Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Markets/Chat/Messaging (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664146)

Taz D Oct 12 2011 11:25 PM

Markets/Chat/Messaging

This Thread is for reporting issues at either Marketplace or with In Game Messages. Please see the following posts in the Game Guide to read about those features before you post

Chapter 02 Basics What is the Marketplace for?
Chapter 17 - The messaging system

What to try when you can NOT see people or chat in the Market Place or Inn:

1. Make sure that your browser is still showing up to date. Clear your browser cache/history.

2. Make sure that your farm has fully loaded before you try to go to the market.

3. Check your Language setting is set to one of the more popular Languages used like English (US)
If it's already set to English (US) you can try to Reset your language. Many members have reported that their language had changed on its own. English is the best setting for the most people in the market. Even if it is already set to English try resetting it to another language, reload and then set it back to English.
4. Do you use CCleaner? If you do could you have installed and enabled Kamo? If you have please uninstall Kamo and then reboot your computer as that can cause problems with seeing farmers at market.

5. Some antivirus software are also blocking the sites needed for Farm Town. It may have an additional setting to block tracking. Try checking if any of the following sites are being blocked by the browser that you use:
  • l1.slashkey.com
  • r1.slashkey.com

If your Antivirus software is blocking tracking and you are able to temporarily disable that setting you can see if that resolves the problem. OR, you can see if adding just those sites to exceptions in the anti tracking is enough to resolve your problem.

6. Try going to the market via another route. Try visiting a neighbour or buddy, then either go back to your farm or go from there to market.
If none of these help please include the server number on which your farm is hosted and the server number of the market when you arrive. Both of these can be found in the red letters when you enter your farm or the market place. It will read Connecting to town mainframe (Chat Server: F4, Farm Server: w200) for example. In the event this is a server issue having the server numbers will help the developers track it down much more quickly.

Remember you can harvest your own crops and harvest your own fields so nothing goes to waste.
If you can not see a specific friend or Neighbour in the game you need to check if you have blocked them.

There are several ways to get to your Blocked Users..

Highlighting to copy/Paste text in Farm Town:
WebGL provides very limited support for copy and paste so we had to implement it from scratch. If the Copy/Paste/Cut menu options using right click do not work at some point, you can try the keyboard shortcuts instead:

Windows users:
CTRL+C (Copy)
CTRL+X (Cut)
CTRL+V (Paste)

Mac Users:
Command (or Cmd) ⌘-C (Copy)
Command (or Cmd) ⌘-X (Cut)
Command (or Cmd) ⌘-V (Paste)
For Suggestions for the Markets post in Storage & Market Options
For Suggestions on the messaging system post in Other uses/improvements for existing items on the farm

relkins Jan 19 2022 03:36 PM

Marketplace

When I go to the marketplace there is no one there, I've try everything from cleaning cache, changing language to rebootinng system, I need someone to help me

Taz D Jan 19 2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relkins (Post 6479278)
When I go to the marketplace there is no one there, I've try everything from cleaning cache, changing language to rebootinng system, I need someone to help me

Hi Relkins,
Please stop posting the same thing in multiple places. It does not help and we can't help you any better if you don't post always in the same thread for us to gather all the information in one place.

Please continue posting in the Help & Support thread about Facilities and Facility Manager:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565750

bbarksda Feb 06 2022 01:22 PM

Good Morning,

Have a stuck message that I cannot open or clear.

Thanks for your help.

marymarcel Feb 06 2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarksda (Post 6483506)
Good Morning,

Have a stuck message that I cannot open or clear.

Thanks for your help.

Hi bbarksda :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please run your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in others tabs.
Then reopen your farms and see if the problem is fixed.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

bbarksda Feb 06 2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6483510)
Hi bbarksda :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please run your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in others tabs.
Then reopen your farms and see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks Mary.

marymarcel Feb 06 2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarksda (Post 6483514)
Thanks Mary.

You're welcome bbarksda :)

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan Feb 09 2022 07:33 AM

I've gone to the job market and everyone is gone can you help

marymarcel Feb 09 2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan (Post 6483706)
I've gone to the job market and everyone is gone can you help

Hi Peggy :)

I moved your post to the thread about Markets.

When you enter Job Market only you and Tom are there?

I had a look at your data and you have your language set to English US which is the correct one.

Be sure that when you load the market the plug is green. If it is red then you are off line.

I ran a deeper memcache for your farms. Please close your farms and reopen. Check if you can see farmers at Market.

If not, check if English US language is showing up when you click in Map: the Room language has to be set to English US too. If not, please change it and then click in Job Market.

If nothing works, click in your preferences, the wrench and change the language to any other and click in the green check mark. Reload the game.
Click in the wrench again, and set language back to English US and reload the game.

Icprnsess Feb 09 2022 06:44 PM

Problems in market

( 1812670654 )

I cannot see any other players when I am in any of the markets or the inn. Can anyone help me please.

Taz D Feb 09 2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icprnsess (Post 6483754)
( 1812670654 )

I cannot see any other players when I am in any of the markets or the inn. Can anyone help me please.

Hi Icprnsess,

When you enter Job Market only you and Tom are there?

Be sure that when you load the market the plug is green. If it is red then you are off line.

If not, check if English US language is showing up when you click in Map: the Room language has to be set to English US too. If not, please change it and then click in Job Market.

If nothing works, click in your preferences, the wrench and change the language to any other and click in the green check mark. Reload the game.
Click in the wrench again, and set language back to English US and reload the game.

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan Feb 12 2022 06:22 AM

can you tell me where the farmers are at in the market

Tiger Feb 12 2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan (Post 6483946)
can you tell me where the farmers are at in the market

Hi Peggy,

Your last post about this was answered, please click on this link to be taken to it, try what is suggested and supply the answers requested if those do not help.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...14#post6483714

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan Feb 14 2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icprnsess (Post 6483754)
( 1812670654 )

hi there
the farmers are not showing up english is correct

marymarcel Feb 14 2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan (Post 6484194)
hi there
the farmers are not showing up english is correct

Hi Peggy :)

Did you change your language to other one, reloaded the game and changed it back to english?

If you did that and you still have problems, then you have to contact Support team. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont receive the automatic response, then please read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Zebra7+2 Feb 14 2022 07:33 PM

I am unable to hire workers because no one comes into the marketplace page xcept me and Tom! I tried the other marketplace for selling and got the same result.

Taz D Feb 14 2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra7+2 (Post 6484290)
I am unable to hire workers because no one comes into the marketplace page xcept me and Tom! I tried the other marketplace for selling and got the same result.

Hi Zebra,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the market.
First make sure you are online (green plug) when you go to the markets. If the plug is red you are offline and you won't see anyone.
Your language is correct (english US), so try changing it to something else, check the green check at the bottom, close your farms and browser. Then reopen and change it back to english US, save, close and reopen and go to the market and see if that fixed it.

powell Feb 18 2022 05:53 PM

no one in the markets, but me.

Problems with the Market Place........... I have done all the various suggestions and yet still most of the time when I go to the Marketplace (either one) There is only me and "Tom" there. I went earlier this evening and there were 4 people in job market, there are always more than that and I tried several times previously to get in and no one else was there. Suggestions made in a previous post for the same problem included clearing cache, going to another farm and going back to my farm and the market. Changing language (it was English, but I changed it and changed it back to same) It asked me to copy the number down when I opened both, but it only says joining room when I go to market and nothing when I go back to my farm. I have closed and reopened both the farm and the computer. Please help me with this I will be having several farms come ready soon and I rely on the people I hire to do the work.

marymarcel Feb 18 2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powell (Post 6484674)
Problems with the Market Place........... I have done all the various suggestions and yet still most of the time when I go to the Marketplace (either one) There is only me and "Tom" there. I went earlier this evening and there were 4 people in job market, there are always more than that and I tried several times previously to get in and no one else was there. Suggestions made in a previous post for the same problem included clearing cache, going to another farm and going back to my farm and the market. Changing language (it was English, but I changed it and changed it back to same) It asked me to copy the number down when I opened both, but it only says joining room when I go to market and nothing when I go back to my farm. I have closed and reopened both the farm and the computer. Please help me with this I will be having several farms come ready soon and I rely on the people I hire to do the work.

Hi powell :)

I moved your post from Suggestions to the thread for your problem in Help & Support.

When you have a problem, please post in Help & Support instead of Suggestions.
That area is only to post new ideas for the game.

Please contact Support team about your problem. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you dont find the automatic response, then read the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Daviewho Feb 19 2022 11:00 AM

Problems in job workplace

Hi my game id is actually 570427319 but i cannot get into the forum as i need the password reset again please, i did update it and then my system crashed and i cannot get the password i though i put in to work

The question today is that i am entering the job marketplace, I am seeing maybe 5-7 people and it has been this way all day, I have read previous posts and i have tried the following, i have cleared cookies and cache, the language is set to english uk and it is definitely the job marketplace i have been going into

Can you help please?

marymarcel Feb 19 2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daviewho (Post 6484750)
Hi my game id is actually 570427319 but i cannot get into the forum as i need the password reset again please, i did update it and then my system crashed and i cannot get the password i though i put in to work

The question today is that i am entering the job marketplace, I am seeing maybe 5-7 people and it has been this way all day, I have read previous posts and i have tried the following, i have cleared cookies and cache, the language is set to english uk and it is definitely the job marketplace i have been going into

Can you help please?

Hi Daviewho / Linda :)

I moved your post to the Marketplace thread.

When you contacted me by private message I asked you to contact Support to reset your password.

Also I asked you to change your language to English US and see if you then were able to see more farmers at market.

Did you do that?

Jake the Rake Feb 19 2022 12:37 PM

Selling animals in bulk

Is there a tool to sell animals in bulk, directly from my storage unit? With my many neighbors that send out trains, I have thousands of animals in my storage that I can not use. All of my animal sheds are full, and I do not need to add any more at this time.

marymarcel Feb 19 2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake the Rake (Post 6484762)
Is there a tool to sell animals in bulk, directly from my storage unit? With my many neighbors that send out trains, I have thousands of animals in my storage that I can not use. All of my animal sheds are full, and I do not need to add any more at this time.

Hi Jake the Rake :)

I moved your post to the thread about Markets as you have to go there to sell your animals.

Click in Map icon and then in Trade Marketplace.

When Tom ask you to show your prices, click in Items button. Then set the filter to Animals.

You will show all animals and a button to Sell All. You have to click in the Sell All button for each animal you want to sell.

There is no a tool to sell them all from storage as you probably have some of them you dont want to sell at that moment.

kingcrom Feb 22 2022 09:47 PM

can't clear and read 1 message in inbox

I have 1 message in my inbox when i click it it pops up for a second the closes
if i get a new message i can see it and reply but i can't see past messages
i have changed browsers and computers cleared all and problem still happening

thank you
game id 600061403

Taz D Feb 22 2022 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcrom (Post 6485054)
I have 1 message in my inbox when i click it it pops up for a second the closes
if i get a new message i can see it and reply but i can't see past messages
i have changed browsers and computers cleared all and problem still happening

thank you
game id 600061403

Hi Kingcrom,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

Tiger Feb 23 2022 04:11 AM

UPDATE 12:24 GMT

Try the game now please and see if you are now staying online.

The issue listed below should now be resolved.

ISSUE:

We are aware that the game is staying offline.
This has been sent of to the developers.

Remember if you have any crops needing harvested before they waste, you can work offline to do them yourself and so can your super neighbours.

We apologise for the inconvienince and ask you to try to be patient while this is investigated. It is very early in the morning for the developers so we may have to wait a while.

Daviewho Mar 04 2022 09:45 AM

Problems with job market place

My id is 570427319, i have been having problems with this for weeks, when i enter the job workplace and there is only 3 to 5 people there, no matter how much i refresh, log out and back into FT, i have tried going though the inn and no joy, i cannot work if i cannot get into this, I reported this last week and i was send a link in a e-mail which was nothing to do with this, Please help

Taz D Mar 04 2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daviewho (Post 6485838)
My id is 570427319, i have been having problems with this for weeks, when i enter the job workplace and there is only 3 to 5 people there, no matter how much i refresh, log out and back into FT, i have tried going though the inn and no joy, i cannot work if i cannot get into this, I reported this last week and i was send a link in a e-mail which was nothing to do with this, Please help

Hi Daviewho,
You were answered and asked to change your language in your preferences to English US to see if you see more people in the job market. Be sure to click on the green check to save that change.

Herb Barber Mar 09 2022 07:58 AM

Help when I go to the market there is no one but me there, can't hire anyone

marymarcel Mar 09 2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herb Barber (Post 6486218)
Help when I go to the market there is no one but me there, can't hire anyone

Hi Herb Barber :)

When you arrive to Market please check the plug icon is green instead of red.

You have your language set to English US, so you should see other farmers at market.

Do you have a program called KAMO in your computer? If so, please disabled it, restart your computer and try to go to market again.

13grands Mar 19 2022 06:27 PM

selling goods at market

Hi, I just sold half of my products *through Co) to obtain cash but didn't receive the cash. Is this a glitch? I've never had a problem before.
Thanks for your help

Taz D Mar 19 2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13grands (Post 6487630)
Hi, I just sold half of my products *through Co) to obtain cash but didn't receive the cash. Is this a glitch? I've never had a problem before.
Thanks for your help

Hi 13grands,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the markets.
I can see you have 66,598,630,713 now and as of 4:36 PM eastern time you only had 64,187,444,388 coins, so I do believe you did get your coins.

david1248 Mar 20 2022 01:25 PM

farmers to help

since up date to windows 11 there are no farmers to hire on hire market is there any help out there:(

marymarcel Mar 20 2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1248 (Post 6487794)
since up date to windows 11 there are no farmers to hire on hire market is there any help out there:(

Hi david1248 :)

Do you have a program called KAMO ?

If so, please delete it, then restart your computer and try the markets again.

Herb Barber Mar 21 2022 06:17 AM

My no when I come on is U75, 1753818888 is my other no. No one at market jave tried everything. set to english but nothing works been out for a month sometime when I leave here it works but not lately. Help please Thanks

Tiger Mar 21 2022 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herb Barber (Post 6487918)
My no when I come on is U75, 1753818888 is my other no. No one at market jave tried everything. set to english but nothing works been out for a month sometime when I leave here it works but not lately. Help please Thanks

Hi Herb Barber,

You last post about this was answered, please click on this link to be taken to it and see if any of those help resolve your problem. If it does not please reply to that post:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...22#post6486222

Herb Barber Apr 09 2022 07:32 AM

I can't believe you can't fix this game. When I go to the market to hire or to be hired there is never anyone there. when I go between my farms it shows a u72 and a u75 when i go to the market I have tried every thing you said to do but does not work I don't want to quit game but tired of not being able to get hired and to hire someone. Thanks

marymarcel Apr 09 2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herb Barber (Post 6490334)
I can't believe you can't fix this game. When I go to the market to hire or to be hired there is never anyone there. when I go between my farms it shows a u72 and a u75 when i go to the market I have tried every thing you said to do but does not work I don't want to quit game but tired of not being able to get hired and to hire someone. Thanks

Hi Herb Barber :)

I moved your post to the thread about Marketplaces

All your previous posts have been answered and I also asked you about a program but we never got a response.

Do you have a program called KAMO ? If so, disable it and restart your computer.
Then load the game and try to go to the market again.

If nothing works for you then please contact Support team. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Sandie May Angel Apr 26 2022 06:31 PM

Hi:

When I came to my farm I found a message waiting for me, so I opened it and read it. After I read it, I closed my message. Then I noticed there is another message waiting for me to open, so I clicked on it, but the message would not open for me. It just flashed on the screen and closed off quickly. Something is wrong.

Taz D Apr 26 2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandie May Angel (Post 6492150)
Hi:

When I came to my farm I found a message waiting for me, so I opened it and read it. After I read it, I closed my message. Then I noticed there is another message waiting for me to open, so I clicked on it, but the message would not open for me. It just flashed on the screen and closed off quickly. Something is wrong.

Hi Sandie May Angel,
It was just a ghost of the other message. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and that message should be gone.