Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

Taz D Oct 12 2011 11:25 PM

Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies

This thread is for reporting problems concerning neighbors. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Post Release Updates May 5th, 2023 - Expanded Neighbours capacity by 33%

Please make sure that you have read the information in the Web Guide to see what differences there are, now that you are playing Farm Town on the Website!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Chapter 05 - Neighbours and Buddies Farmer Lists
Everything you need to know about Neighbours, Buddies and Farmer Lists.

Chapter 06 - Super Neighbours
Everything you need to know about Super Neighbours.

Need More Neighbors? Go here: Neighbour/Buddy Requests!

NEW!!! Going on Vacation and won't be able to play for a while?
Set your status in game as unavailable for up to 3 months. CLICK HERE

Thank you!

Important Things to Remember:

1. For two players to become neighbors with each other, BOTH players need to send out and accept neighbor requests.
  • If you want a friend as a Neighbour, YOU must send the request for them to accept.
  • If they want you as a Neighbour, THEY must send you a request for you to accept.

2. The Neighbors and Buddy Limits are based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 17 characters in length, so the number of neighbours/buddies you can have can vary. You should be able to have a minimum of 117 neighbours and in most cases for more than that, depending on the ID's.
You could have roughly up to 500 farming friends which will be a combination of Neighbours and Buddies.

When you reach your limit of neighbors, and you try to add another, if there is not enough room in the database to add the farmers ID you will see a brief notification that tells you
"Your Neighbour List is Full, please delete some neighbours before adding more."

When this happens, you can not add more neighbours.

What you CAN do, is see if any of your current neighbours have stopped playing. If they have you can decide whether or not to replace them with someone who is currently active in the game.

To change your neighbours, you will need to remove some before you can add more.
Look in the Farmers List My Neighbours section and see who is still active in the game their activity date will be showing, if you do not want to lose them as a connection in the game see if you have room to move them to your Buddy List instead.

You can also check your Buddy List to see if you want to change a Buddy to a Neighbour.

3. The Super Neighbors Limit is also based on Neighbours ID's. Approximately 20 Neighbors should be fine. If you try to add a super neighbour and have run out of room to add any more you will see a popup telling you that.
  • To find out how many Super Neighbours you have, click on anyone's picture in the Neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen and click on "Order by Super-Neighbour". Then count all the ones with a red dot on their picture. You may need to scroll the Neighbours bar if you have more than a few.

• Neighbours with purple dot are the friends who have set you as their Super Neighbour.

• To find out what all the coloured dots mean see the following post in the Game Guide: https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...22#post6548322

4. If you want to remove someone from being your Neighbour or Buddy make sure you remove yourself as being their Neighbour and Buddy, before you remove them from your OWN Neighbour or Buddy List.

You will also need to remove them from the Facebook Friends list in your Farmers list if they are showing up there as well, after removing all the Neighbour/Buddy connections.

Remember that the Manage option on gifts/trains/ships etc that you may have sent can allow someone to add you back so make sure that you have removed them from ships logbooks, that you are not sending them train boosts or returning gifts to them.

Instructions, on how to remove Neighbour and Buddy connections are in the following link:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...10#post6548310

5. Archived Farms. Farms that have not been played in some time will become 'archived'. So if you notice a neighbors farm is empty this is likely what has happened. You will see a message telling you what the farm owner needs to do. Once that user visits the game, their farm will be reinstated.

6. Visiting/Tending Neighbors. You earn 30 XP for each neighbor whose farm you tend (watering, raking, etc) within a 24-hour period up to a limit of 100 visits. After that you will earn 1 XP. You can only tend each neighbor once a day.

This thread is for players to report problems or questions only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

lpost7219 Jan 27 2022 11:13 PM

Super Neighbor

I have a super neighbor that is not able to read my messages in farmtown nor can she work my facilities or service facilities. Her farm number is: 615379424 I can read her messages in farmtown and also work her facilities and service facilities. My fam number is: 828655084. Neither one of us has this problem with any of our other neighbors. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Taz D Jan 27 2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpost7219 (Post 6480058)
I have a super neighbor that is not able to read my messages in farmtown nor can she work my facilities or service facilities. Her farm number is: 615379424 I can read her messages in farmtown and also work her facilities and service facilities. My fam number is: 828655084. Neither one of us has this problem with any of our other neighbors. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Hi lpost,
I moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors and super neighbors.
First thing she needs to do is check to make sure she has not blocked you. She needs to check in both Facebook settings and in the Farm Town account tab above her farms.
Is she not seeing your facility posts or does she see them but is told she can't work them because she isn't a friend?

lpost7219 Feb 07 2022 01:56 PM

Facility Bug

Hi Taz: Thank you for checking into this matter. I have not blocked her is Facebook or FarmTown. She has not blocked me in Facebook or FarmTown. She can see my posts on the request wall but when she clicks on it all she gets is a blank screen and she can not read my messages in FarmTown messaging. I can read her messages in FarmTown messaging and I can work her facilities from the request wall. We appreciate any help given. :)

Taz D Feb 07 2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpost7219 (Post 6483582)
Hi Taz: Thank you for checking into this matter. I have not blocked her is Facebook or FarmTown. She has not blocked me in Facebook or FarmTown. She can see my posts on the request wall but when she clicks on it all she gets is a blank screen and she can not read my messages in FarmTown messaging. I can read her messages in FarmTown messaging and I can work her facilities from the request wall. We appreciate any help given. :)

Hi lpost,
Does she not see your message or does she see them but can't open them?

Please have her try clearing her memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If her farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't work then she needs to contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Reecee Feb 09 2022 07:25 PM

Neighbours missing

I was trying to rearrange my neighbors and now almost ALL of them are missing. This has limited almost everything other's can do on my farm and quite a bit of what I can do. Is there a way to fix this and put my neighbors back without asking people all over again? Most of them have been my neighbors for YEARS and no longer play very often so it will be almost impossible

marymarcel Feb 09 2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reecee (Post 6483770)
I was trying to rearrange my neighbors and now almost ALL of them are missing. This has limited almost everything other's can do on my farm and quite a bit of what I can do. Is there a way to fix this and put my neighbors back without asking people all over again? Most of them have been my neighbors for YEARS and no longer play very often so it will be almost impossible

Hi Reecee :)

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors.

Did you delete them as your neighbors? I had a look at your data and I only see 3 neighbors for you.

If they are still your facebook friends, then the only thing you can do is to click in your My Neighbors tab and click in Add as Neighbor button for the ones you deleted.

rbenz2013@yahoo.com Feb 10 2022 05:14 PM

I have a problem doing Super Neighbor farm town:
tools greyed out Gloves and Bull Dozers I don't know why?
Farm is selected to work on
All tools
When I go everything is grey tools stated above how do I fix that?

Taz D Feb 10 2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbenz2013@yahoo.com (Post 6483834)
All tools
When I go everything is grey tools stated above how do I fix that?

Hi rbenz,
You would only be able to use the freestyle hands and bulldozers on one farm that they have selected you to allow you to design.

For your own tools they have to be in your storage to be able to use them on others farms.

To use their tools they have to allow that. You can't change it.

rbenz2013@yahoo.com Feb 10 2022 05:47 PM

All tools

They have checked all boxes to use their tools I do not understand why I have looked on the forum for information not much on Super Neighbor information
what is there I all ready know.
I have texted Slashkey they said something about Farm Selector
if that is the advatar when you click the tool box with the red dot I still do not understand. My neighbor is red and purple dots and so is my farm
she selected all check boxes ?

rbenz2013@yahoo.com Feb 10 2022 05:48 PM

We both have red and purple dots sorry skipped it

Taz D Feb 10 2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbenz2013@yahoo.com (Post 6483842)
All tools

They have checked all boxes to use their tools I do not understand why I have looked on the forum for information not much on Super Neighbor information
what is there I all ready know.
I have texted Slashkey they said something about Farm Selector
if that is the advatar when you click the tool box with the red dot I still do not understand. My neighbor is red and purple dots and so is my farm
she selected all check boxes ?

Hi rbenz,
When you get to her farms, expand the farm selector (top to the left of the message envelope). Find the farm in that with the red dot with a number in it. That is the only farm you would be able to use the freestyle hands and bulldozers on. They will be greyed out when you are on any other farm.

Swiffer Feb 13 2022 03:07 PM

SN Help

Are Super neighbors allowed to design anyone of my Farms or do I have to put them on one at a time ,,, also I bought the New Turbo 20 x 20x but when she goes to fish all she gets to use is the Yellow Boat ?? TIA
:)

marymarcel Feb 13 2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiffer (Post 6484126)
Are Super neighbors allowed to design anyone of my Farms or do I have to put them on one at a time ,,, also I bought the New Turbo 20 x 20x but when she goes to fish all she gets to use is the Yellow Boat ?? TIA
:)

Hi Swiffer :)

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors and Super Neighbors.

You can only set 1 farm at a time for your Super Neighbore to design.

You have full information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...26#post6024726

About your Turbo Boat, you have to place it in your storage, so it can be used in any farm.
If that is not the problem, then provide your User Id number. You find it into brackets in the message showing up above the game screen.

qrice Mar 07 2022 05:35 PM

Friend requests

How do I invite a Facebook friend to be my neighbour?

marymarcel Mar 07 2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrice (Post 6486074)
How do I invite a Facebook friend to be my neighbour?

Hi grice :)

You have all the information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...90#post3355290

Walkies Mar 13 2022 03:29 PM

Hello

One of my friends and neighbours has recently returned to the game.
We can send each other gifts. Her co-op quests are visible to me. She can work my facilities. But when I go to work hers, I get a pop up message saying sorry this invitation is only open to friends. What can we do?
Thanks in advance.

marymarcel Mar 13 2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkies (Post 6486518)
Hello

One of my friends and neighbours has recently returned to the game.
We can send each other gifts. Her co-op quests are visible to me. She can work my facilities. But when I go to work hers, I get a pop up message saying sorry this invitation is only open to friends. What can we do?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Walkies :)

Is this happening when you try to work her facilities from Wall requests or from her facebook profile, or both?

Please ask your friend if she is managing more than one account at the same time.

Facebook did a change some time ago and if she has 2 accounts open at the same time in the same browser or if she is using the Switch in facebook, then this kind of problems happens.

To solve this, she has to do all work in one account, then close it and reload the browser. Then she can open the other account and do all work there.

If that doesnt help, then she will have to use a different browser for each account.

Walkies Mar 13 2022 04:22 PM

Thank you very much Mary Marcel for your quick and hepful reply.
Apparently I have disappeared off her friends / neighbours list. Maybe because she hasn't played for a while. I noticed this happened with another neighbour who started playing during lockdown after a long absence.

marymarcel Mar 13 2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkies (Post 6486526)
Thank you very much Mary Marcel for your quick and hepful reply.
Apparently I have disappeared off her friends / neighbours list. Maybe because she hasn't played for a while. I noticed this happened with another neighbour who started playing during lockdown after a long absence.

You are welcome Walkies :)

chubbyal Mar 19 2022 10:10 AM

Designing Friends Farms

Hi

Since the migration has been completed can you not design your neighbours farms. I seemed to be able move ponds on my neighbours farms last week but I seem to have problems since yesterday 18/3/22

Taz D Mar 19 2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbyal (Post 6487430)
Hi

Since the migration has been completed can you not design your neighbours farms. I seemed to be able move ponds on my neighbours farms last week but I seem to have problems since yesterday 18/3/22

Hi Chubbyal,
I moved your post to the thread about neighbors. Nothing has changed for the designing.
Please give us some details so we can help.

Was this a super neighbor or just a neighbor who hired you to do this?

If it was a super neighbor was it on the farm they have designated as one you can design as you can only be set to design one farm at a time?
If it was a regular neighbor were they present on the farm while you were working?
Do they own the tools you need to do the designing?

Tell us what exactly you tried to do.

chubbyal Mar 19 2022 10:39 AM

Hi Taz

It was a super neighbour. When I'm on my dad's farm I go to my picture on the bottom row and click edit superneighbour. I then changed from current farm to farm 21 then hit green tick. I then went back and it says current farm so I'm unsure why it went back to current farm. I thought it would still say farm 21.
I have my dad's farm open and in the past when I moved a pond to the other side of the farm I would then go to my dad's farm and see the pond move. Now it doesn't seem to do that. I go onto my dad's farm and the pond is still where it was. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Happy for any help you can give me.
Thanks

Taz D Mar 19 2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbyal (Post 6487454)
Hi Taz

It was a super neighbour. When I'm on my dad's farm I go to my picture on the bottom row and click edit superneighbour. I then changed from current farm to farm 21 then hit green tick. I then went back and it says current farm so I'm unsure why it went back to current farm. I thought it would still say farm 21.
I have my dad's farm open and in the past when I moved a pond to the other side of the farm I would then go to my dad's farm and see the pond move. Now it doesn't seem to do that. I go onto my dad's farm and the pond is still where it was. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Happy for any help you can give me.
Thanks

Hi Chubbyal,
If you have both farms open in the same browser then that can cause problems.

If you have your Dad's farms open and are on farm 21 then it would be the current farm.

Be sure after you move the pond to click save to make sure it moves.

ShatterBlue Mar 24 2022 01:11 PM

I need Neighbors please

https://www.facebook.com/shatterblue/

i need more neighbor please :)

Taz D Mar 24 2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShatterBlue (Post 6488318)
https://www.facebook.com/shatterblue/

i need more neighbor please :)

Hi ShatterBlue,
I have copied your post requesting neighbors to the correct thread for those requests. You can also check that thread for others who have posted wanting neighbors.
Here is alink to that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

JohnAlbertini Mar 25 2022 02:37 PM

Been hired to design for a super neighbor but when I move tools, facilities it does not "stick" . Upon reload they revert to their prior location?

marymarcel Mar 25 2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6488466)
Been hired to design for a super neighbor but when I move tools, facilities it does not "stick" . Upon reload they revert to their prior location?

Hi John :)

Please report this to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont find the automatic response, then read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

100000694991597 Mar 26 2022 10:18 AM

super neighbor

when working on a farm building why can I not see what my super neighbor is doing putting things down? she can see what im doing, was wondering if I hit something, just started doing this the last couple of weeks, Thanks

marymarcel Mar 26 2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100000694991597 (Post 6488602)
when working on a farm building why can I not see what my super neighbor is doing putting things down? she can see what im doing, was wondering if I hit something, just started doing this the last couple of weeks, Thanks

Hi 100000694991597 :)

Are you talking about that if your superneighbor with desing privilages is working making changes you cant see them no matter if you refresh the farm?

If that is the problem, it has been sent to the developers so they can check on it.

Meanwhile, we noticed that if both of you are on the farm while your superneighbor is designing, then there are problems. Let your superneighbor work alone and when design is done, then you can go to that farm.

100000694991597 Mar 26 2022 11:17 AM

we are usually working together, I usually see them puting in trees and water on 1 side of the field while im on the other side they can see what in putting it just kept us from putting things in the same place in but last couple of weeks it has stopped if I refresh its there,ty

marymarcel Mar 26 2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100000694991597 (Post 6488618)
we are usually working together, I usually see them puting in trees and water on 1 side of the field while im on the other side they can see what in putting it just kept us from putting things in the same place in but last couple of weeks it has stopped if I refresh its there,ty

As I said before, there are issues with superneighbors with design privilages while working together at the same time, you will have to wait till developers check the issue and find a fix.

Meanwhile you will have to not be at the same time on the farm while designing.

BiancaTyler Mar 30 2022 07:00 PM

I am not sure where to put this, so since it is kinda, maybe a neighbor issue I will post here, long ago, maybe over 3 years ago, I may have had a person as a Facebook friend and then a friend in farm town, I do not know this person but may have met them at market and added them. But if so, this person has not been neither for a very long time, years, but I still get requests for their ships, right now I have 5 sitting at my port, I use to send them on but stopped doing it thinking they would stop using me for their ships, but the ships will come and then sit there until they expire, making me think they had a script to auto do this as I am not their fb nor Ft friend nor neighbor yet I get theses requests, I cannot contact them, I cannot block them as they are not there to block, not even sure they still play but just left that script running,, not sure there is such a thing for FT but If it was a person you would think they would skip me if I let their ship sit there for 5 or 6 days, then on top of this I have a friend who we have played FT together for years who also gets this same thing happening to them. They have one sitting at their port. They are not friends not neighbors etc. either. So is there a way to block them, remove them etc?

marymarcel Mar 30 2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiancaTyler (Post 6489150)
I am not sure where to put this, so since it is kinda, maybe a neighbor issue I will post here, long ago, maybe over 3 years ago, I may have had a person as a Facebook friend and then a friend in farm town, I do not know this person but may have met them at market and added them. But if so, this person has not been neither for a very long time, years, but I still get requests for their ships, right now I have 5 sitting at my port, I use to send them on but stopped doing it thinking they would stop using me for their ships, but the ships will come and then sit there until they expire, making me think they had a script to auto do this as I am not their fb nor Ft friend nor neighbor yet I get theses requests, I cannot contact them, I cannot block them as they are not there to block, not even sure they still play but just left that script running,, not sure there is such a thing for FT but If it was a person you would think they would skip me if I let their ship sit there for 5 or 6 days, then on top of this I have a friend who we have played FT together for years who also gets this same thing happening to them. They have one sitting at their port. They are not friends not neighbors etc. either. So is there a way to block them, remove them etc?

Hi Bianca :)

If you were friends and neighbors long ago, maybe you deleted this person as facebook friend and neighbor but you are still their neighbor, that is why they continue sending you the ships.

Please read the following link and you will see what to do to remove yourself as their neighbor and buddy:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...98#post6125898

BiancaTyler Mar 30 2022 08:15 PM

Thank you for the response. I do not think I have ever removed no one from facebook but they may have removed me from facebook and not from farmtown, their ship says non-friend. All 5 of their ships are gone right now, hopefully they do not return. Is there a way to remove me from being their neighbor?

marymarcel Mar 30 2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiancaTyler (Post 6489166)
Thank you for the response. I do not think I have ever removed no one from facebook but they may have removed me from facebook and not from farmtown, their ship says non-friend. All 5 of their ships are gone right now, hopefully they do not return. Is there a way to remove me from being their neighbor?

Hi Bianca :)

In the link I sent to you in my previous response, is explained how to remove yourself as neighbor and buddy.
Did you follow the instructions?

MickeyMad Mar 31 2022 12:21 AM

Super Neighbour

Hi, I am a super neighbour to my friend, I did her farms on Tuesday with no problem but today I went on and there are no tools for me to select so I cannot do any farming, why could that be? I still have the red dot as a super neighbour and so does my friend!

Tiger Mar 31 2022 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyMad (Post 6489198)
Hi, I am a super neighbour to my friend, I did her farms on Tuesday with no problem but today I went on and there are no tools for me to select so I cannot do any farming, why could that be? I still have the red dot as a super neighbour and so does my friend!

Hi MickeyMad,

Your friend will need to check the super neighbour setting that they have set for you according to what they would like you to do.

If you are not seeing farming tools in the toolbox when you visit their farms then you both need to make sure that you have your tools in your Item storage and not out on a farm and your friend ALSO needs to check that they have not disabled the super neighbour farming on the farm you have no tools for.

If it's not that, and it's design work or plowing new fields that you're unable to do, then your friend needs to check that they gave you permission to use their coins and which farm they have set you to design as they can only let you design one at a time not all of them.

You can also try clearing your FT memcache to clear your game data to make sure that is also fine. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload.

tina7447 Apr 02 2022 09:16 AM

Hi. Not a major problem but a bit annoying. My neighbour list at bottom of farms does not keep up with going offline or coming online. I have to refresh game when I need to check who is online. Thank you, Tina.

marymarcel Apr 02 2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tina7447 (Post 6489466)
Hi. Not a major problem but a bit annoying. My neighbour list at bottom of farms does not keep up with going offline or coming online. I have to refresh game when I need to check who is online. Thank you, Tina.

Hi tina :)

Im not sure the neighbors bar updates automatically, I think it updates after a period time and while you are working on your farms. Anyway, when I want to know who is on line, then I reload the game to have more accurate information.