Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

marymarcel May 08 2023 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickydwuk (Post 6546090)
When in the Farmtown website how can we find people to ask to be neighbours? Currently we post on here with our Facebook link and befriend and then neighbour from there. Is it just by asking in the marketplace for buddies & neighbours or will we have a link we can post here?

Hi nickydwuk :)

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors to be able to respond to you.

Right now we have both versions for the game, facebook and website, so you can still post in that thread with a link to your facebook profile to get friends requests.

We would suggest you to add a link to your farms, which is also explained in that thread. If you are playing in the website, then when you copy your link using the Farm manager, you will get a link from the website.

This way, you will be able to get friends/neighbors using both versions.

We will update the Facebook neighbors requests thread with new information once Facebook disables the game.

Vivienne57 May 10 2023 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6546102)
Hi Vivienne :)

You can be buddies to each other or one is buddy and the other is neighbor.

That means that you will be able to work each other facilities if you both are connected in the game.

Great, Thank you :)

DeeSulli May 10 2023 04:59 PM

About Buddies

What can buddies do that neighbors cannot. What is their purpose. I have never found an understandable reason for them in more than 10 years of playing this game.

Taz D May 10 2023 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeSulli (Post 6546258)
What can buddies do that neighbors cannot. What is their purpose. I have never found an understandable reason for them in more than 10 years of playing this game.

HI DeeSulli,
I moved your post to the thread about buddies. You can find all the information about buddies in the Game Guide chapter 6 about buddies:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314838

amanda1955 May 11 2023 08:24 PM

I am full with both Neighbours and buddies now I still have friends on Facebook who do farms etc one in particular has no internet so cant move him across so my question is if Facebook shuts farm town down and if people stop playing on the website how are we going to replace them esp still with limits on both ?

Taz D May 11 2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda1955 (Post 6546410)
I am full with both Neighbours and buddies now I still have friends on Facebook who do farms etc one in particular has no internet so cant move him across so my question is if Facebook shuts farm town down and if people stop playing on the website how are we going to replace them esp still with limits on both ?

Hi Amanda,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about Neighbors and Buddies.
If you are talking about neighbors or buddies that you currently have who have not registered in the website and will not be playing on the werbsite, then you can remove them the same way you can right now which is in the neighbor bar or in the buddy list.
To replace them with someone new on the website you would currently have to meet up with them on a farm or in the markets or inn and then you can add them form the menu when you click on their avatar.
The following post in the Website Guide tells you the methods for adding them:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270

KoalaBear777 May 13 2023 03:46 PM

Help! I was working on the Farmtown.com site and removing a neighbor that I wanted to keep as a buddy. A pop up came up and asked me if I wanted to remove myself from that person's buddies. Before I finished reading it, I accidentally clicked in the box and on the green check mark and it deleted all the neighbors/buddies that I shared with that person. Is there anyway to UNDO this?????

Taz D May 13 2023 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 (Post 6546634)
Help! I was working on the Farmtown.com site and removing a neighbor that I wanted to keep as a buddy. A pop up came up and asked me if I wanted to remove myself from that person's buddies. Before I finished reading it, I accidentally clicked in the box and on the green check mark and it deleted all the neighbors/buddies that I shared with that person. Is there anyway to UNDO this?????

Hi KoalaBear,
I am sorry but there is no way to undo this. Current there isn't any way to get them set as a buddy would be to meet up with them somewhere in the game as in on your or thier farms, the markets or the inn. As they were a neighbor you had they should be a friend on Facebook so you could contact them there.

Denise Dianna May 17 2023 05:35 PM

cancelling neighbor request

I have been unable to cancel an old neighbor request. I cleared the memcache and tried again and it still says "unconfirmed". I am trying to fill up my neighbor list and am having a hard time with it. I have a question. What happens when someone ignores a neighbor request? Does it sit there still saying "unconfirmed"?

I don't want to be a pest by reminding them of the request so I thought I would cancel the request and make it again but that is not working out. Any suggestions?

Taz D May 17 2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseDJ (Post 6546898)
I have been unable to cancel an old neighbor request. I cleared the memcache and tried again and it still says "unconfirmed". I am trying to fill up my neighbor list and am having a hard time with it. I have a question. What happens when someone ignores a neighbor request? Does it sit there still saying "unconfirmed"?

I don't want to be a pest by reminding them of the request so I thought I would cancel the request and make it again but that is not working out. Any suggestions?

Hi DeniseDJ,
As they should be working on the neighbors setup for the website it may be that you can't cancel a neighbor request. I have tried and could not remove one I when I tried. You might want to report this to Support.

As they have not accepted it should not affect how many other neighbors you can add.

They may not have seen the request, so you may want to send them a reminder just to see if they forgot.

Denise Dianna May 17 2023 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6546902)
Hi DeniseDJ,
As they should be working on the neighbors setup for the website it may be that you can't cancel a neighbor request. I have tried and could not remove one I when I tried. You might want to report this to Support.

As they have not accepted it should not affect how many other neighbors you can add.

They may not have seen the request, so you may want to send them a reminder just to see if they forgot.

As requested I have reported this to Support.

Taz D May 17 2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseDJ (Post 6546898)

Hi DeniseDJ ,
A fix has been released for this. Please reload your farms and try it.

Serenity Dilsworth May 20 2023 12:10 PM

Okay, having a discussion with one of my super neighbors. I have always believed that super neighbors PAY with their coins for the seeds. My neighbor contends that no, the owner pays for the seeds. Which one is correct? Many thanks!!

Serenity Dilsworth
Merrymeet Farms

Taz D May 20 2023 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity Dilsworth (Post 6547114)
Okay, having a discussion with one of my super neighbors. I have always believed that super neighbors PAY with their coins for the seeds. My neighbor contends that no, the owner pays for the seeds. Which one is correct? Many thanks!!

Serenity Dilsworth
Merrymeet Farms

Hi Serenity Dilsworth,
The owner pays for the seeds.

KoalaBear777 May 21 2023 03:14 PM

I have a train request from someone who is neither a buddy or a neighbor. This person has been identified as a hacker on Facebook. How do I get rid of that train request? I don't have an option to delete it or to block that person. "Jennifer J"

Taz D May 21 2023 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 (Post 6547230)
I have a train request from someone who is neither a buddy or a neighbor. This person has been identified as a hacker on Facebook. How do I get rid of that train request? I don't have an option to delete it or to block that person. "Jennifer J"

Hi KoalaBear,
Are they a Facebook friend as that is the only way you would get that boost request. Who has identified them as a hacker? If it isn't Facebook themselves and they haven't shutdown that account I am not sure I would believe that they are a hacker. If Facebook has identified them as a hacker and shutdown the account then remove them from your friends on Facebook. If they have been shutdown then you can click on it to boost and it should comeback as expired.

Check in your My Requests through Facebook version as it may be someone using a second account and the information didn't update right. In My Requests it will show the correct information. You may find it is a neighbor or buddy who sent it to you.

It won't hurt you to boost it if that is what happens as they can't hack into your accouont through a boost.

KoalaBear777 May 23 2023 11:23 PM

- They are not a friend on Facebook.
- I don't know how they sent a boost.
- They were identified as a hacker in a Facebook / FarmTown group I belong to by the individual they hacked/cloned their account.
- Several of those groups keep lists of people/accounts known to be hackers and they are reliable.
- The boost has now disappeared. I don't know why.

Billy Pier May 25 2023 09:29 AM

Why am I losing neighbors?

marymarcel May 25 2023 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Pier (Post 6547958)
Why am I losing neighbors?

Hi Billy Pier :)

You need to give us more details.

Are you playing through Facebook or through the website?

Where are you seeing you are losing neighbors? You have 58 neighbors up now so you have plenty of room to add more.

Dago1953 May 25 2023 11:40 AM

adding people to my buddy list

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6547610)
Thanks Raul and team!

Hi Taz-I have forgotten how to add people to my buddy list. I would like to get all my farmers added before we transition to the new website.

Can you help me with this.

Thank you.

Taz D May 25 2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dago1953 (Post 6548006)
Hi Taz-I have forgotten how to add people to my buddy list. I would like to get all my farmers added before we transition to the new website.

Can you help me with this.

Thank you.

Hi Dago,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about neighbors and buddies.
The buddies list has been incorporated into the Farmers List. There are several places that you can add them from. Information is in the Game Guide chapter 6 about Buddies:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314838

The information about neighbors and buddies is being updated and will be added soon to the Game Guide.

Farmer_Susan May 25 2023 06:35 PM

If this isn't the right place for this, please move it:

My cat has begun playing FT and is getting quite a kick out of it! I told her I wasn't going to allow her to solicit neighbors until I was reasonably sure she would stick with it. I'm quite proud of her! She passed level 500 today so I decided to reward her with asking for neighbors. She's feeling very frustrated by all the things she can't do unless she has at least 30, and right now, she only has me.

The reason I THOUGHT this post might belong on this thread is because I had hoped to learn exactly how all the neighbor/buddy thing is going to work - and to make sure all is functional - before I posted. But the poor kitty is BEGGING me to at least post this. She has visions of ships, and more farms, and quests and even the NCC some day. I don't know whether Buddies are OK or not - the game says she needs neighbors for some of the things she's got her heart set on - but I know some of you may be full.

Anyway . . . her name is Cassie Litton and her Facebook account is https://www.facebook.com/cassie.litton.1

Thanks in advance.

marymarcel May 25 2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6548062)
If this isn't the right place for this, please move it:

My cat has begun playing FT and is getting quite a kick out of it! I told her I wasn't going to allow her to solicit neighbors until I was reasonably sure she would stick with it. I'm quite proud of her! She passed level 500 today so I decided to reward her with asking for neighbors. She's feeling very frustrated by all the things she can't do unless she has at least 30, and right now, she only has me.

The reason I THOUGHT this post might belong on this thread is because I had hoped to learn exactly how all the neighbor/buddy thing is going to work - and to make sure all is functional - before I posted. But the poor kitty is BEGGING me to at least post this. She has visions of ships, and more farms, and quests and even the NCC some day. I don't know whether Buddies are OK or not - the game says she needs neighbors for some of the things she's got her heart set on - but I know some of you may be full.

Anyway . . . her name is Cassie Litton and her Facebook account is https://www.facebook.com/cassie.litton.1

Thanks in advance.

Hi Susan :)

While we are still in Facebook, please post the request in the following thread.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Farmer_Susan May 25 2023 06:57 PM

Thanks. I'll go there now. It's the least I can do for her. She's worked so HARD. :)

marymarcel May 25 2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6548070)
Thanks. I'll go there now. It's the least I can do for her. She's worked so HARD. :)

You are welcome Susan :)

Billy Pier May 26 2023 08:57 AM

Number one: I am not complaining about adding a new neighbor or neighbors. I am complaining about a long time existing neighbor being removed from my Farmers List in the send gifts area and the fact that when I receive a train from her and try to boost said train; I get a message telling me that I can only boost "friends" trains. Prior to this week; I have been boosting her trains for years, no problem. So I got to checking and it turns out that she is no longer on my FarmTown Farmers List; not the FarmTown Neighbors List. She is still on that list. Also I have six (6) other neighbors that are not on my Farmers List and never have been (I don't know why). They send me trains and I never have a problem with them. Also off all my neighbors; she is the only one that is not a Facebook Friend. Her name is Tove Gulbrandsen/Avatar name Myrth (Norway). I would like to know how to get the other six neighbors added to my FT Farmers List.
Thank You, Billy Pier/Avatar Festus.

Taz D May 26 2023 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Pier (Post 6548170)
Number one: I am not complaining about adding a new neighbor or neighbors. I am complaining about a long time existing neighbor being removed from my Farmers List in the send gifts area and the fact that when I receive a train from her and try to boost said train; I get a message telling me that I can only boost "friends" trains. Prior to this week; I have been boosting her trains for years, no problem. So I got to checking and it turns out that she is no longer on my FarmTown Farmers List; not the FarmTown Neighbors List. She is still on that list. Also I have six (6) other neighbors that are not on my Farmers List and never have been (I don't know why). They send me trains and I never have a problem with them. Also off all my neighbors; she is the only one that is not a Facebook Friend. Her name is Tove Gulbrandsen/Avatar name Myrth (Norway). I would like to know how to get the other six neighbors added to my FT Farmers List.
Thank You, Billy Pier/Avatar Festus.

Hi Billy Pier,
If Tove is not a Facebook friend then that would be why you can't boost her train.

Please contact Support about this as we have no way to check on these for you through the forums. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

tammyjo408 May 26 2023 01:13 PM

removing neighbor

I removed a neighbor, unfriend, ran memcache. reloaded farm. but I still see them in that farmers list icon under facebook friends. does it take awhile for them to drop off?
second question, I get a train boost from someone who is not a friend, neighbor or buddy. on facebook, when I got that boost, I clicked on their square (not sure what to call it in train manager) to visit their farm, clicked on toolbox, buddy list, said not a buddy, and I was not on their buddy list, clicked on neighbor, said I was not a neighbor (and they are not my neighbor). even tried blocking them on facebook but that didn't work either.

Alexandra_J May 26 2023 01:29 PM

Ok, because one of the mods won't answer my facebook message and my note on here has been deleted i'm going to redo it and what the message was about.

One of my farming friends has an Super-Neighbour and his Super-neighbour has been asking him for his password so she can harvest for him. I've told him that NO-ONE should know his password and because she's already a SN of his that she'll be able to harvest his farm anyway. He's not convinced and he's asking the same question on groups (but this time the SN is his apparent ex-wife. I'm not convinced on that. I really didn't want to post this on here, but I've been ignored and to me it's really important to remind everyone NOT TO GIVE OUT THEIR PASSWORDS FOR FACEBOOK OR SLASHKEY (NEW WEBSITE) AS IT'S NOT NEEDED.

marymarcel May 26 2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyjo408 (Post 6548266)
I removed a neighbor, unfriend, ran memcache. reloaded farm. but I still see them in that farmers list icon under facebook friends. does it take awhile for them to drop off?
second question, I get a train boost from someone who is not a friend, neighbor or buddy. on facebook, when I got that boost, I clicked on their square (not sure what to call it in train manager) to visit their farm, clicked on toolbox, buddy list, said not a buddy, and I was not on their buddy list, clicked on neighbor, said I was not a neighbor (and they are not my neighbor). even tried blocking them on facebook but that didn't work either.

Hi tammyjo :)

I think it will take a time to not showing up in the facebook friends list in the website.
Just check every now and then to see what happens as all this is still new and changing.

For the boost trains requests. You say you were on facebook. We noticed that when you receive a boost request saying non friend, that is due one of your facebook friends is managing another account.
When you receive this kind of request, you need to boost all trains you have in your Train manager, except for the one you dont know the farmer.

Then load your My Requests tab in Facebook and search for that train. It will show you the name of your friend not the one you have in the Train manager.
If you boost it through your My Requests, it will be boosted. If you tried to boost it through your Train manager it will say expired.

As you will know who was sending the request, you can contact that friend and ask them to not have 2 accounts open at the same time or to use a different browser for each account they manage to avoid this kind of problems.

marymarcel May 26 2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6548270)
Ok, because one of the mods won't answer my facebook message and my note on here has been deleted i'm going to redo it and what the message was about.

One of my farming friends has an Super-Neighbour and his Super-neighbour has been asking him for his password so she can harvest for him. I've told him that NO-ONE should know his password and because she's already a SN of his that she'll be able to harvest his farm anyway. He's not convinced and he's asking the same question on groups (but this time the SN is his apparent ex-wife. I'm not convinced on that. I really didn't want to post this on here, but I've been ignored and to me it's really important to remind everyone NOT TO GIVE OUT THEIR PASSWORDS FOR FACEBOOK OR SLASHKEY (NEW WEBSITE) AS IT'S NOT NEEDED.

Hi Alexandra :)

If you havent been responded is due we have lot of work to do.

A super neighbor doesnt need to know the credentials as that person works the farms from their own account.

We know that many farmers have given their credentials through the years no matter we have always recommended to not do that. Sadly it is up to them.

docmm6 May 26 2023 02:25 PM

If we can not boost trains for buddy's why do we even get the request?

marymarcel May 26 2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docmm6 (Post 6548290)
If we can not boost trains for buddy's why do we even get the request?

Hi docmm6 :)

What message are you getting when you try to boost them?

Are you playing trough Facebook version or the Website version?

How you became buddies and when?

Thanks

docmm6 May 26 2023 05:42 PM

You can not boost buddies train.

marymarcel May 26 2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docmm6 (Post 6548386)
You can not boost buddies train.

Hi docmm6 :)

I answered you in the post just above your last one.

Please answer the questions so we have information to try to help you.

GrammieRee May 26 2023 09:26 PM

No Facebook Friends??

In the new Neighbors/Buddies/FB Friends/Requests section it shows that I have ZERO Facebook friends who have played FT in the past year. This is ridiculous, of course lol I have lots of old friends and have made several new friends but it still says zero so I cannot add people to my buddy list which is only at 14.8%.
Also has always shown zero neighbor and buddy requests, even though I have gotten neighbor requests via FB My Requests (gifts) page. I have to accept them on there because they don't show in the new one, and have no way to see or accept buddy requests. :(
Can anyone help me fix this?
Thanks a bunch!
~ GrammieRee ~

Taz D May 26 2023 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammieRee (Post 6548422)
In the new Neighbors/Buddies/FB Friends/Requests section it shows that I have ZERO Facebook friends who have played FT in the past year. This is ridiculous, of course lol I have lots of old friends and have made several new friends but it still says zero so I cannot add people to my buddy list which is only at 14.8%.
Also has always shown zero neighbor and buddy requests, even though I have gotten neighbor requests via FB My Requests (gifts) page. I have to accept them on there because they don't show in the new one, and have no way to see or accept buddy requests. :(
Can anyone help me fix this?
Thanks a bunch!
~ GrammieRee ~

Hi GrammieRee,
About the friends list the deveelopers are looking into this as some of us are not showing any when we should be.

I have gotten some neighbor and buddy requests, but they have been sent through the website so those that send them through Facebook may not show as that data is not transferring.

The only thing I can tell you is as long as we have Facebook to continue requesting and accepting those through Facebook. The Buddy requests when you are in Facebook are avatar to avatar, so you would have to meet up with them for that.

GrammieRee May 26 2023 10:42 PM

Thank you for your reply, Taz. I'm glad the devs know about it and are looking into it. Just hope they fix it before we lose connection to FB friends! I mostly play through the new site so will just keep adding buddies if they send me a ship or train, and wait for the fix...

Alexandra_J May 27 2023 09:52 AM

Just out of curiosity why is the neighbours at 99.4% could we have that 6% please so that's up to 100% too please
https://prnt.sc/DJUlmUVkRvPH

and buddies at 100% https://prnt.sc/JZivpE6Db5fB

Taz D May 27 2023 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra_J (Post 6548486)
Just out of curiosity why is the neighbours at 99.4% could we have that 6% please so that's up to 100% too please
https://prnt.sc/DJUlmUVkRvPH

and buddies at 100% https://prnt.sc/JZivpE6Db5fB

Hi Alexandra J,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread sbout neighbors.
The percentage amount is not based on the number of neighbors you have. it is based on the number of spaces used versus spaces left in the database that holds those.
The Neighbors Limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length.