Farm Town

Farm Town (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Display Issues, Preferences, Sounds and Music (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594614)

Taz D Jun 30 2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanska (Post 5975602)
I need to buy a new tablet. Does anyone know what ones work with farm town?

Hi Nanska,
Any of them that you can get a browser installed on that has Flash Player.

Rozie Farmer Jul 01 2015 11:14 PM

I cann't go to the market without trouble

Hello, as of a few days I can not go to the market anymore. I see a green screen and nothing happens. I have to reload the game and then, if I am lucky and do not do anything at all on the farm (even not moving my avatar), I can access the market. Do other people have this problem too? I play via Google chrome.
Thanks for reading this.

Taz D Jul 01 2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozie Farmer (Post 5976230)
Hello, as of a few days I can not go to the market anymore. I see a green screen and nothing happens. I have to reload the game and then, if I am lucky and do not do anything at all on the farm (even not moving my avatar), I can access the market. Do other people have this problem too? I play via Google chrome.
Thanks for reading this.

Hi Rosie,
Make sure your Chrome is updated. There was a problem with the Flash included with it and they were supposed to update.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Also try another browser to see if the problem is in Google Chrome.

Farm Cash Jul 02 2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwmckay (Post 5973010)
Google chrome says it no longer supports the flash player Farmtown uses for security reasons. Is there any plan to upgrade to a better flash player or am I done with farmtown?

Guess they dont want us chrome players..

Taz D Jul 02 2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farm Cash (Post 5976238)
Guess they dont want us chrome players..

Hi Farm Cash,
Chrome are phasing out a NPAPI flash player plugin that caused more security issues than it was helpful. Chrome auto updates, when it does you should get the new flash player along with it.

Have a look and see if your version of chrome needs updating.
To do this, look top right of your browser page for 3 lines. Click on it and scoll down to About Google Chrome. Click on that and Chrome will automatically search for updates for you.

Farm Cash Jul 02 2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5976242)
Hi Farm Cash,
Chrome are phasing out a NPAPI flash player plugin that caused more security issues than it was helpful. Chrome auto updates, when it does you should get the new flash player along with it.

Have a look and see if your version of chrome needs updating.
To do this, look top right of your browser page for 3 lines. Click on it and scoll down to About Google Chrome. Click on that and Chrome will automatically search for updates for you.

already done all that..i'm up to date

Aussie Rae Jul 02 2015 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozie Farmer (Post 5976230)
Thanks for reading this.

I had this problem when trying to go to the Real Estate Office, in fact anywhere except to another of my farms, ended up doing a Clear Cache from my chrome based Browser, Coolnovo, which is faster than Google Chrome and now all is back to normal.

Rozie Farmer Jul 02 2015 08:56 AM

Hello again,
Thank you for your advice. I did all that (clear memcache, update Google Chrome and clear browse history), closed the browser, reloaded the game and the problem is still there :confused: .
The green screen does not occur when I open my farm and immediately go to the market. It occurs when I first do something on my farm, no matter what. I think I will just reload the game every time I want to go to the market. I do not want to install another browser if I can avoid the "bug" by just reloading the game. Oh well, there is worse in the world.
thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5976234)
Hi Rosie,
Make sure your Chrome is updated. There was a problem with the Flash included with it and they were supposed to update.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Also try another browser to see if the problem is in Google Chrome.

dell466 Jul 02 2015 10:18 AM

When I return from the market, there are many uninvited farmers wandering around my farm. I would prefer that only neighbors or hired farmers be allowed to be on my farm. I then have to reload my farm to get rid of these trespassers.

Taz D Jul 02 2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dell466 (Post 5976406)
When I return from the market, there are many uninvited farmers wandering around my farm. I would prefer that only neighbors or hired farmers be allowed to be on my farm. I then have to reload my farm to get rid of these trespassers.

Hi Dell,
I moved your post from Suggestions to the Help & Support section to answer you. The extra people you see when you come back from the market are ghosts that sometimes still get displayed when you return to your farm. They cannot do anything on your farms because they are not really there. There is nothing that can be done to stop this from happening occasionally.