Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 3 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289098)

Raul Dec 31 2009 02:59 AM

New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 3

Hi There,

A new version was released an hour ago, we are working around the clock to try to improve the current version by fixing the most common problems our users are experiencing.

1. There should be a lot less "already-done" messages, on most cases you will never see them during a full hire session

2. When you run out of fuel, you get the feedback immidiately

Please provide any feedback as usual, and thanks for your patience during these latest release.

We are currently working on the slowness of the avatars when working for others.

Thanks

--Raul

Sapai Dec 31 2009 03:19 AM

I haven't played since this update. However, I wanted to address one of the late posts from the last thread because I have a solution.

Quote:

Garden Dana

One issue I have with the new Avatar movement is it is darn near impossible to catch a hired hand and rehire them for plowing!
At least in the most recent version they are close to the end of the work done when they are eligible for rehire.
The other issue I have is if you are clicking near your Avatar, it often interferes with the plot you selected. I have to get around this by sending my avatar elsewhere and clicking fast to stay ahead of him when he starts to catch up. I guess it makes a new mini-game within the game.
This is a great game and I appreciate your continued efforts to improve the game!
Unless it was changed in this new version, ask the worker to click the 'green walk' icon when you are ready to hire them. This stops the jumping motion and they will resume a normal walk speed.

mothernature Dec 31 2009 03:33 AM

Well I just got hired to harvest and I really couldn't begin to tell you what happened because so many things were happening...the coins I got for harvesting (beets) ranged from 20 to 50 per plot...then my xp points were looking like they were being affected...i did manage to see that they did move back and forth but only a 1 point margin...add a point then take away a point...so in the end it really did not affect the points but there shouldn't have been any movement...this was a harvest...and why the variation in points awarded for the same crop...I think we just need to roll this back to the release prior to Dec. 22...just my thought...

questions and answers? Dec 31 2009 03:45 AM

Same thing happened to me... numbers were flying everywhere.... I should have leveled up and didn't heck I might have even lost XP....also...the time it takes to count coins up and XP is extremely SLOW....I wait and wait at the MP...won't let me be hired, or hire or even move until it's done...on a big farm I have to wait 10 minutes sometimes...cleared cache and all that but it's getting worse

lizziekillin Dec 31 2009 04:12 AM

nightmare today. I got hired to harvest - fine. very slow but fine. then they hired me to plow and that is when the nightmare began. it refused to refresh the farm and hire me to plow - I think it was behind in saving coins. Eventually I got hired to plow ok - by which time the other employees had grabbed most of the plowing.
I then got hired to harvest on another farm - great. Then they tried to rehire me to plow - nightmare again. after 3 attempts they added me to their buddy list and I did the same and eventually managed to get home. But no - they had not been added to buddy list at all. luckily they had me and managed to send me a message so I could follow the green man and get over there to be hired. After I had finished plowing the coins and xps continued to change for over 5 minutes after the last field showed as plowed to me.
this new release is not good. there must be some sort of saving issue that needs addressing.
please get it sorted asap please.

JAS0643 Dec 31 2009 04:18 AM

A problem with the update

When you are at a farm where plowing is going on you will see -15 coins +1xp for fields others are plowing. The coins and xps will be deducted and added as you see them on screen. When you leave the farm your coins and xp will be adjusted to where they should be. You will get the coins you lost back and the xps that you got that you did not earn will be taken away from you. If you are harvesting while plowing is going on it will look like you are getting xps for harvesting but you are not it is happening because of the plowing that is taken place on the farm. Another problem with harvesting while plowing is going on you will see different amounts of coins being added but again that is because it is taking the coins for others plowing away they will be added back when you leave the farm.

Here is a screen cap of what is happening.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...own/ftp2-2.jpg

mothernature Dec 31 2009 04:20 AM

Here's another update....another farmer hired me to harvest (he was level 60, so he's been around a while) When I finished harvesting he said to me, "watch this"...he began to plow his own field and I got xp points and I PAID to plow his field...good thing it was only about 50 plots..this is beyond crazy..c'mon guys we need to roll this back...it seems this is causing much stress for everyone, developers included...

lizziekillin Dec 31 2009 04:29 AM

my main issue is the fact that I couldnt get hired for plowing - and I am positive it was saving at the time.
I understand jas0643's explanation - but this too is confusing for people - wouldnt it be better NOT to display the transactions rather than confuse people? just show the final amount in the XP and coin counter.

Sensualbliss Dec 31 2009 05:25 AM

[QUOTE=Raul;2967262]Hi There

Okay now there is some crazy sh*t going on, i was just harvesting a field by myself got all the coins slowly as per before,but no one can go over what i have harvested so i get all the coins for all the harvest i do Thank you for fixing that ! BUT Now a new problem... he hired someone else to plow for him and low and behold it's taking 15 coins from ME for each plot she plowed and giving me the 1 experience points !! Be buggerd if i want to pay for someone elses farm to be plowed ??

I was like what the ?? I asked her was she getting the any experience points she said yes , the farmer was also being the charged the 15 coins per plow ???

So it took 15 coins for each one from him and from me and it's not even my farm Hello !!

I know you guys are trying to sought it out and more power to you for listening and giving it a shot, but please i DON"T WANT to pay for some one elses plowing !

UPDATE : I find if i leave straight away i dnt get charged for the plowing ,, i still get my coins for harvesting if i go to the realestate and hit save it takes a minute or so for the coins to stop but all in all i can deal with it, It is a big improvement and i Thank you for fixing the harvesting glitch that i must say was driving me insane lol :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 2967262)
Hi There,

A new version was released an hour ago, we are working around the clock to try to improve the current version by fixing the most common problems our users are experiencing.

1. There should be a lot less "already-done" messages, on most cases you will never see them during a full hire session

2. When you run out of fuel, you get the feedback immidiately

Please provide any feedback as usual, and thanks for your patience during these latest release.

We are currently working on the slowness of the avatars when working for others.

Thanks

--Raul

cindya Dec 31 2009 05:40 AM

I don't like this new way of plowing and harvesting...its all messed up..you can see everyones lines.then plowing its all messed up i know i did this one section 5 times grrrr