Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Farm Cash (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415554)

Platonicsolid Nov 23 2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5725458)
You mentioned that this is probably the most expensive game, but yet you offered no proof of that by showing stats of other prices, you can't show one price and say that is the highest without comparision. If you don't want to spend any money to enjoy the perks that come with spending some money that is your choice, others choose to spend some money and enjoy the perks of the game, like the higher tools or being able to start or store items in a single click. Do you go into stores and tell the manager that their products is too expensive and that you think they should lower their price cause you are not willing to pay their price? Same with FT, this is a business and they are selling virtual goods, if you want to purchase you can otherwise don't. You say they should collect $2,000 from 50 out of 100 instead of $1,000 from 1 out of 100, did you just make these stats up or did these stats come from somewhere. How do you know that they are not collecting $1,000 from more than 1 out of 100, they could be collecting that from 30 or 40 out of 100, your stats is flawed because the are made up. Some prices could be lower, but it isn't up to me to tell them how to run their business, like everyone else I have the choice to either purchase the items or not purchase the items.

My exact statement was: “in the realm of video games, FT and similar type Facebook games may be the most expensive around.” Which is a comparison of non-FB video games for PC, MAC, and Consoles vs. FB games like FarmTown and FarmVille. When you consider what you get for $1,000 in non-FB video games the difference in quality and value is so huge it’s laughable. I posted example stats to make a simple basic marketing point: I am a potential customer who is not purchasing their overpriced product. The question then becomes: How many potential customers are out there like me?

I’m not telling them how to run their business. It’s their prerogative to keep everything as is and they won’t make any money from potential customers like me. I’m just letting them know how to tap this side of the market if they wanted to. For the record, I tell manufacturers that their prices are too high all the time and guess what … they almost always lower their prices to keep my business. If you prefer to remain silent about ridiculous prices, that’s your choice. I choose to try to improve the situation.

daisy too Nov 24 2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

You may not get a reply from them but at least if they get enough complaints they will look into it.
Also you can contact Trialpay and see if they will do something about it.
I am not sure how you can call it fraud when it is something for free. There are plenty of other surveys you can try. Those surveys are created by the companies they pertain to. So as long as you can complete them regardless of how crazy the questions then you can still get the free cash.
I have sent an email to Trialpay and they told me I have to complete the full survey - AND that they do not control it, it's the companies that conduct the surverys.
The main issue I have with the surverys is that you can spend 30 minutes answering questions, thinking you are already taking the "survey", only to be told that you do not qualify to take a survey.
A "SURVEY" is when you answer quesitons. if you answer over 20 questions, you're taking the survey, not qualifying to take the survey.

KnightRider Nov 24 2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy too (Post 5726038)
I have sent an email to Trialpay and they told me I have to complete the full survey - AND that they do not control it, it's the companies that conduct the surverys.
The main issue I have with the surverys is that you can spend 30 minutes answering questions, thinking you are already taking the "survey", only to be told that you do not qualify to take a survey.
A "SURVEY" is when you answer quesitons. if you answer over 20 questions, you're taking the survey, not qualifying to take the survey.

That is why I don't even try to do the surveys anymore because you have to qualify and no one does of if they do that person is lucky, I might watch a video or try to play a game, but if I have to put in information or anything I won't do it, don't want to get spam.

ccheney Nov 24 2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5726154)
That is why I don't even try to do the surveys anymore because you have to qualify and no one does of if they do that person is lucky, I might watch a video or try to play a game, but if I have to put in information or anything I won't do it, don't want to get spam.

The best thing to do if you want to try the surveys is set up an email just for that purpose so the spam will go to that email and not your regular email.

JW2009 Nov 30 2013 12:31 PM

Hi, well i did a survey for 7 fc and i still waiting for the fc to be added, if it does, then i will comment on it here. After i was done, it said congratulations you have successfully completed the survey and activated your account with the survey site. It took me more then 45 minutes and I hope and wait for the fc. Thank you and Happy Farming

Taz D Nov 30 2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW2009 (Post 5730330)
Hi, well i did a survey for 7 fc and i still waiting for the fc to be added, if it does, then i will comment on it here. After i was done, it said congratulations you have successfully completed the survey and activated your account with the survey site. It took me more then 45 minutes and I hope and wait for the fc. Thank you and Happy Farming

Those are controlled and offered by Trialpay. If you don't get your FC then you will need to contact them by clicking the help in the earn cash tab. Slashkey has no control over those.

ckpeer@gmail.com Dec 01 2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW2009 (Post 5730330)

A similar thing happened to me. Frankly these "surveys" are a SCAM. I signed up for a survey about movies, was told I would get 7 FC and that it would take approximately 20-25 minutes. There were LOTS of questions, I needed to evaluate movies that I had seen, compare them to others, also discussed Blu Ray vs DVD movies and which I preferred. After about 30 minutes, having answered dozens of questions, I was told that "I did NOT qualify" for this survey. I didn't post anything here on the forum, because I had noticed that those who did got the story that Slashkey had nothing to do with these surveys, and that I needed to complain to Facebook and Trialpay, which I did. It has been approximately 3 weeks and I have been put on IGNORE by Trialpay. Frankly, if Slashkey wishes to maintain a good reputation, they should distance themselves from this scam. The responses from the moderators regarding this issue does reflect this attempt.

The OTHER issue is one of cash. Since the last update, those who are on fixed incomes are attempting to find ways to earn additional FC. As another player on this forum has explained, this is a VERY expensive game and if one were to buy most, not all, facilities, tools, and trains the dollar amount would be approximately $1000.

I don't know what the hold up is about granting FC as a reward in the Quests, but I can tell you that if the developers did that, there would be a great surge of attention given to the Quests. Currently, if a player has earned more than 475 levels, the only chance of additional FC is 25 FC once every 3 months or so, which is inadequate to purchase anything with, unless that player has an unlimited amount of real cash available for this game.

KnightRider Dec 01 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 5730806)
A similar thing happened to me. Frankly these "surveys" are a SCAM. I signed up for a survey about movies, was told I would get 7 FC and that it would take approximately 20-25 minutes. There were LOTS of questions, I needed to evaluate movies that I had seen, compare them to others, also discussed Blu Ray vs DVD movies and which I preferred. After about 30 minutes, having answered dozens of questions, I was told that "I did NOT qualify" for this survey. I didn't post anything here on the forum, because I had noticed that those who did got the story that Slashkey had nothing to do with these surveys, and that I needed to complain to Facebook and Trialpay, which I did. It has been approximately 3 weeks and I have been put on IGNORE by Trialpay. Frankly, if Slashkey wishes to maintain a good reputation, they should distance themselves from this scam. The responses from the moderators regarding this issue does reflect this attempt.

The OTHER issue is one of cash. Since the last update, those who are on fixed incomes are attempting to find ways to earn additional FC. As another player on this forum has explained, this is a VERY expensive game and if one were to buy most, not all, facilities, tools, and trains the dollar amount would be approximately $1000.

I don't know what the hold up is about granting FC as a reward in the Quests, but I can tell you that if the developers did that, there would be a great surge of attention given to the Quests. Currently, if a player has earned more than 475 levels, the only chance of additional FC is 25 FC once every 3 months or so, which is inadequate to purchase anything with, unless that player has an unlimited amount of real cash available for this game.

In my opinion saying that the mayor might occasionally award FC for quests is asking for trouble. When it starts some players are going to get FC for their quest and their neighbors will not get any and they are going to flock to the forum and complain that they have not received any FC for quests and it is unfair that their neighbors got some and they didn't. They only way I could see that they could do it without all of the complaints is to make it that you get 1 FC for every ? quests. Me I would say the number to replace the "?" would be something like 5 or 6, you mentioned that unless a player has unlimited amount of real cash, I am on limited disability and don't have unlimited cash, but I purchase FC when I can, so unlimited cash is not needed, I pay my bills and if or when I have a little left over I spend on this game, it is the only game now that I will use cash on. For the ones that can't or don't want to purchase any, if they get gifts like birthday or Christmas gifts, tell everyone that you would like Facebook gift cards, if I got gifts for Christmas and birthdays anymore that is what I would do.

It seems like it would be hard for Farm Town and Slashkey to distance themselves from the offers and TrialPay since they don't control what is put in the offers.

Taz D Dec 01 2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 5730806)

Slashkey does not have a choice for the Earn Cash offers. All of the games are mandated by Facebook that if they are going to offer these then it has to be done through them and Trialpay.

ccheney Dec 02 2013 08:00 PM

Has anyone noticed that the Earn FC offers aren't coming up? I click on the Earn Cash tab and I get a white screen.Nothing else comes up. I wonder if they blocked me because I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau?