Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- March 18th, 2020 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645574)

Raul Mar 18 2020 01:33 AM

New Release -- March 18th, 2020

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on April 6th, 12:30AM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Espaņol AQUI

1. 50 x 50 farm expansion for Farms 31 to 40: Please note that these expansions are for the *original farms* 31 to 40. If you have moved your farms around using the Farm Selector Manager then you will need to find your original farms from 31 to 40 to expand them. You cannot expand a farm just because it is sitting in one of those locations in your Farm Selector.

2. Updated the list of facilities that can be part of a Facility Chain: About 50 facilities were added to the list.

3. Zoom level changes: We removed the biggest 'zoom in' level and added a new smallest 'zoom out' level to make it easier to work bigger farms.

4. Other Minor Improvements:

a) You can now have more than 4 Billion fuel
b) The tool tip showing the XP info when you mouse over the level bar is now more accurate , meaning the mouse have to be exactly over the bar, this will reduce the number of times the tool tip is shown unintentionally

5. Train Manager: This tool allows you to manage all your trains in one place, similar to the way the Seaport Manager work for your ships, you can:

- Dispatch, Unload and Request Boosts for your trains
- Have additional information on how many boosts are still available for each train.

Note: The total boosts allowed for each train can vary from 10 to 13, this was not intentional but made the implementation way easier, also, the end result is the same, meaning, the total amount of time that your friends will be able to speed up a particular train will be 24 hours in all cases. We may change this in the future.

6. Increased train benefits:

a) Reduced travel times for ALL trains by 1 day, i.e.: the Standard Locomotive takes 6 days, the Turbo Locomotive takes 2 days, etc
b) When unloading a train, if you have at least 3 trains dispatched or ready to unload with 10 cars each, you will earn an extra bonus of 80% of the products delivered by that train. Note that any of your trains have the chance to earn this bonus, not only those with 10 freight cars.

7. Pig Show Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Pig Show Supplies.

Sorting Panel
Pen Divider Gate
Sorting Rattle Paddle
Hog Show Cane
Nipple Waterer
Pig Feeder
Alley Scraper
Exhibitor Number Harness

8. Hobby Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Hobby Supplies.

Coin Collector Album
Stamp Magnifying Glass
Space Shuttle Kit
Pinewood Derby Kit
Model Track Switch
Model Locomotive
Remote Control Transmitter
Remote Control Car

9. Pig Show Facility (FC): Provides Pig Show Services and can be stocked with products from the Pig Show Supplies Factory.

10. Hobby Shop (Coins): Provides Hobby Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Hobby Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - March 19th, 11:20PM

- Bugfix: Could not add neighbours in the 'My Neighbours' tab

Post Release Updates - March 25th, 3:30AM

- Increased train benefits as stated in point #6 in the main post: reduced all train times by 1 Day and a new bonus from the Mayor of 80% of the train products if you meat the requirements.

- Train Manager improvements:

a) Added Sort functionality to sort your trains by Farm or Locomotive
b) Added an 'Open' button under each train to open the train details and check current freight cars, etc
c) When dispatching a train we are showing the usual feedback of coins and fuel spent

- BugFix: 'Remove Neighbour' menu option in the neighbour bar was broken.

Post Release Updates - March 27th, 1:30AM

- BugFix: Incorrect error messages and freight cars shown when opening trains from the Train Manager.

Post Release Updates - March 30th, 8:30PM

- BugFix: Issues with the latest version of Chrome:

a) Can not accept gifts or boost trains
b) When posting facilities or requesting ingredients your post will appear on your friends Facebook profiles but not in their My Request tab inside Farmtown
c) When sending train boost request, after you click the 'Done' button the game will reload itself

Post Release Updates - April 6th, 12:30AM

- Released 15 Easter items, 8 at the top of the Easter category in the store and 7 at the bottom.

Known Issues:

None.

buffaloboy Mar 18 2020 01:34 AM

hi

thanks so much
hughs from austria vienna

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...345&farm_ix=39

bruhelmboldt Mar 18 2020 01:38 AM

Thanks, Raul and Dev Team. We can't boost more than one train with more than one neighbor?

Aussie Rae Mar 18 2020 01:51 AM

the new train manager is so easy, and now we can see how many boosts a train has.. thank you devs.. :) also the new facs... still searching for more new stuff, :)

Dana1971 Mar 18 2020 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt (Post 6348482)
Thanks, Raul and Dev Team. We can't boost more than one train with more than one neighbor?

Is what you are saying is like if we have 5 Trains we have to have 5 Neighbors?

barbaraelwart Mar 18 2020 02:07 AM

Thanks for the new release. I am loving the Train Manager, works well, happy with that , even if that was all there was to this release ! LOL

Aussie Rae Mar 18 2020 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaraelwart (Post 6348494)
Thanks for the new release. I am loving the Train Manager, works well, happy with that , even if that was all there was to this release ! LOL

there are new facilities in the store..

BarbLH Mar 18 2020 02:17 AM

Thanks for the update, Raul & team.

RFMad Mar 18 2020 02:32 AM

When I use the Train Manager, my game reloads and it still shows all the neighbors that I have already sent to boost it. Will neighbors be able to boost more than one train per day? And will the game continue to reload every time I send a train?

Aussie Rae Mar 18 2020 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFMad (Post 6348510)
When I use the Train Manager, my game reloads and it still shows all the neighbors that I have already sent to boost it. Will neighbors be able to boost more than one train per day? And will the game continue to reload every time I send a train?

perhaps run the memcache in case you have some corrupt data?

WendyP57 Mar 18 2020 03:15 AM

might be just me, but when i go to zoom level 1 it zooms further out than before. Hope it stays like that, makes harvest, plow and plant easier without having to move the farm around to cover it all

cgsfarm Mar 18 2020 03:49 AM

Just used the new Train Manager...was on a totally different farm...what a joy to just click a couple of times to use load and dispatch the trains.

cgsfarm Mar 18 2020 04:05 AM

just bought the 4 new facilities...tyvm

machamo Mar 18 2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 6348474)
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, details coming sometime tomorrow Thursday.

Please report here any issues you may find in the mean time.

Thanks

--Raul

have to wait to buy new factories because they use stainless steel and won't be able to support them if stainless steel sheet production is not increased along with the coin start ingredients associated with them.

machamo Mar 18 2020 05:21 AM

I have to wait to find out if the stainless steel production has been increased, along with the coin start ingredients associated with them, since the new factories require more stainless steel sheets again. The last 6 factories have required stainless steel sheets and no increase in production or increase in coin start ingredients associated with them.I can not support anymore increases of this item,

Tiger Mar 18 2020 05:49 AM

Thanks Raul and Team, much appreciated! :D

Tiger Mar 18 2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt (Post 6348482)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1971 (Post 6348490)
Is what you are saying is like if we have 5 Trains we have to have 5 Neighbors?

Hi bruhelmboldt and Dana 1971,

I'm sorry but I have removed any mention or partial mention of the other method mentioned to boost trains from all posts, as that is a trick and we are not permitted to allow them to be posted in the forum.

You are only supposed to send one boost to each friend. Once you send a boost to a friend you should see that their name will no longer be in the list when you boost the next train.

Tiger Mar 18 2020 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFMad (Post 6348510)

Hi RFMad,

No it's not supposed to do that. However there is a problem for some users using the latest version of Chrome which does cause that to happen so if you're using Chrome for the time being you'll need to use another browser if you want to avoid that.

The issues with the latest version of Chrome that many are having are listed in the post in this link:
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Gift error

annalienjvr Mar 18 2020 06:13 AM

Thanks for the new facilities. Bought them all. There seems to be a bug with the accepting gifts. I can send gifts, but still can't receive any. Can't help with trains. Have done everything I could to try and solve the problem. I have the latest upgrade of Chrome installed. Isn't it probably a problem with FB. Seems friends playing other games experience the same problem with gifts sending/receiving. Thanks for always be great with helping.

iceberg Mar 18 2020 06:38 AM

I gave 19 gifts in my gift box with a week and I cand receive them can you help plz
and I am taking ages to get the work done on peoples farm the whole game seems to have got slower.

Tiger Mar 18 2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annalienjvr (Post 6348554)
Thanks for the new facilities. Bought them all. There seems to be a bug with the accepting gifts. I can send gifts, but still can't receive any. Can't help with trains. Have done everything I could to try and solve the problem. I have the latest upgrade of Chrome installed. Isn't it probably a problem with FB. Seems friends playing other games experience the same problem with gifts sending/receiving. Thanks for always be great with helping.

Hi annalienjvr,

The issues with the latest version of Chrome that many are having are listed in the post in this link, please keep an eye on that post as we will update that as we get new information. When you have the problems with Chrome and nothing you can do yourself will resolve it, you will have to use a different browser for some aspects of the game or you can temporarily switch to using a different browser altogether. Here's the link:
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Gift error

If after reading that post you have more questions you would like to ask about the Chrome issues please post about that in Help and Support

Farmer_Susan Mar 18 2020 06:52 AM

Ha! Didn't know we had a new release until I opened my new Cooperative Quest and I needed a facility I didn't have. FUN!

Train thing works great for me.

I'm PRETTY sure I got a nice, unexpected bonus, too: I was working my regular quests today. Thought I was finished with all I could do today and then suddenly I had another new quest to work. This COULD have just been "old brain" syndrome and maybe I just thought I had already done a new quest, but I'm pretty sure I was able to open 2 new regular quests today instead of the one I should have gotten. Whether it was my brain or a glitch, it was a nice surprise! LOL

RoseArienh Mar 18 2020 07:20 AM

Thank you! Just the boost I needed. :)

marymarcel Mar 18 2020 07:28 AM

Thanks so much Raul :)

Grumpy Old Man 1 Mar 18 2020 07:30 AM

I can work my fields without having to click and drag to see the whole farm? I can go to one page to work all my trains without having to load 10 farms, one for each train? it just doesn't get any better than this! ;-) Thanks for the continuous improvements to the game.

debhurst51 Mar 18 2020 08:06 AM

Happy Dance!!!!!!! New Stuff!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob T Mar 18 2020 08:38 AM

Thanks Raul and Team :)

DCN-Toujours Mar 18 2020 08:49 AM

Thank You!!

Thanks so much, Raul and Team!!
This new release couldn't have come at a better time!!
Stay safe & healthy, everyone!!
donna

TwylahSkye Mar 18 2020 10:27 AM

Boosting trains causes the game to reload. Yes, I cleared my memecache.

donandccshow Mar 18 2020 10:44 AM

Thanks for the update. When using the train manager, is farmtown supposed to refresh when complete. Then when I go back to check, nothing shows up?

Taz D Mar 18 2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwylahSkye (Post 6348630)
Boosting trains causes the game to reload. Yes, I cleared my memecache.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donandccshow (Post 6348638)
Thanks for the update. When using the train manager, is farmtown supposed to refresh when complete. Then when I go back to check, nothing shows up?

Hi TwylahSkye and Donandccshow,
If you are using Chrome and have the gift problem then this for the trains is also a part of that. Please check the information in the following link about that with things to try:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442

If you have further problems with this then please post in the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242882

YourManRod Mar 18 2020 11:53 AM

It seems that the zoom out to see larger farms is so much better too. Thanks for the upgrade.

RFMad Mar 18 2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6348514)
perhaps run the memcache in case you have some corrupt data?

Thanks. I just have to wait for another train to see if it worked.

RFMad Mar 18 2020 12:13 PM

I just updated Chrome and ran the mem cache but the farm reloaded after I boosted it from the train manager. I started not being able to get gifts from Chrome yesterday but had to get them using Firefox. I hope this can be figured out :)

Taz D Mar 18 2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFMad (Post 6348670)
I just updated Chrome and ran the mem cache but the farm reloaded after I boosted it from the train manager. I started not being able to get gifts from Chrome yesterday but had to get them using Firefox. I hope this can be figured out :)

Hi RFMad,
As you are using Chrome and have the gift problem then this for the trains is also a part of that. Please check the information in the following link about that with things to try:

If you have further problems with this then please post in the following thread link:

RFMad Mar 18 2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6348674)
Hi RFMad,
As you are using Chrome and have the gift problem then this for the trains is also a part of that. Please check the information in the following link about that with things to try:

Thanks, Taz, I'll use Firefox for gifts and the trains then since I've done everything else so far.

Irishgirl312 Mar 18 2020 01:26 PM

When I use the train manager, do all the animals from the trains go to open slots? I have stables, coops, dairy shed and wool shed on each farm but it doesn't appear the unloading of the train put all animals in storage. Which is where they typically go. Never mind, there was a slight delay, but the animals did end up in storage.

mirwin Mar 18 2020 01:55 PM

Hello, Looking at the new train manager, it appears that turbos have 13 boosts possible, ultimate has 12, supreme has 11 and enhanced has 12?? Is this correct?? I have always thought each train had 12 boosts possible.

Tiger Mar 18 2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirwin (Post 6348694)
Hello, Looking at the new train manager, it appears that turbos have 13 boosts possible, ultimate has 12, supreme has 11 and enhanced has 12?? Is this correct?? I have always thought each train had 12 boosts possible.

Hi mirwin,

We're waiting on more details on the Train Manager. Keep an eye on Rauls post, first post on the first page of this thread as he will put the details in for the whole release when he has time.

christhompson Mar 18 2020 05:50 PM

Love the new release, but when are you going to increase clay, silicon rock, yeast, baking soda, soda crystals, have mines and semis on every farm and can't fill my factories.