you type.

Nope not in full screen. If I started typing in Soybeans...which I wanted....it would NOT show the letters typed. The cursor would move like it was typing but did not show the letters. The store however changed from all the seeds to just soy.

Taz D Dec 18 2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean's Farm (Post 5745394)
Nope not in full screen. If I started typing in Soybeans...which I wanted....it would NOT show the letters typed. The cursor would move like it was typing but did not show the letters. The store however changed from all the seeds to just soy.

Have you tried a different browser to see if it is a browser specific problem?

Jean's Farm Dec 19 2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5745410)
Have you tried a different browser to see if it is a browser specific problem?

No I have not. I like chrome. Things run good for me in chrome. I have problems in other browsers. I can live with it.

And I actually just went there when I saw your reply and it seems to have fixed it's self. Must have been a glitch.

Thanks for your help!!!! :)

Raineb Jan 01 2014 03:50 PM

My Farm is huge help me

My farms are huge I can't work them very easy when I go back to Facebook everything is fine...how and why are they like this...:confused:

Taz D Jan 01 2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raineb (Post 5755666)
My farms are huge I can't work them very easy when I go back to Facebook everything is fine...how and why are they like this...:confused:

When you have your farms open check your zoom and make sure it is 100% and not larger. You browser will remember what size a page was last set at which is why your Facebook page is normal.

Mira Jan 02 2014 06:55 AM

Crop quantities

Bring back QUANTITIES of the stored crops, dammit!
(I only wonder whose bright idea was to remove it!!!!:rolleyes:)

Coins do not help us to see how much is left and what urgently needs to be sown!!!!

dnana Jan 02 2014 09:25 PM

Mira, hi, where are you looking that you see the coin amounts of your crops? I still see the quantities when I click my seeder and put the crops in order with 'stored amount'. Even when you look in the store, without clicking a tool, it tells you what amount you have stored. Please tell us what you are looking at, thanks!

Taz D Jan 02 2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mira (Post 5756026)

Coins do not help us to see how much is left and what urgently needs to be sown!!!!

Have had a couple people using Chrome report this. Is that the browser you are using?
Try clearing your memcache (link below). then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. I would retart your computer too after you do this. If that doesn't get them back try again. The others got those back after clearing a couple times.

Caz39 Jan 04 2014 08:03 AM

My screen has shrunk

I was working on Farm Town and my screen has shrunk - it is fine on main Facebook but when I enter Farm Town it is in miniture. I can go to full screen but then I can't chat to people. I pressed see all but it still brings it up but tiny
Thanks

KnightRider Jan 04 2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz39 (Post 5757114)
I was working on Farm Town and my screen has shrunk - it is fine on main Facebook but when I enter Farm Town it is in miniture. I can go to full screen but then I can't chat to people. I pressed see all but it still brings it up but tiny
Thanks

Try pressing <ctrl> and <+> to see if it will enlarge your screen or you can go into your browser menu and increase your screen zoom from there, each browser has its own way to get into the browser menu. On Chrome you click on the 3 horizontal bars on the right hand side.

Flaky Angel Jan 05 2014 11:28 AM

I just got Win 7 and I am having a problem.

My bar that has xp and stuff is way down below the top of my screen. How do I set it so it's back where it is supposed to be? It's also so small I can barely see it. if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.:)

Taz D Jan 05 2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaky Angel (Post 5757570)
My bar that has xp and stuff is way down below the top of my screen. How do I set it so it's back where it is supposed to be? It's also so small I can barely see it. if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.:)

Right click in your farm and select Show All from the menu.
If that doesn't fix it check your browser zoom and make sure it is at 100%

Flaky Angel Jan 05 2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5757574)
Right click in your farm and select Show All from the menu.
If that doesn't fix it check your browser zoom and make sure it is at 100%

That fixed it. Thank you so much Taz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taz D Jan 05 2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaky Angel (Post 5757578)
That fixed it. Thank you so much Taz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are welcome. Glad that worked. :)

Jean's Farm Jan 05 2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz39 (Post 5757114)
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5757118)
Try pressing <ctrl> and <+> to see if it will enlarge your screen or you can go into your browser menu and increase your screen zoom from there, each browser has its own way to get into the browser menu. On Chrome you click on the 3 horizontal bars on the right hand side.

Mine does this too and has been doing it for a long time. I use google chrome and I use ctrl and the wheel on my mouse and make it larger. When I get it above 125% I stop and open chromes tool box....the 3 bars on the upper right and drop it back down to 125%. That puts it back where it used to be. I can use chat etc. I have to do this usually EVERY time I come into FT. :)

Jean's Farm Jan 05 2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mira (Post 5756026)

At the risk of repeating....clear your cache and memcache. I did this when it first happened to me. That fixed it but I still have the problem occasionally. I think it's a glitch they need to fix, please. :)

theperfectnina Jan 06 2014 08:26 PM

No on in the market place

Hi, I realise people might still be on holiday but there is hardly anyone in the market place to hire, with 20 farms of different things to be done how are we to actually play the game if there is no one to hire??

Has anyone else notices this? Please do NOT tell me to hire a neighbour, they want the bonus chest (that is broken) so most won't work for me, plus time zones puts them in bed when I'm awake mostly.

I don't play to do the work myself.

sorry about the spelling error in thread heading, No ONE in the market place

Taz D Jan 06 2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theperfectnina (Post 5758130)
Hi, I realise people might still be on holiday but there is hardly anyone in the market place to hire, with 20 farms of different things to be done how are we to actually play the game if there is no one to hire??

Has anyone else notices this? Please do NOT tell me to hire a neighbour, they want the bonus chest (that is broken) so most won't work for me, plus time zones puts them in bed when I'm awake mostly.

I don't play to do the work myself.

sorry about the spelling error in thread heading, No ONE in the market place

I just went into the marketplace on server 3 and found 20 people in there. Check to make sure your language is set to English. That has been known to change on its own or when they are working on the servers. If that isn't it then there isn't much that Farm Town can do. Can't force them to work.

theperfectnina Jan 07 2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5758142)
I just went into the marketplace on server 3 and found 20 people in there. Check to make sure your language is set to English. That has been known to change on its own or when they are working on the servers. If that isn't it then there isn't much that Farm Town can do. Can't force them to work.

I only speak English lol

Taz D Jan 07 2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theperfectnina (Post 5758210)
I only speak English lol

In the Map that you use to go to the Market, there is also an option for language. If that is not set to English (US) or English (UK) then you will not see very many people in the markets.