Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- July 10th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342646)

Raul Jul 10 2010 04:16 AM

New Release -- July 10th, 2010

Hey there,

Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. These are mainly bug fixes and a couple of new features as well.

1. There is a 'Buy One' and 'Buy Multiple' option when you click on any item in your farm which is sold in coins which cost < 50000 coins. This will save you going to the store and looking up the items. The 'Buy Multiple' option will allow you to buy multiple fences, trees and other items very quickly.

2. There are 6 new Paths and 2 new Roads in the Paths/Ground section on the store. There are 1 new path (sidewalk) and sand patches on the gift section as well. The 2 Roads have the pieces a little bigger so you can put cars on top without much trouble. If the pieces were smaller, then is more likely that when you put objects on top they "sink" or get overlapped in part with some of the path pieces. This is an area we are planning to improve in the near future.

3. The lost of items in the Windmill, Coffee Grinder, Sushi Restaurant and Seafood Restaurant should now be solved. When you open any of those facilities again, whatever is there is what you are going to have as a starting point moving forward. Some users will lose products, others will see some of the lost products comming back, but moving forward, there shouldn't be any more product lost.

4. Many old items now rotates: Hay bale, Boulders, Sacks, Telephone Poles, Double Light Post, Wind Generator, Rooster Compass, Lemonade stand, Ice cream, cotton, popcorn, hotdog carts and Tree trunk with axe.

5. When fishing, there were some weird negatives coins popping up most of the time, this has been solved as well.

6. There were some neighbours that were not appearing on the 'My Neighbours' tab, so users can not remove them. Moving forward, all neighbours will always appear on that tab, so you can always have the option of removing them.

Thanks

--Raul

essexboy Jul 10 2010 04:17 AM

great, thank you

mehere Jul 10 2010 04:24 AM

thank you Raul multi buy very helpful

Molly Mew Jul 10 2010 06:04 AM

Nice... Thanks Raul. :):)

Lavenda Jul 10 2010 06:11 AM

sneaky - I didn't think it would come till next week when there was nothing new some 12 hours ago. Lots more new path options, oooh this could be fun! Thanks for the new things and the fixes :)

Rob T Jul 10 2010 06:16 AM

Thanks Raul & the Devs team for another great update :) love the Road idea, makes things alot easier :)

kahra01 Jul 10 2010 06:20 AM

Thanks guys... you ABSOLUTELY rock!

LoreneC Jul 10 2010 06:28 AM

All great updates! Thank you.:)

Farmer_Susan Jul 10 2010 07:28 AM

Thanks so much! One of the things I really appreciate about Farmtown is how much effort you guys put into fixing bugs. And I am sooooo appreciative of the attention you're giving to the sinking issue. That one has really "bugged" me! :)

Eager to go try the new roads and paths.

Farmer_Susan Jul 10 2010 07:34 AM

I was so busy playing with the July 1 release stuff that I never got around to posting but I wanted to say that that Hardware store has got to be one of the all-time BEST graphics ever! I love zooming in close and just sitting and looking at it. It's awesome. I hope the artist/designer who did it sees this post.

I'm also thinking maybe we'll be able to do stuff there someday . . . maybe go buy irrigation systems for our farms so we can have one-click watering? :)

StoneFace Jul 10 2010 08:17 AM

N I C E

got my work cut out for later....

cmemom13 Jul 10 2010 08:20 AM

Thanks for the fix and additions- I knew it would be taken care of if possible. Still love the game!

Tony D Jul 10 2010 08:29 AM

ohiosweetheart Jul 10 2010 08:37 AM

Thanks Raul for the work you put into this game. It's the only one I play now.
Have a great weekend!

suejj14 Jul 10 2010 08:39 AM

telephone poles

Love the updates! The telephone don't stay rotated, however.

alemap Jul 10 2010 08:52 AM

thanks you guys are the best!!!! this is the best game on fb

Chelsea J. Jul 10 2010 08:55 AM

Thanks Raul and Devs, great update, like the new paths. Hopefully the fishing problem was fixed as well... thank you all for your hard work and dedication. Did that mean 10 more new levels came out yesterday???? It came up on my screen saying that, so is the top level now 100 or 110? Thanx...

kimbee2 Jul 10 2010 08:59 AM

I LOVE the changes made in this update!

Telegraphs Jul 10 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelsea J. (Post 3703090)
Thanks Raul and Devs, great update, like the new paths. Hopefully the fishing problem was fixed as well... thank you all for your hard work and dedication. Did that mean 10 more new levels came out yesterday???? It came up on my screen saying that, so is the top level now 100 or 110? Thanx...

The top level at the moment is 100 :)

gtosga Jul 10 2010 10:33 AM

Thank you for all the fixes and the sidewalks (in gifting) and the roads! I am still hoping for a 5th farm in the near future. LOL someone was going to say it !

Old Goat Jul 10 2010 10:51 AM

Multiple buy..new paths..WOOOAAAAA!!!!! :)
*Old Goat sends roses to the devs (in bunches of 5)* :D

Kay Pasa Jul 10 2010 10:53 AM

thanks so much for the new Land paths, I just used the Land Paths to go around my chicken coop and I love it! I had used the Dirt Paths but I like these much better. they look so real and is what you would see around and in chicken pens. thanks again. come to Nibbles Farm, #4 to check it out. :)

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 10 2010 11:11 AM

Fantastic! Thanks Raul :D

bagoshen Jul 10 2010 11:24 AM

Once again great job on the updates

godsangel Jul 10 2010 11:33 AM

Hi I play this on face book and my neighbours are missing on the bottom where you can clik on them to go to there farm ARE YOU FIXING THE MYSPACE FARM TWON ALSO
ON THERE the gift exchange not wroking you clik on it said erro i hope you guys are wroking on my space game to keep up the good job

godsangel Jul 10 2010 11:39 AM

are u wroking on the myspace one to it is not doing good my neighbours are not showing up on the bottom it said i only got 10 but i got 20 on the tab on the top where it said my neighbrous and the gift button not wroking

JAS0643 Jul 10 2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suejj14 (Post 3703082)
Love the updates! The telephone don't stay rotated, however.

In the past when I had this problem this is how I found to fix it most of the time. Put the item in storage, reload the game, then take the item out of storage and place it on your farm. It should now stay rotated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelsea J. (Post 3703090)

New levels came out last weekend, when they do updates they will have pop up telling you what they are when you log in they rotate different ones so that is probably why you are seeing a pop up about new levels.

@ Raul I love the buy multiple option it will make buying trees so much easier. I like the new paths also. Now on the gift paths they look like the snow you had a Christmas and there was some problems with the snow. 1st they didn't cover very well, and second they didn't want to go under things very well. I hope that has been fixed with these paths. I do think that paths that can fit together would work better, the ones in gifts will not fit together and because of that you have to overlap them and they don't cover that well.

jesdreher Jul 10 2010 12:16 PM

Thanks for these updates. I just spent my entire morning re-doing my farm to create a new highway through my farm. Love it!! Sure, we may not have food in the house because I haven't gone grocery shopping yet, but hey, the farm is all decked out!

Che-Rah Jul 10 2010 12:22 PM

Thanks to the devs and the mods for making the game better and better. :D

topmop Jul 10 2010 12:49 PM

Would love to see snow

All of these additions are fantastic. The only thing I would like to see is snow. For those in the southern hemisphere (where it is winter now) snow would be a very nice addition.

Country Girl77 Jul 10 2010 12:50 PM

awesome new paths/ground! LOVE that they are so large as well. Thanks much!

Double T Dude Ranch Jul 10 2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topmop (Post 3704022)
All of these additions are fantastic. The only thing I would like to see is snow. For those in the southern hemisphere (where it is winter now) snow would be a very nice addition.

We did have snow, in December :)

mandridge Jul 10 2010 12:55 PM

Since last night I have not been able to send gifts. I assume it has to do with the work being done on gifts. Please help. By the way, I love all the new additions and the way you actually care about your game. Thank you.

ema1976 Jul 10 2010 01:10 PM

Awesome, thanks!

krbrown2000 Jul 10 2010 01:23 PM

You have some GREAT farms, bunnylady!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnylady (Post 3703454)
thanks so much for the new Land paths, I just used the Land Paths to go around my chicken coop and I love it! I had used the Dirt Paths but I like these much better. they look so real and is what you would see around and in chicken pens. thanks again. come to Nibbles Farm, #4 to check it out. :)

SunnyD Jul 10 2010 01:25 PM

OMG roads you can put your cars on wow.... my dilemma ? I created a really cool road with crates love the look but want to put my seeder etc on it... i love how it looks now i need to tear it down lol for better road but love the look as it is LOL too funny..... check your messages Che-rah in five minutes......

Bubba Geouge Jul 10 2010 01:27 PM

thanks raul for the new updates.

Retrophyt Jul 10 2010 01:48 PM

Thanksssssssssssssssssss!!! for everything. Even when it has glitches. Such fun everything is. Keep up the good work & the willingness to fix things. Good Going Folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

PennyHatter Jul 10 2010 02:43 PM

How do you get the sand to look like it is under the sea coasts?

Love the new updates!!!

speedmonkey Jul 10 2010 02:54 PM

Thanks again for more great updates! I have not even had a chance to look yet but I am POSITIVE that they are going to make my farm look UBER cool!