Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions About Cargo Ships (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626306)

Qivis Dec 23 2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytinPA (Post 6120506)
The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(

As has been pointed out, you do not have to get all the container cars ready before dispatching the ship. But you're right. It does give those of us on Social Security, disability, retired, or on vacation an advantage! :D

Taz D Dec 23 2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinni (Post 6120622)
So about the ships. Can I buy 2 different color ships and get them both ready and then just launch 1 each day or do I have to wait to prep them 1 a day. If i have to wait and only prep 1 a day what's the point in getting more than 1 ship.

Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 11:09 AM

Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...

LazyMare Dec 23 2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6120790)
Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...

Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point. :)

Ouiser Boudreux Dec 23 2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6120654)
Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.

So again, what is the point of having more than one ship? I must be missing something ???

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyMare (Post 6120822)
Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point. :)

So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...
:confused:

Tiger Dec 23 2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6120894)
So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...
:confused:

Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6120898)
Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.

But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.

Tiger Dec 23 2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NooNoo (Post 6120902)
But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.

Hi NooNoo,

You can post your worries in the New Release thread and when Raul reads all the members posts in there, he may add to his post more information.

I can't help you with neighbours that are away on holiday, but the Ships Logbook does show you the picture of the neighbour your ship is at. If you go to the Neighbours tab at the top of your game screen and perhaps set it to "Activity" you should be able to find your friend there and if you click on their name it will take you to their FB profile so you could send a message that way if the ships been stuck at their port for many hours.

NooNoo Dec 23 2016 02:27 PM

And if the neighbour doesn't do ships so is never going to look in the ship tool?

This is the feedback forum. I am giving Feedback. Perhaps Raul can read the feedback thread???