Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- October 3rd, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638550)

marymarcel Oct 06 2018 08:44 AM

Hi gals and guys :)

Due to a little problem with this thread, the information for the new House Construction Supplies was not updated properly when it was released.

Post Release Updates - October 4th, 4:00PM

- Released the House Construction Supplies Facility.

earlgray Oct 07 2018 10:18 AM

"'Show Product Names' button in 'Show Work Info' screen" - absolutely LOVE this new feature! Thank you!

RozeeS Oct 07 2018 12:17 PM

I welcome that we are going to get a Purple Hand but disappointed in order to have the ability it gives I will have to spend further Farm Cash. I have always thought that this should have been the job of the Green Hand as it already stacks items on a farm. All we are getting with the Purple Hand is the ability to place items directly from the store or our storage on top of anything in the farm. I have already paid 90 Farm Cash to buy both of the design hands, (to have the ability to stack items on my farm, orange then green) and I feel this option could have been added to the green hand without us having to spend further Farm Cash.

Buddy Oct 09 2018 09:25 AM

I am very happy we are getting the purple hand...in fact, can't wait for it to show up...hope it's soon!!!

Dulcinea Oct 09 2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RozeeS (Post 6266318)
I welcome that we are going to get a Purple Hand but disappointed in order to have the ability it gives I will have to spend further Farm Cash. I have always thought that this should have been the job of the Green Hand as it already stacks items on a farm. All we are getting with the Purple Hand is the ability to place items directly from the store or our storage on top of anything in the farm. I have already paid 90 Farm Cash to buy both of the design hands, (to have the ability to stack items on my farm, orange then green) and I feel this option could have been added to the green hand without us having to spend further Farm Cash.

I suppose it depends on how it works. I like that I can just grab the green hand and move things around. If the purple hand adds an extra step every time you use it, like the green manure spreader does, I'll probably just stick with the green hand anyway.

jkmyer Oct 10 2018 04:50 AM

is anyone else having probles qith the show work? Mine has shown the same thing for close to an hour and I ran into the same thing last night not being able to see what farms need planting. Thanks in advance.

Tiger Oct 10 2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmyer (Post 6266802)
is anyone else having probles qith the show work? Mine has shown the same thing for close to an hour and I ran into the same thing last night not being able to see what farms need planting. Thanks in advance.

Hi jkmeyer,

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Please also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start.

See if that corrects it for you.

AKDave Oct 10 2018 09:40 PM

Okay FT, it's been a week, put the purple hand out...

Cowboy22 Oct 12 2018 09:51 AM

When will the purple designer be available to purchase?

Taz D Oct 12 2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy22 (Post 6267066)
When will the purple designer be available to purchase?

Hi Cowboy,
Only the developers know and they do not tell us until they release it. Just have to wait until they do.

dadofkje Oct 13 2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6267078)
Hi Cowboy,
Only the developers know and they do not tell us until they release it. Just have to wait until they do.

But we want it now! Now, now, Now NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonytone Oct 14 2018 09:09 AM

Thank you for all the wonderful news!

DanielP Oct 14 2018 05:41 PM

I can't wait for the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer! I keep checking to see it its been released. Thank you.

JaggerMister Oct 15 2018 02:50 PM

Taking them a while to get the Taiwan Restaurant going. So I researched their food a little bit. Bubble Tea sounds crazy but fun! You will need to make tapioca a lot. Also they use pork and tofu a lot.

MVinhage Oct 16 2018 06:19 AM

Wonder when that Purple Hand will be released. Was advised to be released last week, but haven't been able to find it.

DanielP Oct 16 2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVinhage (Post 6267534)
Wonder when that Purple Hand will be released. Was advised to be released last week, but haven't been able to find it.

I do NOT mean this as anything but CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but better to NOT announce it then announce it and then not deliver. I have to admit this one, the expectation then the lack of results is, well. crushing. The anticipation is excessive. Don't get me wrong as an IT guy I get it. Get it right not fast. But the announcement, then not releasing on time is... well... ARGH! *sorry*

Dan

glrivera Oct 17 2018 05:23 AM

Hi Taz. Any idea when the Taiwanese Restaurant and the purple freestyle farm designer will be ready for us? I understand stuff happening behind the scenes where you couldn't release it on time but, any idea when?

Tiger Oct 17 2018 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glrivera (Post 6267686)
Hi Taz. Any idea when the Taiwanese Restaurant and the purple freestyle farm designer will be ready for us? I understand stuff happening behind the scenes where you couldn't release it on time but, any idea when?

Hi glrivera,

Taz is not available at the moment.

I'm sorry but we don't know when they will release them, we find out the same time you do, when it's actually released.

Taz D Oct 17 2018 11:50 AM

Raul has just added the following:

Post Release Updates - October 17th, 12:30PM

- Released the Taiwanese Restaurant
- Released the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer. Please check point #5 in the released thread as we have added new information.

hilda jean ellis Oct 17 2018 12:34 PM

love the purple hand ...but one ? why can't we use it on s/n farms when we are hired to design? can't even use it to help someone when each one owns it

SeaJay Oct 17 2018 01:15 PM

Well, the purple hand works! I now officially hate the look of my oldest farm because it has to much water on it. I may have gone a little overboard. lol

Time to make a new water farm.

New crop. Yay! I love new crops, trees and flowers.

Thanks Raul

FarmerWitch Oct 17 2018 01:17 PM

Thank you for the Taiwanese Restaurant and the new crop! Going to try out the purple hand on a water farm

AlyceAnn Oct 17 2018 02:20 PM

Buy multiple items from the Store with the new hand, does this include animals?

Taz D Oct 17 2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlyceAnn (Post 6267730)
Buy multiple items from the Store with the new hand, does this include animals?

Hi AlyceAnn,
Yes it does including the FC ones.

Taz D Oct 17 2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilda jean ellis (Post 6267714)
love the purple hand ...but one ? why can't we use it on s/n farms when we are hired to design? can't even use it to help someone when each one owns it

Hi Hilda Jean Ellis,
My guess why the SN can't use it is because that hand can buy FC items in multiple. Don't think you want them dipping into your FC.

hilda jean ellis Oct 17 2018 04:00 PM

my s/n's only want to buy lakes with it just like I do lol

Taz D Oct 17 2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilda jean ellis (Post 6267750)
my s/n's only want to buy lakes with it just like I do lol

Hi Hilda Jean Ellis,
I am sorry, but that is the way the developers set it up. If you wish to make a suggestion about this please post it in the Suggestions section.

SeaJay Oct 17 2018 07:12 PM

I have a smashing idea! I wonder if you could add rotate item to the purple hand. It would really boost efficiency.

Taz D Oct 17 2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaJay (Post 6267782)
I have a smashing idea! I wonder if you could add rotate item to the purple hand. It would really boost efficiency.

Hi Seajay,
Please post any suggestions in the Suggestions section.

Aussie Rae Oct 17 2018 09:31 PM

the Purple Hand is just BRILLIANT!!! :) thanks devs.

mhope23 Oct 17 2018 11:58 PM

Love the purple hand, But never satisfied, already have suggestions on what else it needs to do. ;-) BTW I can't remember how to put it in the personal toolbar to replace the green hand. HELP!!!!! Thanks.

Taz D Oct 17 2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhope23 (Post 6267846)
Love the purple hand, But never satisfied, already have suggestions on what else it needs to do. ;-) BTW I can't remember how to put it in the personal toolbar to replace the green hand. HELP!!!!! Thanks.

Hi mhope,
I answered your private message with how to do a shortcut. Any suggestions you have please post them in the Suggestion section.

mhope23 Oct 18 2018 12:10 AM

Ah, I asked here so the rest of the nitwits like me could see that the shortcut key was next to the save icon. Thanks again.

mocha96 Oct 18 2018 12:16 AM

Fabulous new tool

I absolutely love the new purple hand. Works great with lakes/sea coasts. Thank you to the developers.

JNelson Oct 18 2018 07:47 AM

LOVE the purple hand, however it is now showing up when i SN out, is that coming soon?

marymarcel Oct 18 2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6267938)
LOVE the purple hand, however it is now showing up when i SN out, is that coming soon?

Hi JNelson :)

Sorry but I dont understand. Are you getting the purple hand when you work as SN with design privilages or not? We have tried and only the green hand is given to us and the purple one is greyed in the tool box.

You shouldnt get the purple hand on those farms because of the farmcash access.

If you want to make a suggestion about this, please post it in our Suggestion section where we have suggestions grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

JNelson Oct 18 2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6267950)
Hi JNelson :)

Sorry but I dont understand. Are you getting the purple hand when you work as SN with design privilages or not? We have tried and only the green hand is given to us and the purple one is greyed in the tool box.

You shouldnt get the purple hand on those farms because of the farmcash access.

If you want to make a suggestion about this, please post it in our Suggestion section where we have suggestions grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

not sure what you mean about farm cash access? we can use green hand in SN mode we can only access coin items , so why would we not be about to place coin waters with it in SN mode .....

marymarcel Oct 18 2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6267954)
not sure what you mean about farm cash access? we can use green hand in SN mode, so why would we not be about to place coin waters with it in SN mode .....

The purple hand allows you to buy multiple FC items. SN's do not have access to your FC. We think this is why the tool can not be used when designing to prevent the farm owners FC being spent.

If you want to use it as SN only for coins items, then there should be an option to not allow you to purchase farmcash items. That is why I asked you to post in suggestions if you wish. :)

rittenhoused354 Oct 18 2018 10:07 AM

Hi everyone. It says to be in help, but I do not see any new posts. So please advise me where I should go for my question. It's about my pop-up menu over my avatar.? But that's not all of my questions. I'm not used to posting on here.

Tiger Oct 18 2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rittenhoused354 (Post 6267974)
Hi everyone. It says to be in help, but I do not see any new posts. So please advise me where I should go for my question. It's about my pop-up menu over my avatar.? But that's not all of my questions. I'm not used to posting on here.

Hi rittenhoused354,

When you need help with something that isn't related to the New Release, you post in the Help and Support section. Here's the link to that section, click it and it will take you there >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

The threads are grouped by subject matter, so you look for one with a title that relates to your question and then post a reply in that thread.