Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 4th, 2009 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276138)

Raul Dec 04 2009 06:42 PM

New Release -- December 4th, 2009

Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with Christmas items.

5 Christmas items can be sent as gift to friends, and about 40 on the Christmas section on the Store.

We also released some bug fixes related to the multifarm:

1. Some users were double charged when buying the second farm

2. The farm selector now show the correct farm name when you are visiting friends with multiple farms

3. The fuel tank is now shown when you add a machinery to your second farm

We are currently focus on the issues with the lost coins/xp when working for others.

Thanks

--Raul

Mitch0769 Dec 04 2009 06:47 PM

new release

Thanks for the update! I love the Christmas stuff! Keep up the good work, I look forward to watching farm town grow.

tmlbluedove Dec 04 2009 06:50 PM

2 more problems

1. not able to put stuff in storage
2. had visit my neightbors for the past 4 days and the number is stuck, i missing at least 240

please help
thanks for your time

HLeeV Dec 04 2009 06:50 PM

Thank you!!! Got to go check everything out now....

Auntie H Dec 04 2009 06:53 PM

Who knew earning and spending imaginary money could be this much fun? Love the Christmas items.

RchGuessWho Dec 04 2009 06:54 PM

Thank you,,got snow on my farm :D

Molly Mew Dec 04 2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntie H (Post 2789202)
Who knew earning and spending imaginary money could be this much fun? Love the Christmas items.

Lol. We're all hopelessly addicted. :)

kellyrae72 Dec 04 2009 06:55 PM

My Big Seeder doesn't want to plant 4 plots anymore now? yes I have lots of fuel. it only plants one at a time now after the changes made Dec 4th. Also, you used to be able to stack stone paths and now you can't or plant flowers on them. Also, the dirt paths won't place on or close to other items allowing you to do the rippled water affect? does anyone else have this problem.. or any of these problems?

PS love the Christmas goodies :-)

Mary Dee McMinn Dec 04 2009 07:02 PM

No plants growning!

Today for the first time, I planted my entire farm at 2:00 pm AZ. Time with berries and returned at 4:00 to harvest.... Nothing was planted on the entire farm and I had to replant loosing all that money for seeds, plus the harvest and the time!!

Ouch!! Love all the decorations and fun stuff!! Thank You!!!

pheadley Dec 04 2009 07:15 PM

love the xmas stuff but hope you can fix the missing xp points its frustrating

lolcat Dec 04 2009 07:34 PM

Thank you! I love the Christmas stuff and I especially love the Nativity Scene! I have only been experiencing a problem with my storage. I cannot place anything in there and I would love to have the room for all of my shiny new Christmas decorations :)

Edit: Another problem I have been having is that I cannot receive gifts from certain neighbors. And, a suggestion: Please get rid of the requirement to have neighbors in your top 20 friends. I have no more room for my real friends and sadly, I have to move them to the bottom. Lame.

LindseysNana Dec 04 2009 07:35 PM

tyvm............everything works well except for gifts not showing up............missed getting my "snow" and "gifts" but love the update..............tyvm

Skeeter23451 Dec 04 2009 07:36 PM

Wtg farm town team! Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Dedah Dec 04 2009 07:43 PM

Christmas goodies???????? Right on!!!!!!!!!

SunnyD Dec 04 2009 07:44 PM

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas on FarmTown...... wooo hooo yay.... seems they really do listen to use after all. I also got charged for hiring my neighbor to harvest this morning no joke shocked me yup it said -250 and it subtracted it from my coins also...... freaky weird dude..........

donnamishel Dec 04 2009 07:55 PM

thank you so much!!! i love the christmas items :)

sjm30741 Dec 04 2009 07:59 PM

Thanks for recognizing you have some Jewish farmers on here! Appreciate the Hanukkah decorations!

kennywood™ Dec 04 2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 2789142)
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with Christmas items.

5 Christmas items can be sent as gift to friends, and about 40 on the Christmas section on the Store.

We also released some bug fixes related to the multifarm:

1. Some users were double charged when buying the second farm

2. The farm selector now show the correct farm name when you are visiting friends with multiple farms

3. The fuel tank is now shown when you add a machinery to your second farm

We are currently focus on the issues with the lost coins/xp when working for others.

Thanks

--Raul

Raul, Nice trinkets. NOW FIX THE FREAKING COINS/XP ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, it's like beating your head against the wall.

SunnyD Dec 04 2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennywood™ (Post 2789614)
Raul, Nice trinkets. NOW FIX THE FREAKING COINS/XP ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, it's like beating your head against the wall.

you actually quoted what he said did you not read it DUH!!!

aluft Dec 04 2009 08:08 PM

I like the Christmas stuff but want to comment on the change to the xp point thing.

I noticed tonight that for me, the xp points now add up as I click the plot and I don't have to wait for my avatar to que them up.

I got xp points for all 3 plow jobs I did tonight.

Thanks for that change.
Al

BobbieV Dec 04 2009 08:16 PM

EEK! WAAHOOOO!
Thank you for givin this good ole girl her snow back!
OMG I think theres a tear in my eye **sniff sniff**
I love my Farmtown Devs an I aint ashamed ta say it! :D
(Im so gonna go play in my snow right now)

farmerap Dec 04 2009 08:19 PM

Thank you for the new Christmas items, for making them affordable and especially for the nativity scene. Farmtown is still the best!

MandyW Dec 04 2009 08:32 PM

Love all the Christmas stuff. BUT, I noticed when I zoomed in on the nativity scene THERE WAS NO BABY JESUS!!!! Could just be my eyes but I couldn't find Him in there. ;o(

Little Wing Dec 04 2009 08:37 PM

Raul, you and Company are the BEST!!!

Many thanks for all the Christmas goodies!

Little Wing

Sandefur0522 Dec 04 2009 08:42 PM

can not access farm town, will loose all my crops! all other neighbors are enjoying their farms tonight! it will not down load! I can down load the gifts, i can give gifts all night, just can't get to my farm

MamaRed Dec 04 2009 08:51 PM

i love the Christmas stuff. but now i can't get back on my farm, and haven't been able to use storage all week and i have nothing in there. so glad we got snow! It is even snowing here in the southern usa tonight. Snow in two places! Now if I could just get my farm to load and get stuff into storage i'd be happy.

loustout Dec 04 2009 09:18 PM

Love the Christmas items...but can we get some Christmas flowers??
Thanks!

loustout Dec 04 2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyW (Post 2789766)
Love all the Christmas stuff. BUT, I noticed when I zoomed in on the nativity scene THERE WAS NO BABY JESUS!!!! Could just be my eyes but I couldn't find Him in there. ;o(

Your right....no baby Jesus...what is up with that??? the nativity scene is all about Jesus...would not have purchased the scene if I knew the baby was missing...please fix this.

mst Dec 04 2009 09:22 PM

I love the Christmas stuff. I only found a few things not the 40 mentioned. Will look some more.

Farmer_Susan Dec 04 2009 09:26 PM

LOVE all the Christmas stuff! And especially that it's affordable, varied and that there's tons of it. You guys are the best. :)

I did notice some weirdness just now - not sure if it's part of this release or the last one. My second farm - I had plowed the entire thing to make money until the Christmas stuff got here. So tonight, I started to delete fields. I got charged seemingly random amounts for each plot I deleted. This wasn't for re-plowing an area - it was for deleting. Sometimes it was 15 coins, other times it was 45 or 60. I was also charged for taking items out of storage. For example, I had bought the Gingerbread House earlier today and put it in storage until I could make a place for it on my second farm tonight. When I took it out of storage, I was charged 235 coins. Yikes!

I'd love some feedback on this. I'm scared to do much more on my second farm until I know for sure what's going on.

MamaBonnie Dec 04 2009 09:26 PM

Thanks!!

Love the Christmas Items...check out my Winter Wonderland and let me know what you think!! Merry Christmas everyone.:D:D

dothanger Dec 04 2009 09:27 PM

Not sure how this even works, but can someone give me a clue about what is going on. When I go to market to hire someone to work, there isn't anyone there but me, I try refreshing page, rebooting and still get the same thing. Been like this for 2 days HELPPPPPP

Farmer_Susan Dec 04 2009 09:29 PM

I thought that surely I was imaging this so I just tried to take my Small Holiday House out of storage. I was charged a whopping 2530 coins just for taking it out of storage! I haven't had any issues with storage before today's release. Help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 2790154)
I did notice some weirdness just now - not sure if it's part of this release or the last one. My second farm - I had plowed the entire thing to make money until the Christmas stuff got here. So tonight, I started to delete fields. I got charged seemingly random amounts for each plot I deleted. This wasn't for re-plowing an area - it was for deleting. Sometimes it was 15 coins, other times it was 45 or 60. I was also charged for taking items out of storage. For example, I had bought the Gingerbread House earlier today and put it in storage until I could make a place for it on my second farm tonight. When I took it out of storage, I was charged 235 coins. Yikes!

I'd love some feedback on this. I'm scared to do much more on my second farm until I know for sure what's going on.

Sandie Angel Dec 04 2009 09:30 PM

That happened to me one time, but I completely shut the machine off, and then came back again, and it worked after that.

Sandie Angel :)

SimplyQueenie03 Dec 04 2009 09:34 PM

lovin the new christmas stuff...may i suggest ice paths? just a thought. keep up the good work guys...really appreciate it.

DARLENEW Dec 04 2009 09:35 PM

I looked also and could not see a baby jesus either...which is rather upsetting since i am christian and jesus is the reason for the season!!!

Sandie Angel Dec 04 2009 09:36 PM

I just want to congratulate the Farm Town Dev. team for the wonderful Christmas stuff that you have put out for everyone. You are so considerate to not putting the price too high so everyone can get them even without the farm cash. Way to go Farm Town!!! This IS the reason why I prefer Farm Town to FarmVille. FarmVille always made it impossible for people who don't want to buy cash to play.

Farm Town has a lot of neat and beautiful stuff, and we can buy them with our coins to decorate our farms, which is more reasonable for once the season is over, you will have some other new stuff to put in.

I love to play farm town, I'm so addicted to this game. How about a third farm for the players? I'm having big fun in playing farm2, I'd. love to be able to add more farms to my ID when possible.

Thank you!!

Sandie Angel :)

Ceedeeaych Dec 04 2009 09:36 PM

No baby Jesus?

Perhaps there is some confusion on just what a nativity scene is: the depiction of the birth of Jesus!

Why does the Nativity scene have NO baby Jesus?

NOT cool!!

DARLENEW Dec 04 2009 09:47 PM

Yeaaahhhh! Christmas has come to river view farm!!! Check it out and let me know what you think!!! Thanks, devs...love the items except there is no baby jesus in the nativity scene...disappointing.

jeannieb Dec 04 2009 09:48 PM

Love the snow but why not allow you to purchase it like the dirt path, a bunch one right after the other.